The Wire- Season 3 (September 19th)

JSU/99 said:
Wallace was a mere boy. How did you expect him to go out? Stringer needed to be lit up. That's what happens when you think you're smarter than everyone else.

Not according to WAllace himself. I remember in a seen that I believe was earlier in the same show where Wallace was acting bad telling Bodie and Poot that he was a man and not a boy, but that was before they pulled the steel on him. Then he started crying, whining, and pissing on himself. :lol:
That iron will make Schwarzenegger act like Rupaul. :uzi:

I'm not disputing whether or not Stringer deserved to be to shot. I'm just pointing out he didn't exactly go out weak.

Fiyah said:
That's her girlfriend, remember she did go back home a few episodes ago.

I guess I was wrong on that one.......she got her something new on the side

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
<---wondering will there be a 4rth season after watching tonights episode...,

It looks like they have wrapped up that series. Who was that dead white guy the police sneaked out the Hamsterdam?

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
<---wondering will there be a 4rth season after watching tonights episode...,

Nope

Jam Piper Jam said:
It looks like they have wrapped up that series. Who was that dead white guy the police sneaked out the Hamsterdam?

They will continue it, thats the same way they finished last season with them packing up the case into boxes.

That was Bubs boy who was found dead, it finally caught up to him.

My husband seems to think that Marlo came to court to see who all would be locked up and to scope out what would be left of the competition.

Also, Brianna seems to have left Avon hanging. She refused to look at him and then she dipped.

'Wire,' city hold breath
HBO yet to decide on series' renewal
By David Zurawik
Sun Television Critic
Originally published December 15, 2004

Unlike the past two seasons, when HBO announced renewal of The Wire before the critically acclaimed, Baltimore-based drama even finished filming, this year's lackluster ratings mean a decision will go right down to, well, the wire in coming weeks.

David Simon's Peabody Award-winning drama will conclude its third season Sunday night on the premium cable channel, and he acknowledged that it could be the end of the series - a development that would mean $17.5 million less for the Baltimore economy in 2005, by the most conservative estimates.

"Nobody's guaranteed anything in this business," Simon said in an interview this week. "My sense is that there won't be a decision by HBO until mid-January. They have reasons that they might not go forward, and reasons that they might. If I had to put a percentage on it right now, I'd say it's 50-50."

Simon will meet with HBO brass during the second week of January to discuss the future of the series. He said he has been told that rather than trying to explain the low ratings, he should go prepared to map out "where the show would go creatively" if there is a fourth season. In other words, he needs to give HBO a reason to believe in the dramatic future of the series before the cable channel will ante up $35 million for another season of 12 episodes.

"Either they're going to be comfortable with where the show is going, or they won't," the former Sun police reporter said. "The bottom line is that they gave us complete creative control to tell the story exactly as we wanted to tell it. If this is the end, we did 37 strong epsiodes, and I could not be more proud of what we did. I wouldn't change a word."

Diego Aldana, a spokesman for HBO, confirmed the January meeting, saying, "There is not going to be a decision on the show until sometime in January." Simon and Aldana also confirmed that the audience this season for The Wire fell off by almost 50 percent from last year - from about 3 million viewers to about 1.6 million viewers a week.

But there are reasons for the loss of audience that are beyond the control of any executive producer - particularly in scheduling. After airing during the summer its first two seasons, The Wire this year was placed in head-to-head competition with new fall series on the major networks. Furthermore, it ran in what has become one of the most competitive time periods in television, Sunday nights at 9 - opposite Desperate Housewives, the hit ABC drama about the private lives of four suburban women, and National Football League games on cable channel ESPN.

"We became a fall show, and we didn't hold our own," Simon acknowledged. "But, ultimately, the question they [HBO officials] have to ask themselves - and I'm sure they are - is whether anything on HBO outside of The Sopranos could have held its own against that tandem of Desperate Housewives and football. Desperate Housewives just caught something in the zeitgeist."

Even though Housewives attracts an audience of more than 20 million viewers a week and is the most talked about new show of the year, it is football that probably hurt The Wire more, since both appeal to the same male viewers.

The Nielsen news got a little better this week with 2 million viewers tuning in for Sunday's episode that included the dramatic shooting of drug dealer Stringer Bell (Idris Elba), one of the series' leading characters. Bell was gunned down in an ambush Sunday night, and HBO's Web site has been hopping with reaction from shocked viewers ever since.

There are more surpises in store for Sunday's finale. If it is the end, no one will say The Wire went gently into cancellation. Its place in television history is already assured based on its depiction of life in urban America.

"The main character in The Wire is Baltimore," Simon said. "And I believe The Wire is the most elaborate depiction of a city ever done in American television."

But that's cold comfort for a local economy that could be $17.5 million poorer next year if the series is canceled. Jack Gerbes, director of the Maryland Film Office, confirmed that the series spends at least half its $35 million budget locally.

"So, first and foremost, yes, there would be a huge economic impact if it were not renewed," Gerbes said yesterday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/bal-to.wire15dec15,1,4481963.story?coll=bal-artslife-tv

kellis said:
My husband seems to think that Marlo came to court to see who all would be locked up and to scope out what would be left of the competition.

Marlo came to court to let Avon know he's the man now. :)

I hope it's a 4th season. If so, Marlow will be the focus. Now we know who Kema was kissing on. Dayum! :licky:

Oh yeah, was I the only one who saw Stringer breathing? Also, HBO was really graphic with the sex scenes.

kellis said:
Oh yeah, was I the only one who saw Stringer breathing? Also, HBO was really graphic with the sex scenes.

If you notice when he got shot how he had 1 leg bent up but when they showed Omar standing over him is was lying flat on his back with both leg down. They always showed the sex scenes with freedom going back to the 1st season. It is on cable....... :ebrow:

kellis said:
Slim Charles is still free.

So is Broedus.....

Kema sho can pick em' :uhoh:

I know she was just acting, but she sho did play the scene well. :eek:

SAME OLD G said:
I know she was just acting, but she sho did play the scene well. :eek:

I would've been well in that scene too,if I was with that woman she was with.

Did you see that hourglASS figure? :ebrow:

Fiyah said:
I would've been well in that scene too,if I was with that woman she was with.

Did you see that hourglASS figure? :ebrow:
I sho did Fiyah!

I was like dayum Kema, if you can suck a set of breasts like that I can only imagine what you can do with....but oh let me stop! :read:

^^^^Dangggggg, is that SOG up there? I was beginning to wornder if ol' Kema was "acting" myself. She looked like she was really enjoying her hour glASS. I couldn't help but wonder if she had a strap on.....on.

Last night's episode was rather disappointing. I wonder what they're gonna do for next season.

The only reason I have HBO is because of "The Wire". Looks like I will be cancelling HBO until something good comes on.

I wasn't pleased with last nights episode. The mayor got punked. The council man got punked. The major got punked. Avon went out like a punk. What in the "L" was Bro. Muzone during with ole boy's boyfriend? McNulty looks stupid in a police uniform.

This show has come to an end. It was good while it lasted, but I think the "WIRE" has played out. Not unless they can do what "Boston Legal" was able to do and find a way to rejuvinate the series, then it should not be a 4th season.

Is there anything else on HBO worth paying for, if not, its getting cancelled for 2005.

SAME OLD G said:
I sho did Fiyah!

I was like dayum Kema, if you can suck a set of breasts like that I can only imagine what you can do with....but oh let me stop! :read:

:lmao: @ SAME OLD G

If you like boxing, then I'd suggest keeping it for a minute. They have some good fights coming up...especially your boy who fights out of Little Rock. I forgot his name. But he's good. His wife plays ball for La Tech.

Well...the Sopranos are coming back if you like them.

Avon did disappoint me. I guess after having Stringer killed, his heart was no longer in the game. And his sister played him to the left also.

Da_Sperm said:
Is there anything else on HBO worth paying for, if not, its getting cancelled for 2005.

Back