This time next week, Texas Southern will boast the SWAC's best recruiting class

• Thread starter The Panther Fan
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Panther Fan

Their coach was brought in to recruit the local area/Golden Triangle and he has done that. This class is making them look like a genius for hiring Coach Courtney.

I wish PV would have a coach before signing day. But our AD says this team we have coming back is good enough to not make recruiting an emphasis this season. :rolleyes:

Had to give up the ghost that early huh?

You should of have just let this upcoming season hit the SWAC like a Mack truck. We are about to overtake the SWAC like Hampton is doing the MEAC. It's downright against the law what we are about to do next basketball season. I wish Courtney knew football becuase Thomas could use some help with recruiting.

I think (matter of fact I know) Whitney will retire after next season. Poor dude.

With the JUCO talent coming in to help Ra Kim and Sneed out immediatley and the High School talent that will make an immediate contribution as well as take over the following year, we should schedule some Big XII teams and embarrass them.

Watch for Duke (Daniel Ewing) and University of Texas (T. J. Ford) on the schedule year after next.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Hold up before you make that best SWAC recruiting comment. We may actually have a good recruiting class for the first time in a while. We signed 2 all state players from Huntsville in the early signing period, just waiting to see what Pettaway added.

BTW when is the official signing day. Also do you think T.J Ford will go to the NBA this year. He was the most oustanding freshman I saw this year behind Djuan Wagner of Memphis.

T.J. isn't going anywhere. He's not looking for the instant cash just yet. He won't cry "my momma's broke so I gotta go now" crap just yet. He's a realist and he knows he's not ready for that heat day in and day out.

So overnight Pettaway can recruit after umteen years at A&M he couldn't? OK.

I never said anything about the JUCOs, that is new to me, I was just talking about the high school kids. The unofficial list is up to 3 as I type.

I want to see the JUCO's also now that your mentioning it.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
T.J. isn't going anywhere. He's not looking for the instant cash just yet. He won't cry "my momma's broke so I gotta go now" crap just yet. He's a realist and he knows he's not ready for that heat day in and day out.

So overnight Pettaway can recruit after umteen years at A&M he couldn't? OK.

Pettaway does little recruiting for AAMU(IMO). That is up to the assistant coaches. We FINALLY have an asssistant who is familiar with this area, we picked him up from Ga Southern, but he use to coach high school basketball in Huntsville years back. AAMU stole Davis from many larger PWCs. His dad is alumni and that is the reason I believe he signed with AAMU. Many "agents" and AAU coaches around Huntsville have been trying to get him to go to other colleges. He is one of the best point guards in the state. He averaged 24 points and 12 assist. You will enjoy watching him play. He reminds me of Des but with a better and more accurate jumpshot.

will he qualify? A lot of kids who slip down usually have to sit out in year one

Originally posted by The Panther Fan
will he qualify? A lot of kids who slip down usually have to sit out in year one

BF, I "figure" if he played basketball four years in Huntsville, that his grades are ok. Huntsville has one of the hardest "no pass, no play" rules around. If you make any Ds or F's you will not be allowed to play. That is how my high schools football team went from having 70 plus players on the team to now having about 30 on a good day.

I wouldnt say he "slipped down" He wasnt being recruited by the Alabama and Auburns because he didnt get to play but about 3 games last year (junior year). He was illegally recruited by the large 3000 student 98% white school in Huntsville. He played 3 or 4 games, then someone informed the school board about what had happenned. He had to transfer back to JOJ (the 98% black school) and he couldnt play the rest of the season and the white school was put on probation and barred from ANY TOURNAMENTS(including Thanksgiving, Xmas, State, etc) SO therefore before this year, not too many major college coaches knew about him. He wasnt playing AAU basketball. His dad is a preacher of one of the largest Black churches in Huntsville and is an AAMU alum. I believe that is one of the reasons he signed with AAMU in the early signing period.

Originally posted by DAHILL

Huntsville has one of the hardest "no pass, no play" rules around. If you make any Ds or F's you will not be allowed to play.

So what are you saying? Huntsville, Alabama has one of the hardest "no pass, no play" regulations in the nation or in the state? Look, that is all moot because that law has applied in Texas for just as long and is monitored just as hard as every other state within the union.

Anyway... how in the hell does Dahill and Alabama A&M always come into everybody's threads when it initially had nothing to do with Alabama A&M? If I read one more thread about "Huntsville" and "how talented it's AAU teams are" and how paleface is always stealing it's talent I'm going to vomit on my computer.

Anyway, like Panther Fan and I was ORIGINALLY saying, Courtney will have a recruiting class that could come close to the Texas Southern signings from the 70's and 80's before the floodgates of the PWCs grabbed all our (PVU and TSU) talent. With the possibility of Greg Wise getting the Prairie View job, this is a win / win situation for both Texas institutions. I wonder if Larry Evans will have second thoughts of Texas Southern now if his high school coach gets the Panthers job.

If you dont like what I post... simply dont read it shawty. Do you see me complaining about the "why we cant get nobody to come to our games" threads or the "high school football in Texas is King" threads. NO.... i simply dont read them.

I was told McClelland was on the radio today and would not tip the hat of the 8 candidates. I do not know why he is hiding them.

Leave Larry at TSU. We'll have the inside track at his 2 bigger guards next year, Smith and Umeh.

Let me stop talking because he might not even be a candidate

Panther Fan,

I heard Mc Cllendon on Ralph's show and he wouldn't say a word. Ralph did mention that he knows that Robert Reid applied for the position also.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
her she goes again cosign crab:smh:
now TPF I how they name someone that we beable to take the talent you all had this year a push them to that next level

Here we go with another one. :smh:

If it ain't the world famed "Hatin on my school" poster that can't stand to be left out too. :rolleyes:

It's amazing what we'll have clowning the SWAC next year. My only concern is exactly how long we can keep Courtney.

We should be able to keep him for aleast 4 more year with class he is sign I know he want to make a run at national championship and bring it home to Houston

Yeah, I figure that too.

Courtney told me once that his goal was to move and retire to Austin becuase he likes the atmosphere up there. I told him he'll get lonely up there if you know what I mean. Hell, he's already turned down an assistant position at UT. Courtney can never be an assistant anywhere. Thank God we have him.

Now if we can get him to coach football too.....

Here we go with another one. :smh:

If it ain't the world famed "Hatin on my school" poster that can't stand to be left out too. :rolleyes:

It's amazing what we'll have clowning the SWAC next year. My only concern is exactly how long we can keep Courtney.

U have a serious problem and what's really sad is that you don't realize it.

Originally posted by TRU3000
LMAO@DahiLL

Cleb you dont like us normalite folk do you??????:idea: :lmao:

He doesn't like anyone...he has a problem of some sort that he hadn't quite figured out yet. And he probably hadn't met any of you.

Pray for him.

:smh:

Yeah, I figure that too.

Courtney told me once that his goal was to move and retire to Austin becuase he likes the atmosphere up there. I told him he'll get lonely up there if you know what I mean. Hell, he's already turned down an assistant position at UT. Courtney can never be an assistant anywhere. Thank God we have him.

Now if we can get him to coach football too.....

Hmmm........

So if the level of success mirrors that of the golden days way back (with, say a couple more NCAA Tournament appearances), you think Courtney is out of the SWAC for good ? If not UT, anywhere else that comes calling ?

Thanks Phats for sticking with the thread's original basis. You know I've enjoyed kickin it with you and the rest of the Dawg Pound. Some people just need to stay out of men business and tend to their business.

The way the head coaching business is going nowadays Courtney could be stolen right from under our noses by a PWC in the near future from a mid major. Look at the trend that's going on now that was evident in the NCAA tourney with the Davids beating the Goliaths of the world.

Courtney would definitely leave the SWAC for he doesn't fit the mold of smalltime living in Jackson, Grambling, Baton Rouge or Itta Bena or Montgomery.

I don't know who made you think you were running something over here

Thanks Phats for sticking with the thread's original basis. You know I've enjoyed kickin it with you and the rest of the Dawg Pound. Some people just need to stay out of men business and tend to their business.

That's your problem, you think this board is just for guys. Like I said before, you have issues. I post whereever I want and like Dahill stated earlier, if you don't like it, don't read it.....busta.

LOL @ SOS folks. :lol:

What does Jags and men's basketball have in common with this thread? Nothing, because their both losers.

Anyway, I wonder if he is in for the long haul, a winning season, a talented recruiting class and a serious NCAA Tournament run he will be plucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back