SWAC Office.......come out and show your faces...cowards

wait...baseball and softball overlap? what kind of crap is that? Poor planning as usual..

I'm so sick and tired of 1 school getting the benefit....folks thought I was crazy since 1999, but it has all come to light...Jafus, Fiyah and I tried to tell folks that if we start winning and moving on up, the SWAC will not know what to do. Proof is in the pudding.

the band fan said:
The SWAC Commissioner for baseball is Roger Cador.

This is for Mom, as for the TSU officials, they know....they really, really know

Got a ton of questions about the commissioner of baseball. Has Cador always been the SWAC Commisioner for baseball? Is the commissioner always a coach? Is it like that in other sports? If not, how does it work. What does the SWAC Commissioner for baseball (or any other sport) do? Is there a group decision among the other baseball coaches or does the Commissioner make all of the decisions alone?

I'm more concerned about PV's officials instead of TSU's. Again, I think you should have your own folks there to keep an eye on things to be sure that someone is looking out for your best interests.

momof2ym said:
Got a ton of questions about the commissioner of baseball. Has Cador always been the SWAC Commisioner for baseball? Is the commissioner always a coach? Is it like that in other sports? If not, how does it work. What does the SWAC Commissioner for baseball (or any other sport) do? Is there a group decision among the other baseball coaches or does the Commissioner make all of the decisions alone?
I give...........:smh:

Fiyah said:
They just posted that on their website too after taking a beating from the callers on the show about the whole deal. He stated how they determined it and now wants to change on how that decision was made after the fact to try to save face. :smh:

The bottomline is it's been done this way for years and now since PV's miss out by a small margin they're whining about it. Where was all this concern about how they determine the tournament teams before?

Look at those times that they have these games being played. No one will be out there at 11:00 in the morning on a thursday or even a friday. I was planning on going out there but I'm not taking off from work to do it. I'll catch te friday evening and saturday games.

You just gave more strength to the argument why it shoudn't have been moved in the first place, all that talk and debating about how great attendance would be and look at you. :smh:

Why are the softball and baseball championship games overlapping. They should be 2 hours apart that way when the women finished, you could walk over and watch the men play.

They did it this way last year and there were pack crowd "EVERY" game.

the band fan said:
wait...baseball and softball overlap? what kind of crap is that? Poor planning as usual..

I'm so sick and tired of 1 school getting the benefit....folks thought I was crazy since 1999, but it has all come to light...Jafus, Fiyah and I tried to tell folks that if we start winning and moving on up, the SWAC will not know what to do. Proof is in the pudding.

Another pitiful conspiracy theory.

SWAC Overall
Team W L T Pct W L T Pct
Southern Univ....... 19 7 0 .731 25 12 0 .676
Texas Southern...... 15 13 0 .536 15 25 0 .375
Prairie View A&M.... 17 15 0 .531 30 26 0 .536
Arkansas-Pine Bluff. 15 15 0 .500 18 24 0 .429
Grambling State..... 6 22 0 .214 10 34 0 .227

Not to say it right or wrong, however a couple of points. If you force Texas Southern to play two more game, then Texas Southern theoretically could have forced Southern to play two more games. Southern played 26 games, TSU played 28, Grambling played 28 and PV played 30. Look like PV played too many games. My last point based on my philosophy of life. I never blame others for things I have control over. TSU deserves to be there, base on the fact, against all odd they went into PV and swept a four game series. One loss would have put them out. How can blame anyone other than your team for allowing this to happen. Got just a little bit cocky and got caught.

East Tex Tiger said:
SWAC Overall
Team W L T Pct W L T Pct

Not to say it right or wrong, however a couple of points. If you force Texas Southern to play two more game, then Texas Southern theoretically could have forced Southern to play two more games. Southern played 26 games, TSU played 28, Grambling played 28 and PV played 30. Look like PV played too many games. My last point based on my philosophy of life. I never blame others for things I have control over. TSU deserves to be there, base on the fact, against all odd they went into PV and swept a four game series. One loss would have put them out. How can blame anyone other than your team for allowing this to happen. Got just a little bit cocky and got caught.
That's like blaming Kobe for missing the last shot and the one point loss, yet Shag missed 15 out 18 freethrows. :bowdown: Be quiet Carlos:uzi:

East Texas Tiger,

SWAC Overall
Team W L T Pct W L T Pct

I respectfully disagree with your premise, based on the fact that many of your assessments on this particular scenario are inaccurate. However, I agree with this particular thought process... "I never blame others for things I have control over."

The point I was trying make was simple. If Southern only has to play 26 games, then why should Texas Southern have to play 30.

By the way Baseball is an after thought at Texas Southern. Our coach is basically a volunteer. We are not supposed to beat anybody in SWAC. My hats off to the bad news bears. Baseball at Texas Southern might be the most successful program we have, base on the success for what we are spending. Texas Southern Baseball budget is probably an 8th of every other SWAC teams budget.

yes you are...but I hope that Ralph Garr gets a cut of Candy's salary due to him sending you all the players. His budget may be small but it isn't like he's paying for much. The city park is the home field so upkeep isn't much of a problem, they have a bus to drive them places so rental is not much of an issue. One out of state trip at PV is $3K.

But its obvious Candy plays for second and will cut PV's throat not to go against Cador.

I can't reveal the entire story about what took place in the selection process but I'll tell you that it was a fix and 3 coaches were involved along with an official. No one had the ballz to tell PV up front that they were going to use the tiebreaker.
If they did, SU would not be in the tournament.

East Tex Tiger said:
Texas Southern Baseball budget is probably an 8th of every other SWAC teams budget.

Would you say our baseball budget beat out two other teams? I would rank us 11th with what we allocate to men's baseball.

C-LeB28 said:
Would you say our baseball budget beat out two other teams? I would rank us 11th with what we allocate to men's baseball.

I think he meant "an 8th" as in 1/8.

East Texas Tiger,

The point I was trying make was simple. If Southern only has to play 26 games, then why should Texas Southern have to play 30.

I agree with that. But it would best that I talk to you about this issue in person. Good luck in the tournament.

By the way Baseball is an after thought at Texas Southern. Our coach is basically a volunteer. We are not supposed to beat anybody in SWAC. My hats off to the bad news bears. Baseball at Texas Southern might be the most successful program we have, base on the success for what we are spending. Texas Southern Baseball budget is probably an 8th of every other SWAC teams budget.

I agree with what is spent on Texas Southern University baseball that it can be argued as the most successful sport with regards to Texas Southern's athletics programs. But, I would argue outside of the coaches salary the expentitures spent on baseball at Texas Southern is not much different to what is spent at Arkansas at Pine Bluff.

The scholarship differential across the board should be an issue. But, I would suspect that the scholarship issue will become a far greater issue overtime between Texas Southern and Prairie View A & M baseball, similar to that of Texas Southern and Southern when you compare the scholarship differential.

I would disagree with the assessment that because your coach is basically a volunteer, that you should not be competitive against other programs whom coaches are earning a full salary.

But, in my opinion, this is not the issue at hand in regards to my concerns about my position on what I preceive as the transgressions that took place on the collegiate sports of SWAC baseball this past weekend.

But, in my opinion. It is time to move forward, but less we not forget those preceived transgressions, and continue to build a better and stronger athletics program actively operating with the spirit of rules and guidelines set by our governing bodies. We must not let this stop our resolve to build a more competitive athletics program.

TSU baseball has had the luxury of its rival not committing any effort to baseball the past few years so basically, they didn't have to put out much effort to win. They could go into the hispanic schools and recruit some decent players who had nowhere else to go. HIs brother-in law is a major league scout so he sends his talent from the East Coast...all you got to do is give them a pell grant and some extra aid, they were signed. It was easy since no one else was bothering to look at them.

In addition, Candy has had the luxury of some kids falling into his lap thanks to football. Corey Alexander was a gift from the heavans along with Issac Daniels. We signed a kid in football who plays for a good program in one of the state's toughest districts. Thanks for the gift.

in 2 years, PV has basically caught up with TSU and we will pass you all next year....why? Everywhere Candy recruited like the Milbys and Austins, Robertson went in and cleaned up and basically dried up the pipeline.

Candy had a pipeline to Denver, Robertson came in and recruited a MLB-caliber center fielder from there and we have another back also.

Candy has 1 of Robertson's best players from high school in the program but he has never made made it on the field. He doesn't touch many ineligibles.

this was the statement year and we made it but it came down to personal agendas at the end. From this point on, it's personal.

and unlike SU, he won't stockpile decent black players from Houston on the bench like Southern has. The ones that played this weekend for SU haven't treally progressed by sitting on the bench. When they were thrown out there, they looked confused. Our freshmen contributed instantly.

us PV folks have been nice about holding back on TSU, but when you have administrators making backroom deals, it's not pretty.

jag4life said:
I think he meant "an 8th" as in 1/8.

No, I meant 11th.

I know there are 10 schools within the conference but to show that our AD/administration doesn't give a damn about baseball, I used the number 11 to represent that it is beyond pathetic.

C-LeB28 said:
No, I meant 11th.

I know there are 10 schools within the conference but to show that our AD/administration doesn't give a damn about baseball, I used the number 11 to represent that it is beyond pathetic.

That's basically what he was saying...the budget is 1/8 of what everyone else's is...meaning for every $8 every one else spends...TSU spends $1.

us PV folks have been nice about holding back on TSU, but when you have administrators making backroom deals, it's not pretty.[/QUOTE]

I really do not think we made back room deal. PV made the back room deal, knowing our current athletic administrator would be at a disadvantage.

The problem was our Coach was a little smarter than his boss. He was able to present and argument that had a precedent. Southern season ending with 26 games, gave TSU an out. In most cases when there is not a rule in place, you utlized common rules. Major league base utilizes the same type of formula. The loss column plays a big part.

By the way we will concede baseball. Most TSU folks are glad PV is competitive, we realize the only way for us to have any big games, PV must be competive. The rivalry is your head as we simply expect to win. There things I will not say on this board, however you know for fact we were at a big disadvantage in this situation.

you all were in a better situation...ask your coach about his pregame conversation with the SWAC....better yet, call McClelland and ask him how he feels.

again, if we weren't lied to, you really think we would've let SU in? That's the issue at hand....we just learned now that we don't have to follow the rules and life still goes on.

YA'LL JUST DON'T GET IT!!

It's a conspiracy!

SU begged PVAMU to play the make-up games...
AND allowed PVAMU to beat them 3 of 4...
AND it still wasn't enough!
It's a conspiracy!!

SU should have beat PV and then it would have been a done deal!

:uzi: DAYUM that CADOR!!!! :smash: :smash: :smash:

:bawling: :bawling:

:devil2:

the band fan said:
you all were in a better situation...ask your coach about his pregame conversation with the SWAC....better yet, call McClelland and ask him how he feels.

again, if we weren't lied to, you really think we would've let SU in? That's the issue at hand....we just learned now that we don't have to follow the rules and life still goes on.
Dude you really, really need to get some help. What makes you think PV had a say so about whether or not they play the game when there has already been a example set when they made SU play Uapb you were the last seed out?

What does PV bring to the table.........really? Nothing! You have spent hours on this board ranting and raving about how it was a conspiracy and he said this and they said that and not one ounce of proof. It's truly sad, but what's even more sadder is the fact there are so many following you like a bunch of dumb pigs to slaughter.

what in the hell do you know about the SWAC Mr. Bluedog? By you attending practices and knowing a few folks at SU, you think you really know something. If you do, it's biased and spinned around. Tell us what makes you think you know so much. 98% of the Jags who run their mouth on here can only claim the advocate and their private forum as their source of "real" SU info...hell, you don't go to any of the events and talk with SWAC administrators so you really think you know something?

me on the other hand....everything I say is true...you want to compare credentials? I'm ready if you are.....

the band fan said:
uh....there's no paper to complain to......but it was the talk of the tournament today....everybody asked why we weren't there....and the culprit didn't show up who screwed us..

From what I saw...this was Prairie View's tournament....
Yeah real informative and credible :rolleyes:

bluedog said:
Yeah real informative and credible :rolleyes:

You're gonna believe whatever you want to anyway, but folks in the stands were talking about the mess on how things went down. They are more in favor of doing 6 teams and some even mentioned 8. They also spoke about just taking the top 6 by record regardless of division.

Back