The truth about easter

The intelligent bible student should note that Genesis was written in "CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER."
When did God create all races?

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

God set out to make man exactly the way he is. Man was then created to look like the exact image of God, and his sons; the angels. If you ever wondered what an angel form looks like? Then look into a mirror, for we are created in their image. http://www.theseason.org/genesis/genesis1.htm

Why is it so hard for people to understand that God created all the races on the sixth day?

The reason being is because of what they've been taught as a child. Most of us were taught that we all came from Adam and Eve and that's a lie. I've spoken to many scientist and even they agreed that all races did not come from one race........genetically impossible.

Why can't people just read the word of God and allow God to tell His own story?

Some people just enjoy staying ignorant, however they'll regret it in the end. The verses below clearly show how ignorant and blind people can be towards God's word. The intelligent bible student can understand the true teachings of Christ, however the fool will remain the same.......a fool.

Hsa 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Hsa 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: [therefore] will I change their glory into shame.

jag

Some of Murray's background is posted on the Internet, just type in his name or the Shepards Chapel. Plus, I have I have listened to many of his teachings on TV and by Internet.

Consider some of Murray’s teachings and R B beliefs.

According to Murray suggest the relationship between Eve and Lucifer / Satan was the "Original Sin and the Forbidden Fruit, was Satan’s sperm". If Satan's sperm is the "forbidden fruit" and if Eve shared the "forbidden fruit" with Adam, and Adam did eat (partake), then Adam was the first homosexual.

Dr H..

I finally read up on this Guy. I am more convinced that nothing can be said to Him or His entrenched followers to change their minds. A ministry like Mr. Murray is self destructive and will have NO power, other than to draw those who have been forsaken. This serves it purpose because Murray's message and the message of His Followers will never gain traction. They love to speak to fables, eschatology and strange Biblical interpretation (1 Timothy 1:4-7), spending little (if any) time talking about the gift of salvation/blood of Christ.

The beauty of their false doctrine is that when you see a glimmer of hope in them, God will allow them to revert back to their false doctrine, thus pushing you away and protecting his true followers. It is as if God has allowed them to build there own cage, a forum for their false doctrine, and just keep them there (alone). Another component of their false doctrine is that, it is not only in error, but they think the rest of us are dumb and should be talked down to. Therefore, even if you try to entertain or like them, their "you dumb, I know it all attitude" will again leave them all alone. This lets me know that God got everything under control and is just working all for Good (Romans 8:28). With that in mind, we should let the likes of Arnold Murray and His Followers sing loud from the roof tops and just subject all they say to Scripture....in the end, their words are their own demise.

We must not fear the likes of Arnold Murray and His Followers. God said heresy is sometimes needed to purify his people.

1 Corinthians 11:19. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Heretics can not fellowship with true followers of God:

Proverbs 29:27. An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.

Good Day and God Bless

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The intelligent bible student should also note that when God created, He didn't give a specific name as to what He created, however He did tell us He created everything after its own kind. He also gave you a specific day in which he created the grass, herbs, and trees. Again, He didn't give any names, but He made sure we know everything was created after its kind and the specific day He created them. For example,........

Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, [and] the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed [is] in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me the type of grass God created in these verses? Where in this scripture does it say God grew bermuda, buffalo, Bahia and etc? Does it give the names of the type of grass God grew? The answer is no, however scripture does state that He grew the grass after its kind. By using common sense the intelligent bible student should note that God created all grass after its kind, and not all types of grass came from one type. In other words, you can't get bermuda from bahia and vice versa. http://www.american-lawns.com/grasses/grasses.html

Apply this same example to the fruit trees God created in this verse. Can you get a peach from an apple tree? Can you get an apple from a peach tree? Common sense will tell you it's impossible because an apple tree will only produce an apple and a peach tree will only produce a peach.......kind after kind.

Last edited:
By using the previous example I gave, apply that example to the remaining creation and you'll see that God created everything "after its own kind", therefore it's crazy to say He didn't when scripture clearly state He did. Who are you going to believe? Will you believe men who say everyone came from Adam and Eve, or are you going to believe God who said He created "EVERYTHING" after its own kind? An intelligent person would choose the latter.

As you can see, it doesn't hurt to utilize a little common sense when studying God's word. Don't allow men to rob you of a truth that most don't know. Stand firm and hold your ground. For it is better to be prepared, then to not be prepared at all. You only have to answer to the living God, therefore who is man that you should answer.

I leave you with reality.......

Psa 78:31 The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen [men] of Israel.

Psa 78:32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.

Psa 78:33 Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble.

Psa 78:34 When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.

Psa 78:35 And they remembered that God [was] their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Psa 78:36 Nevertheless they did flatter him(GOD) with their mouth, and they lied unto him(GOD) with their tongues.

Psa 78:37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

Psa 78:38 But he(GOD), [being] full of compassion, forgave [their] iniquity, and destroyed [them] not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.

Psa 78:39 For he(GOD) remembered that they [were but] flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

As you can see, God wanted to destroy His chosen people many times, however He decided not to pour His wrath on them. Why? They're a wind that passeth away and cometh not again. What's my point? Don't listen to foolish men that passeth away and cometh not again. Listen to God's word, and say "the heck with" man and his garbage philosophical opinion.......that simple. Paul ticked a lot of people off in the church because he meant business, and so should you.

Last edited:
R B

God set out to make man exactly the way he is. Man was then created to look like the exact image of God, and his sons; the angels. If you ever wondered what an angel form looks like? Then look into a mirror, for we are created in their image.

The proper exegesis of this “statement†is, first God is a spirit as well as the angles, so to say the man look exactly like God is a false understanding and interpretation of the scriptures. Based on what you are saying is that God, has arms, legs, eyes, ears, lungs, nose and all the characteristics of man.

This scripture mean that God and man share a likeness that is not shared by other creatures or parts of His creation. It means there is a relationship of close companionship can exist between God and man that is unlike the relationship of God with the rest of His creation. A relationship between God and man would be necessary if the covenant at Sinai were, to be a real relationship? However, the initial “relationship†was broken when Adam and Eve sinned. But, with the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, that brought us back to this relationship with God. Also “Genesis 1, man, the image bearer, is the object of God's blessing. According to the account of creation in Gen 1, the chief purpose of God in creating man is to bless him. Least I forget in the image also tells us that mankind has the capacity to “think†and make decisions. Unlike the animal kingdom which operates off of instinct, that’s what separate us from the other parts of God’s creation.

God created us for Himself; for His pleasure and glory, Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

The reason being is because of what they've been taught as a child. Most of us were taught that we all came from Adam and Eve and that's a lie. I've spoken to many scientist and even they agreed that all races did not come from one race........genetically impossible.

Who did you speak with; don’t be a coward cites your source. Why is it genetically impossible?. The historian Herodotus Thucydides said as he traveled to the south, people had dark skin and as he traveled north they had light skin.

Personally, I believe you are telling a lie about speaking to scientist about the development of races.

Question: Do you believe that we all are the off springs of Adam and Eve? Are you calling God a lie.

Some people just enjoy staying ignorant, however they'll regret it in the end......however the fool will remain the same.......a fool.

And David said (1 Samuel 1 -5 “And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, [As] the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this [thing] shall surely die:â€

In other words David sentenced himself to die.

The intelligent bible student should also note that when God created, He didn't give a specific name as to what He created,……

By using the previous example I gave, apply that example to the remaining creation and you'll see that God created everything "after its own kind"…….

As you can see, it doesn't hurt to utilize a little common sense when studying God's word…..

God, did not break down everything into it's sub-species, but He did by major category "Plants, Beast of the fields, Fliers or the air (birds) and such like. He deligated that task to Adam.

Then God brought them to Adam to see what he (Adam) would call them and Adam gave them names. How did he do this, by the intellengence God gave him. Adam called "cattle" today, the scienetific term is "Bovine" which woul include Buffalos, Oxes and such like. They are ll part of the "Cattle" family.

Adam called a dog a dog or canine, (wolves, foxes, jackles, etc), he called plants, (trees, herbs, ferns, grasses, moss and such like). However, all of these can be further broken down. An Angus Cow, is still a cow, a German Shepherd is still a dog, a Red Fox is stll a canine.

If you believe this, then why are you contradicting the bible teaching about Cain being the son of Adam and Eve? Yet you want to say that Cain is the off spring of Satan and Eve.

Here again you have only proven you lack of knowledge.

Question: Why are you contradicting yourself and who do you believe God or Murray?

Again, listen to God's word and use common sense. It is what it is. They asked Christ what did God look like, and He told them that if you've seen the Son then you've seen the Father. Christ is an exact copy of what God looks like. This is why God called Christ Emmanuel meaning "God with us." It's a shame people think God is some force out in space instead of thinking that He created us in the image of men with a body like He and the angels. How uninformed can one be?

Personally, I believe you are telling a lie about speaking to scientist about the development of races.

I'm going to prove to everyone why it's important to not listen to man and how misleading they could be to others. I was not going to comment on this, but I felt lead by the spirit to do so.

My wife is a scientist at Vanderbilt University and she's taken several courses in Genetics. I've spoken to Chinese, German, Black, and White scientist at Vanderbilt who also agree, that All races did not come from one race. Why? Their answer is always it's not genetically possible. This validates that God created every race on the sixth day and looked and it was good.

I'm going to prove to everyone why it's important to not listen to man and how misleading they could be to others…..

Oh really, why aren’t you listening to God. Now that you have made that statement you need to explain why you are following the teachings of Murray rather than God.

I ask the same question again, are you calling God a lie?

What are you trying to prove?

My wife is a scientist at Vanderbilt University and she's taken several courses in Genetics…..

Good, your wife, are we suppose to be impressed. What area of science is she involved in? I am guessing she is an expert in genetics? I will challenge her to prove that “mankind†did not evolve from Adam and Eve.

Dude, this is a non-issue, because it has been proved over and over again by some of the world leading scientist of various academic fields.

True, God created every race on the six day via Adam and Eve. Or are you say ing that God individually created each race seperately on the six day, well that’s true in the sens that the genetic code “DNA†was contained within the sperm of Adam and the seed of Eve.

By the way what race are you talking about? There is only one race and that is the Human Race. If there is another, please let us know. This “race†issue is not of God but of man. No where in the Bible does it talk about “ race as we define it†the bible is consesent in discussing moral issues, regardless of the skin complexion of the individuals.

Actually, this is not about Vandy – I recently read that Murray has preached on the creation of different races.

In all honesty, it's not for believers to prove that Satan and Eve did not produce Caon or we are not all from Adam and Eve. The burden of proof is on you, Murray and the three or four others that follow his techings.

They asked Christ what did God look like, and He told them that if you've seen the Son then you've seen the Father. Christ is an exact copy of what God looks like.

I am guessing that you are quoting from John 14:9 or a cross reference verse

Please explain John 1:18; 5:37; 6:46 and Exodus 33:20

Laymen terms

What Jesus is saying is that I am a representative of God. Just as when the Secretary of State is speaking at the United Nations, Bush is not physically there, but Rice is speaking on his behalf, so he is there in another form.

Yes, the apostles and other saw God (Jesus is God) but they have not seen God the Father or Jesus in his true holiness.

Bible

Philip and the other disciples had not yet completely realized who Jesus was. They did not understand what John had revealed, in the gospel, namely, that the Son is the exact representation of the Father (read 1:18) as his mouth piece.

John is saying, that the long exposure (3 years) to Jesus should have produced greater insight in these disciples.

"No material image or likeness can adequately depict God. Only a person can give knowledge of him since personality cannot be represented by an impersonal object."

My wife is a scientist at Vanderbilt University and she's taken several courses in Genetics. I've spoken to Chinese, German, Black, and White scientist at Vanderbilt who also agree, that All races did not come from one race. Why? Their answer is always it's not genetically possible. This validates that God created every race on the sixth day and looked and it was good.

This suggests that God's power and authority is limited to the approval and/or verification of man (scientist). To place faith in what God can do, only if man (scientist) can prove it, is no Faith at all. This really suggests that Your God is really man. God shares His glory with no man, He has no equal and he tolerate no rival, God is sovereign.

Before I accepted Christ as my savior, as an engineer, one of the reasons I rejected God were due to the things I could not technically verify. Yet, all of the elements and tools I worked with (gravity, pressure, material constants, chemical properties) were all produced by God. It is amazing how ignorance allowed me to believe in equations and less on the One who sustained the properties that allowed equations to be valid. Man's knowledge is subservient to God's desire to allow man to discover.

To really believe in God one must have faith. True faith (in God) believes without verification. If one only believed in scripture (God's word) based on man's (scientist) approval, that person's faith is in Man.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I'd rather be a Fool for Jesus than a lost Fool (man).​

1 Corinthians 1:27. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

DH, I've answered all questions in the previous posts. You're trying to get me to say something I didn't say. I stated what I had to say and it's in the posts if you choose to read. Do you know what got my attention with pastor Murray? The many days I heard him say "don't listen to this man(Murray) or any other man without checking him out in the word of God first." Murray is a dynamic preacher but he's a man and not God. This is why I claim him as my pastor for I'm not afraid to stand by a true Christian. I can hold my own and don't need the approval of men to know who I am. I understand you can't see truth, however you should humble yourself and listen to wise counsel. You allow things you don't understand to bother you and you get offended. As pastor Murray would say, don't worry about it and put it on the shelf. God will reveal it to you in His own time.

RB

Naw, dude you have not answered my questions. Here are a few, not only are you ignorant in Gods word, you are a liar, you lied about attending “Churchâ€￾ you lied about talking with the scientist. You said listen to God and not man, but you listen to Murray (do you not).

Answer these questions:

1. How is it possible for Satan and Eve to have Cain, when one is neither male or female (Satan). In all cases from the lowest form of life to the highest it takes a male and female to produce an off spring.

2. Are you calling God a lie, when he said "Let each produce after it's own kind" Yey, you are saying Eve (female) Satan (neither) can produce a human. How is this possible.

3. Then you say "that All races did not come from one race" I asked what reace are you talking about. Are there more than one race other than the human race. The different skin complexions are not (races" but groups of individuals grouped according to their complexion. Again, this is of man and not God.

Note your comment:

apply that example to the remaining creation and you'll see that God created everything "after its own kind",

4. Why is it genetically impossible, for all humans to have a common "father and mother" Adam and Eve. Since this is true, people can only produce people, genetically after its own kind. It appears that you are contradicting yourself.

5. Was the individually "races" created / made at different times on the six day; whites at 8:00, Blacks, at mid night since we are dark, the brown complexion people at dawn or dusk, since they are neither light or dark.

6. Hoe did Adam obtain the knowledge to see what Adamwould call them as stated in Genesis 2:19, 20.

7. You said "God set out to make man exactly the way he is" That a lie, mankind is sinful and God did not make him that way. If he did, then God does not have a right to punish me or anyone else for their sins. He made to do "right" and mankind decided to violate (sin) against God.

Listen to this stupid statement:

These two churches are the only churches that taught the truth about the kenites......and out of seven only two churches are teaching the entire truth of God's word. Shepherd's Chapel is one of the two.....Shepherd's Chapel is amongst the few that are teaching the word chapter by chapter and verse by verse.

8.Where is the scripture that say "Satan knew Eve" that is the language as it relates to a sexual relationship.

9. My question to you:

According to Murray suggest the relationship between Eve and Lucifer / Satan was the "Original Sin and the Forbidden Fruit, was Satan’s sperm". If Satan's sperm is the "forbidden fruit" and if Eve shared the "forbidden fruit" with Adam, and Adam did eat (partake), then Adam was the first homosexual.

True or False about Adam.

10. Scripture say "Adam knew Eve and she had Cain. You did not explain this. Was Eve having an affair with Satan and blamed Cain on Adam.

11. Have you ever heard or a field of study called "Biogenesis" it states that all life comes from life, and that living things produce after their own kind.

I guess you will be saying next that the earth is trillion or billion of years old.

:shame:

:read:

Let's see...things noted scientists once said

the earth is flat; man evolved from apes; that man wasn't meant to fly; that you can't possibly go to the moon; God was white; Negroes were not human; the Bible justifies slavery...

noted scientists all...

:shame::shame:

:read:

It's just sad how you behave with name calling and insults. I really feel sorry for you. You're jealous of pastor Murray and it shows in all of your posts. I know his teachings offend you, but you should get over it. Stop acting like a child with your name calling and insults. You should learn to respect teachers that teach on a deeper level than you. You wish you had what he has and it shows in your posts. Now I'm starting to realize why God is not allowing you to see what the elect see. You should seriously work on being jealous of others and their knowledge. I'll continue to pray for you as I do for all those who are lost.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
RB

Just answers the questions. Negative, Murray’s teaching does not offend me. His teaching just shows how ignorant a person can be and as Peter said “How people wrest the scriptures.

As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, [to pervert, of one who wrests or tortures language in a false sense] as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:16

You see RB; scripture can support every thing I comment on, it called defending the faith {Apologetics}. I am going to defend the gospel as should every “preacher of the gospel" that read the prayer board and calling names, “Please†I am not calling you or Murray any more than the words or Peter and Paul. You can be sure of one thing, Dr. H, can hold his own when it comes to the gospel.

When you feel that you are ready to defend you comments on "Satan and Eve" let me know, I will challenge you to a debate, using only the bible.

Your problem is you come on here “perverting†the gospel and you are surprise that there is someone that knows how to prove what you are saying to be a lie, by using the word of God. What is Murray teaching that’s the truth?

I noticed that you did not answer my questions, why? Here is the answer, you cannot, because the bible does not support you ideas. You are following the teachings of a man rather than the word of God, but you are so stiff-necked and hard of hearing that you will not admit it. Therefore, more than likely, God has turned you over to a reprobate mind and seared your conscience (and that’s bible).

Why are you depending on Murray to teach you (false doctrine) why not take the time to study for yourself?

Again, I've answered your questions and have backed up everything I stated in the previous posts. If you can't comprehend, then take it up with what God gave you. You're jealous of pastor Murray and it shows in all of your posts. You're not use to the word of God being taught in your church chapter by chapter and verse by verse. I've been to your church and proved that I did because your pastor had a guess speaker named pastor Flemming. He read no more than 5 verses and had a sign over his body that stated, "Will work for food" while babbling at the mouth for an hour. If that is what you call teaching, then he should be a motivational speaker instead of a teacher of God's word. It appears that your church is lost and it's a shame I sat in your church with others members who were hoping to hear the word of the Lord, and all we got was the word of a man. I sat and saw all of those members with their bibles open, and pastor Flemming spiritually starved them by giving the church his own words instead of God's. My heart went to those poor people because they know not what will soon happen that will lead them to worshiping Satan as Jesus. They have no idea that Satan is going to play God and will deceive the whole world by doing so with his bag of tricks.

It's no wonder you're so lost and jealous of others.:shame:

RB

Ok, finally you answered one question, we did have a guest Bro. Flemming. But, the other questions you did not answer.

Explain how Eve and Satan had Cain and how is it genetically for all races to come from "Adam and Eve" those are two question "among the others mentioned" you have not answered.

DH,

Go look up the word "TOUCH" in the Strong's and you will see that it has many meanings. What's facsinating is that "TOUCH" could also mean "TO LIE WITH A WOMAN" which is in the Strong's concordance.

How many people you know eat fruit and cover their naked parts? How many people you know eat fruit and are told by the devil they're naked? Why was God discussing children with Satan and Eve immediately after She and her husband partook of the forbidden fruit? Did Satan pack Adam's peanut butter? IMO, I don't know but you never know with the devil because he has nothing to lose. Do I believe Adam had a sexual orgy with Satan and Eve? YES!

DH,

Go look up the word "TOUCH" in the Strong's and you will see that it has many meanings. What's facsinating is that "TOUCH" could also mean "TO LIE WITH A WOMAN" which is in the Strong's concordance.

How many people you know eat fruit and cover their naked parts? How many people you know eat fruit and are told by the devil they're naked? Why was God discussing children with Satan and Eve immediately after She and her husband partook of the forbidden fruit? Did Satan pack Adam's peanut butter? IMO, I don't know but you never know with the devil because he has nothing to lose. Do I believe Adam had a sexual orgy with Satan and Eve? YES!

Chapter and verse please.. You are totally "OUT" there.

The word “touch†occurs 48 times in the bible. The word tough in Genesis 3:3, is (Hebrew) naga’ which means reach or strike as in your hand “touching†the door.

In 1 Corinthians 7:1 the word for touch is (Greek) haptomai, which means to engage in sexual intercourse or the “touching†of an object. The word usage in 1 Corinthians is the only time that it’s related to a sexual gesture.

The eating of the fruit was not the reason their eyes was opened, it was the disobeying of God’s word. Read 2:16 and following.

 of every tree you can eat†–
 the tree of good and evil don’t eat “

That’s a command from God, “Don’t Eat†the fruit. God, did not say “don’t touch†the tree, He said don’t eat the fruit. Was Adam and Eve “Physically†Blind?

Adam and Eve was living in the age of “innocence" meaning that Adam and Eve had no concept of good and evil, they obviously did know about disobedience, since Eve told the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" (Genesis 3:3) looking at her statement, it is obvious that Eve knew that she shouldn't eat the fruit. In fact she even added to God's command with the words "or touch it," which was not in God's original command. therefore, the original sin was disobedience.

For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. But like Adam they have transgressed the covenant; There they have dealt treacherously against Me. (Hosea 6:6-7)

The fact is God, uses various methods of revealing our disobedience to us. At that particular time He “open their eyesâ€

“Sexual Orgy’ Based on what?

Now, Satan has a "Jimmy" when he is neither male or female.

Ok, God, has used the word "Knew" as it relates to sex, now He decides to use the word "touch"

Guess what R B, that dog wont hunt - try again

Last edited:
Chapter and verse please.. You are totally "OUT" there.

No, Satan is totally out there! What most don't understand is that Satan would do "ANYTHING", including sleeping with flesh and blood. What makes you think Satan wouldn't do it? What many fail to realize is that Cain is not in Adam's family tree and this is well documented. Can anyone show me a verse that explains why Cain is not in Adam's family tree? The answer is no. Not one person on this board can show me a verse explaining why Cain is not in Adam's family tree. Give me a verse and I'll shut up. I don't want an opinion.......verses only!

DH,

Satan is a male angel just like all angels. Again, scripture state that angels are male and not female. God always refer to angels as males and not females. God created man in the likeness of He and the angels. Let "US" make man in "OUR" image! Did you notice that "US" and "OUR" are plural? Did you notice He didn't say let us make female in our image?

Man was made in the image of God and the angels. We are a copy of what they look like. You are correct that angels are not female, however scripture clearly state they're male.

STRONG'S CONCORDANCE

naga(touch)`
naw-gah'

a primitive root; properly, to touch, i.e. lay the hand upon (for any purpose; euphem., to lie with a woman); by implication, to reach (figuratively, to arrive, acquire); violently, to strike (punish, defeat, destroy, etc.):--beat, (X be able to) bring (down), cast, come (nigh), draw near (nigh), get up, happen, join, near, plague, reach (up), smite, strike, touch.
http://www.htmlbible.com/sacrednamebiblecom/kjvstrongs/STRHEB50.htm

Who was the serpent in the garden of Eden and was it a snake?
In the role that Satan will play very shortly as "the Antichrist", God will give him the keys or authority to rule the earth. Jesus talked about this in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. We are also given in Revelation 12:9 the answer that takes all the mystery out of who the serpent of Genesis 3 is; "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." We will see this happen shortly.

Just as the "tree of Life" plays two rolls in the beginning, so also will Satan play two rolls. Satan is present in the Garden of Eden, and he played the role of the "serpent", and the "tree of good and evil". This word "serpent" in the Hebrew text is "Nachash", and is from the root word, # 5172 in Strong's Hebrew dictionary, "meaning to whisper a magic spell, a divine enchanter."

In II Corinthians 11:3, Paul tells us that Satan was "transformed", however in the Greek text it reads; "disguised" as an "angel of light", to deceive Eve. http://www.theseason.org/genesis/genesis3.htm

Back