That time of year again......MY BOYZ....LANIER BACK AT IT!

"NOISE TALKA"

Mr. Hatedandloved
r1111ai.jpg

The Bulldogs are out of the gate back at it this year. I predicted them to finish in the Top 15 Nationally last year and they came through. This team can only go up this year.

Lanier opened up the season last night at JSU against Murrah....and blew them out 83-53.

Monte had 9 DUNKS. lol. This is gonna be a good year.

I'll keep yall up to date, as usual on my boyz ...Lanier Bulldogs.

THE DAWGS WILL FINISH IN THE TOP 10 THIS YEAR!

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
r1111ai.jpg

The Bulldogs are out of the gate back at it this year. I predicted them to finish in the Top 15 Nationally last year and they came through. This team can only go up this year.

Lanier opened up the season last night at JSU against Murrah....and blew them out 83-53.

Monte had 9 DUNKS. lol. This is gonna be a good year.

I'll keep yall up to date, as usual on my boyz ...Lanier Bulldogs.

THE DAWGS WILL FINISH IN THE TOP 10 THIS YEAR!

LOL@NT. I know Lanier be handling their business at the crib.

But NT, didn't you go to Madison Central? Just asking.:D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bandwagon fan... REP YO OWN SCHOOL lol

bring them boys to Alabama...... I am sure them Jackson schools remember what happenned last Thanksgiving. lol

lol.... 1. Yea i went to MC....JR if you are from Miss. you know Madison Central is a football school. lol. I have long been a fan of the Lanier Bulldogs B-ball.

2. Lanier didn't go to Alabama last year....those were not top Jackson teams that you saw in Ala. last thanksgiving.

p.s. JR, did you hear about the Superintendent not letting those guys go to that Tourney. smh.

lol.... 1. Yea i went to MC....JR if you are from Miss. you know Madison Central is a football school. lol. I have long been a fan of the Lanier Bulldogs B-ball.

2. Lanier didn't go to Alabama last year....those were not top Jackson teams that you saw in Ala. last thanksgiving.

p.s. JR, did you hear about the Superintendent not letting those guys go to that Tourney. smh.

Yeah I heard about that from the home folks. I was SMH too.
Never got the rationale on why he didn't let them go. What does Provine look like this year?

BTW, I know MC is a football school trying to be like the original orange and blue. Still aint like the ole Callaway used to be though...................right Taylor Made. We used to be an all sports school until them mofos changed the zones. Now we are just a band school. :mad:

Naw Dahill,

Y'all ain't got nothing over there for Lanier or Provine.

And Noise Talka,

You sure Lanier finished Top 15 in the nation last year??? What with Provine getting all in that azz for the South State and State title. And are they gonna beat Provine this year???

JR,

Provine is only ranked #1 in the state right now. That's all. Same squad coming back. I mean, after beaing Lanier for the South State and State title last season, I'm surprised they are ranked above Lanier. :snicker:

Originally posted by DAHILL
bandwagon fan... REP YO OWN SCHOOL lol

bring them boys to Alabama...... I am sure them Jackson schools remember what happenned last Thanksgiving. lol

Man ........................ Ya'll don't want NO part of Lanier ........................Or Provine for that matter. The only reason Lanier is playing in this tournament is because Jackson Public School District would not let them compete in the tournament of Champions .....................For USA TODAY RANKED HIGHSCHOOL TEAMS.

Monte had 9 DUNKS.

Charles Rhodes had 9 dunks.

Originally posted by Robber
Naw Dahill,

Y'all ain't got nothing over there for Lanier or Provine.

And Noise Talka,

You sure Lanier finished Top 15 in the nation last year??? What with Provine getting all in that azz for the South State and State title. And are they gonna beat Provine this year???

JR,

Provine is only ranked #1 in the state right now. That's all. Same squad coming back. I mean, after beaing Lanier for the South State and State title last season, I'm surprised they are ranked above Lanier. :snicker:

Lanier gonna get in Provine arse this year. Provine lost all their outside shooting from last year (Jeff Webb and Jeremy Young). They do have size, athleticism and Charlie White, but no outside shooting. Non. Nada. :lol:

I bet Lanier woulda been ranked ahead of 'em had Charles Thomas and Bobby Clark not transferred to Callaway. That team woulda been stacked.

Lanier plays Oak Hill this year too.

Originally posted by Prodigy
Charles Rhodes had 9 dunks.

I bet Lanier woulda been ranked ahead of 'em had Charles Thomas and Bobby Clark not transferred to Callaway. That team woulda been stacked.

That team would have been UNFAIR to the rest of JPS and other state teams.:bawling:

Outside of 1 maybe 2 teams ................It's unfair now.;)

Originally posted by jstate83
That team would have been UNFAIR to the rest of JPS and other state teams.:bawling:

I agree. I was glad to see them transfer. That means more parity within the city and more competitive games all around. Those two players who left Lanier for Callaway moved C'way from probably not being ranked in the preseason to being ranked #5.

The sad part about it is that 3 of the top 5 teams (Lanier, Provine and C'Way) in the state are in the same division. Only 2 can make it out. I got my money on Lanier being one of 'em. ;)

Last year Jim Hill and Wingfield were the odd men out. They couldn't get out of the division because of Lanier and Provine. Any other division in the state, they would have been the two favorites.

Aye...bring ANY of your boys up to the HOOSIER STATE to face Pike High School here in Indianapolis! :cool:

I believe the south definitely got football on lock, but as far as hoops...you know how we do it up in Indiana/Illinois...:lol:

LOL...Dayum i thought last night was the first game.

Robber I will say this....I'm not gonna miss any Lanier - Provine game this year. Those are gonna be some contest..... Just like last year you really can't say. Lanier beat Provine everytime during the regular season, but Provine got them in the playoffs. so you just never know.... Provine and Lanier are FOR SHO two of the best high school teams in the nation......much less better than anything coming out of Bama CJ. lol.

JR....dude don't compare Madison Central and Callaway nizzle. lol. I heard that though, that MC is like what Callaway used to be, down to geographics...how C-Way used to be North Jackson....now really Madison is North Jackson, with all the development. My dad was telling me that.....but C-Way can never compare to Madison Central.....academics and sports....you know the Jags blow yall away.....I agree Callaway is a band school now.....and the band is falling off too....I saw them in the homecoming parade. lol.

Originally posted by Ntelekt
Aye...bring ANY of your boys up to the HOOSIER STATE to face Pike High School here in Indianapolis! :cool:

The outcome will be the same ............................ Ask the #9 highschool from last year that had to escape with a 6 point victory in their home state ............ NEW JERSEY.

And this Lanier team is waaaaaaay better ............. Some of the guy's playing now couldn't play last year. They had to sit out ....... Remember. ;)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yea J-State i remember that game and LANIER GOT CHEATED!

r1024_d12i.jpg

Hoops Mecca just 'Dandy'

Seven capital city basketball standouts lead the way for Dandy Dozen
By Bill Spencer
bspencer@clarionledger.com

It's one of the worst-kept secrets in Mississippi high school hoops.

Year in and year out, Jackson Public Schools teams keep college recruiters busy chasing talent.

This season looks to be especially outstanding, as an unprecedented seven JPS players ? led by Mr. Basketball Charlie White of Provine ? highlight The Clarion-Ledger Dandy Dozen boys basketball team for 2003-04.

The news hardly shocked Jim Hill's Fred Harris, the dean of JPS coaches who's in his 15th season with the Tigers.

"Really, it's not a surprise. This is a stellar year," Harris said. "I think we compare to any city in the nation in Jackson.

"Even going back to Othella Harrington and Ronnie Henderson (in the early 1990s), I don't think it has ever stopped. There may have been some years where you didn't have as many, but we've always had good players in Jackson."

If you ask Harris, there are several contributing factors that make JPS gyms veritable gold mines for talent scouts.

"The coaches do a good job of developing talent," Harris said. "The talent level is very high. The kids never stop playing. The kids see the reputation that Jackson has built up over the years and they start playing AAU ball at an early age.

"Last year, for example, they can see a Mo Williams on TV, and I think they really work hard to try to live up to those standards. As coaches, we definitely do our best to help them achieve those goals."

Bobby Clark, Callaway

A 6-foot-5 senior guard and Lanier transfer, Clark averaged 10.1 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.2 steals. Clark, who played for the Chargers as a freshman and sophomore, has orally committed to Ole Miss. He is rated the nation's No. 96 senior by Hoop Scoop.

"Bobby has the same playing style as Ronnie Henderson ? slashing to the basket and shooting well from the outside," Callaway coach Robert Stewart said. "Bobby will be a shooting guard in college."

Monta Ellis, Lanier

A 6-3 junior guard, Ellis averaged 27.2 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5 assists and 3.1 steals for the Class 4A runner-up Bulldogs, 31-4. Ellis, who guided Lanier to a 4A state championship as a freshman, is rated the nation's No. 10 junior by The Sporting News.

"Monta does so many things on the court," Lanier coach Thomas Billups said. "He may be the most complete player I've ever coached. If Monta keeps going, I think he has a chance to be in the top three or four players in the nation next year. Monta will play the 2 in college, but he's really a combo guard."

Christian Marshall, Wingfield

A 6-9 senior center, Marshall averaged 19.5 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.7 blocked shots and 2.5 assists for the Falcons, 21-9. He is considering Mississippi State, Alabama, LSU, Miami, Southern California and Texas.

"Christian runs the floor so well for his size and he can shoot the ball so well for a big man," Wingfield coach Herman Sanders said. "Last year, he had four 3-pointers against Jefferson County. He can play the 3, 4 or 5. He's very physical, too, and his ball-handling has improved a lot."

Charles Rhodes, Lanier

A 6-9 senior forward, Rhodes sat out last year due to academics and MHSAA sanctions after transferring from Forest, where he averaged 19.6 points and 11 rebounds as a sophomore. Rhodes, rated the nation's No. 53 senior by Hoop Scoop, has committed to Mississippi State.

"Charles is a combo between the 3, 4 and 5," Billups said. "He can run the floor, shoot the 3 and block shots. Once he gets down on the block, it's tough to stop him. He's got a spin move and a baby hook. Learning my system, he has a long way to go, but talent-wise, he's at the top."

Stanford Speech, Jim Hill

A 6-1 senior guard, Speech averaged 17.1 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.8 steals for the Tigers, 22-5. He is considering Jackson State, Mississippi State, Southern Miss and Alabama.

"Stanford shoots the ball extremely well," Harris said. "He can play the point or the wing. He's a very good ball-handler and he knows the game really well. That enables him to be a very good guard. I like his approach to the game. He's never out of control. Sometimes it looks like he's not playing hard, but actually he is."

Charles Thomas, Callaway

A 6-8 senior forward and Lanier transfer, Thomas averaged 14.1 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.2 assists. Thomas, who played for the Chargers as a freshman and sophomore, has committed to Arkansas. He is rated the nation's No. 59 senior by Hoop Scoop.

"Charles impressed the college coaches at Nike Camp this summer with the way he ran the floor and with his outside shooting," Stewart said. "Charles can play inside or outside on offense. He's a leader on both ends of the floor."

Charlie White, Provine

A 5-10 senior guard, White averaged 14.5 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and 4 steals for the 4A state champion Rams, 26-5. White, who has committed to Mississippi State, is rated the nation's No. 70 senior by Hoop Scoop. He scored 23 points against Lanier in last year's 4A final.

"Charlie is a natural point guard," Provine coach Luther Riley said. "His floor leadership is solid. Charlie has poise in the tough games. He has the ability to stay calm. Charlie got stronger this summer as well.

"With him winning Mr. Basketball last year, everybody is gunning for him now. Every night, he has to play to the best of his ability."

You right NT ......................... Even the coach for the other team and the Jersey reporters said the home team got "some REALLY favorable call's" twards the end.

Originally posted by jstate83
The outcome will be the same ............................ Ask the #9 highschool from last year that had to escape with a 6 point victory in their home state ............ NEW JERSEY.

And this Lanier team is waaaaaaay better ............. Some of the guy's playing now couldn't play last year. They had to sit out ....... Remember. ;)

I think it was a Catholic school that you are talking about from Jersey.

Actually, I'm really harping on WHERE the game would be played...but WHO they would be playing.

Last year, Noise Talka had ME giving respect to Lanier just from what he posted every week! LOL
But all in all, I don't think that they could fugg with Pike! :D

The gap may have closed a bit this season since they graduated some D1A players, but they still got a hellafied squad coming back with much experience.

It would be an intersting matchup. :nod:

Well I'll be. Look at my HS alma mater trying to do something in basketball. GO Chargers!!! I remember a few years ago they had all those super Sophomores and then they transferred. Are these 2 kids the ones that have transferred over to Callaway from Lanier?

We used be a beast back in the days I was there and right before I got there. Names like Eddie Archie, Aaron Brandon, Anthony Jackson, Reginald Jones and so on. I remember when we lost to Vicksburg for the state title Then we fell off. They did have the kid Mario Bland that went to U of Miami a few years ago. Speaking of which isn't Jerry Rice's nephew Darius still hooping for the Hurricanes?

Hey NT, C'way was always a top academic school back then. We were not playing. But we had the band, football, basketball-most of the time, baseball and track in the city on lock from the mid 70s to late 80s. So we have tradition. LOL. MC is trying to get to where we have been. Damn new school. :D

Yeah, its good to have basketball back in the air. These Jacktown schools got that on lock. Bring ya football squad to Clarksdale and see what happens :D . Not only is basketball time, it is

Playoff Time Babbbbbbyyyyyy

Well the MC Jags are traveling to South Panola for the first round Friday.
Let us all pray for the Jags. They better hope South Panola is just as merciful as A&M was to us last weekend.

Ntelekt and JR,

That Jersey school that beat Lanier was St. Anthony. They have always been a top school.

And JR,

Charles Thomas and Robert Clark, Jr., are the same two that transferred from Callaway to Lanier last season, only to go back to Callaway this year. It further illustrates the point that Billups is recruiting at Lanier. And those guys aren't on Lanier's team anymore because they didn't play AAU summer ball with Billups's team. They wanted to play with the best player in the country, Al Jefferson, from little ole Prentiss, MS. Nike treated them guys like kings because of Al. And their coach rolls out the red carpet, as well. Because of that, they couldn't play for Lanier. And Charles Thomas is a MAN!!! Dude went from being an unkown to immediate top 100 in the nation after clowning in one of those prestigious summer camps (Nike or ABCD).

Anybody that beats Lanier can play ball. They keep horses. I still can't figure out how they keep losing to Provine.

LOL@Robber...

The JAGS don't need mercy. I will admit.....MC aint what is was when I was there, but the Jags will always be a force.

LOL at NT. Madison Central better bring Jesus on the bus with them cause South Panola is bringing some serious drama. They beat us 43-0 and that is a well heated state rivalry. No one just put 43 points up against Clarksdale and they did.

Back