The Lincoln Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said they were ex-republicans. I said some of them were ex-republican campaign strategists. These guys are not trying to take down Trump for the greater good. They're doing so to serve their own interests. They might be anti-Trump, but they still ascribe to the same white supremacist ideals of the GOP. When the election is over, they're going to go back being who they always were -- while pocketing thousands in donations along the way.

You're right. They are still white supremacists.

They don't disagree with DonDon on policy. They disagree with him on delivery. They know being openly racist, openly corrupt, openly incompetent, and openly dishonest has damaged the Republican brand tremendously.

They simply want to put a respectable face on conservatism. While fully intending to continue to support the same policies and systems they always have for the same reasons.

This is an attempt at rebranding. To put a new label on a bottle of poison you have to ... attack ... tear off the old label.

We just have to be mindful it's the same bottle of poison.

They don't disagree with DonDon on policy. They disagree with him on delivery. They know being openly racist, openly corrupt, openly incompetent, and openly dishonest has damaged the Republican brand tremendously.

They simply want to put a respectable face on conservatism. While fully intending to continue to support the same policies and systems they always have for the same reasons.

This is an attempt at rebranding. To put a new label on a bottle of poison you have to ... attack ... tear off the old label.

Yes but that is a 2021 fight. Right now, we have to focus on the battle in front of us. We can deal with them next year.

Nobody with a brain is under the impression that these guys are doing this just for GP...

It's OK to have thick enough skin to temporarily align with a former and future adversary against a current common enemy.

Nobody with a brain is under the impression that these guys are doing this just for GP...

It's OK to have thick enough skin to temporarily align with a former and future adversary against a current common enemy.

But those LP guys are responsible for Trump. They supported candidates, positions and ideologies that have ultimately disenfranchised people, created massive inequities and led to this disfunction in government we see today.

They have blood on their hands and no fancy commercials are going change that.

These aren’t adversaries who happen to hold a difference of opinion. These people are flat out racists.

Ain’t no way anyone should align with obvious white supremacists. You can’t empower them and then expect to later defeat them.

But those LP guys are responsible for Trump. They supported candidates, positions and ideologies that have ultimately disenfranchised people, created massive inequities and led to this disfunction in government we see today.

These aren’t adversaries who happen to hold a difference of opinion. These people are flat out racists.

Ain’t no way anyone should align with obvious white supremacists. You can’t empower them and then expect to later defeat them.

Right again.

Their goal is to remove Trump, not to defeat Trumpism. They intend to continue Trumpism with a "kinder, gentler" face as George Herbert Walker Bush might say.

I understand the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". However, in this case, their enemy and our enemy are not the same. Their enemy is the clown. Our enemy is the damage the clown is doing.

They ARE our enemy because they fully intend to continue to damage the clown is doing. With a different puppet.

Therefore, they ARE NOT and CANNOT be our friends.

Is this not exactly what Putin did last time. Empower Trump so he can run over him after.

I don't give a damn.

Are they working to get rid of him in 2020? Yes. That's all that matters for now (FOR NOW).

All the other emotional platitudes can be put on hold until 2021.

This is why Dems and progressives in particular don't have what we want. A segment of us don't know how to strategize and be tactical about shit. It's all emotions, yelling and pouting if they don't get their way immediately. "Our way or the highway".. like Black folks are the ONLY scope of a President's work.

You got the MOVE/ADOS caucus of Black culture right now that's sitting out another election cycle because nobody has proposed handing out reparations, with no regard to strategizing how to get the shit. Led by hip hop folks like Ice Cube and Charlamange, who don't know shit about how to move the ball in politics in the direction they want.

Trump has literally wiped his ass with the Constitution for 3 years. Now he's sending a secret police to Chicago to attack the hoods. But they'll take 4 more years of death and destruction just because THEIR hardline demands aren't front and center. No regard with how to get the ball down the field.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't take a step forward by taking 2 steps back.

Last edited:
I don't give a damn.

Are they working to get rid of him in 2020? Yes. That's all that matters for now (FOR NOW).

So true!! This is how Hillary lost. A wave of emotional people blinded by their feelings allowed this manic in the White House. All because she said something that hurt people’s feelings back before their was even born probably. Well look at how that’s worked out. Now Trump has unleashed Federal police in unmarked cars to round people who are protesting up that text book government Tyranny and if they are doing that to white folks in Oregon just imagine what would happen when they come for black folks but hey let’s get emotional throw a tantrum and not vote give him another 4 years and see if things gets better

So true!! This is how Hillary lost. A wave of emotional people blinded by their feelings allowed this manic in the White House. All because she said something that hurt people’s feelings back before their was even born probably. Well look at how that’s worked out. Now Trump has unleashed Federal police in unmarked cars to round people who are protesting up that text book government Tyranny and if they are doing that to white folks in Oregon just imagine what would happen when they come for black folks but hey let’s get emotional throw a tantrum and not vote give him another 4 years and see if things gets better

They won't figure it out until they're in an unmarked van, or dying on a ventilator while their alma mater crumbles financially.

Black folks don't have the luxury of having tunnel vision in 2020.

I don't give a damn.

You don’t care that the founder of Project Lincoln said if he was a Darren Wilson, he would have murdered Mike Brown, too all because he’s going after Trump now?

You don’t care they actively supported people and ideas that harmed us?

That’s why this country will never move forward. So many people think getting rid of Trump will get us right back to normal when normal hasn’t necessarily been beneficial, either.

Like SuJagfan said, these people aren’t going after Trump for the greater good, they’ve trying to save the GOP. If Trump is voted out, they’re going to go right back to supporting our oppression, only with kinder faces at the forefront this time.

You don’t care that the founder of Project Lincoln said if he was a Darren Wilson, he would have murdered Mike Brown, too all because he’s going after Trump now?

Not now I do not. After the election if Biden wins? Hell yeah.

You don’t care they actively supported people and ideas that harmed us?

That’s why this country will never move forward. So many people think getting rid of Trump will get us right back to normal when normal hasn’t necessarily been beneficial, either.

Nobody said getting rid of Trump will get us back to "normal." The whole point is to MAKE PROGRESS, even if it's one small step at a time. And yes, a Joe Biden administration is a step forward despite what YOUR emotions lead you to feel. And I say emotions because his proposals and platforms are among the most progressive overall this country has ever seen. The platform addresses economic inequality, police reform and a PUBLIC OPTION and Medicare expansion (which is essentially a different flavor of Medicare For All) because his platform is taking the progressives seriously, unlike Hillary.

If you're willing to pass up those opportunities for another 4 years of this chaos, just admit that you're a Trump supporter.

Taking cues and political advice from hip hop figures is going to lead us to DOOM. Charlamange and Ice Cube aren't the Negroes who will be in real trouble under 8 years of Trump.

You can’t pretend to value black people then if you can honestly put aside displays of racial animus toward us.

You can’t pretend to value black people then if you can honestly put aside displays of racial animus toward us.

You can if they're trying to help you get rid of the POTUS who is actively targeting black people's lives right now.

Nobody is trying to invite these folks over for Sunday dinner dude. Cut the bullshit. Do you not understand how dire this situation is?

You can if they're trying to help you get rid of the POTUS who is actively targeting black people's lives right now.

Do you not understand how dire this situation is?

The situation for black people has never stopped being dire. It was dire long before Trump and it will be that way well after he’s gone unless there is a fundamental shift in how this country is governed at every level.

But people like the LP folks are the reason Trump is in the WH in the first place. They helped create the current dire situation. How you can overlook that — while acknowledging you don’t care they’ve contributed to black suffering and will continue to— is beyond me.

The situation for black people has never stopped being dire. It was dire long before Trump and it will be that way well after he’s gone unless there is a fundamental shift in how this country is governed at every level.

But people like the LP folks are the reason Trump is in the WH in the first place. They helped create the current dire situation. How you can overlook that — while acknowledging you don’t care they’ve contributed to black suffering and will continue to— is beyond me.

Do you want 4 more years of Trump?
Yes or no.

Do you want 4 more years of Trump?
Yes or no.

That's the problem with your argument. Too simplistic. Too shortsighted.

Removing Trump is not the goal. Removing Trump is not enough.

Trump is a toothless tiger without the support structure that props him up. Republicans in Congress on down to the rednecks in the deepest cranny of the woods. Defeating Trump is symbolic if we let the rest of the Republicans think they can continue their hateful ideology. Continue their corruption, greed, and cruelty without consequence.

Sure, we want Trump defeated. The bigger goal is to serve notice to the Mitch McConnell's of the world. The puppet Republican governors who make decisions supportive of Trump to the detriment of their citizens. The Karen's out there who think Black people answer to them.

The point is to let them know Donald Trump was white supremacy's last hurrah.

The United States and the world is moving forward to a more diverse world. Hopefully, one that will try to provide freedom, justice, and equality for everyone.

Trump is a toothless tiger without the support structure that props him up. Republicans in Congress on down to the rednecks in the deepest cranny of the woods. Defeating Trump is symbolic if we let the rest of the Republicans think they can continue their hateful ideology. Continue their corruption, greed, and cruelty without consequence.

Sure, we want Trump defeated. The bigger goal is to serve notice to the Mitch McConnell's of the world. The puppet Republican governors who make decisions supportive of Trump to the detriment of their citizens. The Karen's out there who think Black people answer to them.

The United States and the world is moving forward to a more diverse world. Hopefully, one that will try to provide freedom, justice, and equality for everyone.

I already laid out Biden's policy positions as reasons aside from "just getting rid of Trump."

Nobody wants to address that because it invalidates their flawed, bullshit, baseless argument that Biden is just Trump-lite.

So answer the question.

Do you want 4 more years of this? Yes or no?

I already laid out Biden's policy positions as reasons aside from "just getting rid of Trump."

Nobody wants to address that because it invalidates their flawed, bullshit, baseless argument that Biden is just Trump-lite.

So answer the question.

Do you want 4 more years of this? Yes or no?

I already answered that simple yes or no question. And showed it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

What I want ... and what I believe most reasonable people want ... is so much more than simply defeating Donald Trump.

I already answered that simple yes or no question. And showed it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

What I want ... and what I believe most reasonable people want ... is so much more than simply defeating Donald Trump.

What is your position on Joe Biden's policy platforms as laid out on his website, and how do they differ from Trumps?

What is your position on Joe Biden's policy platforms as laid out on his website, and how do they differ from Trumps?

I don't put a lot of credence in what politicians say. I watch what they do.

With that said, I have a long-standing distrust of both political parties. I've seen how policies passed and supported by both parties have been harmful to Black people.

I recognize Donald Trump and Joe Biden are white men of nearly the same age. The same generation. Born in a segregated America, went through the Civil Rights movement as part of the privileged group, and now face a future where the demographics of America are changing drastically. Not in their favor. On a fundamental level, I don't believe there has been a lot of difference between Trump and Biden. They are the embodiment of my saying "two sides of the same white supremacist coin".

I don't have a problem with people striving to defeat Trump. It has to be done. However, when it is done, we have to remember we want fundamental change in this country and not just figurative change. Less vulgar policies, not simply a less vulgar President. Smarter governing, not simply removing a dumb President. We want actual justice, not simply removing an unjust, wicked, and evil man from office.

That's the way I see it anyway ....

Last edited:

Right now it IS that simple. Get this crook out of office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back