The Kappa Alpha Psi Chapter at Morgan State University rejects a gay student.

sometimes you seem cool.. and then.... :lmao:

LMAO don't take it like that TP... but seriously though, when I first came down here to go to college I really thought all the kappas on the yards were iffy, still seems like the majority are sweet though

Well, I don't agree with this at all but that is why, even tho I work my fingers to the bone for Kappa (I will be up half the night doing KAPPA work tonight), I don't participate in any intake stuff..no interest meetings, no interviews, no writing letters, no voting. PERIOD. ..and if I am there, I just vote no for everybody.

I was a 4.0 type of guy in college but that didn't qualify me to be a Kappa. The requirement is a 2.5, 2.7 or something. The only requirement there is to be a Kappa is if WE like you. If we don't like you cause you fat, stank, walk funny, gay, missing a tooth, or cause you took our girl.. :lol: , it does not matter. We don't like you and you can't join. :lmao: I know it may sound petty but it is what it is.. or it was what it was. The women started all of this tho.. calling headquarters asking why they didn't take their daughter or granddaugher.. and it just spread. They didn't take your daughter because THEY DIDN'T LIKE HER! Period.

Do people die if they don't get in? If not, move on and just be a church deacon or something.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The real question is did they deny him because he was gay or did they deny him because he simply didn't fit in with the folks in the particular chapter? Folks get denied membership for various reasons.

Well, I don't agree with this at all but that is why, even tho I work my fingers to the bone for Kappa (I will be up half the night doing KAPPA work tonight), I don't participate in any intake stuff..no interest meetings, no interviews, no writing letters, no voting. PERIOD. ..and if I am there, I just vote no for everybody.

I was a 4.0 type of guy in college but that didn't qualify me to be a Kappa. The requirement is a 2.5, 2.7 or something. The only requirement there is to be a Kappa is if WE like you. If we don't like you cause you fat, stank, walk funny, gay, missing a tooth, or cause you took our girl.. :lol: , it does not matter. We don't like you and you can't join. :lmao: I know it may sound petty but it is what it is.. or it was what it was. The women started all of this tho.. calling headquarters asking why they didn't take their daughter or granddaugher.. and it just spread. They didn't take your daughter because THEY DIDN'T LIKE HER! Period.

Do people die if they don't get in? If not, move on and just be a church deacon or something.

Nope, they just pledge Grad Chapter somewhere if they don't get in Under Grad. LOL. You know the deal.

Nope, they just pledge Grad Chapter somewhere if they don't get in Under Grad. LOL. You know the deal.

Everybody pledge or go through the intake process in a grad chapter now, since there's a moratorium on undergrad pledging. Once the process is completed, they are placed in their prospective undergrad chapters. I believe the Ques were the last ones to start the intake process, which they adopted in 1991.

Some grad chapters... :smh: There is a Kappa Chapter in ATL who accepted a dude that any Kappa from JSU would NEVER want in. The intake chairman knows me and plenty of people who went to JSU. I have no idea why he didn't call anybody. We laid his azz out when it was all over tho. That dude is the shadiest person in the world. He asked me for a letter once and I flat out told his azz NO! When I was involved in intake, if you went to SU, I called the Southern bruhs I knew and see what the REAL deal was. If you went to FAMU, I contacted the FAMU bruhs I knew and find out what you were about. I had this dude from Norfolk wanna beat me up 'cause I checked his status. :lol: I was a lowdown dirty bastard in my young days. It was so much fun tho. :D Seems soooooooooooooo long ago. :( One thing I ALWAYS looked for was letters from members of your undergrad chapter so the "just going grad" mentality was not gonna fly with me. If you 22 or 23 years old, you should know some Kappas from your school unless there was no chapter there. If you had NO letters from the guys in your undergrad chapter, my first question was why. 99% of the time, that ended the interview for me.

Last edited:
Some grad chapters... :smh: There is a Kappa Chapter in ATL who accepted a dude that any Kappa from JSU would NEVER want in. The intake chairman knows me and plenty of people who went to JSU. I have no idea why he didn't call anybody. We laid his azz out when it was all over tho. That dude is the shadiest person in the world. He asked me for a letter once and I flat out told his azz NO! When I was involved in intake, if you went to SU, I called the Southern bruhs I knew and see what the REAL deal was. If you went to FAMU, I contacted the FAMU bruhs I knew and find out what you were about. I had this dude from Norfolk wanna beat me up 'cause I checked his status. :lol: I was a lowdown dirty bastard in my young days. It was so much fun tho. :D Seems soooooooooooooo long ago. :( One thing I ALWAYS looked for was letters from members of your undergrad chapter so the "just going grad" mentality was not gonna fly with me. If you 22 or 23 years old, you should know some Kappas from your school unless there was no chapter there. If you had NO letters from the guys in your undergrad chapter, my first question was why. 99% of the time, that ended the interview for me.

In most cases, there's someone from your school's undergrad chapter that's not far away or in the Grad Chapter they are trying to join. What the Ques like to see, have individuals ever tried to reach out to the Bruhz prior to joining a Grad Chapter. I've seen chapters place their intake process on hold in submitting names to their National HQ, until they find out more about certain individuals. In OMEGA, once names are submitted to our National HQ, they are hard to retract.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to make the Kappas look bad, but if you read the article, you'll noticed the gay individual dreamed of becoming a Kappa because his mentor was a member. I do believe this person saw something in Kappa Alpha Psi that he really liked and can relate to.

so you're saying the man saw something "gay-like" in kappa alpha psi that intrigued him? :lol:

What about the gay members of all the other fraternities?

That shimmying shit they do is not masculine at all. They carry themselves like homosexuals so how can they be mad when one tries to join?

Shyyytttttt...a Kappa that knows how to do it right looks SEXY AS HELL!!! :clap: :clap: I don't think they are shimmying for a man anyway! :lol:

The real question is did they deny him because he was gay or did they deny him because he simply didn't fit in with the folks in the particular chapter? Folks get denied membership for various reasons.

Exactly. And if they weren't discussing it via e-mail (internet messages), which eventually got back to him...they wouldn't have to give an explanation. But the e-mails did them in.

While I don't know if Kappa Alpha Psi allows discrimination...Morgan State doesn't.

so you're saying the man saw something "gay-like" in kappa alpha psi that intrigued him? :lol:

What about the gay members of all the other fraternities?

I'm sure there are gay men in every fraternity and lesbian women in every sorority, but most of them probably stayed on the DL before and during their pledge process. This dude came straight out and said he was gay and still wanted to pledge Kappa. Somehow he figured that being gay was cool with the Kappas. I guess you like your man to consider himself sweet and pretty.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are gay men in every fraternity and lesbian women in every sorority, but most of them probably stayed on the DL before and during their pledge process. This dude came straight out and said he was gay and still wanted to pledge Kappa. Somehow he figured that being gay was cool with the Kappas. I guess you like your man to consider himself sweet and pretty.

:lol:

Don't worry about how I like my men...just worry about how you like yours. :tup:

I don't see how you just put the two together.

He came straight out and said he was gay. He still wanted to pledge Kappa. The way I'm looking at it...one has nothing to do with the other.

I read the same article and took his experience to be similar to mine. I was impressed with the acts of kindness and services performed in my community by a friend of my parents and her Sorority sisters. Which led me to wanting to become a member of the Greatest Sorority ever!! :clap: :clap:

Why is it different when he says it? :noidea:

Don't worry about how I like my men...just worry about how you like yours. :tup:

I don't see how you just put the two together.

He came straight out and said he was gay. He still wanted to pledge Kappa. The way I'm looking at it...one has nothing to do with the other.

I read the same article and took his experience to be similar to mine. I was impressed with the acts of kindness and services performed in my community by a friend of my parents and her Sorority sisters. Which led me to wanting to become a member of the Greatest Sorority ever!! :clap: :clap:

Why is it different when he says it? :noidea:

I don't know about the Kappas, but MANHOOD is the first and foremost cardinal principle in my fraternity. And by the way, I like my WOMAN sweet and pretty with a lot of freak in her when it's time to get busy. :lol:

I don't know about the Kappas, but MANHOOD is the first and foremost cardinal principle in my fraternity. And by the way, I like my WOMAN sweet and pretty with a lot of freak in her when it's time to get busy. :lol:

But you have gay members in your fraternity as well....soooooo.....:popcorn:

Hold on, JAG89. I gotta be fair here.

We're talking about contradictions. Like the contradiction between manhood and men calling each other pretty/sweet. But, how are you going to say manhood is the foremost cardinal principle of your fraternity when your fraternity brothers are bucket nekkid in the club and humping on each other? Dick to booty everywhere? As far as I'm concerned THAT'S THE GAY TOO!!!! It's definitely not manly.

So, it appears that y'all have a similar contradiction. So called "manly" principles, not so manly behavior.

Hold up Jagfan... :lol: Bruhz may get nekkid but we ain't humping on each other in the club...

To SS point. There are gay people in every organization. It is tough though. I know a few gay ques and only one of them is really embraced by other bruhz. The other ones never come around.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I doubt they publicized that they were gay before they pledged. If a known lesbian tries to join your sorority, do you think she would get in?

Yeah she will get in...It's has happened. :lol: One of my LS's is gay.

And yeah...I know an Omega who was known to be gay before joining. More than one actually.

While I understand why this is an complex issue for Fraternities/Black men, or rather...while I will never truly understand why this is a complex issue for Black men because I'm not a black man, I so wish we could get over it because, to me...it's such a small issue for us/BGLO's to focus on.

Now...with this specific case. Here's a young man that appears to have an exceptional resume, but because he's gay...he's denied entrance to an organization that can benefit from him and he can greatly benefit from.

So the discussion begins...and while I expect to hear undergrads agree with why he was denied (because he's gay)...I am a little like, "wow" to hear older members agree with the reasoning. Not just on TSPN...I actually first saw this posted on FB from a member of a local Alumni chapter of KAPsi. I expect to hear undergrads agree with denying him membership because they think like undergrads...immature. But as an adult and older member of the Sorority continuing to work for the Sorority's purpose...I see that membership in this organization is so much bigger than how someone looks, who she dates, or what kind of car she drives.

If he has the gpa, commitment to service and helping minorities in local communities, etc. why does it matter who he sleeps with?

I"m ASSuming...based on his resume of interning with the FLOTUS...he's not walking around campus in heels or dressing up like a Jsette dancing at the games. I'm ASSuming...he's carrying himself in a respectable manner and that he (unfortunately :lol:) likes men. So what's the problem?

Last edited:

We're talking about contradictions. Like the contradiction between manhood and men calling each other pretty/sweet. But, how are you going to say manhood is the foremost cardinal principle of your fraternity when your fraternity brothers are bucket nekkid in the club and humping on each other? Dick to booty everywhere? As far as I'm concerned THAT'S THE GAY TOO!!!! It's definitely not manly.

So, it appears that y'all have a similar contradiction. So called "manly" principles, not so manly behavior.

:emlaugh:

PREACH!!! :clap: :clap:

I'll take men shimmying in a nice outfit (khaki or jeans and nice shirt) EVERY DAY over a man walking around in a gold thong, dog collar, with gold boots on jumping around with other men. :shame:

So you were there watching them???? And took it all in. If I saw some shyt like that I'm getting the fvck out of the club. :lol:

Last edited:
:emlaugh:

PREACH!!! :clap: :clap:

I'll take men shimmying in a nice outfit (khaki or jeans and nice shirt) EVERY DAY over a man walking around in a gold thong, dog collar, with gold boots on jumping around with other men. :shame:

I bet you thought this was a beautiful wedding. :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V92tbalSTm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I bet you thought this was a beautiful wedding. :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V92tbalSTm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is that the wedding of the two Kappas?!

It was pretty...but not beautiful?! :lol:

The color coordination was the bomb.com! Decorations, etc. Can't knock that. But no...not beautiful.

So you were there watching them???? And took it all in. If I saw some shyt like that I'm getting the fvck out of the club. :lol:

I did.

These guys were ... hopping ... whatever y'all call that and the hop changed to some sorta thing where they linked up ... hooked up ... whatever ... and continued around the party. Nekkid dick to booty.

I walked the fugg out. Right then and there. :shame:

I haven't been to another Que event since. That was 20 - 25 years ago. :lol:

Is that the wedding of the two Kappas?!

It was pretty...but not beautiful?! :lol:

The color coordination was the bomb.com! Decorations, etc. Can't knock that. But no...not beautiful.

Well, I knew you like something about it. :lol:

I did.

These guys were ... hopping ... whatever y'all call that and the hop changed to some sorta thing where they linked up ... hooked up ... whatever ... and continued around the party. Nekkid dick to booty.

I walked the fugg out. Right then and there. :shame:

I haven't been to another Que event since. That was 20 - 25 years ago. :lol:

Dude, you know way too much details to say you just walk in and walk out. :lol:

By the way SS, you refused to answer one of my questions. Would you let a known lesbian join your sorority? I'm sure there are plenty that are already members of your sorority.

Last edited:
Back