That time of year again......MY BOYZ....LANIER BACK AT IT!

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
LOL@Robber...

The JAGS don't need mercy. I will admit.....MC aint what is was when I was there, but the Jags will always be a force.
As good as MC has always been, I think their record against South Panola is like 1-6 (or close to it), mostly blowouts. And the one win y'all did get was on a last second play. This year, MC sucks and South Panola is . . . well . . . South Panola.

SP 55
MC 6

Originally posted by Robber

That Jersey school that beat Lanier was St. Anthony. They have always been a top school.

Actually the team was St. Raymond out of the Bronx.... (The tourney was just played in New Jersey)

Lanier was up until Monta fouled out midway thru the 4th. It went downhill from there. The game was headed to OT until Louie McCroskey scored the winning basket just as time expired. It was controversial.

I recorded the game and watched that shot over and over in slow motion. From one angle it looked good. From another angle it looked late. Billups was furious. Tough loss for the Dawgs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Prodigy
Actually the team was St. Raymond out of the Bronx.... (The tourney was just played in New Jersey)

Lanier was up until Monta fouled out midway thru the 4th. It went downhill from there. The game was headed to OT until Louie McCroskey scored the winning basket just as time expired. It was controversial.

I recorded the game and watched that shot over and over in slow motion. From one angle it looked good. From another angle it looked late. Billups was furious. Tough loss for the Dawgs.
Just shows what I know, huh??? Wasn't Lebron James's team in that same tourney???

Noise Talka,

If you ride up to Batesville to see that ass whooping, give me a holla. I'd like to see somebody else get beat down like we did last weekend.

Wasn't Lebron James's team in that same tourney???

Yeah, Lanier watched from the stands as Lebron's team played. Bron dropped fiddy for 'em dat night.

Just shows what I know, huh???

:lol: Nah you were close man. I think St. Ant was in that tourney too.

now Alabama teams aint no hoe..... I would put Central Park Christian out of Bham against any team in the nation.... they are a prep school.... so they all of the players from around Alabama that dont have the grades to play for an AHSAA school. They have won the independent school national championship for at least the last 3 years. They put BEATINGS on teams.... Rod Grizzard played for them.... and last year they sent Lang straight to the NBA out of high school. It is a basketball factory for kids who dont have grades. And yes they beat Oak Hill Academy last year.

Originally posted by DAHILL
And yes they beat Oak Hill Academy last year.

A) Oak Hill had a down year last year.... suffered their most losses in ages.

B) Which Oak Hill did yall beat? They use two squads. A lot of times a team plays their "B" squad and not realize that.

honestly I dont know....

but I know you remember big Lang.... if you watched the McDonalds All Star game last year... he was the 6'11 305 pound center who Labraun kept dishing it off to for dunks.... Central Park is a basketball factory... if a player gets mad at their coach hell they just leave and go to CP... room and board. If you cant get eligible... go to CP. They play a national schedule not local teams (dont think they are allowed to play any AHSAA teams) so they just play the top teams in the country in national tournaments.

Yeah, I remember big Lang from CPC. Shoulda never entered the draft though. Shoulda went on to Louisville (and dropped a couple pounds too) :lol:

Yeah, I remember big Lang from CPC. Shoulda never entered the draft though. Shoulda went on to Louisville (and dropped a couple pounds too) :lol:
I agree... dont think he ever had the grades to play in college though.

Prodigy and NT,

All I can say is PROVINE will be the team to beat this year. We would have to make the games together this year.

Originally posted by The Show
Prodigy and NT,

All I can say is PROVINE will be the team to beat this year. We would have to make the games together this year.

Ummm.... do you need me to pm you the schedule? (And be sure to bring a lil pocket change to the games too.) :lol:

Originally posted by The Show
Prodigy and NT,

All I can say is PROVINE will be the team to beat this year.

I don't think they will get by Lanier this time. They are really good ............BUT .................. I think Lanier got caught up into the "Can't be beat in Mississippi" hype that was swirling around them last year. This year they have something to prove to themselves.:cool:

I'm with you J-State 83....Provine snuck up on Lanier last year in the playoffs. These boyz won't lose to any Mississippi team this year.

I'm with you J-State 83....Provine snuck up on Lanier last year in the playoffs. These boyz won't lose to any Mississippi team this year.

p.s. I KNOW SOUTH PANOLA IS SOUTH PANOLA ROBBER. lol.

Big bad S. Panola will fugg around and get their ARSE handed to them Friday.

GAME OF THE WEEK!
#17 (in the NATION) SOUTH PANOLA vs.
MADISON CENTRAL (the daddy high school of Mississippi. lol)

p.s. I KNOW SOUTH PANOLA IS SOUTH PANOLA ROBBER. lol.

Big bad S. Panola will fugg around and get their ARSE handed to them Friday.

GAME OF THE WEEK!
#17 (in the NATION) SOUTH PANOLA vs.
MADISON CENTRAL (the daddy high school of Mississippi. lol)
I can understand y'all saying that Provine snuck up on y'all the first time they beat y'all for the South State title. Even after Lanier needed Luther Riley to pull a Chris Webber and call a timeout he didn't have in a tied game with less than 10 seconds on the clock for Lanier to make free throws and win by 2 points in the district championship game. I can still understand that. BUT even after those 2 games, you still think Provine snuck up on Lanier in the State Championship game??? THAT I can't understand.

And as for Madison Central. Please call South Panola right now and apologize for entertaining thoughts of beating them. Like I said, undefeated Madison Central teams ran up on South Panola in the playoffs only to get crushed. I know damn well THIS Madison Central team ain't gonna beat 'em.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Naw Robber .................... I don't think Provine "snuck up" on them. Provine had a very good team last year ...... and this year also. I just think Lanier "bought into" the hype. This year, they KNOW that provine CAN beat them if they slip. Lanier won't let it happen this year.

And last --------------------:idea: NT.....................................

THERE IS NOOOOO WAAAAY M.C. BEATS SOUTH PANOLA........................ PERIOD. :D

Ummm.... do you need me to pm you the schedule? (And be sure to bring a lil pocket change to the games too.) :lol:

PM me the schedule and let the betting begin.

Interesting...

I got a chance to see alot of these southern squads over the poast few seasons and I must say that I've seen some pretty impressive athletes and squads...

I'd love to see some of these squads face off with some of the powerhouses we got in the DC/Metro/Md area.

The competition here is about as fierce as it can get, save New York, Kentucky, or Indiana...

I can understand y'all saying that Provine snuck up on y'all the first time they beat y'all for the South State title. Even after Lanier needed Luther Riley to pull a Chris Webber and call a timeout he didn't have in a tied game with less than 10 seconds on the clock for Lanier to make free throws and win by 2 points in the district championship game. I can still understand that. BUT even after those 2 games, you still think Provine snuck up on Lanier in the State Championship game??? THAT I can't understand.

And as for Madison Central. Please call South Panola right now and apologize for entertaining thoughts of beating them. Like I said, undefeated Madison Central teams ran up on South Panola in the playoffs only to get crushed. I know damn well THIS Madison Central team ain't gonna beat 'em.

LOL@Robber for earlier post of watching somebody else get beat down like JSU did.

NT,
You better listen to Robber. South Panola at home in Batesville. All MC can hope for is that they can stay close. That game could get ugly. Damn, I miss some good ole Mississippi HS Football. Aint nothing like it.

Well the thread was about BASKETBALL. lol. LOL@these JPS folks talkin' FOOTBALL...now yall know......
On the serious tip I think S. Panola will pull it out...it's gonna be tough going there and the fact is they just have more athletes than Madison Central this year i think...I'M JUST SAYIN THEY BETTER NOT SLEEP ON MY TEAM!

Well the thread was about BASKETBALL. lol. LOL@these JPS folks talkin' FOOTBALL...now yall know......
On the serious tip I think S. Panola will pull it out...it's gonna be tough going there and the fact is they just have more athletes than Madison Central this year i think...I'M JUST SAYIN THEY BETTER NOT SLEEP ON MY TEAM!
Dude, South Panola always has more athletes than Madison Central. This ain't nothing new. That's why they go to the championship game every year. They got a knack for losing the title game, but they are the only constant in 5A. But I don't see a serious threat to them this year.

As good as MC has always been, I think their record against South Panola is like 1-6 (or close to it), mostly blowouts. And the one win y'all did get was on a last second play. This year, MC sucks and South Panola is . . . well . . . South Panola.

SP 55
MC 6
Halftime

South Panola 33
Madison Central 3

Halftime

South Panola 33
Madison Central 3

47-3 final ......................... Out on a limb here ...............I think they called off the dogs at halftime. :emlaugh:

The only thing that went right for M.C. was South Panola fumbling the opening kickoff.:D

Back