The transfer portal is like covid, every school catches the transfer portal bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an easy way to resolve the portal. When a kid is offered a scholarship the only way it can stripped is if a kid flunks out, pay the kids in a stipend.....college sports is geared toward the school and coaches....the NCAA doesn’t give a damn about college athletes.

There is an easy way to resolve the portal. When a kid is offered a scholarship the only way it can stripped is if a kid flunks out, pay the kids in a stipend.....college sports is geared toward the school and coaches....the NCAA doesn’t give a damn about college athletes.
no lie here

Yeah it was just 2 years ago that people thought that 600-700 was a lot but it's probably gonna hit 1,500 before it's all said and done.

We are about to find out how good the recruiting skills of our coaches are because they can snag some solid talent if they can afford to be a bit patient. Right now (as of this post), Valley has 5 open spots. The blue bloods and mid majors will get first dibs leaving us with some quality mid-high major talent to fill in the holes. They can either come to the SWAC, go D2/NAIA, go pro or sit out a year (grad transfers included)

Yeah it was just 2 years ago that people thought that 600-700 was a lot but it's probably gonna hit 1,500 before it's all said and done.

We are about to find out how good the recruiting skills of our coaches are because they can snag some solid talent if they can afford to be a bit patient. Right now (as of this post), Valley has 5 open spots. The blue bloods and mid majors will get first dibs leaving us with some quality mid-high major talent to fill in the holes. They can either come to the SWAC, go D2/NAIA, go pro or sit out a year (grad transfers included)
Do you see some of the schools some of these guys are transferring to?

Don't be surprised to see more 3&4 star high school players sign with HBCU's. Most colleges look to the transfer portal to replace previous starters. For AAMU we already have a 5 star kicker on campus and signed a 3 star and a 4 star quarterback. Keeping them coming!

Don't be surprised to see more 3&4 star high school players sign with HBCU's. Most colleges look to the transfer portal to replace previous starters. For AAMU we already have a 5 star kicker on campus and signed a 3 star and a 4 star quarterback. Keeping them coming!
I agree with that statement. Along with the SWAC becoming the premier HBCU athletic conference, I beleve it is inevitable that more top high school talent will land on SWAC campuses this fall and beyond together with Division 1 transfers. The national television exposure SWAC schools received this spring will turn many heads toward HBCUdom, and for this, we can thank Deion. The key will be how well HBCU coaches take advantage of this opportunity.

I agree with that statement. Along with the SWAC becoming the premier HBCU athletic conference, I beleve it is inevitable that more top high school talent will land on SWAC campuses this fall and beyond together with Division 1 transfers. The national television exposure SWAC schools received this spring will turn many heads toward HBCUdom, and for this, we can thank Deion. The key will be how well HBCU coaches take advantage of this opportunity.
I don't agree with this, we are just filling an appetite for football. Those yt folk don't want our schools to have success and they don't want to see our teams get exposure, they just want our athletes to make their schools look good. To me HBCU football should have been on at least ESPN because we have some very suspenseful, edge of your seat games. It is a shame that when KJ Black was QB at PV that we were down by points with less than 2 minutes left in the game with Alcorn driving and we get the ball back and KJ scores 3 times in less than 1:43 seconds but nobody saw it unless you were at our lil ole raggedy stadium. The Magic City classic is an interesting edge of your seat game because you can throw out records, it is going to be a slugfest. The Bayou Classic has moved to channel NBC something and it is a good game, some of the crap they show instead of our game is mind boggling to me when we lead FCS in attendance year after year, our country is so stupid and racist that they will do anything to keep young men from thinking our schools can put them in the league. I hope I'm wrong but I think we won't be on tv again this fall anymore than we were before.

I don't agree with this, we are just filling an appetite for football. Those yt folk don't want our schools to have success and they don't want to see our teams get exposure, they just want our athletes to make their schools look good. To me HBCU football should have been on at least ESPN because we have some very suspenseful, edge of your seat games. It is a shame that when KJ Black was QB at PV that we were down by points with less than 2 minutes left in the game with Alcorn driving and we get the ball back and KJ scores 3 times in less than 1:43 seconds but nobody saw it unless you were at our lil ole raggedy stadium. The Magic City classic is an interesting edge of your seat game because you can throw out records, it is going to be a slugfest. The Bayou Classic has moved to channel NBC something and it is a good game, some of the crap they show instead of our game is mind boggling to me when we lead FCS in attendance year after year, our country is so stupid and racist that they will do anything to keep young men from thinking our schools can put them in the league. I hope I'm wrong but I think we won't be on tv again this fall anymore than we were before.
I agree - put me in this same position in the fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back