To All you Band Geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
Crazylegs can tell you want kind of wrath the BOOM can unleash. lol. Remember the BOOM v. Alabama State in 96 *sniker*. And the BOOM is twice that size now. lol. :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

I remember that ....................... we were back at the cars ready for 1 more round of tailgating when this started.

Boom marched back to buses ........................ Bamma St. rolls in talking HIT-s ------------------- 2 seconds later -----BEE'S RUNNING FOR THEIR LIFE.

In the paper the next day ..................... Bamma St Director....
JSU band members were way too agressive after fight started.

Just like Valley .............................. Started game ...... lost ..........started fight ..........lost

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

lol.

I think the harsh truth is that you are out numbered. I don't think it bothers most fans. :( I didn't hear most of them complaining. I WAS...but all i saw when i looked in the stands was blue and white pom poms goin'. lol.

NT, you shole is right about that......

It's like my boy Coldsweat was saying- the BCF Football is 75% entertainment and 25% sporting event. Ticket sales would plummet if teams didn't have bands. How the hell do you leave a football game talking about the band? Only in the SWAC. I've seen games where we were getting dominated and you got fans in the stands yellin' at the band 'cuz they not playin' "The Show". C'mon now!!

When I was in high school, it was made known that the band does not play when our team had the ball, and what makes it so bad is that one of the Boom's drum majors attended that same H.S. so I think this is Liddell's doing.

But anyway, it would be appreciative if they would STFU, but a ticket sale is a ticket sale, I guess.

Prodigy, GR: You know I'm 'bout it when it's time to go to war!:D

Get Ready....i understand what you are sayin....i really do. But coming at the BOOM in the wrong manner...i.e. yellin'....will get you NO results.

I think most non-band folks get the mis conception that the band has no regard for the game. That's not the case. You have to understand music and phrases.....etc. You can't stop a song all at once. I can't go into all of that....just please believe that the BOOM wants JSU to win. The band is not competing against the team for the crowd. The BOOM is behind the team 100%. It just takes more than a split second to cut a song off.....and if there are only 2 more measures in the song....you can bet they are going to finish it.
--------------------------------
Mach,
He would probably tell them the same thing. lol. It's called tenure. He aint goin no where. lol.
--------------------------------

j-state_tiger06

I just don't think it's fair to jump on the band. It's really just a matter of gettin' their attention. They always cut the song off. What i'm sayin' is most of the playin' at the wrong time is not diliberate, it's just a result of not being aware. Folks act like the BOOM is going against the team. That's just not true. Everybody over there wants JSU to win.

po 83 "desperately trying" to divert
:smh::smh:

GR,
I know you're kidding when you said your own band was playing when you had the ball, forcing you to call a timeout.

And you know what is worse???.......

I went to a PWC football game later that night.
You dont catch their band playing while their team is right below them. Their fans know when to get up and make noise and congratulate the team everytime they do something good. The only time, and I mean the only time most of our ignorant ass fans stand up is when their is a fight in the stands or one of them damn bands is coming on the field. Noooobody is at the concession stand then.

I mean....lets be honest, unless this is your first time, and I mean your VEERRRY first time seeing a black college band.... 999 times out of a 1000 you aint about to see nothing different. And for once, does the person that directs the band listen to what is going on? Does anybody affiliated with the band know how tacky it is for someone on the field to grab a mic and start rapping? "Back it up now, do the dog now, shake that thang now....shake sha shake sha shake that thang." That is some tired ass shti. And I mean that....somebody edit that for me.

I know the Boom is probably the most respected band in the SWAC. Act like it. All Im saying is....and I know this is French to you band Geeks..... SUPPORT THE TEAM, DONT HURT THE TEAM

Dances, now do you see what I was telling you at the game?

Band geeks think they run the world. It's as if they are the main event and the football game is just on the undercard.

Originally posted by Get Ready
Does anybody affiliated with the band know how tacky it is for someone on the field to grab a mic and start rapping? "Back it up now, do the dog now, shake that thang now....shake sha shake sha shake that thang." That is some tired ass shti.

:lol:

But that is the truth. And I thought it was just me that thought like that. :smh:

Does anybody affiliated with the band know how tacky it is for someone on the field to grab a mic and start rapping? "Back it up now, do the dog now, shake that thang now....shake sha shake sha shake that thang." That is some tired ass shti.

Again....I think you are in the minority. Which means that nothing will change. GR...i'm sorry but i'm about to give you the TRUTH, the WHOLE truth...and nothing but the TRUTH.

1. This aint a PWC
2. THE SWAC aint a PWConf.
3. (hold on to your seat)
The BOOM
The Jukebox
The World Famed
The Marching Hornets
The Ocean
The S.O.D.
The Marching STORM
The M4
The Marching M&W
and
The Mean Green Music Machine
are what sells TICKETS in this Conference

Now should it be that way....NO.
Is that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...HELL YEA.

I'm sorry if you haven't realized that.
Now that doesn't mean that the fans at these schools don't respect the sport of football. That's not to say that they don't care whether or not their teams win...OFCOURSE THEY DO! But they come to see the BAND more so than the game. You have to know that. I'm sorry that's FACT.

Let the SWAC OFFICE send out a press release that BANDS will no longer be allowed at football games....see how many people you have at the SU-JSU game then. smh.

I Does anybody affiliated with the band know how tacky it is for someone on the field to grab a mic and start rapping? "Back it up now, do the dog now, shake that thang now....shake sha shake sha shake that thang." That is some tired ass shti. And I mean that....somebody edit that for me.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

somebody come get this fool......

before the Boom does!

It just takes more than a split second to cut a song off.....and if there are only 2 more measures in the song....you can bet they are going to finish it.

This is where you are wrong. It takes less than a split second to cut off a song. You highlight what I mean by arrogance cause here is where the band thinks they are more important than the team. If you take your lips off the FN horn, it will stop making noise in less than a split second. But no....you cant stop your precious song before the ending even though your QB is right under you trying to call out cadence. OOOHHH no, playing "My Baby Daddy" for the 2 millionth time is much more important than what the QB is trying to say RIGHT BELOW YOU, in the FN Astrodome, with the accustics and the sound bouncing off the walls. Them damn fools arent even courteous enough to quiet down just a little....cause it takes more than a split second to finish a song, and it has to be finished regardless right?

Watch this NT...Im right in the middle of a sentence. If I take my fingers off the keyboard it will stop typing in less than a.....

Dances, do you also see why I think organizing a national "No Band Day" is important.

Band geeks are killing black college football.

It's obvious that you just have something against bands GR. That's all this is. Because this started as a thread about the band playing while the team had the ball. I was with you on that. Now you've gone into halftime shows, announcers. lol. I don't want to believe that you are in denial GR....but i think you are. SWAC BANDS = attendance = $$$$.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
po 83 "desperately trying" to divert
:smh::smh:

For the 1,000,000 time ............................ could you tell me how I'm diverting.

If you take time to read the posts instead of falling out of your chair to post on anything JSU, you would have had your answer on the First page of this thread concerning this.

MH BLINDED BY JSU........................ :lmao: :lmao:

Watch this NT...Im right in the middle of a sentence. If I take my fingers off the keyboard it will stop typing in less than a..... [/B]

I'm not mad at you GR...you just don't understand that's all. It's just a lack of understanding. It takes longer than a split second to cut off a 250 piece band in the middle of a musical phrase. All music has natural breaking points. The smart thing for the DM to do is to wait for one of those breaking points to cut the song....which is what they normally do. Like i said....i'm not going to go all into that. ...this is not music theory class.... I'll just take your comments in the light that you don't understand. ;)

p.s. Typing a sentence is alot easier than playing F-Horn....not to mention conducting a 250 member band. Keep that in mind.

Ignorance is not a bad word.

Yes mh

JSU had to call a timout, IN THE SECOND HALF, cause the band wouldnt shut the hell up coming out of a timeout. Now the cat is out of the bag...

Now NT

Here is what you dont understand. You can have your cake and eat it too. Im not naiive enough not to realize that maybe 50% of the fans come to see the band. But you as the band have to know your place. You should play when you are SUPPOSE to play. You are there to SUPPORT the team....not harm the team. You dont do things to spite the team. They have a designated time they give you to excite the fans.....ITS CALLED HALFTIME.....look it up.

Exciting the other band geeks in the audience while the game is going on and while your QB is under center is NOT your job. I even like it when the Boom quiet plays GET READY or the Show to fire the team up while the game is in motion. That is fine. But blowing loudly while any team has the ball while the refs are begging you to quiet down is NOT your job...I dont give a damn what you say. Im shocked judgementless SWAC refs didnt flag The Boom for continuing to play while the game was going on even after asked both band 3 times not to play during a live ball. I guess if they had flagged us, they would have been cheating.

Again....I think you are in the minority. Which means that nothing will change. GR...i'm sorry but i'm about to give you the TRUTH, the WHOLE truth...and nothing but the TRUTH.

1. This aint a PWC
2. THE SWAC aint a PWConf.
3. (hold on to your seat)
The BOOM
The Jukebox
The World Famed
The Marching Hornets
The Ocean
The S.O.D.
The Marching STORM
The M4
The Marching M&W
and
The Mean Green Music Machine
are what sells TICKETS in this Conference

Now should it be that way....NO.
Is that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...HELL YEA.

I'm sorry if you haven't realized that.
Now that doesn't mean that the fans at these schools don't respect the sport of football. That's not to say that they don't care whether or not their teams win...OFCOURSE THEY DO! But they come to see the BAND more so than the game. You have to know that. I'm sorry that's FACT.

At last, NT and myself finally agree on something....:lmao:

Man, HBCU football is a pacakge deal....That's why we have the type of atmosphere that we do at our games; That's what makes HBCU football unique.

You mean to tell me that Kint can deal with the crowd noise made by folks in the opposing stadium, but whines like pansy when the Boom doesn't cut off a song the way the coach wants??? *smh*

:lmao: :lmao:

Man, you've got alot to learn...

OOOHHH no, playing "My Baby Daddy" for the 2 millionth time is much more important

Watch this NT...Im right in the middle of a sentence. If I take my fingers off the keyboard it will stop typing in less than a.....
aw L naw!!!

who would have thought that a topic about his own jsue would bring back the old GR!!!!

Black College Bands make Black College Football Black College Football. Besides the Bands.....what's the difference in Black College Football and PWC football.....smaller stadiums?

Get real....the BAND is the defining quality of Black College Football.

GET READY IF YOU DON'T AGREE CHANGE YOUR NAME AND YOUR AVATOR

GR i was with you through this portion of your last post.

"Here is what you dont understand. You can have your cake and eat it too. Im not naiive enough not to realize that maybe 50% of the fans come to see the band. But you as the band have to know your place. You should play when you are SUPPOSE to play. You are there to SUPPORT the team....not harm the team. You dont do things to spite the team."

Everything else is just grand standing. You don't understand. I don't expect you to. Let's just agree to disagree. lol.

I'm lmao @ GR! :lol: I don't agree with alot of what he posts, but I gotta admit, he shole iz tellin' the truth about the bands!!

There is a time and place for everything....even at a football game. :tup:

Dances, do you also see why I think organizing a national "No Band Day" is important.

Yeah, right.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Man, I'm all for having balance during the game if it's actually a detriment to the team...If the team is just sorry on it's own accord, that's something else... :shame:

I hate to break this to you guys, but you'd actually hurt HBCU football by doing some mess like that... In many cases, the band program is more of a high-profile marketing tool than most of the athletic teams are (At least in SWAC circles; the MEAC has a way to go in terms of actually allowing some of these programs to develop...)

Originally posted by crazylegs
In many cases, the band program is more of a high-profile marketing tool than most of the athletic teams are

and that's just the truth. you can't refute the truth. lol.

It takes longer than a split second to cut off a 250 piece band in the middle of a musical phrase. All music has natural breaking points. The smart thing for the DM to do is to wait for one of those breaking points to cut the song

Here is where I feel you are wrong. This is a football game, not a damn formal concert. If the lil band dude that directs the band, does that lil thing with his hand, the band will stop. The people in the audience, knowing its a football game, will know why the band stopped. NOBODY GIVES A DAMN WHERE YOU STOPPED....JUST STOP. DAMN A BREAK POINT.

WHAT YOU FAIL TO REALIZE IS THIS IS A FOOTBALL GAME, NOT A BAND COMPETITION. YOU HAVE FREE REIGN BEFORE THE GAME, HALFTIME, AND ALL NIGHT AFTER THE GAME. YALL STAY THERE AND PLAY ALL NIGHT SATISFYING THE REST OF THE BAND GEEKS.

You know...FN call me Ignorant...Ill take it.

But here is my theory, At least when YOUR QB is under center, at all cost, stop playing loudly......color me wrong. Im not asking the band to stop playing during the game, all Im saying is play at appropriate times. Am I wrong about that? Any band director that does not direct his band to do so is not a real professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back