To All you Band Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
I'm not mad at you GR...you just don't understand that's all. It's just a lack of understanding. It takes longer than a split second to cut off a 250 piece band in the middle of a musical phrase. All music has natural breaking points. The smart thing for the DM to do is to wait for one of those breaking points to cut the song....which is what they normally do. Like i said....i'm not going to go all into that. ...this is not music theory class.... I'll just take your comments in the light that you don't understand. ;)

Or not to play at all while your team has the ball....

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"

GET READY IF YOU DON'T AGREE CHANGE YOUR NAME AND YOUR AVATOR

Uuuh dude

I believe my avotar has a JSette in it. Fortunately and Unfortunately, I havent heard a JSette making a loud disturbing noise. But If I ever get one Ima ......uuuh nevermind....wrong website.

Anyway....that pic has nothing to do with a band.....do you see that curve on that child?

And finally, All Im saying is do what you are suppose to do when you are suppose to do it. Do what is right and not what is wrong. Quit defending wrong. Playing loudly while your team has the ball after you have been warned several times is not only wrong, its dumb.

God Dam_ Get Ready

Man Get Ready,

That was the funniest _hit I have ever read in a thread man.

Oh my GOD

I can't stop laughing. More..... More..... More... Encore Man !

True Mach.
But the songs he's speaking of did not start when the QB went under center. They started during timeouts and breaks in action....they sometimes carry over to the next play though.

WHEN DID I SAY PLAYIN WHILE THE TEAM HAS THE BALL IS RIGHT?

~sigh~

GR... Like i said earlier ..you don't understand. It's cool. Like i said i agree that the band doesn't need to blast while the players are trying to hear the plays etc. But you may be taking it too far to say that "the bands time to entertain the crowd is halftime"....This is not a PWC. That's just not gonna happen so let that go.

Just a thought.....
If you are walking along...on your way somwhere and someone calls you name, do you take a few more steps as you stop to see who it is. ... .. . . not because you don't want to stop, just because it's comes naturally. It like a reflex.

Now imagine someone with no legs telling you how you aught to stop on the dime when someone calls your name. lol.

lol :lmao: that's the effect these comments are having on bandsmen. lol. He doesn't understand the idea of you having to take a few more steps...it doesn't make good sense to him....it's simple...it's because he has never walked.

GR,

Man you've got to understand that the football team is there to entertain the band in between songs. You've been going to games long enough to know this.

LOL@this whole thread. :lmao:

GR, bruh see we don't do the isht at SU. Doc loves SU football too much. Hell we play the fight song for every positive play. Every once in a while do the Jukebox get warned. But I spun it back on Bell because as Football Coach all he has to do is tell Dr. Liddell he don't appreciate the Boom playing while JSU has the ball. That's all it takes. No need for you to be cursing your band out.

I do feel what my fellow current and ex Band Geeks say. But GR you are arrogant enough to say these kids are geeks, but can you dance and play music at the same time without falling your arse down? Those kids in the band are probably way cooler than you.

So your approach is wrong. I noticed a long time ago that you think band members are some type of weak beings. I will bet you a 100 dollars that you wouldn't run up on just 1 of them cats and talk all that isht. I know JState83 can attest that the Boom has has had some ruthless mofos come through there that even a Football player would not want none of. But hey that's not important. You wouldn't understand anyway. Pocket protectors huh? That was a good one. LOL

I just want to know what Band Member took your girl back in the day.~snicker~ Sounds like you got some serious hangups about the band.
I am true football fan and always have been. But without the bands the game would not be the same. The PWC band get warned too. Go to an Ohio State and Michigan game those bands be at it every chance they get.
Don't even get me to talking about how a band feels when their team aint winning, hell we want to crank it up all night. But again I do understand both sides of the story.

This thread made my day. Welcome back GR.

:lmao:

WHAT YOU FAIL TO REALIZE IS THIS IS A FOOTBALL GAME, NOT A BAND COMPETITION. YOU HAVE FREE REIGN BEFORE THE GAME, HALFTIME, AND ALL NIGHT AFTER THE GAME. YALL STAY THERE AND PLAY ALL NIGHT SATISFYING THE REST OF THE BAND GEEKS.

And there, my friends, is the biggest load of bullisht that has been posted in this thread to this point.

man, there have been instances of some of these fans biyatchin' about bands playing during dayumn warm-ups. Then you've got the fuzz cutting into the little time bands do have after the game because of fans concerns about traffic... :shame:

Then you've got these same cats cutting into the time we're already allotted to perform with at halftime with mess ranging from the Shriners to dayumn uniform retirement cerimonies :smh:

I guess Dumbell calling toss sweeps on 4th and 12 is Liddell's problem too, huh???? :smh:

Man, I have no problem with having alloted times to play during the game of for the band to support the team, but that mess goes both ways.

You might as well get up and go to the conession stand like them SEC folks do... :shame:

amen.

GR is acting like a BAMA...twisting around everything i've said. lol. THE BAND DOES NOT NEED TO PLAY WHEN THE TEAM HAS THE BALL. I think even Liddell will agree with that....but when you undermind the importance of the band as a whole....are even question the need for their presence at the games...you've started an entirely differenct conversation.

JR, $100?
Atleast make it worth his time....
lol

GR...JSU alumn and all...you would get delt with man. lol. True they would cut you some slack for being a Jacksonian, but....in the long run..... lol.

interesting topic.

Let me shed a lil' light on the subject...this is the TRUTH!

#1...

First off, The Boom is NOT there just to support the team.

We have fans, and we have an objective once we step into Memorial or any other arena, and that's to whoop the siht out of the opposing band BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

#2...

Understand that cut-offs are all timed, so quit whining and complaining about us cutting off, either we'll tone it down or cut it off at the breaking point, period. That's how it's gonna be. Deal with it.

#3...

We bring in the dividends. As stated earlier, take us out of the equation and what do you have? I swear, I've seen more people go to the concession stand during the game, than during halftime. This is HBCU (SWAC) Football. We're in a conference where bands are respected and appreciated.

I understand where ya'll are coming from, but for us to understand ya'll, ya'll have to do the same. If not, there's always other ways of solving problems and I'm sure the football team doesn't want to go that route again. smh.

lol. and the church said. amen....*BLACK & BLUES* again.

now GR it's ok if you don't understand that.
Refer to the dude with no legs analogy.

gr u smell like mason

Why was the other thread closed?
Too many people in denial. smh....

I guess grown men supposed to be scared of band mufuggas... I don't like it when they play at the exactly wrong time. The beetches are so busy partying, they don't know that their team is getting whallopped...

p.s.

I don't pay to see the funky-assed band.

.....so the males in the boom aren't GROWN MEN now?

yall talk a real good game on this internet. lmao. I'm gonna leave that alone. I can't stand ni***ology. I'm just gonna move on.

Dirty you are the minority.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling:

man, yall ain't gonna be happy until GR has to face the Boom down....:lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling:

this thread is hilarious....:lmao:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:D :D :D :D

I've had my say ......................... he's on his own now. I have to go in the F.D. Hall Music Center at Homecomming.:eek2: :scared:

LOL

Look got dayum it GR....You seem really, really pissed. I say DON'T TAKE THAT SH*T. Let me help you out.

The BOOM practices everyday...Monday through Friday from 6:00 pm - until. They start off in the F.D. Hall Music Center. They usually stay inside and spend about 45 minutes on warm-up. Then about an hour and a half on music. Then they march out to the field. Now they've changed the practice field. They practice over behind Blackburn now instead of behind T.B. Ellis. They will be out there for about 2 and a half hours Mon. through Thurs. and 1 and a half hour on Friday nights. Then they go back inside and spend about another two hours on music.....

So now that you know where to find them....Handle up. Let us know how it goes. Sh*t....stop all this internet flexing. Go on and handle your business. smh. lol. dayum@black folks.

Dirty you go with him....and let me know if there are any GROWN MEN in the BOOM.

Originally posted by jstate83
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:D :D :D :D

I've had my say ......................... he's on his own now. I have to go in the F.D. Hall Music Center at Homecomming.:eek2: :scared:

:lmao: @ Frat.

It's funny how ya'll fools take us for a joke...

I like that, keep it that way.

You have the schedule, do what you gotta do...:cool:

Originally posted by Dirty
I don't pay to see the funky-assed band.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Man, you all are going to get someone fired! :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

I love my school and its peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back