The 2009 BET Awards Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, judging by these comments I am glad I opted not to watch the BET Awards show for the eighth straight year. :lol: These events are taken way too seriously by the public anyway. It would be like getting upset over how the ESPYs were produced.

Last edited:
BET had 2.5 days to prepare this show and you wanted them to gut it for Michael. All the people you listed with the exception of Alicia and Ciara may have had other plans and contractual obligations and could not make the show in such short notice. Usher was with Liza Minnelli Saturday(don't know what that was about) but apparently he was not prepared to show. Chris Brown want be invited back to any award show until he gets a hit and he still may be black balled.

BET was running Micheal Videos and running Micheal stuff most of the day Friday and Thursday night. They also still have to answer to sponsors and so they had to at least do a show. Was they suppose to sing all Michael songs the whole night? The Ojays flew in for the show then you tell them oh well Michael died wait till next year. They let people give their respect, during presentations, in between performances. They had New Addition, Ne YO, Jamie,Ciara giving Mike a tribute. Man Janet even showed up. That's all you can ask for in such a short notice.

we not bout to go back and forth bout this. You quoted me when I was in the middle of watching the show anticipating different things talkin to someone else who was watching the show. Sorry you mistaked my statements for needing a run down on the ins and outs of whys and nots, cause that aint what it was. nothing you're saying can change how I felt in the moment, but you can continue if you like, but its over....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
But how much can they do in such a short time?. MTV,VH1 and BET was running Michaell memories from the jump. CNN,ABC. etc...Michael is getting his respect and flowers. The Ojays were already on the show so why shelve them and make them wait til next year. That's not right.

I told her the same thing of facebook. It was the awards show and they couldn't scrap the entire show and do a tribute show. I'm sure they will have a wonderful show put together in weeks and months to come. It will be moving and appropriate and not last minute thrown together.

It also amazes me how the young ladies in the audience could sing along with Lil Wayne's song ... The real lyrics say "I want to F**gg every girl in the world" ... and still expect dudes to respect them when they don't respect themselves.

Thames, I say this all the time. I am older than all of you and the O'Jays singing Let Me Make Love to You made a woman WANT to be with a man in the 70s and 80s. The "music" is so disrespectful and they let men just talk to them any kind of way. :(

we not bout to go back and forth bout this. You quoted me when I was in the middle of watching the show anticipating different things talkin to someone else who was watching the show. Sorry you mistaked my statements for needing a run down on the ins and outs of whys and nots, cause that aint what it was. nothing you're saying can change how I felt in the moment, but you can continue if you like, but its over....

You're upset and I'm sorry. I think he was only trying to explain what was going on as a way of reassuring you, no malice intent towards you at all. Calm it down missy. It's gone be okay! :kiss:

I told her the same thing of facebook. It was the awards show and they couldn't scrap the entire show and do a tribute show. I'm sure they will have a wonderful show put together in weeks and months to come. It will be moving and appropriate and not last minute thrown together.

You're upset and I'm sorry. I think he was only trying to explain what was going on as a way of reassuring you, no malice intent towards you at all. Calm it down missy. It's gone be okay! :kiss:

I don't think i ever said i expected them to scrap the entire show for a tribute show. I expected a different type of tribute to him within the show, thats my own personal opinion about it, which is why I tuned in. I forgot to mention that I had no intentions on watching the show until Mike passed. So my expectations were different from others. Like I said when I quoted Thames, I don't watch BET so I anticipated a different type of tribute, even with the short time frame.

And calm what down? there is no escalation in my comments, just stated that I didn't need an explanation cause my comments weren't questions, but my personal opinion(in response to what I was seeing) in that moment. :tup:

Based upon the comments I've read, I missed nothing so BET completely met the expectations I would've had for them to shine brightly during a very dim hour.

Good job BET! You never let me down. lol :bowdown:

This was my first time watching the show in a few years and despite some of the performances and some of potential ramifications from the FCC, I enjoyed the show.

Jamie Fox as host - :tup:
Beyonce - even in the weird christmas tree dress - sexy :tup:
Keri Hilson - plus her mom - SEXY - :tup:
90's throwbacks - :tup:
Don Cornelius - :(

The list goes on, but but overall the show was cool, especially if you followed the comments on Facebook... :lmao:

Chris Brown want be invited back to any award show until he gets a hit and he still may be black balled.

I heard on Tom Joyner this morning that Chris Brown was suppose to perform but Jay-Z put a Diva move and said that if he did then he wouldn't. His wife cause trouble also because she couldn't do the Michael song she wanted to do, so her original routine was craped in which she was to open the show. a damn :shame:

I heard on Tom Joyner this morning that Chris Brown was suppose to perform but Jay-Z put a Diva move and said that if he did then he wouldn't. His wife cause trouble also because she couldn't do the Michael song she wanted to do, so her original routine was craped in which she was to open the show. a damn :shame:

Yeah, I heard that too. I was dissapointed but understood why Chris Brown didn't perform.....I know a couple of years ago he did a MJ show for an MTV awards I think...

I prefer Mo'Nique as the host of the BET awards. Some things James Foxx said about Michael Jackson were just inappropriate.

:lol: I'm lovin this blast from the past! Keith Sweat, Guy, BBD, hell that is a concert i'd pay some money to see!

Me Tooooo! i was just trying to remember when New Edition is coming to the ATL....I got to see them.

Good point. Ciara at least held the tune for a moment, but she would have smoked the stage.

I could have swooooooooooorn Ciara was gone get up and shake a leg. But i was glad she SAT DOWN to sing that song to show that she has a littttttle bit of singing talent. She can atleast hit and hold a note in the right key. Progress.

thank you tyrese for holding down for us dark skinned brothers..

Uwwwww Tyrese was looking good...lol. I love baby boy, "I HAAAAAATE YOU JO-DY!" lmao :lol:

I NEVER watch BET. It is a hot assed mess. (thanks Nita) I only watched to see what they would say about Michael. I was only glad I watched that bullshit when Janet appeared.

My heart goes out to them as a family. But let's not be naive, Michael Jackson was one weird, confused, fugg in the head bastard and his eccentries are part of the story too. I don't think it should be sugar coated and it should be discussed. He was a drug abuser, who had mental and emotional issues. He was also a genius talent. :clap:

That's MY OPINION.

I NEVER watch BET.
My heart goes out to them as a family. But let's not be naive, Michael Jackson was one weird, confused, fugg in the head bastard and his eccentries are part of the story too. I don't think it should be sugar coated and it should be discussed. He was a drug abuser, who had mental and emotional issues. He was also a genius talent. :clap:

That's MY OPINION.

I hear ya! I respect your opinion. However, it saddens me that mainstream media is on a blitz to report so much negative about MJ. In my opinion most musical geniuses are a little strange and they live in bubble their entire life. Here is a man who never had a childhood and has been under tremendous amount of pressure for years, and yet has given us so much of his life musically. I have never walked in his shoes so I refuse to criticize him. I am sure some of the haters on Fox and CNN will take care of that. I much rather celebrate his life and his accomplishments.

As far as my opinion about the show, I think BET did an a pretty good job for the short time they had to prepare.

I can't believe so many people are upset over a music awards show that has a history of featuring over the top and controversial acts/moments in its production. :lol: It's not the UN proceedings or a roundtable discussion on health care. It's entertainment. :lol:

I am glad I watched Mets-Yankees last night.

We really did not know Michael Jackson or never met him personally; our opinions of him are solely based on how the media portrayed him. :lecture:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We really did not know Michael Jackson or never met him personally; our opinions of him are solely based on how the media portrayed him. :lecture:

You are right, man. In private Michael Jackson could have been the nicest man in the world or the worst man in the world, crazy or sane or misunderstood. I mean, we don't know. That is why I don't have a problem with the media mentioning some of the challenges he endured.

The EBT Awards: Food Stamp Quality (per my facebook Note)
From start to finish, while it’s on.

The Pre-Show:

Hurricane Chris: Your Halle Berry dance is the reason why men should get necked.

Day 26: That's the only award you will ever get. Live it up.

Pleasure P: That's why your ass in Number 2.

New Boyz: The ‘re-Jerk†is nothing but the Heel Tow reincarnated.

Rosci: Why are you not u fired? Terrence, you too!

The Show: (Jackson State Sonic Boom enter here)

Jamie Foxx: Drunk as hell. I understand the pressure, but really.

New Edition: Hang it up. I would have preferred B2k, B5, HELL Day 26.

Keri Hilson: I liked it, but that last lil' dedication to BAD...was BAD.

Jamie and T Pain: Travis Parker DID THAT! T Pain hands down is the ugliest 25 yr old alive....wait, then there's Wayne.

Speaking of Toya and Tiny....Tiny, you can't read? My eyes are big by birth, why are you bucking yours! Toya aka Wayne’s nut cache...Please!

Frankie and Neffe should be called Crackheads Gone Wild. I heart Keisha and understand her patience.

Nominees: How do you not NAME THEM!
Time crunch? It’s your damn channel and show? What...you're going to run over into
your broadcast of The Cookout???

Ne-Yo: Thank you YOU DID THAT! Loved it.

Soulja Boy: Literally hopped out the bed. That song only has effect if a) you're drunk. B) you're high or c) both

Beyonce: a GRAMMY show performance. Wasted on BET. I saw the church steeple and KNEW “Single Ladies†followed. Nope. She had the swimsuit on singing Ava Maria! Now, I liked the performance and she did do a switch up, but B’ you had to know the coons watching the awards was not going to realize that your versatility, boo. It’s a DIVA thing, they wouldn’t understand.

SKANK robbers: I'm mad bc I enjoyed it!

Mary Mary: Loved the song...the pants, not so much.

Best actress: Zoe it’s called class. We didn't need to know ole lady was doing number 2.

Jamie and Ne Yo: Ne Yo sounds really good, but overkill of Jamie.
He's the host...he doesn't have to perform every break.

NEW JACK SWING DEDICATION: Guy...Aaron Hall was struggling bit he's old so no love lost. BBD, I thought they forgot the words! That was it???? Where was Blackstreet? H Town? Alicia Keyes dedication was better.

Housewives of ATL: Damn, Ne Ne is BIG. Like line backer big.

Ciara Heals the World...Beyonce should have did that! Ciara should have done a version of Thriller, where she danced...and not sing! But I will rock that jacket.

Keisha Cole is a great example of how big a** tattoos can make the cutest girl look classless. I swear she's a female Tupac...Thug life across of stomach LOL. Monica, I loved that outfit and hair cut. Sounded good! Who is this homo thug they panned to singing the hell out that song with his tattoos, haircut designs and gold tooth??? The ladies did great though.
Monica ummm took over. LOL

Stop panning to Kanye and that ugly a** chick. Please and I thank you!

CitiTrends advertising on BET? Geezus.

JUSTIN Timberlake comment is so funny yet true.

BET do your producers understand TIMING?

Beyonce...poor girl, was looking like...really confused. ..I swear she looked like some bodies older sisters yearbook picture with that dress. Jamie’s drunken ass needs to sit down. He is doing the most.

Jay Z...good as anticipated. Love when he crossed his music over. Live band makes for a great RAP performance. Hova...Hova...Hova...

Side note...Joe Jackson’s face looks like it’s molded from play dough. He, hands down is the scariest looking mofo alive.

Akeelah and the Bee chick, NICE VOICE.

Jamie and the fans...*hangs head* Never will I sit wit broke ass people, because that's exactly how they act.

Don Cornelius can put you to sleep. . . Dryyy eyess....

O'Jays dedication about to come on!
I am double over laughing out loud for seeing Tevin Campbell is like seeing a unicorn. Hahahahahahaha...
Tyrese is appropriate. So appropriate. Trey babyyyy thank you for realizing you are not an alto! Stay in that soprano zone. But Tyrese is killing this! Oh shit Trey Songs on Stairway To Heaven....the door is open...well was until you did that long note. Johnny iSigh. Tyrese did it! Just reminded Gerald Levert died....ahh man. Don Cornelius does not know Trey Songs ....just forgot. LOL

Dancing and shit...classic.
Are the OJays finished? (40 mins later) They had the camera on Soulja Boy and he looked so LOST. Young Tell'em...its called music!

Johnny Gill, you are so not closeted anymore.

Hahahhahaa Debra Lee, Boondocks has forever immortalized you....I just see you rubbing a dead animal! No matter what you say...LOL

I will say this though. Mike Jackson’s humanitarian efforts outweigh his music (TO ME). Selflessness is a wonderful trait. Alicia Keys has a teen’s program??? (Googling now) I heart her!
Youth are the underdog voices in this world! They feel voiceless! Yes, new found respect for Alicia Keys. Best segment of the show for me thus far. (Not that I didn't have it before)
Nothing against Haitians, and I applaud Wyclef....but I see the populations of homeless next door. So I understand him helping his country. I wish more AMERICAN natives did the same. Stop adopting kids from Laos, and take in your abandoned niece your sister is too strung out to care for. Stop making grandmothers parents all over again! Since some of us only understand music, listen to 'Man In the Mirror' and 'Earth Song', two of my favorite songs PERIOD.

BET's Humanitarian award is the jug.

Taraji is NOT acting. Her ass is ghetto.

WtFlyingF? Tiny....Accepting an award on TIP's behalf? iDIED. Question, why are most mixed girls the MOST ghetto? What are you trying to prove? All black people are not ghetto so you don't need to prove yourselves (if that's what you're trying to convey).

Ving Rames....GUNS as a comparison to anything that should be positive...the sad part, I know hood ass people who would agree. You see Taraji ass was the ONLY mofo repeating what he said. Tyrese looked like he wanted to kick his ass for being stupid. LOL

Beyonce won something???

Maxwell....love that single. This guy referred to me and Pretty Wings in my honesty box. Listened to the words...I'm touched.
Why is Coming to America come to mind....who is going to clean up these roses!

Drake! He can't do any wrong to me. Oh Em Gee...I love him! I love him! I love him! Damn shame, I just realized my growing lust for him In my history of yellow boys, they all resemble Drake. I don't think they could write, act or sing though...wait....I'm getting off track. Damn it Drake...um, I just want to meet him. Anyone that knows him, his publicist, sister, or 3rd cousin. (I will take stalker status on this one!) I don't like this version of Every Girl. AT all. You can't bleep and be effective. Who are these randoms surrounding Drake???? Stop pulling from the broke ass section of the audience...I'm still going to the concert August 9th. Did I mention, I love Drake? You won't find a fan bigger than me.

Baby and Wayne still doing the daddy/son act? Okay....

*reading statuses* I know y'all dumb asses DID NOT thing the Young Money performance was a dedication to MJ. Kill yourselves for even publicly admitting that. That was the last group performance. C'mon...Every Girl. Stay Strapped...

Janet....ahhhh, I just really wanted to cry. OMG. Dumb ass audience members have no respect for the bereaved, yelling while she trying to hold it together.

I really don't want to hear Jami Foxx sing anymore tonight. No, I'm so serious.

I knew something was wrong with him. :lol: But he still did a pretty good job as host. :tup:

Shid. :lol: But hey, I'mma die hard NE fan. :nod:

Frankie and Neffe should be called Crackheads Gone Wild.

:emlaugh: I love me some Frankie. HOOOOOLLA!!!! :lol:

Time crunch? It’s your damn channel and show? What...you're going to run over into

I know, right?? Either that or Soul Plane. :lol:

He really did. Good shat. :tup:

Beyonce: a GRAMMY show performance. Wasted on BET. I saw the church steeple and KNEW “Single Ladiesâ€￾ followed. Nope. She had the swimsuit on singing Ava Maria! Now, I liked the performance and she did do a switch up, but B’ you had to know the coons watching the awards was not going to realize that your versatility, boo. It’s a DIVA thing, they wouldn’t understand.

I can't believe I'm about to say this cause I'm soooo anti-Beyonce.....but I actually enjoyed her performance and I agree with your DIVA comment. It's called "versatility" which is something I can appreciate from any artist. :nod:

NEW JACK SWING DEDICATION: Guy...Aaron Hall was struggling bit he's old so no love lost. BBD, I thought they forgot the words! That was it???? Where was Blackstreet? H Town? Alicia Keyes dedication was better.

Aaron Hall sounded HORRIBLE. Da hell happened to his voice?? :what: Although I enjoyed the New Jack Swing dedication, it would have been better if Bobby Brown was added IMO.

Okay? I had no idea she was that big!! :what:

Who da fucc is she? And everybody can't rock a bald head.......she's one of them. :smh:

Get out my head!!!! :lol: Just fabulous!!! :emlaugh:

I am double over laughing out loud for seeing Tevin Campbell is like seeing a unicorn.

Tevin did the dayum thang. I'm ready for a comeback now. :nod: :tup:

Tyrese is appropriate. So appropriate. Trey babyyyy thank you for realizing you are not an alto! Stay in that soprano zone. But Tyrese is killing this!

Tyrese almost made me tho my panties at the TV. :lol: :tup:

See Tyrese comment above. :lol:

Ving Rames....GUNS as a comparison to anything that should be positive...the sad part, I know hood ass people who would agree. You see Taraji ass was the ONLY mofo repeating what he said. Tyrese looked like he wanted to kick his ass for being stupid. LOL

I couldn't tell if they were for real or acting. :retard:

Janet....ahhhh, I just really wanted to cry. OMG. Dumb ass audience members have no respect for the bereaved, yelling while she trying to hold it together.

I did cry.......it finally hit me last night that a part of my childhood that MJ represented is gone. :bawling: But his music and memories will live on forever. :tup:

Wasnt' me. I didn't start posting on the awards until Wayne hit the stage. I was no where near my PC all day Sunday. I understand you point and I was not trying to go back in forth. Just thought that some extenuating circumstances may have palyed a role in the type of tribute BET may have wanted to give.

One thing I know they should have let Young Money perform earlier in the show. That perfromance was way to graphic for that part of the show.

And the n word was used and used to much in that performance. No love lost here.

The EBT Awards: Food Stamp Quality (per my facebook Note)
From start to finish, while it’s on.

The Pre-Show:

Hurricane Chris: Your Halle Berry dance is the reason why men should get necked.

Day 26: That's the only award you will ever get. Live it up.

Pleasure P: That's why your ass in Number 2.

New Boyz: The ‘re-Jerk†is nothing but the Heel Tow reincarnated.

Rosci: Why are you not u fired? Terrence, you too!

The Show: (Jackson State Sonic Boom enter here)

Keri Hilson: I liked it, but that last lil' dedication to BAD...was BAD.

Jamie and T Pain: Travis Parker DID THAT! T Pain hands down is the ugliest 25 yr old alive....wait, then there's Wayne.

Speaking of Toya and Tiny....Tiny, you can't read? My eyes are big by birth, why are you bucking yours! Toya aka Wayne’s nut cache...Please!

Frankie and Neffe should be called Crackheads Gone Wild. I heart Keisha and understand her patience.

Soulja Boy: Literally hopped out the bed. That song only has effect if a) you're drunk. B) you're high or c) both

Beyonce: a GRAMMY show performance. Wasted on BET. I saw the church steeple and KNEW “Single Ladies†followed. Nope. She had the swimsuit on singing Ava Maria! Now, I liked the performance and she did do a switch up, but B’ you had to know the coons watching the awards was not going to realize that your versatility, boo. It’s a DIVA thing, they wouldn’t understand.

SKANK robbers: I'm mad bc I enjoyed it!

Mary Mary: Loved the song...the pants, not so much.

Best actress: Zoe it’s called class. We didn't need to know ole lady was doing number 2.

Jamie and Ne Yo: Ne Yo sounds really good, but overkill of Jamie.
He's the host...he doesn't have to perform every break.

Ciara Heals the World...Beyonce should have did that! Ciara should have done a version of Thriller, where she danced...and not sing! But I will rock that jacket.

Keisha Cole is a great example of how big a** tattoos can make the cutest girl look classless. I swear she's a female Tupac...Thug life across of stomach LOL. Monica, I loved that outfit and hair cut. Sounded good! Who is this homo thug they panned to singing the hell out that song with his tattoos, haircut designs and gold tooth??? The ladies did great though.
Monica ummm took over. LOL

JUSTIN Timberlake comment is so funny yet true.

BET do your producers understand TIMING?

Beyonce...poor girl, was looking like...really confused. ..I swear she looked like some bodies older sisters yearbook picture with that dress. Jamie’s drunken ass needs to sit down. He is doing the most.

Jay Z...good as anticipated. Love when he crossed his music over. Live band makes for a great RAP performance. Hova...Hova...Hova...

Side note...Joe Jackson’s face looks like it’s molded from play dough. He, hands down is the scariest looking mofo alive.

Akeelah and the Bee chick, NICE VOICE.

Jamie and the fans...*hangs head* Never will I sit wit broke ass people, because that's exactly how they act.

Don Cornelius can put you to sleep. . . Dryyy eyess....

O'Jays dedication about to come on!
I am double over laughing out loud for seeing Tevin Campbell is like seeing a unicorn. Hahahahahahaha...
Tyrese is appropriate. So appropriate. Trey babyyyy thank you for realizing you are not an alto! Stay in that soprano zone. But Tyrese is killing this! Oh shit Trey Songs on Stairway To Heaven....the door is open...well was until you did that long note. Johnny iSigh. Tyrese did it! Just reminded Gerald Levert died....ahh man. Don Cornelius does not know Trey Songs ....just forgot. LOL

Dancing and shit...classic.
Are the OJays finished? (40 mins later) They had the camera on Soulja Boy and he looked so LOST. Young Tell'em...its called music!

Hahahhahaa Debra Lee, Boondocks has forever immortalized you....I just see you rubbing a dead animal! No matter what you say...LOL

I will say this though. Mike Jackson’s humanitarian efforts outweigh his music (TO ME). Selflessness is a wonderful trait. Alicia Keys has a teen’s program??? (Googling now) I heart her!
Youth are the underdog voices in this world! They feel voiceless! Yes, new found respect for Alicia Keys. Best segment of the show for me thus far. (Not that I didn't have it before)
Nothing against Haitians, and I applaud Wyclef....but I see the populations of homeless next door. So I understand him helping his country. I wish more AMERICAN natives did the same. Stop adopting kids from Laos, and take in your abandoned niece your sister is too strung out to care for. Stop making grandmothers parents all over again! Since some of us only understand music, listen to 'Man In the Mirror' and 'Earth Song', two of my favorite songs PERIOD.

BET's Humanitarian award is the jug.

Taraji is NOT acting. Her ass is ghetto.

WtFlyingF? Tiny....Accepting an award on TIP's behalf? iDIED. Question, why are most mixed girls the MOST ghetto? What are you trying to prove? All black people are not ghetto so you don't need to prove yourselves (if that's what you're trying to convey).

Beyonce won something???

Maxwell....love that single. This guy referred to me and Pretty Wings in my honesty box. Listened to the words...I'm touched.
Why is Coming to America come to mind....who is going to clean up these roses!

Drake! He can't do any wrong to me. Oh Em Gee...I love him! I love him! I love him! Damn shame, I just realized my growing lust for him In my history of yellow boys, they all resemble Drake. I don't think they could write, act or sing though...wait....I'm getting off track. Damn it Drake...um, I just want to meet him. Anyone that knows him, his publicist, sister, or 3rd cousin. (I will take stalker status on this one!) I don't like this version of Every Girl. AT all. You can't bleep and be effective. Who are these randoms surrounding Drake???? Stop pulling from the broke ass section of the audience...I'm still going to the concert August 9th. Did I mention, I love Drake? You won't find a fan bigger than me.

Baby and Wayne still doing the daddy/son act? Okay....

*reading statuses* I know y'all dumb asses DID NOT thing the Young Money performance was a dedication to MJ. Kill yourselves for even publicly admitting that. That was the last group performance. C'mon...Every Girl. Stay Strapped...

I really don't want to hear Jami Foxx sing anymore tonight. No, I'm so serious.

I think 112 would have done a better job than NE but the NE comment is wrong. Those dude still can hum and put on a great show. Their concerts sale out. But you can't expect grown men to sing young michael.

Wasnt' me. I didn't start posting on the awards until Wayne hit the stage. I was no where near my PC all day Sunday. I understand you point and I was not trying to go back in forth. Just thought that some extenuating circumstances may have palyed a role in the type of tribute BET may have wanted to give.

One thing I know they should have let Young Money perform earlier in the show. That perfromance was way to graphic for that part of the show.

And the n word was used and used to much in that performance. No love lost here.

oh we are good honey bunches. :kiss:

I think 112 would have done a better job than NE but the NE comment is wrong. Those dude still can hum and put on a great show. Their concerts sale out. But you can't expect grown men to sing young michael.

112 broke up. Slim just did a solo album and Q went gospel I heard.

man, the hip-hop performers (except for jay) were horrible. This further proves hip hop is dead...

I used to think so, too. But Hip Hop is alive and well, man. There are still some credible MC's out there. They just don't get the radio play now. For every Souljah Boy there's a Lupe Fiasco.

There were a lot of bad rappers back in the day, too (Vanilla Ice, Young MC, Tone Loc), but hip hop is more mainstream now.......the more rap you hear, the more bad rap you'll hear.

You just have to take it for what it's worth.....party songs and sing-a-longs. If you at a party, Nas and Lupe won't get the party goin'. But Stanky Legg and Swag Serfin' will. But you won't see any of those CDs at my house...you'll see Nas. The good music is still out there.

I used to think so, too. But Hip Hop is alive and well, man. There are still some credible MC's out there. They just don't get the radio play now. For every Souljah Boy there's a Lupe Fiasco.

There were a lot of bad rappers back in the day, too (Vanilla Ice, Young MC, Tone Loc), but hip hop is more mainstream now.......the more rap you hear, the more bad rap you'll hear.

You just have to take it for what it's worth.....party songs and sing-a-longs. If you at a party, Nas and Lupe won't get the party goin'. But Stanky Legg and Swag Serfin' will. But you won't see any of those CDs at my house...you'll see Nas. The good music is still out there.

I've been screaming that same shat for the longest!!! :rolleyes: Hell, even MC Hammer couldn't rap worth a hot dayum, but he entertained and put on a show for yo azz!! And you ain't lyin bout the stanky legg cause all the kids turned the dance floor out at the wedding reception!! :emlaugh:

Just face it- ya'll mo foes are getting old. :shame: :emlaugh:

You are one of the few people i've seen break it down in a credible way. :tup: I get so tired of the "hip hop is dead" whining. I can respect this assessment. Thank you LS, you've just made my day! :clap: :kiss:

PS....I love Swag Serfin! :lmao:

I've been screaming that same shat for the longest!!! :rolleyes: Hell, even MC Hammer couldn't rap worth a hot dayum, but he entertained and put on a show for yo azz!! And you ain't lyin bout the stanky legg cause all the kids turned the dance floor out at the wedding reception!! :emlaugh:

CHA HEARD ME! :clap::clap::clap: come on Vette, you know the problem aint really what they rappin bout, its where they from. If Hammer was from Da Dirty, they'd still be makin diss songs bout him.

Last edited:
The final performance ruined the entire show --- IMO. That was a slap in the face of MJ and the Jackson family..singing about f@#)$)( all the girls in the world? And why were those "young looking" girls on that stage with a song like that being sung? Parents??? :noidea: Was that supposed to be a tribute???

BET is a hot mess for letting that go down. :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back