Transfer Portal 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can many of our schools "accommodate safely and sufficiently" 125 players.....even if they are walk-ons..

You will need adequate/enough training staff, equipment, food (if you are doing separate dining), meeting space, etc...

I am just saying takes more than a notion to have that many players in a safe environment.....(even non-scholarship athletes cost money)

And don't get me wrong, I am not saying our schools can't do it...... I am just saying that cause the NCAA allows it doesn't mean we can afford it.

Many people look at short term costs.....I think about things like what if someone has a terminal injury and it can be proven that a university's athletic department medical staff was not adequate for the number of athletes within the department or having improper or inadequate equipment, etc...

**** Side note: you remember those helmets that some us played with in junior high (especially if you went to one of the poor schools in the MS Delta) that would spin all the way around your head because it was too big and was a hand-me-down helmet the high school played in 10 years previous....😎

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Nice post, man. Accurate. Unsure of the walk-on limit these days.

Will someone send this news to SU so they don't try to call the cops on JSU? We all know they don't teach math over there and will think something is awry w/ those #s.
Really??? I'm sure there's a Scoreboard out there that will more than make plain for the both of us any mathematical deficiencies

Smack Board =========>>>>

Can many of our schools "accommodate safely and sufficiently" 125 players.....even if they are walk-ons..

You will need adequate/enough training staff, equipment, food (if you are doing separate dining), meeting space, etc...

I am just saying takes more than a notion to have that many players in a safe environment.....(even non-scholarship athletes cost money)

And don't get me wrong, I am not saying our schools can't do it...... I am just saying that cause the NCAA allows it doesn't mean we can afford it.

Many people look at short term costs.....I think about things like what if someone has a terminal injury and it can be proven that a university's athletic department medical staff was not adequate for the number of athletes within the department or having improper or inadequate equipment, etc...

**** Side note: you remember those helmets that some us played with in junior high (especially if you went to one of the poor schools in the MS Delta) that would spin all the way around your head because it was too big and was a hand-me-down helmet the high school played in 10 years previous....😎
Check out the Shane Hooks video I posted. What we are building at JSU is the equivalent of everything you'd have at a FBS school.

Check out the Shane Hooks video I posted. What we are building at JSU is the equivalent of everything you'd have at a FBS school.
Side question: What's the discussion on increasing the budget for athletics at J-State? Will the students OK a fee hike? Etc.?

Really??? I'm sure there's a Scoreboard out there that will more than make plain for the both of us any mathematical deficiencies

Smack Board =========>>>>
Shiddddddd word is bond. I stay hard-on and vaseline ready.

Lets get it!!!

Side question: What's the discussion on increasing the budget for athletics at J-State? Will the students OK a fee hike? Etc.?
The budget is just that..a budget. We have and will continue to pour as much money into athletics as needed. Coach Prime and Ashley has secured plenty of sponsors. All of the upgrades we have going on probably won't even be reflected.

That’s 63 scholarships which can be distributed over 85 players, not a limit on roster size. All others are considered walk-ons! 105 was the limit…not sure if it’s that still!
JSU will have NCAA issues in the next year or 2. The powers that be will get wise to what they are doing to student athletes. Academic issues will arise as well as retention. I hope that they have a good compliance team.

Nope, probation, which we put on ourselves, ended last year and it was for what happened over 5 years ago. Why are you guys so sensitive? Retention is a measurement as well as grades.

Nope, probation, which we put on ourselves, ended last year and it was for what happened over 5 years ago. Why are you guys so sensitive? Retention is a measurement as well as grades.

You slow as hell and you’re late to the “we wish the death penalty on JSU & Prime” party.
You and countless others have wished that on us since the announcement of his hiring & the announcement of his first commit.
If you Scurd… Just say you Scurd! I’ll let the others educate you on JSU’s compliance dept because I don’t have a degree in Special Education. I’m not licensed to teach you shit.

Please don’t insult me with your obviously limited discussion capability. I am assuming that you have a degree because you sure don’t respond like you do. You guys don’t believe in real debate, you just cut people up with foul language and outrage. All of you JSU guys speak the same way.
We have to play 11 teams, you are just 1 and we are not afraid.

Please don’t insult me with your obviously limited discussion capability. I am assuming that you have a degree because you sure don’t respond like you do. You guys don’t believe in real debate, you just cut people up with foul language and outrage. All of you JSU guys speak the same way.
We have to play 11 teams, you are just 1 and we are not afraid.
I work in facts. It’s a fact your program was on probation and you wished the same or the NCAA to look into JSU as many others have. It’s a fact that JSU owns Ws on FAMU 14 and 18 and those were lesser teams. It’s a fact your team hasn’t played a snap of football in 2 years. We earn our titles here sir we don’t take a page out of UCF book and claim championships we didn’t “legally” by the law of probation qualify for. Now, you FAMU folks need to come up in here humble and quiet until you earn your swac hrs. Haven’t logged a swac conference minute yet and coming in here talking smack to OGs … mind your tongue and don’t be disrespectful. You can try that mess on SU but what you not gone do is come up here and throw rocks and bury your hands like you all mighty than though. Your house is glass … sit down… be humble….

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU will have NCAA issues in the next year or 2. The powers that be will get wise to what they are doing to student athletes. Academic issues will arise as well as retention. I hope that they have a good compliance team.
What are we don't to student athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back