Tavis Smiley's "We Count! Black Agenda in America" Summit...CSPAN link

Its a lot of people on here that I know don't like that video... they telling too much truth about what Obama should be doing....

Glad to see someone else on that panel found that money set aside for HBCUs over 10 years is a joke....lol

Bottomline we should expect more...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wow......the BEST discussion by a group of black people ever about this current president and government and no replies to this great video?
These people made A LOT of great points with showing respect to the president... from listening to that panel...it sound like they had someone check out some of the dialogue about president obama on here and address a lot of the ignorant statements...

It was a lot said in that piece..... but of the things that stick out most was...the percentage of what is being down for the already wealthy versus the small chicken fee the hbcus are getting.... someone else made mention to "why the little that's being done for blacks have to be related back to us by the FEW people involved in these small pet projects?...

And one of my favorites was....many presidents before Obama had to deal with race, so why are we BRAINWASHED into believing addressing black issues isn't Obamas place?

Again ...great post Casums.....it made me feel good to see those strong black minds on the same page as me.....after being on here for a while....one would think they are along in thinking much more should be expected out of these current presidency.....I can't say enough about Louis F. The man speak the real.....sad thing is our people only listen when its speaking the same words of many other strong minded black men and women..

Why do so many of you educated black folks have so much jealousy an animosity towards President Obama? I mean it is amazing how every thing this man is doing is being criticized and critiqued so hard by you folks? It is obvious how many of you are more of the problem to the black race instead of the help. On one hand you down the man for helping the poor with the health care bill, then you down him for not doing enough for black folks. Yet on the other hand you praise Bill Clinton who did no more for blacks than what Obama is doing.

The poor have very little to do with THIS health care bill sir....

A poor man in this country that can barely afford cable is not about to purchase health care at a discount price when the loop hole still exist for them to just run to the emergency room....what this government going to do fine the poor 2k who just don't want to pay for shyt? Like what was being said in that meeting....our people need repair all the way from our diets that lead us to the hospitals to our mentality....

Ain't no one f n jealous of Barrack....I guess you assume all of those eduacted folk are jealous of him too that spoke on that panel....
97% of the blacks voted him in office.....why people like YOU think he have to watch his blackness to be considered a good president....if he have to watch his blackness and hide his love for black people what was the fn purpose of many folks crying because we got our first ever black president?

You see brother.....I look at the whole picture and see how it will help our black people...
Keeping our black people dependent on the system is something I am strongly against... I am strongly for THIS government that fed our lives up setting things up for our people to where we are a better think people better decision making people and even more so a more independent people....

A health care bill that puts the notion in a MAN HEAD ..."my momma can take care of me until I'm 26" is not what our people need or should want SIR!

I'm so glad to see you not agreeing with my thoughts on what need to be and should be done in this presidency is share with people like you and not the people on that great panel...

Back to topic.....

Tavis was kinda getting on my nerves with that....."with love" foolishness....lol

Why do so many of you educated black folks have so much jealousy an animosity towards President Obama? I mean it is amazing how every thing this man is doing is being criticized and critiqued so hard by you folks? It is obvious how many of you are more of the problem to the black race instead of the help. On one hand you down the man for helping the poor with the health care bill, then you down him for not doing enough for black folks. Yet on the other hand you praise Bill Clinton who did no more for blacks than what Obama is doing.

How do you know who on here praised bill clinton besides some of you demovratic koolaide drinkers?...

This website wasn't even up during clinton presidency...

While I have always been one to criticize Tavis for bailng the TJMS because I felt very strongly that we need a voice of opposite opinion like his, I have sense enough to know that President Obama has only been in office one year.

Now having said that he's done more in that one year then Bush did in eight and more recently his done more in one year then a 43 Presidents in a hundred years.

Last edited:
While I have always been one to criticize Tavis for bailng the TJMS because I felt very strongly that we need a voice of opposite opinion like his, I have sense enough to know that President Obama has only been in office one year.

Now having said that he's done more in that one year then Bush did in eight and more recently his done more in one year then a 43 Presidents in a hundred years.

Over 96% of this post is a lie.....

What did obama do in this one year that is so great?.....Is black unemployment down?
Only thing he has down openly and clearly is show love for Gays and illegal immegrants...
Only a year? It don't take a year to sign executive orders making the urban education system more level......forcing the states bring the urban schools up to speed or force whites and black to share both schooling.....

I love the example one gave about sports....
Put us on the same level playing field now who is the superior.....just think if we all started of on the same level education field....

Our fight for even since the 60s is still the same today and obama ain't doing nothing about it.....

Again casums this is the best video link ever posted in this forum....50 times better than any brainwashing fox of mcnbc or youtube video....

Props to sister casums

:tup:

Last edited:
The poor have very little to do with THIS health care bill sir....

A poor man in this country that can barely afford cable is not about to purchase health care at a discount price when the loop hole still exist for them to just run to the emergency room....what this government going to do fine the poor 2k who just don't want to pay for shyt? Like what was being said in that meeting....our people need repair all the way from our diets that lead us to the hospitals to our mentality....

Dude... the way the bill helps poor people more is that it allows more folk to be covered under medicare/caid. You know, the one that is darn near free.

That's why some states are suing, they don't want to have to allow more poor folks to be on medicare, even though they are probably paying more for the care those same folks receive from "free" hospitals.

Good points made...

That being said, I think that OUR leadership needs to really start laying the groundwork for some of the stuff mentioned to actually happen. That means collectively putting your money where your mouth is as it pertains to actively FIXING some of the social inequity we STILL see in our communities and our institutions. It means getting boots on the ground and going to the places we've been talking about in order to help the folks that need it.

Before we can hold the President accountable for a percieved lack of focus on an agenda, we need to look at ourselves in terms of the groundwork that needs to be laid in order to get that job done.

For HBCU's specifically, how many of us actively contribute to our institutions? How many of us actively hold the folks that administrate our institutions responsible for the fisical health and growth of our schools?

we didn't abdicate OUR responsibility once Pres. Obama got into office. We still need to hold him to that standard, but WE need to hold ourselves to that same type of standard.

Dude... the way the bill helps poor people more is that it allows more folk to be covered under medicare/caid. You know, the one that is darn near free.

That's why some states are suing, they don't want to have to allow more poor folks to be on medicare, even though they are probably paying more for the care those same folks receive from "free" hospitals.

I don't too much know about the other states but louisiana is sueing because of citizens being forced to purchase health care...well one the government deems suitable...
Medicare/caide is in bad shape right now...where in the hell they going to even find the doctors to care for this huge surcharge of people...especially since this bill will force many doctors out of practice...

A novel idea would be to overhaul our black race with education and produce more working blacks verses dead blacks or jailed blacks...
All the money spent on this bill will go to waste because we are fixing the problem from the root.....I knew of know poor blacks that were not getting treated when ever they need to see the doctor......
Now if we continued on the same track would it have bankrupted the system? Who knows...that what THEY tell us....its their job to put fear in us to push their agenda...
Its a many of things that will do this country in...shyt we already done in..we are over 13 trillion in debt....you honestly believe this massive health care bill will do the trick? Its too many things in this bill that have nothing to do with "health care" for us to be drinking this koolaide.....

He made specific demands for gays and illegal immegrants..... where are the specific demands for BLACKS in this health care bill that will not help elevate our race?
I think we both agree a stronger black race = a stronger america

Another question...Is there a specific time limit during this first term for him to enact portions of the "agenda"???

I'm just sayin'....*lol*

I don't too much know about the other states but louisiana is sueing because of citizens being forced to purchase health care...well one the government deems suitable...

It is a class-action... all the states that are suing are suing together. The same exact filing and same exact words.

Another question...Is there a specific time limit during this first term for him to enact portions of the "agenda"???

I'm just sayin'....*lol*

I don't know CL, it seems like the gays are getting action...(maybe because they are putting pressure on this government)....they illegals are getting action...(again..they too are putting pressure on the president).....
What I got from that panel is what we are getting from this admin is the same chicken feed we been getting....maybe its time for the blacks to start applying pressure....

Those who feel we shouldn't because....they fear what wt would think of obama is our race biggest problem right now in this special position our race is in right now....

Again.....the 43 presidents before obama looked out for the whites and kept our blacks down ...what is so wrong with this black man making up ground for the damage the 43 presidents before him did?

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know CL, it seems like the gays are getting action...(maybe because they are putting pressure on this government)....they illegals are getting action...(again..they too are putting pressure on the president).....
What I got from that panel is what we are getting from this admin is the same chicken feed we been getting....maybe its time for the blacks to start applying pressure....

Those who feel we shouldn't because....they fear what wt would think of obama is our race biggest problem right now in this special position our race is in right now....

Again.....the 43 presidents before obama looked out for the whites and kept our blacks down ...what is so wrong with this black man making up ground for the damage the 43 presidents before him did?

I feel ya, Jared and I agree...to an extent...

I guess the thing that bothers me about the tone of the panel is that the few folk that actually emphasized the fact that WE really haven't lived up to our end of the bargain really didn't get as much burn as most of the " Obama ain't doin isht" crowd did.

This isn't so much about Obama as it is about what WE need to do to facilitate the changes we've been talking about for decades. The president is responsible for ALOT. However, how many of us can look at a cat on the city,county, and state level that we're supposed to "effect change", but maintained the status quo? That foolishness has been going on before we even sniffed of a black man in presidential office.

Heck, how many of us can say that they're getting out on the grassroots level and making a difference in their communities? We've seen ALOT of the same things that we're talking about for DECADES on those levels of government. That's where it starts at and that's the inherent problem with the objectivity of this forum.

Again, this doesn't absolve the pres. of his responsibility to us, but it's comical to say that in one breath and NOT acknowledge some of the fundemental things that WE need to do to smooth that road.

I feel ya, Jared and I agree...to an extent...

I guess the thing that bothers me about the tone of the panel is that the few folk that actually emphasized the fact that WE really haven't lived up to our end of the bargain really didn't get as much burn as most of the " Obama ain't doin isht" crowd did.

This isn't so much about Obama as it is about what WE need to do to facilitate the changes we've been talking about for decades. The president is responsible for ALOT. However, how many of us can look at a cat on the city,county, and state level that we're supposed to "effect change", but maintained the status quo? That foolishness has been going on before we even sniffed of a black man in presidential office.

Heck, how many of us can say that they're getting out on the grassroots level and making a difference in their communities? We've seen ALOT of the same things that we're talking about for DECADES on those levels of government. That's where it starts at and that's the inherent problem with the objectivity of this forum.

Again, this doesn't absolve the pres. of his responsibility to us, but it's comical to say that in one breath and NOT acknowledge some of the fundemental things that WE need to do to smooth that road.
You know what cl, its a lot of blacks in the community that aren't getting any recognition and are doing a whole lot.....our people can only work with what we have...example the men and women the volunteer time to these urban community sports..many of them that all they can offer at the same time being some kind of guidance for many of these kids who homes are broken....you have young men and women that give back with music education where the government stripped that away from our kids......some men and women that work a long day at work and are tired but find the time to tell a kid.."pull your pants up have some respect for youself".....its only so much people that are in bad situations from jump can do anyway......its not like we have neighborhoods full of hollywood actors athletes...lawyer, doctors.....

Now one thing my company do is a young brother mentoring program...so many of us black men here are involved with that....

But what needs to be done with our TAX money by this government should be far more massive than what any of us can do individually

My thing is also this....

Let's not let a race/ civil war start over health care...let it start because whites don't agree our black communities need and deserve and are owed repair...
I would give blood and my life for that fight

Well jared, it's a start...

The problem is that the issues we face in our communities require a response that's above and beyond the call of duty, so to speak...That means organization. It means pooling to gether the resources you have to get better resources. It also means getting our best and brightest in on this reclamation project and becoming INFORMED on how the money and resources that are coming in to our communities are being utilized.

There are ALOT of us that are doing that very thing; the reality is that we need MORE folks to come to the table and get involved in that process.

I understand that there isn't alot of recognition out there for those of us that are pulling the load; it still doesn't absolve us from putting that extra in to reach that person that arguably wouldn't be reached if that effort wasn't put in. it's the same with our businesses and institutions of higher learning.

It's not an easy thing, but it's something that has to be done.

My thing is also this....

Let's not let a race/ civil war start over health care...let it start because whites don't agree our black communities need and deserve and are owed repair...
I would give blood and my life for that fight

Agreed...

Healthcare is a symptom of the bigger problem.

Over 96% of this post is a lie.....

What did obama do in this one year that is so great?.....Is black unemployment down?
Only thing he has down openly and clearly is show love for Gays and illegal immegrants...
Only a year? It don't take a year to sign executive orders making the urban education system more level......forcing the states bring the urban schools up to speed or force whites and black to share both schooling.....

I love the example one gave about sports....
Put us on the same level playing field now who is the superior.....just think if we all started of on the same level education field....

Our fight for even since the 60s is still the same today and obama ain't doing nothing about it.....

Again casums this is the best video link ever posted in this forum....50 times better than any brainwashing fox of mcnbc or youtube video....

Props to sister casums

Reading is fundamental, comprehension is bliss, understanding....will it's just freakin ground breaking.

I think Smiley summed the whole thing up when he kept asking "what have we been asked to do after Obama was elected". And the conclusion is that none of it makes any sense.

If we have the agenda...and its been here long before Obama became president as Tavis made sure to point out...then why do we now need Obama to tell us how to carry out the agenda? It looks like we're saying we ain't gone do nothin until somebody tells us what to do. As the first lady panelist put it (I only listened and didn't catch her name) "we fell down on our own agenda".

Second why in the world do we do this stuff on TV? Now what do you think the GOP is going to do if Obama does take action on one of the agenda points. Glen Beck has already told his followers that Obama is racist and only cares about blacks. Boss Limbaugh will take the lead on it and use this nice and well published and publicized black agenda against us. This is like handing your enemy the battle plans. When we learn to stop loving the camera and start conducting business as the other groups in this country do then we will get somewhere. Grandstanding on TV trying to shame someone (and this has been going on WELL before Obama) is not going to get us anywhere. When we start learning to seize business opportunities and then use those businesses to funnel money back into our communities we'll get somewhere. If you ain't talkin about that then you ain't talkin.

Reading is fundamental, comprehension is bliss, understanding....will it's just freakin ground breaking.

Man carry your ass with that...

Your ass never post nothing worth reading no way....if it ain't off of msnbc or youtube I highly doubt your knowledge about anything since you wanna go there...

Judging and comprehending from all those folk on that panel....I know they would have bigger issue with the likes of you even more than I do....lol

Did you read that? Did you comprehend that?...
Now break ground and stay in your lane "brotha"....
You are aprt of a big problem our race have....you act like a child when adults pose different views from you and wanna get upset ....but you the same old tired negro that will get upset for a grown man
telling a black kid to pull his pants up....don't disrepect your elders...and you know I know what I'm talking about because you see nothing wrong with a certain high school kid on here cussing and saying off the wall shyt to adults on here...so I know your kind...maybe you one of those that like keeping them kids company...

Stop trying sneak shyt in and speak your point of view like a man and be done..instead of trying take wise cracks "brotha"....play that weak shyt with that high school kid that's on here that is full of play.... I got no play in me to be playing with you...

Its obvious me and you are from two totally different cuts.... funny thing is the way you think I believe I had it much rougher than your kind and I camme up in the late 70s and 80s...I don't know too many negroes like you man...and I am glad...
I told you before..hold a discussion with me respectfully or just keep your bs to yourself... I give you that same space ...
Respect my mind brah...

You old ...act like it. :tup:

Last edited:
I think Smiley summed the whole thing up when he kept asking "what have we been asked to do after Obama was elected". And the conclusion is that none of it makes any sense.

If we have the agenda...and its been here long before Obama became president as Tavis made sure to point out...then why do we now need Obama to tell us how to carry out the agenda? It looks like we're saying we ain't gone do nothin until somebody tells us what to do. As the first lady panelist put it (I only listened and didn't catch her name) "we fell down on our own agenda".

Second why in the world do we do this stuff on TV? Now what do you think the GOP is going to do if Obama does take action on one of the agenda points. Glen Beck has already told his followers that Obama is racist and only cares about blacks. Boss Limbaugh will take the lead on it and use this nice and well published and publicized black agenda against us. This is like handing your enemy the battle plans. When we learn to stop loving the camera and start conducting business as the other groups in this country do then we will get somewhere. Grandstanding on TV trying to shame someone (and this has been going on WELL before Obama) is not going to get us anywhere. When we start learning to seize business opportunities and then use those businesses to funnel money back into our communities we'll get somewhere. If you ain't talkin about that then you ain't talkin.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Back