The Wire - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now after seeing the Mayor get his head blown, did we really need to see Omar. :scared:

SMH

Looks like Rawls finally gonna get the Major Crimes Unit like he wanted to a few seasons ago.

Did you see how that girl just cut that other girl....ruthless these kids are today.

You can watch the first 3 episodes back to back to back on friday night.

Fiyah said:
Did you see how that girl just cut that other girl....ruthless these kids are today.
^^^^^reminded me of a couple incidents when I was in middle school and high school....the same classic case of a sister bullying and intimidating someone so bad that the other person sliced them up and blood going everywhere........:smh:

Michael....so now we see why he is the way he is, he is only trying to survive/take care of his brother so he will do what he got to do

Namond...I think Namond is smart, Sure he doesn't have enough heart for the drug game but he is smart enough to do other things, I just got a feeling he won't be wearing throwback jerseys for too long

Dukie...did you see him cool ole girl off with the fan? or when he picked up that object off the ground?....at first his future looked messed up to me, I was ready to write him off as another Bubbles but I don't know....It seems as if he doesn't let the teasing faze him, I think his gonna make it somehow....

Randy...very slick but I noticed how whenever he gets in a tight situation he sorta breaks down

Bodie...I really see what the writers are doing with his story and how it relates to the chess scene back in season 1

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Marlo is harder than Avon could have ever dreamed to have been. He's just ruthless. He's staight up gangsta!!! But, as much as I hate Omar, that cocksucker has balls!!! He's even more OG than Marlo. I respect his gangsta!!!

That one kid must have been touched. He doesn't like to be touched or left alone with adults I'm noticing.

NASTYNUPE said:
That one kid must have been touched. He doesn't like to be touched or left alone with adults I'm noticing.
Which one, Michael??? My bad, I forgot that some of you all got On Demand and have probably seen the Episode one week ahead...........,

I don't know the kid's name. He's the one that's always in the gym boxing.

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Which one, Michael??? My bad, I forgot that some of you all got On Demand and have probably seen the Episode one week ahead...........,

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Dukie...did you see him cool ole girl off with the fan? or when he picked up that object off the ground?....at first his future looked messed up to me, I was ready to write him off as another Bubbles but I don't know....It seems as if he doesn't let the teasing faze him, I think his gonna make it somehow....

I am probably reading more into it than I should, but when Dukie took that fan and cooled ole girl with it...I took that as if he knew what she must have been going through when she did that. He is always beeing teased, and I would not be surprised at all if he ends up going off one on of those kids in a later episode.

I will go on record to say that "The Wire" is the isht! To me it is THE BEST of the HBO shows...even The Sopranos.

SAME OLD G said:
I am probably reading more into it than I should, but when Dukie took that fan and cooled ole girl with it...I took that as if he knew what she must have been going through when she did that. He is always beeing teased, and I would not be surprised at all if he ends up going off one on of those kids in a later episode.

I will go on record to say that "The Wire" is the isht! To me it is THE BEST of the HBO shows...even The Sopranos.

That's what I got from it too.

DId you notice that the co-op is still together and they know Marlo is burying bodies in those empty houses.

Do you think they will turn on him and turn him in if he don't join their group?

They have the better package but don't have the corners like they use to and are getting squeezed out too.

NASTYNUPE said:
Marlo is harder than Avon could have ever dreamed to have been. He's just ruthless. He's staight up gangsta!!! But, as much as I hate Omar, that cocksucker has balls!!! He's even more OG than Marlo. I respect his gangsta!!!

Don't give shorty so many props so soon. We never saw Avon at Marlo's age. They didn't build that empire based on being nice guys. At this current time, there's no competition.

NASTYNUPE said:

nt is right. Marlo is gangsta, but I don't know if he's harder than Avon, they were just at 2 different points of the game. Marlo is hungry, and climbing the ladder, and on his way up he has to take some bodies with him, and after being in the game for a minute, he'll get to that point where Avon was, when you just have to mention his name, and people get scared. At some point all kingpins start out like Marlo, and if he stays gangsta he'll end up like Avon, on the run from the cops, and in jail. If he chills, and just sits back on his rep, and out of the way, he'll be like Prophet Joe, that kingpin, that never goes to jail, but everybody knows him, respects him, and more importantly, doesn't attract attention to himself.

Marlo is fire though, but he just met his match with Omar...ooops.....my bad.

For all of you who have On Demand, you can see this week's episode now. I looked at it last night, and it's another great episode, and I'll leave my only spoiler to Omar & Marlo meeting.

This season just keeps getting better.

NICE

northern tiger said:
Don't give shorty so many props so soon. We never saw Avon at Marlo's age. They didn't build that empire based on being nice guys. At this current time, there's no competition.

I'll probably go and watch the latest episode on Demand tonight. :nod:

I don't know if any of you picked up on this. :uhoh:

Even though Marlo is the Man...

his Lieutenant, CHRIS seems to be not only muscle, but the brains as well behind a lot of Marlo's final decisions. :smash:

chrispartlow.jpg

I'm not gonna speculate or anything, but it would be a hellified twist if Chris bucked on Marlo later in the season....or if Marlo was actually the front for Chris' operation. :swink:

Marlo is greedy, and does not see the bigger picture. The NYC cats have flucked up the east side and it is only a matter of time before the limited real estate becomes an issue. Marlo has serious muscle and that is the only thing that is holding his house of cards up.

I don't know why NOONE sees that Prospect Joe is the devil. He is behind every bit of backstabbing which occurs on the drug side of the show. He set up Avon, He set up, Stringer, He Set up Marlo, and made an unholy alliance with Omar (in an effort to off him also).

I see Michael being lured in the game. I see Dukey doing Namond or one of the other hard heads in. He has been the whipping boy in the crew for too long. I also think Randy is going to get offed for snitching. The boy who hangs with Bubbz is gonna get killed most likely. He doesn't have the skills to be a Slinger or Hop Boy.

Back to the co-op. Slim Charles is shaping up to being a multi-dimensional character. I used to think he was just a flunky, until he popped that boy that Cutty froze on. Slim didn't snitch, and he kept it moving. I see Slim teaming with Body to put a bite on Marlo, if he doesn't come in line.

I see Cutty (Dennis) busting a cap in Marlo for putting his boxing boys on the street.

ABE said:
Marlo is greedy, and does not see the bigger picture. The NYC cats have flucked up the east side and it is only a matter of time before the limited real estate becomes an issue. Marlo has serious muscle and that is the only thing that is holding his house of cards up.

I don't know why NOONE sees that Prospect Joe is the devil. He is behind every bit of backstabbing which occurs on the drug side of the show. He set up Avon, He set up, Stringer, He Set up Marlo, and made an unholy alliance with Omar (in an effort to off him also).

I see Michael being lured in the game. I see Dukey doing Namond or one of the other hard heads in. He has been the whipping boy in the crew for too long. I also think Randy is going to get offed for snitching. The boy who hangs with Bubbz is gonna get killed most likely. He doesn't have the skills to be a Slinger or Hop Boy.

Back to the co-op. Slim Charles is shaping up to being a multi-dimensional character. I used to think he was just a flunky, until he popped that boy that Cutty froze on. Slim didn't snitch, and he kept it moving. I see Slim teaming with Body to put a bite on Marlo, if he doesn't come in line.

I see Cutty (Dennis) busting a cap in Marlo for putting his boxing boys on the street.

I agree Abe, Slim is smooth as heyell, and he's just waiting in the cut for his chance to make his move. Body, is the man in the making, and I wouldn't be surprised if him, and Slim don't hook up to take on Marlo.

Right now Marlo is making too many enemies, and even though he has Chris, and Snoop (the weak link), he doesn't have enough muscle to take on the NYC Crew, when they start moving in, or Prospect Joe, and the rest of the B'More crews. Not to mention Omar is too hard to find, and too sneaky to keep tabs on. He drove Avon crazy, and he had nothing but resources, and right now Marlo doesn't have half the power, or resources that Avon had.

Like most young hustlers, he doesn't see the big picture at all, and it's just a matter time before it all catches up to him. He's gonna to take some heads with him, but going at it alone is not the smartest of moves, especially when he's dishing out weak schit. The crackheads won't even look out for him.

NICE

Slim Charles is shaping up to be one of the better characters. I like him. I can never understand what the hell Snoop is saying. I'll be glad when he/she/it gets knocked off.

You're right about Chris. He's sort of like the Stringer Bell to Avon. I see they brought Wee-Bey back this season. I wish he was back out on the street.

NASTYNUPE said:
Slim Charles is shaping up to be one of the better characters. I like him. I can never understand what the hell Snoop is saying. I'll be glad when he/she/it gets knocked off.

You're right about Chris. He's sort of like the Stringer Bell to Avon. I see they brought Wee-Bey back this season. I wish he was back out on the street.

Man, you ain't neva lied. Snoop tries to be a little too hard, and I wouldn't be surprised if Body doesn't take her out.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Theres a dude on a messageboard that got his hands on the whole season 4 DVD bootleg from somewhere...but its DVD quality. I'm watching episode 5 as we speak.:shh:

Lester will get a hand on those bodies sooner or later. That is when the walls will cave in on Marlo.

Marlo seems to be the dumbest character ever on THE WIRE.

It is sad that those kids KNOW that they need to go to school only one day per month.

Da_Sperm said:
Lester will get a hand on those bodies sooner or later. That is when the walls will cave in on Marlo.

Marlo seems to be the dumbest character ever on THE WIRE.

It is sad that those kids KNOW that they need to go to school only one day per month.

Now that Griggs has moved over to homicide (a rookie)...the higher ups seem to think that by giving her a primary assignment that it will delay the process of finding out whats going on until after the election. I bet anything she will be the one who moves it faster than anyone and eventually link it back to Marlo.

You know what's gonna bring Chris and Snoop down...when they killed that security guard and boarded his body up in those projects, they threw his badge on the ground. You know they're gonna pick up Chris's prints once that smell attracts the cops.

Slim Charles is a go go singer with Backyard Band in real life.

NASTYNUPE said:
Episode 42 is on On Demand now.

NASTYNUPE said:
Marlo is getting arrested. Omar is getting arrested. The two of them may end up locked up together. I predict only one is gonna get out. Man, The Wire is getting better and better each episode!!!

Don't be talking about episodes from OD if it hasn't came on the regular week....thank you...

What's up with Cuddy? Does he have a thing for lil boys, in particular Micheal? When he said he had tickets, he told the boys, but he tried to eliminate two of the three, leaving Micheal (hint #1). When he took them home from the fight, he told the other boy to get in the back, so that Micheal could ride up front and then he dropped off the other boy first. Micheal got his arse out the car. I also noticed that at the gym, Cuddy walked up to the ring and sort of leaned on Micheal, but Micheal immediately got away from him.

What's up with Cuddy? Does he have a thing for lil boys, in particular Micheal? When he said he had tickets, he told the boys, but he tried to eliminate two of the three, leaving Micheal (hint #1). When he took them home from the fight, he told the other boy to get in the back, so that Micheal could ride up front and then he dropped off the other boy first. Micheal got his arse out the car. I also noticed that at the gym, Cuddy walked up to the ring and sort of leaned on Micheal, but Micheal immediately got away from him.
I felt they were trying to give a hint to the viewer that Michael may have been abused or show how he is uncomfortable in being in situations where he is alone with an adult. If you noticed in a prior episode Cutty was in bed with one of those honeys that was diggin on him. Also remember in season 3, Bodie and Slim Charles set out some women for him. Later he was also trying to get back with his old flame..........As for Michael its just a matter of time before its revealed why he is leary of older people.

I thought Cuddy just saw hella boxing potential in Micheal and he's leaning hard on him to keep him from going down the wrong path. Chris and Snoop already trying to recruit him.

Marlo is stupid as hell and he is full of himself. Chris is the real brains and we are starting to see this is come out more and more.....
Without Chris, Marlo can't even wipe his azz right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back