The 2009 BET Awards Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't care. They are wasting good time. Don Cornelious drunk ass slurrin and shat. They hadn't honored them by now being on the scene 50 plus years, one more year wouldn't have mattered. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be honored, just not tonite. The greatest has left the building, I need tributes, and not just plugged in here and there nor in the last 20 minutes.

But how much can they do in such a short time?. MTV,VH1 and BET was running Micheal memories from the jump. CNN,ABC. etc...Michael is getting his respect and flowers. The Ojays were already on the show so why shelve them and make them wait til next year. That's not right.

Now this is truly some hot arse mess. The show has gone from sugar to shiz. :kaioken:. Bring back Maxwell and the O'Jays.
Who are the groupie little girls?

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
But how much can they do in such a short time?. MTV,VH1 and BET was running Micheal memories from the jump. CNN,ABC. etc...Michael is getting his respect and flowers. The Ojays were already on the show so why shelve them and make them wait til next year. That's not right.

Sigh. i'm not talkin about other networks, i'm talkin bout BET and their awards show. it aint rocket science. performers don't have trouble performing. I know the O'jays were already on the show, i don't need anyone to explain that to me. all that extra shat they was doin could've been left out, and somebody (Usher, Ciara, Alicia Keyes hell Chris Brown) could've done some of his more upbeat stuff. There could've been a more mix incorporated of his videos or songs, what about a moment of silence? And like I said on facebook, if what they did was planning, then a 3 day prep wouldn't have been much difference. Hell I got a better tribute through a mix at the spot last nite.

:tup: Janet.

she made me cry. :bawling:

Last edited:
I'll give BET credit for trying. This was an almost impossible task to pull together over 3 or 4 days. There were parts of the show that were really good but other parts that really conflicted with the theme of honoring MJ.

Yeah JR, Jay-Z is right about Autoplay. Some of these young rappers really suck. Hey they make a lot of money but they, but they have fallen way off.

It also amazes me how the young ladies in the audience could sing along with Lil Wayne's song ... The real lyrics say "I want to F**gg every girl in the world" ... and still expect dudes to respect them when they don't respect themselves.

Wayne has regressed.

Jay-Z hit the nail on the head with D.O.A.

The new rappers suck and they suck badly including Wayne. He older stuff used to be good. But his last stuff has been suspect.

I dont agree. What you hear on the radio SUcks, but the underground stuff, from most rappers especially wayne, is very good. Thats why Jay-Z said the mixtape Wayne. The way things are now artist are forced to make radio songs, because of the poor album sales due to downloading/bootlegging CD's. Artist arent really allowed to come from the heart anymore well atleast on albums. Like I said most underground stuff is their best work.

Last edited:
I'll give BET credit for trying. This was an almost impossible task to pull together over 3 or 4 days. There were parts of the show that were really good but other parts that really conflicted with the theme of honoring MJ.

well maybe cause I don't watch BET my expectations are way off. so i digress.

Last edited:
Tevin Campbell has really strong vocals. Bring back all of the old school music and the suave style of dress. The hip hop performers are just to ghetto and degrading !! Bring back R&B and the people who can sing for real !!:):):clap:

man, that performance was horrible. After the Hurricane Cris Debacle, we are going to stop letting LA rappers get on tv...

Like I said in the other thread, they bring all kind of folks to preform for the legislature. You know Louisiana rappers running the game right now and has been for a long time. Hell Atlanta and Dallas tried to steal BR's sound.

Thank God for the O Jays, Johnnie Gil & co. after the finest woman in the world totally screwed up Ave Maria, other than that it SUCKED!!!!

Sigh. i'm not talkin about other networks, i'm talkin bout BET and their awards show. it aint rocket science. performers don't have trouble performing. I know the O'jays were already on the show, i don't need anyone to explain that to me. all that extra shat they was doin could've been left out, and somebody (Usher, Ciara, Alicia Keyes hell Chris Brown) could've done some of his more upbeat stuff. There could've been a more mix incorporated of his videos or songs, what about a moment of silence? And like I said on facebook, if what they did was planning, then a 3 day prep wouldn't have been much difference. Hell I got a better tribute through a mix at the spot last nite.

she made me cry. :bawling:

BET had 2.5 days to prepare this show and you wanted them to gut it for Michael. All the people you listed with the exception of Alicia and Ciara may have had other plans and contractual obligations and could not make the show in such short notice. Usher was with Liza Minnelli Saturday(don't know what that was about) but apparently he was not prepared to show. Chris Brown want be invited back to any award show until he gets a hit and he still may be black balled.

BET was running Micheal Videos and running Micheal stuff most of the day Friday and Thursday night. They also still have to answer to sponsors and so they had to at least do a show. Was they suppose to sing all Michael songs the whole night? The Ojays flew in for the show then you tell them oh well Michael died wait till next year. They let people give their respect, during presentations, in between performances. They had New Addition, Ne YO, Jamie,Ciara giving Mike a tribute. Man Janet even showed up. That's all you can ask for in such a short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back