The transfer portal is like covid, every school catches the transfer portal bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At last check, we only had 3 but I could easily see that hitting 5-6 off what happened this past season (I wouldn't be shocked if 1 major contributor was "encouraged" to leave). Those 3 in the portal are probably D2 bound or below (2 didnt even play this season). I could also see at least 2 of the bigs hitting the portal as well

We still need legitimate bodies in the paint that can consistently get a 10 PPG/8 RPG (I could see the 7'1 guy (still a freshman on the floor next year) coming off the bench)

As far as TxSU (as well as the rest of the SWAC) is concerned, I'm not surprised to see some guys test the waters as they dont lose a year of eligibility so this past season was a showcase to get looks from bigger scores.

However, they better look at what happened to the guy from Howard who averaged over 20 PPG at Howard only to go to the Vols and average about 5-6 PPG

i like his game. Thanks for his contribution to Tiger basketball. Seems like a real nice kid. I suspected he would get an agent and go overseas. He got a lot of notoriety during tournament. best wishes

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I hate the portal....
Free agency without the money and for younger people. It doesn't always end up being the best move, but good luck to them they were entertaining while it lasted. Too bad these kids don't understand that they can change the narrative and start turning our own schools into the Gonzagas of the world and get on the map at these smaller schools by being giant killers, guess they too young to see the bigger picture.

Man I have the these rose colored glasses on, just go get a Weathers with a jump shot. If not one of the remaining guards will have to step his game up. I think Gilliam is ready to do that. Time will tell.

i am pro transfer portal because coaches have always had a transfer portal called million dollar contracts that can be bought out. However for the student athlete the transfer portal can be like a game of musical chairs. When the music stops you better have a chair. When you try to go back that chair might be filled also.

I like the transfer portal...let these kids have the freedoms they want. Schools are not paying them. Some of these when school is out they go home to horrible house holds. If I'm not mistaken they can't work. These kids are pimped by their parents (some), coaches, and the schools. There is no collective bargaining for college athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back