To all you band geeks...part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
See GR, I told you for years JSU band was just as hard core as the Jukebox, noooooooooooooo you didn't want to believe me. Now you see. They even mentioned the Bama St incident. JSTATE83 brought up 86 when the Boom and JSU's football team had a rumble. But that was the old days. Bruhs were harder then. LOL.

This isht is funnier than a mofo. I can't breathe from laughing so hard. GR you are the man. This was a genious thread. I mean you are the smack king. I mean you used the band to divert smack of JSU's football team. Even MH is on here cosigning. I saw Jags co-signing. Bornthrilla is even with you on this. Man you have diverted a whole day of smack off of JSU's arse.

Notice in the process that even Mighty Dog had nothing to say? GSU was quiet except Mach who is a closet band geek. I will never dispute your smacking skills again. This is Hall of Fame.

Now all you have to do is avoid the Boom for a while. I think you done riled them folks up. That's the old GR I know.
:lmao:

originally posted by Get Ready

uuuuh sop....we heard you the first time dude...

Anyway...I dont want all you people to misinterpret the word geek. It just means you are excited about something you love. For instance...Im a woman geek....Im a sex geek....Im a money geek....Im a football geek.

See.....no need for the band geeks to get offended. Just push your glassed up, put your spats on, and do your thing.

He's not calling you guys geeks geeks he's just calling you all geeks. If it'll make you feel better I am an anti-Bill Thomas geek, I am a track & field geek.

There, does that make you feel better?

Post of the Day.......

Watch this NT...Im right in the middle of a sentence. If I take my fingers off the keyboard it will stop typing in less than a.....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I hate I did not know this was going on over here. Thanks DTow....errr..SUFinest.

I passed out again when I read this sentence.

How did I miss all this action?

The season is taking a toll on GR, I hope he is in his right mind when they come to Normal, Alabama.

The only good statement that GR made which should go into the Hall Of Fame is "When you take you lips off the horn it stops."

What GR fail to realize is that a when you blow a horn 99% of the time the horn will have a sucking effect and damage the blower lips. Noise Talka was trying to explain this GR, but you are not listening.

:)

Originally posted by MightyDog
How did I miss all this action?

The season is taking a toll on GR, I hope he is in his right mind when they come to Normal, Alabama.

The only good statement that GR made which should go into the Hall Of Fame is "When you take you lips off the horn it stops."

What GR fail to realize is that a when you blow a horn 99% of the time the horn will have a sucking effect and damage the blower lips. Noise Talka was trying to explain this GR, but you are not listening.

:)

Damn, almost made it without a MD post. Oh well you can close the thread now. MD has spoken. lol

what i said earlier.. is

Originally posted by BigOdis
Your not a legend, punk!:lmao: :lmao:

Naw but for real.. bands are relevant today! Bands can draw more of a crowd anywhere they go then there respective football teams.

I mean.. was it SU's football team on MTV or SU's BAND? or GSU's football team on a tampon commercial or their band?

Case-n-point... Bands are a main attraction of HBCU football games and they attract their own crowd. I mean COUNT HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THE STANDS AFTER HALFTIME excluding rival teams ie. SU vs Jsu/gsu(well ive even seen the classic empty out after halftime).

Those people who dont "like" the bands.. tough..get over it! There here to stay! Promise u this.. if SU and GSU bands dont attend the classic.. watch the riots! lol

AND DOWN!

Originally posted by CriTAUcal
No, it's NOT "all good" with me on that. But it is the truth though.
Why don't ya'll just call Dr. Liddell with your concerns about the band playing at the wrong times.
I ain't calling Liddell about nothing. I'm guessing that the attitude of bandsmen are a direct reflection of their directors. So I'll get the same crap from him. I'd rather contact Dr. Mason and ask him to check Liddell.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
He's not calling you guys geeks geeks he's just calling you all geeks. If it'll make you feel better I am an anti-Bill Thomas geek, I am a track & field geek.

There, does that make you feel better?

I'm just LMAO at how those band geeks took that!! This thread is golden!!

Being a geek, like mentioned earlier, just means you have a passion for what it is that you do. Y'all chill out:cool:. It's not personaly or anything. Click on the link in my signature. We used to call my frat (of the A-Phi kind,) a band geek, but he knew what we meant.:) . Me myself- I'm a TSPN geek!!!

So I guess the people that have never played football, but love to talk like they have are smackboard geeks or sideline bum geeks??

Originally posted by GoodFella
So I guess the people that have never played football, but love to talk like they have are smackboard geeks or sideline bum geeks??

NO.. Stand Geeks Will suffice!

Folks are really hot about this...

Sometimes, it's good to be on TSPN.

Thrilla, you had no right to pull out the "One time at band camp.." girl.

:lmao: :lmao:

JR, we took our band to Valley and both bands playing at the same time were asked to stop playing. But GR know this has been going on a long time. Sonic Boom is going to play no matter what. I was at the JSU/AlST Game and it seemed to me that the JSU Band out played State Band and they made them pay in the parking lot.

This is just too much for me to read. But it is Hall of Fame Smack.

I am a current member of the BOOM and I do agree with the original statement about playing while the ball is in motion...especially when your own team has the ball. But on the real though, I just got done watching the game on tape from last Saturday and the situation in which GR is referring to really isn't that serious. We were playing "The Show" during the 4th quarter and the J-State crowd got extra crunk because MTV's "The Band" was on our side having fun too. We did in deed quiet down because I distinctly remember seeing and hearing Doc cuss us to hell, along with the DMs, to play softer. If GR came on this site and post this just to be funny (in the Sonic Boom's case) then it was done it poor taste and bad judgement. I do agree that this is a great topic but should have been worded a lil differently.

By the way, you could have used a differently analogy than "band geek" when talking about bandsmen. I GuaranDAMNtee you that you won't say what you have to say about us Saturday at the game..."pocket protectors and bullish"...bruh, please. :rolleyes: Not ever have a met a geeky-ass BOOMer..but that's another topic...good topic...wrong way of posting...Carry On...

GR is now a wanted booster.

GJOHN zapped his computer

and now the boom is upset

This has gotten serious

Mike since you were in the band help GR with this one.

Originally posted by CriTAUcal

All this talk and ain't nothing changing come Saturday or for the rest of the season!

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
And if the football coaches start to complain about the bands to the president and the president complains to the band director and the bands sits in the stands and does not play, then band members and fans start to complain.
[/B]

Once the refs toss that flag....it will change. We were address these types of issues on the band board Monday.

Get Ready, you are fighting a losing battle. I hate to tell you that but it's true.
There will be some times when the band will get a little over excited and play loud when their team has the ball. More often than not, the drum majors and the directors will quiet them down before they get a flag on the football team. However, there is no rule about a band playing when their team has the ball!! So, if JSU has the ball the band can play as long as they bring the volume down when JSU breaks the huddle. At least that's the rule we were told about.
Now, when the opposing team has the ball, the band isn't supposed to play at all. However, you can get away with this one too if the football team isn't in front of you and you bring the volume down to where the team can hear.

GR, what do you think would happen if the Boom came to a game, sat down in the stands and would only play during timeouts or and the end of a quarter? I can guarantee that while you and a few dozen other people might enjoy that, there would be thousands that would be cascading all types of obscenities at the band telling them to play something!! The bands are as much a part of the HBCU football experience as the game. When you see the advertisments for HBCU football games (like the advertisment for Black College Football on BET) you see as many clips of the bands as you do of the football teams.

The bands are hear to stay. You have 2 things you can do. Sit back and take it or go to Hattiesburg, Oxford, or Starkville when you want to go to a football game where the band is going to just sit there and be quiet.

I have to side with Get Ready on this issue. I thought I was the only one who felt this way. The Ocean is notorious for playing at the wrong time and not paying attention to what?s going on the football field in the second half of the football games.

During the JSU/TSU game I mention to C-Leb28 about the NOISE POLUTION the two bands were causing. It was getting on my last nervous. The Dome was causing a serious echo. I think I?ll write our band director a little e-mail.

I think these band geeks have forgotten the blemishes that they have left on the conference....

Hazing Incidents which number too many to count.

The Prarie View/Southern fight that made national news..even Jim Rome talked about it for a week on his show.

The Ocean of "Stole" incident which made it harder for any HBCU student past/present or future to even get into Japan.

All that B.S. and they actually think the game revolves around them. Yeah Right!! If it did, you geeks would get more than a lousy 1/2 credit hour for band. All that practice and the powers that be think it's only important enough to give you a 1/2 acredit hour for your efforts. I at least got a whole credit for R.O.T.C lab, and I went to that once a week.

Oh yeah, the band is more important than the game. Which is why so many peeps go to NFL games to see the ban.....errr, nevermind.

:D

Now watch some band geek get his panties and a bind and threaten me.......Watcha go do lil beeeotch? Wipe a booger on my screen name?

Alcorn Warrior,

The bands would be OK playing, even during a live ball, if they didn't try to play the loudest songs in the "book". The crowd will enjoy the song, whether volume is high or low. But noooooo, the band just gotta blow on the other band.

One way or the other, I'm guessing it will get nipped in the bud.

Originally posted by NUNYA BINNIS

Now watch some band geek get his panties and a bind and threaten me.......Watcha go do lil beeeotch? Wipe a booger on my screen name?

LMAO!!!!!! You dayum fool!!!!:lmao:

Originally posted by NUNYA BINNIS
I think these band geeks have forgotten the blemishes that they have left on the conference....

Like the JSU/Valley FOOTBALL melee made any of us look good...:rolleyes:

Man, this thread has made a part 2! This is the most exciting thread since Pete was found snooping around on the internet, since Doug was caught with no Vaseline on his lips, since Jones caught that infamous SB touchdown, since Bucky got caught using ineligible players against LC Cole, since LC Cole got caught using ineligible players against everyone else in the SWAC, since, since..............well you get the idea. :D

Umm Get Ready.......

Come on over here and sit by me, there is an open spot on the "Bands Most Wanted" List. I have been an enemy for years!

Just wait until they tell about how they..

"Got all the women.."
"While we are playing/watching the game they are creeping with your girl"
"How all that booty shaking and girating makes them great men"

The list goes on......:lmao:

Originally posted by JR
See GR, I told you for years JSU band was just as hard core as the Jukebox, noooooooooooooo you didn't want to believe me. Now you see.

I dont see nothing JR

This is about being courteous not being a criminal. The Boom and any other band shouldnt play during the game, but even if they do, they shouldnt be hauled off to jail like those hoolagins in the Jukebox that beat those women so bad they had to go to the hospital to get stitches. These are two totally separate issues.

And one more thing JR....playing at an inappropriate time is wrong, and Im saying its wrong. I dont stand up for wrong....unlike you did when those hoodlums in the Jukebox that thought it was a good idea to attack the clarinet players in the opposing band. I dont stand up for wrong I dont give a damn who it is....but you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back