The Big Ten, Pac12 & SEC has moved to a conference only schedule

When the first kid dies or their family members die, lawsuits will be filed.

They're not realizing that death isn't the only negative impact from covid. There are longterm health ramifications. For those trying to make it to the nfl, good luck trying to pass a physical with damaged lungs or other organs. These schools have already used them at that point and has the next man lined up.

The adults in the room are supposed to make decisions, not the kids. Kill these kids, they will commit suicide if its left up to them, the adults are supposed to not do that.

Report: COVID-19 linked heart condition driving concerns about college sports

An inflammation of the heart called myocarditis has been discovered in at least 5 Big Ten athletes and among several others in other conferences, ESPN reports.

A rare condition that causes inflammation of the heart muscle and which could be linked to COVID-19 has been a central concern for Power 5 conference leaders deliberating a return to college sports in the fall, according to ESPN.

The condition known as myocarditis has been discovered in at least five athletes in the Big Ten Conference along with "several other" college athletes in other conferences, ESPN reported while citing two sources familiar with the athlete's medical care.

I understand that the fans and most coaches - dabo, saban etc.. dont give a sh*t about those kids or their families lives beyond the season, but the kids and their families have to live with the death or long term issues from coronavirus. The universities will have to PAY if this starts before Moscow mitch and agent orange gets a law removing liability for businesses.
:popcorn:

I hope these kids are not STUPID enough to sign forms that wave their right to sue the universities and conferences.
:tiptoe:

SEC stands for Spreading Extra Coronavirus...that's the campaign right now from the slavemaster Presidents ADs & Coaches lol

Once a player or his family is injured because of the virus - the university and the conference will pay, the lawyers let the big 10 know the truth. If someone dies - $$$$$$$$$$$

Not if some high school kid playing football gets it first. It will then be the battle of who gets sued the fastest.

Nebraska continues to be the most delusional FBS program this side of Texas A&M. How many times are they gonna overestimate their importance to these conferences? They add nothing. I'm glad that brotha put his foot down.

Big Ten commissioner shoots down Nebraska’s hopes of playing outside conference this season

First-year Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren endured his first truly tumultuous news cycle this week. Through all the emotional crosswinds and open-fire antagonism, no Big Ten school’s petulance stood out like Nebraska.

Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost held a news conference Monday to essentially announce that Nebraska would attempt go rogue if the Big Ten canceled the fall football season. The news conference doubled as a pep rally and the local media jumped aboard, speculating about future opponents without bothering to Google the phrase “grant of rights.”

The entire University of Nebraska doubled down on Frost’s chestiness on Tuesday in the wake of the Big Ten’s decision to cancel the fall season, saying it was “very disappointed.” The release included everyone from the chancellor to the coach and said Nebraska “[hopes] it may be possible for our student-athletes to have the opportunity to compete.” In other words, they stood on their porch in Lincoln and flipped off Warren in unison.

When Warren was asked specifically by Yahoo Sports if Nebraska could play college football this fall, he gave an answer that would make his hardline predecessor nod with approval.

“No,” he said, firmly. “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

Has anyone heard it the SEC, BIG 12 and ACC are going to allow fans in the stadiums?

Silent Saturdays: College towns weigh a fall without football

The excitement starts building a hundred hours before kickoff.

Seven Saturdays every fall, RVs from every point on the compass roll onto the Palouse in Eastern Washington bound for Pullman, home of Washington State University. Alumni roam campus, deciding which of their stories they can share with their children. Bars along Colorado Street call in extra staff. The Cougar Marching Band tunes up as Butch T. Cougar gets loose.

More than 2,000 miles to the east, State College, Pennsylvania, fills to bursting as alumni of Penn State return up U.S. 322 to Happy Valley, swarming the restaurants, college bookstores and streets on campus. Nobody sleeps very much on gameday weekends. Some fans post up on the route the team buses take to Beaver Stadium; others head to The Creamery for some pregame ice cream. Everyone’s angling to get a photo with the Nittany Lion as the Blue Band plays all day long. From dawn to long past sunset, chants of “WE ARE!” ring out across Happy Valley.

That’s how it ran until this year, and that’s how it might run in 2021. For now, though, towns like Pullman and State College, inextricably linked to their universities and their football teams, are looking at a desolate fall and an uncertain future.

Big Ten commissioner: Nebraska can't remain Big Ten member if it plays football this fall

After twice evading the question on the Big Ten Network, Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren, in an interview with Yahoo! Sports, said Nebraska is not allowed to pursue a fall football schedule after the league chose to postpone its season until spring 2021.
"No," Warren said to Yahoo! “Not and be a member of the Big Ten Conference.”

We will see how right or wrong the following quote is (link).

I do not think there will be football this fall, but let's say I am wrong. I think the SEC will try to play some games though I do not think they should. Before mid October they will see how disastrous the decision is. Therefore, they will end the season very early.

sports.yahoo.com/sec-commissioner-greg-sankey-very-concerned-about-college-football-season-we-are-running-out-of-time-163429611.html

sports.yahoo.com/time-to-face-reality-no-one-is-playing-college-football-in-the-fall-170634809.html

My brother estimated is will take a minimum of 8 extra buses per game for them to travel to games if they play. This is going to be a huge amount of money for a high school to expend.

View: https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1299379788369596416

I do not know about the West and East Coasts, but he was right about the south and Midwest.

----------

“On the East Coast, football is a cultural experience. In the Midwest, it’s a form of cannibalism. On the West Coast, it’s a tourist attraction. And in the South, football is a religion, and Saturday is the holy day.”

- Marino Casem

Back