The Novel Coronavirus Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already are complaining.

I wonder how many kids have to die before they stop complaining. Delta has the potential to make this fall school year very interesting since kids are not approved for the vaccine. Delta is attacking kids in ways the previous version did not. I pray that the best case scenario happens and kids don't get infected and if they do, they don't get seriously ill. The teachers who died and / or got seriously ill did not make much of a dent on their support of masks in the classrooms, I am not sure kids dying will make a difference either.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ah...there it is! I was waiting on this announcement from the drug companies.

Make sure yall go get the 3rd dose! And maybe 4th and 5th dose as well. Get as many as they tell yall to get in order to prevent this Delta variant from spreading.

We want to make sure we do our part to stop spreading Covid even though many of us are already vaccinated. This is unlike anything we've seen in our history.

Make sure yall go get the 3rd dose! And maybe 4th and 5th dose as well. Get as many as they tell yall to get in order to prevent this Delta variant from spreading.

We want to make sure we do our part to stop spreading Covid even though many of us are already vaccinated. This is unlike anything we've seen in our history.
Hey man... u do you. Don't get vaccinated. Just make sure you don't go to a hospital when sickness comes knocking on your door. After all you don't want the experimental vaccine so why would you want the experimental treatments for covid. just stay at home and ride it out. from what I heard it's just the flu anyway.

Now for those of us with a little sense, that was sarcasm. take care of yourself. if they recommend a booster me and my family are getting it (3 w/ sickle cell and 3 of us with trait) b/c we aren't trying to win the booboo prize.

DTap vaccine has 5 doses, administered at 2, 4, and 6 months, 15 through 18 months, and 4 through 6 years. Shut this stupid shit up.

No answer!
No answer because it's not your time to understand yet! People learn in phases and you can't force them when they are not ready!

Continue to ask yourself key questions and you will see a correlation between what they tell us versus what they actually do.

No answer because it's not your time to understand yet! People learn in phases and you can't force them when they are not ready!

Continue to ask yourself key questions and you will see a correlation between what they tell us versus what they actually do.

Answer the question, man. What are we not "awake" to?

Damn!!! Did you get this out of a fortune cookie? 🤣 Calm down now, I am just mashing yo taters. 🤣

I thought Alabama was bad!

Florida virus cases soar, hospitals near last summer's peak​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...cubs-in-mlb-trade-deadline-stunner/ar-AAMIKWd
MIAMI (AP) — Hospital admissions of coronavirus patients continue to soar in Florida with at least two areas in the state surpassing the previous peaks of last summer's surge, prompting calls by local officials for the governor to declare an emergency.

A large hospital system in Jacksonville said its hospitals were at maximum capacity, its emergency centers also at a critical point as the state grappled with the new and more infectious delta variant of the COVID-19 virus.

In Brevard County, two hospitals began setting up treatment tents at its emergency departments. And at a Fort Lauderdale park, a long line of cars snaked around a testing site, recalling the first weeks of the pandemic last year.

Florida hospitals reported more than 8,900 patients with COVID-19 on Thursday, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Florida Hospital Association said the state peaked at 10,179 cases last July.

The patient number on Thursday was five times higher than a month ago, and it quickly climbed from about 5,500 in just one week.

"What’s extraordinary is the speed at which we are currently seeing new cases,” said Dr. Vincent Hsu, executive director of infection prevention and hospital epidemiologist at AdventHealth in Orlando. “The slope is pretty steep, and we haven’t seen the end of it. This is still coming.”

Mississippi man says going unvaccinated could cost you a limb

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/07/28/mis...ccinated-could-cost-you-limb/?outputType=apps

JACKSON, Miss. (WVUE) - A Mississippi man said he came close to dying after getting COVID-19. Now he’s hoping others will learn from his health journey after going from vaccine skeptic to a vaccine believer.

Bryan Thompson, 43, is married to Audrey. He has a 6-year-old son named Endymion. He works for an IT company from home. He says he’s otherwise a healthy man, but he is unvaccinated against COVID-19, WVUE reported.

“I was unvaccinated. Yeah, I myself was a little skeptical and I felt it got rushed. I wanted to just make sure it was safe. We were in a low-risk situation. It wasn’t like I was a front-line worker somewhere seeing hundreds of people a day” said Thompson. “So I figured if anyone can take a little bit of a risk it could be us because of our situation.”

That is until he got COVID-19.
:crazy:

“My blood pressure was 71/40, and my oxygen was in the very low 80s. I mean, I was on my way out,” he said. “It probably wouldn’t have been much longer and I would have died.”

Thompson said he had a fever, which led to pneumonia. He ended up in the hospital.

He said he recovered and was discharged, but once he got home things took a turn.

“During the night, [the] pain increased to a level I have never experienced,” he said. “[The] Worst pain I have ever felt in my life. My foot just... I can’t explain it. Like, screaming-out kind of pain.”

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

You sound like this dude:

The War Has Changed

It cites a combination of recently obtained, still-unpublished data from outbreak investigations and outside studies showing that vaccinated individuals infected with delta may be able to transmit the virus as easily as those who are unvaccinated. Vaccinated people infected with delta have measurable viral loads similar to those who are unvaccinated and infected with the variant.

@Tpop33 I'm not an antivaxxer. I am just someone that is trying to critically think about the ramifications of altering how the body defends against infections and how we can prematurely disrupt our bodies ability to defend.

At this point, we have almost made it back to square one: mask up, avoid large crowds, change your diet and get healthy. At some point, the CDC and the powers that be have to acknowledge that they got a lot of things wrong and maybe this vaccine is not as effective as once thought. Simple as that!

May God bless all of us and our families during this time! Stay safe and do what's best for you and your family!

Last edited:
There is great news on the horizon for those looking for jobs and promotions.

The federal government, hospitals and private companies are mandating vaccines. Some will quit their jobs rather than take the shots, if you are looking for a change or a better job, update your resumes, this will be a great time to get a new job if you are fully vaccinated.

Take advantage of the job opportunities.

There is great news on the horizon for those looking for jobs and promotions.

The federal government, hospitals and private companies are mandating vaccines. Some will quit their jobs rather than take the shots, if you are looking for a change or a better job, update your resumes, this will be a great time to get a new job if you are fully vaccinated.

Take advantage of the job opportunities.
I thought about that too

As the delta variant ravages the state, patients are waiting in hallways at Mississippi’s largest hospital as staff scramble to care for the influx of COVID-19 cases requiring hospitalization.

All 92 beds in the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s intensive care unit, the state’s largest, are full. The hospital's emergency department is overwhelmed and doctors and nurses are working around the clock to get sick patients into hospital rooms.

“There just aren’t enough nurses, physicians and hospital beds to treat the cases this wave is causing,” said Jonathan Wilson, UMMC’s chief administrative officer.

Hey man... u do you. Don't get vaccinated. Just make sure you don't go to a hospital when sickness comes knocking on your door. After all you don't want the experimental vaccine so why would you want the experimental treatments for covid. just stay at home and ride it out. from what I heard it's just the flu anyway.

Now for those of us with a little sense, that was sarcasm. take care of yourself. if they recommend a booster me and my family are getting it (3 w/ sickle cell and 3 of us with trait) b/c we aren't trying to win the booboo prize.

had to go ahead and throw dude on ignore. Was triggering me everytime I saw his posts in here.

The War Has Changed

@Tpop33 I'm not an antivaxxer. I am just someone that is trying to critically think about the ramifications of altering how the body defends against infections and how we can prematurely disrupt our bodies ability to defend.

At this point, we have almost made it back to square one: mask up, avoid large crowds, change your diet and get healthy. At some point, the CDC and the powers that be have to acknowledge that they got a lot of things wrong and maybe this vaccine is not as effective as once thought. Simple as that!

We can't do that because certain members of a political party in governor offices are going out of their way to make doing that a CRIME. Including calling for folks to be arrested.

School districts are being told KIDS IN SCHOOL or you get no State funding. No state funding-guess who kids get SCREWED first. BLACK KIDS. You know how man black kids I saw roaming around during school hours? Way more than I saw with other races.

Also nobody is throwing fits about all these booster shots we have to have as KIDS. At one point they were like the current shots being given now-but over time folks worked on them to make them STRONG.

So does that mean some boosters to get a better version? YES. Is it a big deal NO.

If we had a REAL president in 2016-2020-who took this mess serious instead of trying to get Asian American KILLED and tick off the one country where a LOT of of technology comes from and picking fights with a loser QB from San Francisco-we might have a better vaccine that Delta can't mess with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back