The Wire - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Finally it'll be back on.....

posterart_s4_bottom.jpg

Season 3 was the 1st time I got to watch it all the way through from one episode to the next. I've been keeping up with what's going to happen in Season 4 on www.hbo.com/thewire and www.imdb.com. (<----mild spoilers on those forums about the Wire.) Season 4 will focus a lot on Education. It is really going to hit home for me being an educator with students directly affected by the drug game. Can't wait to see how Marlo is going to hold it down now that he is wearing the crown and what Bodie is going to do now that he is independent.

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Anybody catch the first episonde on HBO Demand last night?

I wanteed to but had to go to work and we don't have ON Demand there. I'll have to wait till next sunday to catch it. I did watch the 2 - 30 minute specials about the show.

I caught it on On Demand. The show had a lot of subplots. I enjoyed it. I have something to look forward to on Sunday nights again

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Anybody catch the first episonde on HBO Demand last night?

I am gonna have to check out that on demand. They usually don't put the shows up until the next day.. But you never know...

ABE said:
I am gonna have to check out that on demand. They usually don't put the shows up until the next day.. But you never know...

For whatever reason, Episode 1 has been available since last week.

I finally watched it last night...
Its gonna be a great season! :D:tup:

Ntelekt said:
For whatever reason, Episode 1 has been available since last week.

I finally watched it last night...
Its gonna be a great season! :D:tup:

Just saw it, I agree...still powerful writing/storylines.........

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
Just saw it, I agree...still powerful writing/storylines.........

They set up all the story lines in this first episode, now we just have to follow it and match them all together.

Wow what an episode! I wasn't expecting much from the 1st episode as it usually takes time to build up. But they got to the point right away.

The dirty kid has drug kingpin written all over him. I don't know how many times I've seen it, but I've seen that kid ever since I was one. The dirty child that didn't have any money, and everybody picked on him as a shorty, pulls the trigger on somebody, starts selling drugs, and then becomes the man.

The show was great, and it seems as this is going to be a great season, probably as good as, if not better than season 1, but the show won't be nothing unless they bring back that ruthless fag Omar.

Omar is to "The Wire" as Redbone is to "It's Your World" on Tom Joyner's Morning Show, for those who follow IYW.

NICE

Omar gonna be back, he's not going anywhere. I wonder how Prop Joe and Marlo are getting along with Barksdale corners...

Dukie is the kid you're talking about,

claydavis.jpg

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Michael is an Avon or Marlo in the making........

Namond definetly aint his old man (Wee-Bay) I think he will find a life outside of the drug game eventually.....

I haven't figured out Randy and Dukie yet...........

LOL at the opening scene when Mayor Royce got caught with his pants down.........more so at Herc's reaction..........

Everytime I think about Bodie, I think about season 1 and the scene where he was learning the game of chess. After seeing the previews for next week it looks like he's slowly moving across the board (he's gonna have to if he wants to survive).........

claydavis.jpg

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emlaugh:

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
claydavis.jpg

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Michael is an Avon or Marlo in the making........

Namond definetly aint his old man (Wee-Bay) I think he will find a life outside of the drug game eventually.....

I haven't figured out Randy and Dukie yet...........

LOL at the opening scene when Mayor Royce got caught with his pants down.........more so at Herc's reaction..........

Everytime I think about Bodie, I think about season 1 and the scene where he was learning the game of chess. After seeing the previews for next week it looks like he's slowly moving across the board (he's gonna have to if he wants to survive).........

claydavis.jpg

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emlaugh:

They are a week ahead on "OnDemand". I don't see Namond making it through the season. Michael is sure setting up to be a young Barksdale. Has leader written all over him and doesn't take **** but cares about about his people. I like Bodie's character but he's gonna wind up with one in the head wanting to war with Marlo. And Omar is back...and come next week (episode 41) in a VERY big way.

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:

LOL at the opening scene when Mayor Royce got caught with his pants down.........:emlaugh:[/QUOTE]

That was CLASSIC.......

I thought he was going to overhear something important about the mayors race, but when he knocked on that door and opened it.......

:what: :what: :what:

Fiyah said:
That was CLASSIC.......

I thought he was going to overhear something important about the mayors race, but when he knocked on that door and opened it.......

I knew Mayor Ross was doing somethin but, I didn't expect that. I thought he was smoking crack or something to that nature......

Micheal is the hardest and smartest out of all of them. He probably will be the MUSCLE once he gets older, but he ain't cut out the run nothing.

Namond will be in the game and do fine because he likes the LIME LIGHT. He will be a perfect leader because he name will be caught up in everything, but he ain't gone get his hands dirty. Remember, he was the only one that didn't take a beatdown.

Randy will be more like Bodie. He'll be in the game, but only as a mid-level player. Nothing too small, nothing too big.

Dukie, he's going to college one way or the other. He won't get caught up in the drug game.

SNOOP is the character that trips me out so far this season.
snoop.jpg

sigma4life said:
I knew Mayor Ross was doing somethin but, I didn't expect that. I thought he was smoking crack or something to that nature......

To be honest, I knew it was gonna be something with that secretary! :nod:

Think about it...

When Herc first got put in that detail and he and the brotha went up to the Mayor's office to pick him up.
Right when they were about to leave, the secretary walked up and said something about an appointment or something and they exchanged this look and I was like "yeah...the Mayor is doing his secretary!!!" :D

This season is off the chain!

Michael, Namond, Dukie, and Randy are a good addition for the show! :nod2:

Snoop and Marlo are two of my favorite characters this time around..

Da_Sperm said:
Namond will be in the game and do fine because he likes the LIME LIGHT. He will be a perfect leader because he name will be caught up in everything, but he ain't gone get his hands dirty. Remember, he was the only one that didn't take a beatdown.

Sperm,

You might be right, but I'm not so sure yet.
This can also be looked upon as him leaving his good friend out there to take an azz whoopin. :uhoh:
Yeah, they were outnumbered when the terrace boys came around that corner, but him and Michael could've taken on 3-4 of 'em...:D

I'm loving this season, with one excedption. Everyone knows my all time favorite character on the wire is Wee-Bay. That fool was the best enforcer Avon ever had. Way tighter than slim...but his son is a punk. Spoiled lil hood rich boy. He is only making it on his fathers hustle.

Wee-Bay's baby momma is a beast though! She had me rolling when they were talking at the jail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back