The truth about easter

I've taught my kids very well and they know not to associate "Easter" with "Passover" because it has nothing to do with Christ paying the price for our sins. They know "Easter" is a heathen practice that upsets God when associated with His holy word. I did not go into great detail with them, however they know enough to not mix a heathen practice with the celebration of our Lord paying the price for our sins. I hope you all enjoy the truth and don't forget to spread it in love.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The Pagan Origins of Easter

Origins of the name "Easter":

The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede, (672-735 CE.) a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm

You realize "Passover" was a celebration of the Angel of Death passing over the homes of the Israelites marked with blood during the tenth plague on Egypt right? Christ hadn't been "born" yet

You realize "Passover" was a celebration of the Angel of Death passing over the homes of the Israelites marked with blood during the tenth plague on Egypt right? Christ hadn't been "born" yet

You are 100% correct and it was all "symbolic" of Christ. The Lamb was symbolic of Christ and the blood was represented salvation. In other words, Christ is our passover Lamb and it's His sacrificial blood that saves us all from death which is to say Satan. This confirms that God is the same and He never changes. They had passover in the "OT" and Christ became the ultimate sacrifice in the "NT". Christ is our passover.

My point is the Easter bunny has nothing to do with celebrating "passover" and many Christians error when they celebrate. They have no clue as to why they're celebrating the easter bunny on the most holy day of the year. This is why it's important to teach chapter by chapter and verse by verse, whereby you learn what God approves of and what He doesn't. Ignorance is no excuse for Christians especially when God wrote a personal letter telling us "everything" we need to know about pleasing God. Christ confirmed this by stating He "foretold" us all things, therefore there is no excuse. It just aint gone fly wit God.

Good job on catching the passover in the "OT"!

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he(JESUS) also himself likewise took part of the same(FLESH & BLOOD); that through death(DYING) he might destroy him(SATAN) that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Colossians 2:15-23

15. And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

18. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
19. And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
20. Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21. (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22. Which all are to perish with the using; ) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23. Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

All holy days of old testament orgin points to Christ, even the Sabbath. The Sabbath in that it points to the Rest (completion) of God/Christ work (Hebrews 3-4); we who are saved will find Permanent Rest. We, Christian are taught to follow the principles of Christ not to focus on Days, to do so give praise to the created (days) not the creator.

Does the instructions to the Church (The New Testament) ask us to worship and/or pay special respect to Christmas, Easter or even Sunday? NO!

All days should be lead in a manner that gives glory to God. So if man uses the symbolic Easter Bunny or Santa verses a Poster of Jesus, such is the same if Man's life does not reflect the works and life of Christ.

Given that God uses everything (Romans 8:28), the Easter Bunny and Santa has its purpose. All unsaved who stand before Christ can not plead ignorant because, if they knew the symbolic Easter Bunny and Santa, they had heard of the Him (Jesus Christ).

Ponder this:
Most Christian feels that we only need to devote one day to serving God (Sunday). It is interesting that the a early Church worked and were rewarded daily:

Acts 2:47. Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Also, kids love the Easter Bunny & Santa, as did I when I was a kid. Such is not a sin, the real sin is not knowing and accepting Christ.

Good Day and God Bless

I urge all those who have eyes to see and ears to hear to listen to God's word........not man's. I would rather warn you of the danger of accepting "Easter" and replacing passover with "Easter." It's not "Easter" nor is the word in the original manuscripts. God stated do not add to nor take away from His word and yet man took out "passover" and added "Easter." Now that I've told you, you can stand before God as one who knew better and continued in foolishness instead of maturing in the word. The easter bunny is symbolic of "QUICK LIKE A BUNNY" which is in ref to sexual orgies in the spring around passover. The egg is symbolic of fertility and getting women pregnant through orgies.......idolatry. God is upset because we as Christians celebrate His son's death and resurrection by allowing this pagan holiday to be included with "passover". I would rather be safe than sorry and stand before God knowing I did the right thing even if it's unpopular.

RB

The reason I asked you to explain your comment is because you have a tendency to take a totally out of context.

Christ is our passover Lamb and it's His sacrificial blood that saves us all from death which is to say Satan.

There are three types of death, based on your comment it appears that you are saying that Satan is the agent or has some power / authority over death:

1. Physical Death – the death of the physical body, in which we all must face – Hebrews 9:27

2. Spiritual Death – (Genesis 2:17) – The separation of the soul from God. There are individuals that are spiritually dead. Adam died spiritually the same day he sinned, because he separated himself from God.

3. Eternal Death – the final separation from the presence of God. This is the final judgment in which the soul of an individual is cast into the outer darkness and separated from God for the duration of time. This is the faith of the “unsaved†Matthew 25:46 and others.

The scripture states, “That had the power of death, that is, the devil;†not the power over death and there is a difference.

For those who don't know, death is another name for Satan. Satan has many names and depending on which role he plays, the name will fit perfectly. He played a snake in the garden and he'll play an angel of light in the end times.

There are two additional names below that Satan go by as well. My point is that Satan has many names and one of his names is death because he's poisonous and deadly. The "ONLY" point I was making was that one of Satan's names is death.........that's all.

In other words, Christ is our passover Lamb and it's His sacrificial blood that saves us all from death which is to say Satan.

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, [which is] the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue [is] Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath [his] name Apollyon.

Last edited:
There's a reason many will hear Christ say this.........

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

These are not my words nor did I make them up and it's obvious Christ is addressing so called Christians because they confess to be doing everything in Christ's name. As you can see, Christ will mean business when He arrives. Why will Christ say this to so many so called Christians? Keep playing around with the Easter bunny and try to walk up to Christ in that day knowing it was "TOTALLY" wrong. This is just one of the many things Christians do wrong thinking they're doing what's right. It's like the slave owner justifying slavery in the bible, but he adds the rape, murder, beatings and etc. Yes, slavery was justified, however the rape, murder, and beatings were not included in God's original slave laws. This means somebody added some stuff in and tried to justify it with God's word. The same can be said with passover and easter. Passover is justified, however the easter bunny is not in God's original word. This means somebody added some stuff and tried to justify it with God's word. This may have been an over simplification, but be it as it may.

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

For those who don't know, death is another name for Satan. Satan has many names and depending on which role he plays, the name will fit perfectly. He played a snake in the garden and he'll play an angel of light in the end times.

Ok, it’s apparent that you are off bases; Satan did not play the role of a snake. It was Satan’s spirit that entered the snake’s body and the snake was punished for allowing this to happen. Yes, Satan has many names, so are you saying that Satan can determine whether an individual live (Physically), is (Spiritually Dead) or is headed to an (Eternal Death).

The "ONLY" point I was making was that one of Satan's names is death.........that's all.

Ok, but that’s not what Hebrews 2:14 is talking about and that’s my point as well as trying to get you to understand that you have to keep scriptures within its proper context.

God, “names†angels “spiritual beings†that are responsible for a particular purpose, you will not find Gabriel interfering with the responsibility of Michael.

Satans and his followers only responsibility is to lead people astray (away from God). He does not have the power or authority to place death on any one.

Those of you who want to mature in the word can do so freely without worrying if it's right to do so. The only thing that matters is not what men think of you, but what God thinks of you. I could care less what my mother, father, siblings, wife and friends think of me and they know this. If that be the case, then certainly outsiders don't stand a chance due to God's word that dwells in me. Don't allow people to discredit the truth and the simplicity in which Christ and almighty God taught. God is very straight forward and He only hides things from those who are rebellious towards His simplistic teachings. If you are willing to humble yourself, then you too can have peace of mind and comfort in knowing truth the majority of the world wish they knew and believed. Again, man will lead you astray, but when you ask almighty God for knowledge, wisdom, and understanding, He'll grant it to you if you're sincere. The good thing about me is that no man can change the truth that was given to me through the holy spirit. When you know the truth, why would you ever want to go back to believing a lie? Let God's word speak and let it stick in your head without shame. Hold on to that truth and "Let no man deceive you."

:topic:

For those who are interested in what could possibly be the next major piece of prophecy. Read Dan 11:20-21. The first verse is in ref to an earthly leader and the second verse is in ref to Satan and how he will come to this earth after the earthly leader is destroyed by Almighty God. It will happen in the order it reads and notice that God will be the one who will destroy the earthly leader........not man. The earthly leader is symbolic of Satan and his deception, but God will ultimately be the one who will destroy him. Again, just keep an eye on these two verses and when you see the first happen, then you'll know what to expect next. God's word always go down exactly as it is written. I can't say this enough, but you should really keep an eye on these two verses from now and through upcoming years.

:topic:

For those who are interested in what could possibly be the next major piece of prophecy. Read Dan 11:20-21. The first verse is in ref to an earthly leader and the second verse is in ref to Satan and how he will come to this earth after the earthly leader is destroyed by Almighty God. It will happen in the order it reads and notice that God will be the one who will destroy the earthly leader........not man. The earthly leader is symbolic of Satan and his deception, but God will ultimately be the one who will destroy him. Again, just keep an eye on these two verses and when you see the first happen, then you'll know what to expect next. God's word always go down exactly as it is written. I can't say this enough, but you should really keep an eye on these two verses from now and through upcoming years.

Hey, RB, what are your thoughts on Heb. 11: 31-33?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
R B
There are two texts in the New Testament will demonstrate the dramatic difference in the way men view death. The first text describes the fear that enslaves all men, apart from the grace of God. (Hebrews 2:14 – 15) and 1 Corinthians 15:55 - 57

(Hebrews) This is why the statement is made about Satan in Hebrews. This particular scriptures directs us back to Genesis 2:16 – 17, when Adam and Eve sinned. Because of their sin over the duration of time, death is a dreaded enemy, and the fear of death hold men in bondage all their lives.

The "He" of verse 14 is Jesus Christ. He took on flesh and blood. The Son of God took on humanity, by adding humanity to His deity. Jesus, on the cross" partook of death" in our place. Meaning that all who have trusted (saved) in Jesus Christ, there is no (should be) longer any fear of death, for He paid the penalty for our sins. He also rose from the dead, assuring us of eternal life after death, life in the presence of God.

The devil no longer has a death grip on us, one which makes us slaves of the fear of death. Those that are “savedâ€￾ have the sure hope of eternal life. Because of this, death is no longer a dreaded enemy.

Satan, has no more power than God has granted him and God did not give him the power over death. If he did, there is no doubt that he would have killed all of those that "try" to live according to God's word..

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

R B

How is it possible for Christ to be talking to “Christiansâ€￾ at that particular point in time, when Christianity did not exist? Christianity did not start until years after the resurrection?

In these particular scriptures (15 – 20) Christ is addressing the false prophets and verses 21-23 deal with false followers.

They used "In your name" means as your representatives and claiming your authority. It was possible for false disciples to prophesy, exorcise demons, and perform miracles in Jesus' name (Judas Iscariot). The authority of His name (reputation) enabled them to do so, not their own righteousness or relationship to Him.

Go back and read the verse again and you'll see He's telling them what will happen upon His return. Christ is telling people what He'll say to so called Christians when he return. He could not have made it any clearer by saying "Mat 7:22 Many will(FUTURE TENSE) say to me in that day,

What day is Christ talking about? He's talking about the Lord's day when He return and we immediately enter into the millenium. He's talking about how people are going to come up to Him when He return and how they're going to be telling Jesus all of the good things they did in His name. Jesus is no fool and He knows who stood strong on the word and who didn't. He aint coming back with a rod of iron for nothing. This will be a sad day for those who lack truth. This is why we as Christians must be firm on moral issues because Satan is trying everything he can to get us to submit to evil. I will stand my ground and there is not one man or woman that can move me off that Solid Rock which is Christ. It just aint happnin Capn!

R B

I am not sure where you learned your theology, hermeneutics exegesis or anything related to understand the grammatical construction of chapters or paragraphs. You say that Christ is talking to Christians. Without going through a lot of analytical data sometimes just understanding history and studying a chorological table would help you to understand the occurrence of certain biblical events.

Just for a moment take the time to study the “time period†between Jesus’ preaching and the writing of the gospels.

Just for a moment take the time to study the “time period†between the death, burial and resurrection and the writing of the gospels.

Just for a moment take the time to study the “time period†between the death, burial and resurrection and the writing of the Book of Acts “They were called Christians first in Antiochâ€

• Matthew was written before A.D. 70 and as early as A.D. 50.
• Mark between A.D. 55 to A.D. 70.
• Luke was written before the book of Acts and Acts does not mention "Nero's persecution of the Christians in A.D. 64 or the deaths of James (A.D. 62), Paul (A.D. 64), and Peter (A.D. 65)."
• John written in the 80's to 90's.
• Acts about A.D. 63

All of these dates can be proven based on the early “Church Fathers and various historical eventsâ€

Jesus, was Crucified in 33 A.D, based on those facts alone there is no way Jesus could have been talking to Christians and besides the gospels are a collections of events and letters written as much as 30, 40, 50 and sometimes 60 years after the Crucifixion.

I f you go back and read Chapter 7 in its entirety, not just verses 21 -22, because in the original language and grammatical construction this was one “paragraph†Jesus is dealing with the relationship between brothers (7-5), disciples relationship to antagonists (6), disciples relationship to God (7-12), false alternatives (13-27). He (Jesus) points out certain individuals and compare them the Jews would be familiar with hypocrites (5) “swineâ€, prophets (12), false prophets (15) “sheep clothing, thorns, thistles, evil fruit, corrupt tree†More specifically – False prophets (15 – 20) and 21 – 23 (False Believers)

Then Jesus says “ye shall know them†who is them? It has to be the hypocrites and false prophets, because of the previous teachings.

22 – “Many will say†who will say, it has to be the hypocrites and false prophets, because of the previous teachings / subject has not changed.

It can only be said that in Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus is addressing the false prophets and false followers not Christians.

However, this can be used by application, that Jesus will judge the false teachers and followers. And tell them to depart from me.This is also true with those that are not followers of Christ.

But, to say that Jesus is talking specifically to Christians is not true and if it was taught or preached it would be false doctrine. Because those individuals he was addressing were not Christians.

DH, I don't know if it's me or just you not understanding my posts. I clearly stated "SO CALLED" Christians in my posts. I clearly referenced the fact that they are "SO CALLED" Christians which would make them a fake Christian. What's a "SO CALLED" Christian? For example, a preacher who openly admits he's gay and calls himself a Christian. We as Christians are told to discern right from wrong and good from bad. We are also instructed not to judge, however discerning is not judging. I can assure you that gay preacher is not a Christian..........by discernment.

R B

I understand the "So called Christians" so why did you refer to Matthew 7:21-23, when those scriptures does not have any thing to do with the "so called Christians"

The false followers and prophets are not the "so called Christians" Perhaps; you should refer to some of the writings of the Apostle Paul, when referring to the "so called Christians"

Keep the scriptures is its proper context.

I often here folks say that John the Baptist was a Christian and the Baptist Church was named after him....

I did more than keep the scripture in its proper text. I pointed out what Christ is going to say to the "so called Christians" when He return. He was speaking in the future tense because no where in scripture did He ever say that to someone. He also clearly stated the "so called Christians" will be saying they did things in His name which mean they were believers. What they will soon find out is that you have to also be a "doer" of the word. This is why He ends it with "ye that work iniquity".

I clearly pointed out the words of Christ......not mine. You have your belief and so do I. All I can say to you is just wait and see when that day come. I believe the words of Christ......not man's.

RB

So what you are saying is those that "celebrate" Easter will be eternally lost? Those that buy their kids a Easter Basket, prepare Easter Dinner for their family, purchase their children new clothes for Easter, buy their children a Easter Rabbit, Duck or Baby Chicken?

Based on your comments and use of the scripture those individuals are going to hell, because of their "behavior".

If what you are saying is true, then explain why Jesus made specific reference to the false prophets and followers?

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].

Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

As you can see, a beating will still happen regardless of if you knew it's wrong or not. In no way am I saying people are going to hell if they participate in these activities. I'm saying it's wrong. If someone tell you something is wrong, why would you continue to do it? Why would anyone continue playing with idols and they know God hates it? Why?

Did you notice the person is verse 47 is a servant of God? The person in verse 48 is not referenced as a servant, so God does not punish them with many stripes. Why? They're ignorant of the word of God, but that's not an excuse due to the beating they will receive.

Last edited:
Back