Top 5 Bands thus Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhatheKing

King of the FUNK
We are in Mid Season. What 5 bands are on top so far?

My Top 5 (in no order)

Bama State
AAMU
JSU
UAPB
PV

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well from the 3 bands Ive seen and their live performances,

Stands
1. Prairie View
2. Jackson State
3. TxSouthen

Fieldshow
1. TxSouthern
2. Jackson State
3. Prairie View

How could you possibly put TxSouthern's field show over PV's? You've got to be joking.

Originally posted by KtB
How could you possibly put TxSouthern's field show over PV's? You've got to be joking.

Because I thought their feildshow at the Jackson State game was better than the show PV did for the LDC. Now that ranking can easily change after I see PV when they face UAPB. But for now, my opinion hasn't changed.

From what I've seen live

Stands
1. SU
2. UAPB
3. P.V.
4. A&T

Field
1. SU
2. P.V. (Had a nice show in Shreveport)
3. UAPB
4. A&T

well here are mine....and i don't do that stands and field crap. to me that is a sorry bands way of not getting ready all around!

SU....i don't watch tapes of this band over and over and try and find things wrong with them. i believe their overall sound can not and will not be matched. and besides some of you all have never seen them in person so get over it!

TxSU... i think this band is still the sleeping giant of the SWAC..when they wake up it will be over...

Valley..yes they are better than GRAM!

GSU... they have improved! and now they wanna throw a party? get a life..:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bandmaniac

Valley..yes they are better than GRAM!

get a life..:rolleyes:

What the fugg you smoking on dawg. Valley is better than us wtf man. Wait bruh I apologize for going off like that I am just passionate about my band. Well you konw what you have your own opinion and I respect that fasho. But Valley isn't better and good for them that they didn't show up today because we would have killed them. How you be in the same town as the football game with instruments and uniforms but don't show up. Somebody got cold feet.

my top 5 (not in order)
1. GSU
2. SU
3. PV
4. ASU
5. ASU

B.C.C.
J.S.U. that me and Mrs.Jones you guys played was killing!!
FAMU
SU
ALA.ST

Props to JSU's head drum major!!! Hold it down gurl!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wow! I'm never shocked by how some of you aren't truthful when you do these types of things. It is so disrespectful of your craft. Oh well...

I've only seen the following thus far:
SU
Prairie View
Alabama State
Alabama A&M
GSU

I got a glimpse at NCA&T, TnSU, JSU, Tuskegee, Hampton, Savannah State and Albany State. I've also heard Alcorn on radio. I don't think I saw or heard enough on TV and radio to include them in my decisioning (too little TV and you don't see radio performance). I really regret not seeing more of NCA&T on MBC. I enjoyed what I saw of Hampton, but again, they didn't get much time on TV either. JSU and TnSU had some horrible weather to deal with, so that wouldn't be fair to consider that show.

With that stated, I'm ranking what I've seen as follows:
1. SU
2. PV
3. GSU
4. AAMU
5. Bama State

I don't rank stands vs field and all of that. I think that all goes into the decision. However, I will take a stab at the dancers:
1. SU
2. PV
3. Bama State
4. AAMU
5. GSU

I'll see JSU this week and Alcorn next week.

PEACE!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
Wow! I'm never shocked by how some of you aren't truthful when you do these types of things. It is so disrespectful of your craft. Oh well...

I've only seen the following thus far:
SU
Prairie View
Alabama State
Alabama A&M
GSU

I got a glimpse at NCA&T, TnSU, JSU, Tuskegee, Hampton, Savannah State and Albany State. I've also heard Alcorn on radio. I don't think I saw or heard enough on TV and radio to include them in my decisioning (too little TV and you don't see radio performance). I really regret not seeing more of NCA&T on MBC. I enjoyed what I saw of Hampton, but again, they didn't get much time on TV either. JSU and TnSU had some horrible weather to deal with, so that wouldn't be fair to consider that show.

With that stated, I'm ranking what I've seen as follows:
1. SU
2. PV
3. GSU
4. AAMU
5. Bama State

I don't rank stands vs field and all of that. I think that all goes into the decision. However, I will take a stab at the dancers:
1. SU
2. PV
3. Bama State
4. AAMU
5. GSU

I'll see JSU this week and Alcorn next week.

PEACE!!!
:redhot: :redhot: I appreciate your near truthfulness:redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by OhatheKing
We are in Mid Season. What 5 bands are on top so far?

My Top 5 (in no order)

Bama State
AAMU
JSU
UAPB
PV

so u don't think SU should be in there? come on now, u my folk, but i beg to differ...

i i've only seen 4 Swac bands(5 bands in all)thus far, but i only feel comfortable naming 2 outta those 4 and 1 non-Swac, and mines are(in this order):
SU
AAMU
TnState

:smh: at some of these responses.

Well I haven't really been to any games or seen any tapes. So my top are based on who I've seen so far (and not in order cause I don't wanna hear ya dayum mouths about my opinion, even though opinions are like booty holes :rolleyes: ):

AlSU
BCC
SU
AAMU
FAMU

The only reason I included BCC is because they impressed da hell out of me on tape and at the BOTB in Atlanta. ;) Very nice and clean sound and well executed drill. :D Oh, and I loved the DM's. ;)

SU........is just SU I guess. :lol: Drills always well executed.....and the stands?? :eek2: Love that "In those Jeans."

AAMU has a nice sound in the stands based on what I've seen on tape and heard on the phone. But the halftime show needs a little more excitement.

But AlSU have really come a long way (despite what other folks think); you guys are sounding good and I love the field show; I think your performance in Detroit was probably the best one in quite sometime. Keep up the good work and fucc what other folks thank!!! :rolleyes:

I still don't understand most people's judging methods. :rolleyes:

As far as stands and field, do you honestly think your band is in the top 3? If pride is blinding then half of you mofos have never seen light.

What honestly puts your band above either SU, AAMU, PV, or??

From what I seen.

Field Show

1. JSU
2. FAMU
3. SU
4. ASU (Bama)
5. ASU (Alcorn)

Stands

1. JSU
2. ASU (Bama)
3. SU
4. ASU (Alcorn)