The mind of an elite bourgeois black person

Most black ppl put a ton of energy in watching Power (I do) and doing the wobble and other things, but couldn't tell you how creditors get your FICO credit score or what is the definition of credit.

That's what Jay-Z is for.

Stall him out.

Boyce drops gems

Check out some of his Breakfast Club interviews.

Lol @ him being a hotep and woke, black ppl call anyone that, when the person challenges you to do better and look into a different lens than your average cac

Like I said, if he's a hotep and woke, then Colin Kap is one, they both do the same thing.

Kap and Boyce aren't the same person. He doesn't have this air of intellectually superiority I'm-smarter-than-you-and-you-should-think-like-I-do-because-I-make shitty-generalizations-about-black-people.

Kap and Boyce aren't the same person. He doesn't have this air of intellectually superiority I'm-smarter-than-you-and-you-should-think-like-I-do-because-I-make shitty-generalizations-about-black-people.

That's how you feel and the ppl that like'd your post feel, I don't get that vibe from him.

I get the "this is how I made it and I want my ppl that look like me to follow this blueprint" vibe from him.

Yall do the most breh.

Dude just want his ppl to put more energy into building your own wealth.

Never seen so many black ppl poke holes at other black ppl. Smh

That's how you feel and the ppl that like'd your post feel, I don't get that vibe from him.

I get the "this is how I made it and I want my ppl that look like me to follow this blueprint" vibe from him.

Yall do the most breh.

Right. Seems that some are making their judgement on him based off of a few tweets. I'd challenge those folks to check out some of his stuff on YouTube. Just like anyone else I know in my life, I don't agree with everything he says, but I do agree with his principles; that's what's most important.

Agreed.

Folks always want to talk about Black excellence then celebrate common stuff. Want to get mad if you don't agree with them.

If we're offended by someone wanting more Black financial literacy and success, that says more about our mentality than his.

Yall do the most breh.

Yup...folk always tearing down other people shat when they are not willing or prepared to build anything.

Last edited:

Yall do the most breh.

Here is the thing. If you're going to try to impart wisdom on people, it's best not to be pious about it.

He's correlating folks talking about a TV show on social media as them not being concerned with building wealth or people doing the wobble at a gathering not desiring to be financially literate.

He doesn't know how much energy people are or not putting into these things.

I was just at a family reunion surrounded by folk who were doing the wobble (who also maybe watch Power) and own their own businesses or are starting their own businesses and have financial freedom.

Saying stuff like that does no good for anyone. It's like he's saying let me crap on things people like to make people feel bad about the things they like to make myself seem so much smarter.

Right. Seems that some are making their judgement on him based off of a few tweets. I'd challenge those folks to check out some of his stuff on YouTube. Just like anyone else I know in my life, I don't agree with everything he says, but I do agree with his principles; that's what's most important.
My judgment of him is based on articles he writes and his videos.

Here is the thing. If you're going to try to impart wisdom on people, it's best not to be pious about it.

He's correlating folks talking about a TV show on social media as them not being concerned with building wealth or people doing the wobble at a gathering not desiring to be financially literate.

I was just at a family reunion surrounded by folk who were doing the wobble (who also maybe watch Power) and own their own businesses or are starting their own businesses and have financial freedom.

Saying stuff like that does no good for anyone. It's like he's saying let me crap on things people like to make people feel bad about the things they like to make myself seem so much smarter.

You mentioned Jay-Z in an earlier post right?

Didn't he do that on his last album? with the whole money to your ear thing? did he say this something about we don't call that real money, we disconnect or some sh1t like that.

Talked about what dudes who put money to their ear should be doing with it, when in fact in his rap days, he did worse stunting and flossing on videos than what these dudes are doing now?

Jay-z made his career off of sh1tting on black ppl about having more than the next, but now all of sudden Jay-z is the champion that we should be listening too, when Boyce has a dedicated platform of the same stuff Jay-z is just now talking about Lol.

Boy yall hate yall ppl when they are doing positive stuff smh sad, very sad

Breh miss me with your cop outs and excuses.

Those ppl who you were around, Dude wasn't talking to them, they doing what they should be doing, he's talking about the crowd that's not putting that energy in trying to get off from up under white mommy and white daddy.

That's fair. But he's not trying to reach people like those in your family. He's on Twitter trying invoke change to a particular demographic that probably doesn't include your family members. I won't defend the tweets; I think that Black people, by nature, are rhythmic people, all across the board, and we enjoy music and dancing. But there are people (on Twitter) who put way too much time into that and only that. That's who he's trying to reach with his tweets.

Come on Brah, every message is not for everybody. If people already own businesses, are in the process of starting businesses, or already financially fit. I would gather they were not his target audience. Like on the days the preacher's message is about the dangers of alcohol, and loose women. I know part of that message is not intended for me because I never developed a taste for alcohol. lol

Dr. Claud Anderson

I guess is uppity too, cuz he stay saying black ppl need practice group economics.

Oh I guess he's a "hotep" and "woke" too huh LMAOO.

Yall need to cut that sh1t out.

Dr. Claud Anderson, Jason Black, Boyce Watkins, Colin Kap are the same ppl

But yet yall label folks who yall feel don't agree with yall views as "hotep" and "woke"

Sad

Come on Brah, every message is not for everybody. If people already own businesses, are in the process of starting businesses, or already financially fit. I would gather they were not his target audience. Like on the days the preacher's message is about the dangers of alcohol, and loose women. I know part of that message is not intended for me because I never developed a taste for alcohol. lol

You think those people Boyce are trying to reach actually checking for him? Nah.

It's just like Don Lemon going on that rant about a certain kind of black people needing to pick up garbage in their own neighborhoods to get more respect.

How many of those people were watching CNN on a Saturday afternoon to hear him say that?

Folks make such commentary for self-aggrandizement, not to help.

Last edited:

You think those people Boyce are trying to reach actually checking for him? Nah.

It's just like Don Lemon going on that rant about a certain kind of black people needing to pick up garbage in their own neighborhoods to get more respect.

How many of those people were watching CNN on a Saturday afternoon to hear him say that?

Folks make such commentary for self-aggrandizement, not to help.

I guess if you say so, but his Black Wealth Book Camp, appears to be helping people and changing lives. Many of his youtube videos have more than 500k views. The black business school has plenty of students. The students appear to be more satisfied than the ones that attended the school your President was operating (pun intended). Also Mr. Watkins, has an app that is rated 4.8/5 in the android play store. So somebody checking for Mr. Watkins.

We know his background, and some of what he has done.

Boyce D. Watkins is an American[1] author, economist, political analyst, and social commentator. Boyce Watkins was formerly a member of the finance faculty at Syracuse University.[2] During his academic career, Boyce Watkins was a visiting scholar with the Barbara Jordan - Mickey Leland School Of Public Affairs at Texas Southern University.

Now please share with us something you have done @Kendrick.

Dr. Claud Anderson

I guess is uppity too, cuz he stay saying black ppl need practice group economics.

Oh I guess he's a "hotep" and "woke" too huh LMAOO.

Yall need to cut that sh1t out.

Dr. Claud Anderson, Jason Black, Boyce Watkins, Colin Kap are the same ppl

But yet yall label folks who yall feel don't agree with yall views as "hotep" and "woke"

Sad

Now that's the man up yonder. Turned down political appointments back in the day because he refused to sell out Black People for the Dept. of Ed. Dr. A, puts it out there... I have much respect for his knowledge. Dr. A, is on my bucket list of people I would like to have a conversation with before he or I moves on.

Last edited:
Now that's the man up yonder. Turned down political appointments back in the day because he refused to sell out Black People for the Dept. of Ed. Dr. A, puts it out there... I have much respect for his knowledge. Dr. A, is on my bucket list of people I would like to have a conversation with before he or I moves on.
For years, he's been putting up his own money to fight for Blacks in America to get reparations. I still haven't read "Black Labor, White Wealth", but it's on my list of must-reads before 2017 comes to a close.

For years, he's been putting up his own money to fight for Blacks in America to get reparations. I still haven't read "Black Labor, White Wealth", but it's on my list of must-reads before 2017 comes to a close.
Dr. A, is a big part of the reason I started investing in real estate way back when.

I started deep in the hood with the homes that the city didn't want and would literally give them away. I started buying abandoned crack houses where the addicts and prostitutes would well do what they do. I was struggling trying to get them renovated and keep the previous occupants out. A code enforcement officer stopped by to see what was going on one day and schooled me about the city money ( given to the cities by HUD) available to fix up those homes.

If you drive by a boarded up house on a regular basis in your city you are potenitally driving by a big fat check waiting to be cashed.

I been thinking about this, because I do that sometimes. Please believe it's hard to be objective all the time, when you have been blessed/cursed to see and recognize the true impact of trends on your people. It's hard Kendrick to always be nice about it. I see 25 years from now the impact of when historically black neighborhoods have be taken over by other nationalities. I see a time when black people will belong no where. We will be the dots among other people in the areas where we should be the dominant majority. Not owning weakens us as a people. So it gets hard to stand on the corner with the bull horn begging your people to wake up when they themselves only look for the flaw in what you do.

Try helping someone you will see...

I love the knowledge you are spitting. What I've learned, and it's not a knock on Kendrick is that his generation the millennials are cuddled. We generation X come from a tough love generation. Notice no one gave us the talk or had special sessions on dealing with generation X. We had to be tough and learn to stand on our own or fail and suffer the consequences. Millennials and the upcoming generation Z need to be cuddled or spoken to soft. This will be their down fall because life is not fair. We had to learn how to get it. They don't get that. They want it handed to them. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Keep dropping knowledge bruh it motivates people like me.

I been thinking about this, because I do that sometimes. Please believe it's hard to be objective all the time, when you have been blessed/cursed to see and recognize the true impact of trends on your people. It's hard Kendrick to always be nice about it. I see 25 years from now the impact of when historically black neighborhoods have be taken over by other nationalities. I see a time when black people will belong no where. We will be the dots among other people in the areas where we should be the dominant majority. Not owning weakens us as a people. So it gets hard to stand on the corner with the bull horn begging your people to wake up when they themselves only look for the flaw in what you do.

Try helping someone you will see...

I love the knowledge you are spitting. What I've learned, and it's not a knock on Kendrick is that his generation the millennials are cuddled. We generation X come from a tough love generation. Notice no one gave us the talk or had special sessions on dealing with generation X. We had to be tough and learn to stand on our own or fail and suffer the consequences. Millennials and the upcoming generation Z need to be cuddled or spoken to soft. This will be their down fall because life is not fair. We had to learn how to get it. They don't get that. They want it handed to them. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Keep dropping knowledge bruh it motivates people like me.
Thank you Sir., I have been thinking about putting something together to help young investors get started. So when I saw a certain comment it rubbed me a little bit.

I believe Dr. B. Watkins, Dr. C. Anderson and the like all the way down to the little local guys really want to make a difference. One would have to, to put up with the crap from people who don't know shat about them but tear down their efforts and reputations. I believe if you think it's a scam/hustle, that's fine. If you not sure something is fishy shut up and move. Don't just stay in the way.

To me it's like people who ain't neva..eva spent a day in their life on any kind of institution of higher learning say "I wouldn't send my child to no Black College. They ain't going to get no job with that degree. Especially if someone for UT or a&m is applying". I just want to hand their arse a little banjo and start clapping my hands and slapping my knee.

Last edited:
It's all about pointing out something incredibly stupid and intellectually dishonest that does more harm than good and calling it as such.

By doing so isn't necessarily an act of tearing someone down. I think we've lost the ability to distinguish between legitimate criticism and what is shortsighted, reckless, narrow-minded hating.

It's ok.

Last edited:
Back