To all you band geeks...part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Robber
I ain't calling Liddell about nothing. I'm guessing that the attitude of bandsmen are a direct reflection of their directors. So I'll get the same crap from him. I'd rather contact Dr. Mason and ask him to check Liddell.

:lol: Call Mason.

And the bandsmen's attitude is not a direct reflection of Liddell. Liddell is in a whole other world ALL by himself!!!! :lol: Trust!

To all the band folks and the rest of this thread....

Obviously the rif here is between the band folks and the non band folks. The band folks think its OK to play until they get to a break, others think differently.

But how did we get here? How did this thread turn into, "well come say it to the bands face..... CAll Dr. Lidell and tell him that....most of the people come to see us anyway....the band plays and thats just the way it is......"

All we are saying is....extend the same professional courtesy to your football team that you extend to the other band.

#1...What is this Napoleonistic complex your people have with fighting? Everytime you guys are confronted with a legit issue, you think you have to fight. Well check this out. Im not fighting anybody. Im a grown ass man...and I take pride in being a grown ass man. How stupid would my police report be if it read....30 something year old man got into a fight with college students over something that was said over the internet....how stupid would that be? That aint gonna happen. Just take what Im saying as a word of advice and try to do better.

#2 I think you band people take yourselfs just a liiiiittle too seriously. Not a lot....just a little. Take a joke, run with it...have a good time.

#3 Try to do what is right....I know its gets hard sometimes...I know you are not at a "breaking point," but going forward, try to help and not hurt.

To the Boom specifically. YOu do realize that you hurt the team this weekend. Not only did they have to overcome being on the road, playing another team, the other teams coaches, but they had to overcome their own damn band. I know that means nothing to you since you cant stop so soon.

I have a question for you band people. When you are in the band room practicing a song and you mess up, does the director make you stop right there or does he wait for you to get to a breaking point before makes you stop....just asking.

And finally to AAALLL HBCU bands....

I know that a football game is just the excuse 50K folks use to go see the band. We all recognize that. But could you do us all a favor and act like you care what is going on on the field? I know you guys have top billing, and you cant wait til halftime so you can drop it like its hot, but you could at least act concerned?

If I were a band director, I would make the band the biggest most organized cheerleading section in the crowd.

Would it hurt you too much to support the team by:

Playing a few lines of something when they get a first down
Do the same thing when they stop the other team from getting a first down.
Play something when the defense gets a turnover or
If the offense make a big play
Make a lot of noise(verbally) when the other team is trying to convert a 3rd down.

You know...act like you are there for the team eventhough we all know they are there for you. Thats all Im saying.

Originally posted by Get Ready
I have a question for you band people. When you are in the band room practicing a song and you mess up, does the director make you stop right there or does he wait for you to get to a breaking point before makes you stop....just asking.
:lol:

beat that, beat that, 1 - 2 - 3!!!

Gr now that I have marched in the thread I have to tell you that you are wrong. I see the error of my ways. People don't care about the football teams. They are there to see and hear the bands. No one cares about the outcome of the game that has a score, a winner, and a looser. They care about the band battle and the subjective way that a "winner" is determined. You are in a world of your own. After reading a thread where I battled these band geeks, err I mean Talented Musicians, I realize that wanting to watch "warriors , collide with each other at high rates of speed" is silly an assanine. Because they are really only there as a function of the band. That is why the band can play when it wants to. Frankly I feel that the team should take a time out when they get near the band and we are playing a song. they should respect the band more. Football teams frankly are just ....SLAW. From the time I was 7 years old and put on pads, my parents lead me in the wrong direction. All that time I should have been practicing my dance moves and getting ready to blow the other people and the football team off the field!!!

You are wrong Get Ready, and you and your cohorts need to apologize and recognize the power of the french horn!!!!

If I were a band director, I would make the band the biggest most organized cheerleading section in the crowd.

Make a lot of noise(verbally) when the other team is trying to convert a 3rd down.

You know...act like you are there for the team eventhough we all know they are there for you. Thats all Im saying.

I agree with you, GR.
But I can tell you that the band doesn't do that anymore since, Paul I. Adams left.
There was a time when we would play in support of the team, such as playing "Get Ready" softly or playing "The Show" at the right time. I can remember those days, because those were the years I was there.
But there isn't a band director there right now (not that I can see anyway) who is as passionate of supporting the team in hopes of them winning a game.
Your frustrations shouldn't be directed to the BOOM but to Dr. Lewis Liddell. He's the one who allows them to play and tells them when to shut if off. The band members are only doing what the person in front of them (drum major OR band director) is directing them to do. And that's the truth!

#2 I think you band people take yourselfs just a liiiiittle too seriously. Not a lot....just a little.

This is like referees thinking people come to the football to see them officiate.
:confused:

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
GR, what do you think would happen if the Boom came to a game, sat down in the stands and would only play during timeouts or and the end of a quarter? I can guarantee that while you and a few dozen other people might enjoy that, there would be thousands that would be cascading all types of obscenities at the band telling them to play something!!

You ain't lying! I have seen that happen plenty of times!!

Originally posted by Suge

beat that, beat that, 1 - 2 - 3!!!

Gr now that I have marched in the thread I have to tell you that you are wrong.

He said that he marched in the thread...:lmao:

Originally posted by northern tiger
This is like referees thinking people come to the football to see them officiate.
:confused:

I thought that I already said that I do? :confused:

Football teams frankly are just ....SLAW.
You are wrong Get Ready, and you and your cohorts need to apologize and recognize the power of the french horn!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

You're crazy!

man, this is comical...

GR, do you realize that folks actually agreed with you a thread ago??? and your still whining...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

#2 I think you band people take yourselfs just a liiiiittle too seriously. Not a lot....just a little.

GR, bandsmen take what they do seriously for a reason. They want to be the best at what they do, point blank. From what I've seen over the years, they've done a better job of that on a national scale than JSU football has over the past decade...

You shouldn't be surprised to see these types of responses when you trivialize what they do...

That TSU/JSU Game was better than I thought.

Third Coasters,
I am going to Frenchy's to get some chicken. I am getting a 20 piece. Meet me in this thread. Now that Suge has marched in this is going to get really good.

Suge called the football team Slaw. :lol::lol:

Continue on with the :argue:.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Get Ready is hilarious. I'm gonna get fired.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown:

Re: That TSU/JSU Game was better than I thought.

Originally posted by docmump
Third Coasters,
I am going to Frenchy's to get some chicken. I am getting a 20 piece. Meet me in this thread. Now that Suge has marched in this is going to get really good.

Suge called the football team Slaw. :lol::lol:

Continue on with the :argue:.
Yeah and I'll run down to the corner store and get some spirits!!!

Originally posted by crazylegs

GR, bandsmen take what they do seriously for a reason. They want to be the best at what they do, point blank. From what I've seen over the years, they've done a better job of that on a national scale than JSU football has over the past decade...

You shouldn't be surprised to see these types of responses when you trivialize what they do...

Parade Rest!!!!!

See GR, See what I am talking about. You are trying to trivil, errr, Trailva, errrr, make fun of the power of the bands. They are the masters of music man!! You need to stop all this "hating" that you are doing on the bands and understand that without the bands, there would be no football teams. Man they made a movie about the bands. Didn't you see drumline. Hell next they are going to make fluteline, saxline, and tubaline. You don't them making any mover about the offensive line do you? And you know why not....because the fans want the band. And the band will play when it dayum well pleases!! It is like going to war every saturday. Band is a game of inches, err I mean notes. You just don't understand. but youhave to play 4 quaters if you want to win. Playing up until halftime, and you loose momentum in the second half, you can loose the game. That is why in this thread, just like on saturdays, we have our game faces on. because on any given saturday, anything can happen.

Now watch as I blow my whistle..........

<font size = 20>TWEEEEEEEEETT!</font>

Attention!!!!

Hey band .........Yeah!!

Hey Band .........Yeah!!!

Are you ready......Yeah!!

Then break it down now..............

Shake that thang
shake that thang
now drop it like its hot
work it like its not.
Twirk it.......Work it......

Now Freeeeeeezzeeeeeeee..........

:lmao: :lmao:

Man, is it already 10:30 a.m., 'cause ya'll are already making my day go by faster!?

That is why in this thread, just like on saturdays, we have our game faces on. because on any given saturday, anything can happen.

Attention!!!!

Hey band .........Yeah!!

Shake that thang
shake that thang
now drop it like its hot
work it like its not.

:lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling: :lmao: :bawling:

Hell next they are going to make fluteline, saxline, and tubaline.

Attention!!!!

Hey band .........Yeah!!

Shake that thang
shake that thang
now drop it like its hot
work it like its not.

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Man they made a movie about the bands. Didn't you see drumline. Hell next they are going to make fluteline, saxline, and tubaline. You don't them making any mover about the offensive line do you? And you know why not....because the fans want the band. And the band will play when it dayum well pleases!!
OK, I am finished. Did you catch this part as well.
You are trying to trivil, errr, Trailva, errrr, make fun of the power of the bands
:lol:Classic:lol::lol:Classic:lol::lol:Classic:lol::lol:Classic:lol::lol:Classic:lol::lol:Classic:lol::lol:Classic:lol:

I think that this may be the first time in TSPN history that 2 threads on the same subject makes the HOF smack days after each other. Keep up the good work. :tup:

Days of old send help!

And finally to AAALLL HBCU bands....

1. It is.

2. They do at times. That's when they play after a defensive gain. It really just so happens that it's part of band competition and school spirit.
3. Do you attend these games? These are usually followed by the most popular rap tune.
4. Some bands actually do this with the fans and then play.

5. Fine, that's what made the band show up in the first place. This all got out of hand when you really made the comment "BAND GEEKS". Everyone knows you weren't trying to be semantic and mean they were hype for what they were do which makes them "geeked up". What do you take people who don't share your views as...MORONS? Did you vote for Bush?
Usually the claim of someone being "geek" has been made by someone who would seek to intimidate that person because they "are different" or are "weaker". So if you want to see geeky behavior as you call it then by all means go to the bandhall and address everyone in the band as a geek and see what you get. If anyone called all football players homo-erotic with all the "tackling" goin on and said that in the fieldhouse, they probably wouldn't leave because football is what football players do and band is what band's do. Now there can and probably should be some changes.....but it AIN'T ONESIDED. And for someone to just automatically write the band off as GEEKS that don't care about the game, the team and the school is.....
well you know.....
must it be spelled out for you....
BULLSHAT.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back