The 2009 BET Awards Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of the BET awards was the facebook status updates. if yall missed that, then yall missed all the fun!

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
While I respect the fact that this was a last minute thing, and you can only make so many changes in a few days for a show that's been planned for months, it still could've been done with more respect to MJ than it was. The show could've been a lot better without all the cursing that required the censors to have to silence so much of the music and dialog out. Eddie Levert dropping that S bomb is totally unacceptable under these circumstances. They should've told the artists to clean up there acts considering this was a make shift tribute to Michael Jackson's legacy. Now I like Lil Wayne and all, but dude needed to pull his pants up and cut down on the cussing that caused the sensors to mute out half of the song he was performing.

CHA HEARD ME! :clap::clap::clap: come on Vette, you know the problem aint really what they rappin bout, its where they from. If Hammer was from Da Dirty, they'd still be makin diss songs bout him.

CLOT266_black.jpg

:lecture: :jump:

I like that shirt, but I like the one Luda had on better. It said something like, "Hip Hop aint dead, she just moved Down South." :clap:

It's the same one:

clot266_luda.jpg

I think David Banner said something like "she a grown azz woman who moved down south!" Or something like that. :lol:

While I respect the fact that this was a last minute thing, and you can only make so many changes in a few days for a show that's been planned for months, it still could've been done with more respect to MJ than it was. The show could've been a lot better without all the cursing that required the censors to have to silence so much of the music and dialog out. Eddie Levert dropping that S bomb is totally unacceptable under these circumstances. They should've told the artists to clean up there acts considering this was a make shift tribute to Michael Jackson's legacy. .

I get what you are saying, but I don't know why so many are surprised at the way the show was produced. Okay, the cursing and the pulling up of the pants could have helped somewhat I guess. However, you have to know what you are going to get when tuning into that show.

And if the BET Awards had not changed the previous year, why would anyone expect the 2009 version to be any different even with Michael Jackson death?

Most people expected the show not to live up to the viewers expectations from jump, and are now complaining that it did not Sunday? :noidea:

man, the hip-hop performers (except for jay) were horrible. This further proves hip hop is dead...

CO FRIGGIN SIGN!

Yes Hip Hop is dead. Did ya'll see Soulja Boi's face when the O'Jays was performing? He was clueless! :retard:

But the minute Drake and Weezy was on stage he was all into it.
Young and dumb.

:shame:

Last edited:
It's the same one:

clot266_luda.jpg

I think David Banner said something like "she a grown azz woman who moved down south!" Or something like that. :lol:

YEAAAAAAAAAH! That's it! It was David Banner and that's the quote I was talkin bout. "She a grown ass woman, and moved down south." I love it. Now that's what I need on a t shirt, especially when I move back. I think i'ma get one made. :lol:

As long as our people keep buying and requestig that trash... they will keep pushing the BS...smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I get what you are saying, but I don't know why so many are surprised at the way the show was produced. Okay, the cursing and the pulling up of the pants could have helped somewhat I guess. However, you have to know what you are going to get when tuning into that show.

And if the BET Awards had not changed the previous year, why would anyone expect the 2009 version to be any different even with Michael Jackson death?

Most people expected the show not to live up to the viewers expectations from jump, and are now complaining that it did not Sunday? :noidea:

Im actually one who defends the BET Awards.... lol The last 2-3 years, the show was top notch. If you missed them, you missed some great shows (the years of the Diana Ross tribute, James Brown tribute, and the Al Green tribute). Before that, it was horrible. I even recall one year, that like 80% of the winners were NOT there but the show picked up and I was looking forward to it this year.

HOWEVER, to me, it ranks just slightly above the bad shows. The audio was off and the performances didn't seem to have that kick that they have the previous years. I did enjoy some of the performance but whereas I would give last year's show an 8 out 10, I give this one a 4 out of ten. Granted, I have not seen the entire telecast because I was not home, set the DVR and it was not ready for that extra 30 minutes....but i will catch the rest tomorrow nite on the replay. Regardless, from what you all are saying, the show ended like it started. NE was decent, Ne-Yo was good and so was the O'Jays tribute. The rest was blah... and for the record.. I like SoljaBoy but last night .... :shame: Beyonce ... I have no idea what the point of her performance was.

Im actually one who defends the BET Awards.... lol The last 2-3 years, the show was top notch. If you missed them, you missed some great shows (the years of the Diana Ross tribute, James Brown tribute, and the Al Green tribute). Before that, it was horrible. I even recall one year, that like 80% of the winners were NOT there but the show picked up and I was looking forward to it this year.

HOWEVER, to me, it ranks just slightly above the bad shows. The audio was off and the performances didn't seem to have that kick that they have the previous years. I did enjoy some of the performance but whereas I would give last year's show an 8 out 10, I give this one a 4 out of ten. Granted, I have not seen the entire telecast because I was not home, set the DVR and it was not ready for that extra 30 minutes....but i will catch the rest tomorrow nite on the replay. Regardless, from what you all are saying, the show ended like it started. NE was decent, Ne-Yo was good and so was the O'Jays tribute. The rest was blah... and for the record.. I like SoljaBoy but last night .... :shame: Beyonce ... I have no idea what the point of her performance was.

To me all award shows are just pointless. Entertaining somewhat, but pointless. :lol: I really have not sat down and watched an music award show since the late 1990s when I was in high school. I just tune in to see the hotties and their boobies for about five minutes then watch something else.

It is bad that BET, MTV or VH1 attempts to cater to the young demographic, which I fall into, and can't get me to watch.

Last edited:
To me all award shows are just pointless. Entertaining somewhat, but pointless. :lol: I really have not sat down and watched an music award show since the late 1990s when I was in high school. I just tune in to see the hotties and their boobies for about five minutes then watch something else.

kendrick, we know...we know. We all know you by now.

Hip Hop and well as R & B is DEAD.... which is so unfortunate.. These kids have no clue on what real music is........ These Newer artists sounded like SHAT last nite....
Ciara.... Fine, but....:retard: Sound Like SHAT
Keri...... Fine, but....:retard: Sound Like SHAT
Beyonce JUST FINE..... Nothing Else Matters:clap::D
Keyshia Cole..Fine, but she did an alright Job....:clap:
Just got Showed Out by Monica.....Chick Still Got It...:clap::clap::clap:

O' "True" R&B How We Miss You:whine::whine::whine:

Hip Hop and well as R & B is DEAD.... which is so unfortunate.. These kids have no clue on what real music is........ These Newer artists sounded like SHAT last nite....
Ciara.... Fine, but....:retard: Sound Like SHAT
Keri...... Fine, but....:retard: Sound Like SHAT
Beyonce JUST FINE..... Nothing Else Matters:clap::D
Keyshia Cole..Fine, but she did an alright Job....:clap:
Just got Showed Out by Monica.....Chick Still Got It...:clap::clap::clap:

O' "True" R&B How We Miss You:whine::whine::whine:

Hip Hop & R&B aren't dead. It's just that the folsk with real talent meaning they write songs and perform them and sell because they have talent not because of some sex tape, nude photos, who they are screwing, how times they get arrested and so on.

Tyrese, Tevin, Mary J, SWV, Boys 2 Men, Brandy, Monica, Zhane, Mario and so many others would TORCH half these so called acts in terms of talent.

Yet because negros live and die by how much attention you get with drama we never hear from them. So when they have new cds nobody knows about them except hardcore fans. Watch the sales of Jeremich CD (Birthday Sex)-it won't sell because most folks have no idea who he is.

That is what the Buffon Awards and others look bad. You go after clowns and tune out folks that would attract viewers.

CO FRIGGIN SIGN!

Yes Hip Hop is dead. Did ya'll see Soulja Boi's face when the O'Jays was performing? He was clueless! :retard:

But the minute Drake and Weezy was on stage he was all into it.
Young and dumb.

:shame:

What does Soulja Boy not knowing the O'jays have to do with anything? Hell, they were almost before my time, so they were way before his time.

It ain't dead. It just evolved. People don't like change, and that's what people's main problem is. And I can bet you that if most of the hottest rappers right now were from New York, nobody would be saying this.

It's just a change in times. Common said the same thing about 15 years ago, with "I Used to Love Her". Since then, a LOT of great rappers and groups have emerged.

And R&B evolved into what is now Neo-Soul. There are some very talented artists out there. You just have to look for them. You got Chrisette Michelle, Raheem DeVaugh, Dwele, Musiq and Ryan Leslie making hot albums and you say R&B is dead? Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back