SWAC Office.......come out and show your faces...cowards

Storm96 said:
I doubt if Vowels or Dooley will agree to go on Ralph Cooper. Dooley seemed to be very defensive. I expected more from people representing the Conference.

Yes he was kind of defensive, he really couldn't defend the action that the Swac office took.

After the way they have been making decisions and passing the buck on other decisions, the leadership of the conferance is truely being questioned.

they can't justify this dumb decision.....that's the point I am trying to make.....The AD threw By-laws and constitution at them and they still come up with a boneheadead decision...what makes ths worse is that we aren't even tied!

Do you think the TSU/GSU game didn't get finished because their series was not being "policed" enough? What I mean is that Cador was lobbying hard to get the 2 games in against PV because we knew that we needed them. PV was wrapped up in those decisions and debates too. Did this possibly distract them from lobbying to have TSU/GSU complete their series? Based on what I've read here it sounds like a lot of the TSU/GSU decision was left up to TSU. PV, did you all have folks camped out in Houston to keep an eye on what was going on there?

Did all of this have to be decided over the weekend or could some of this have been resolved on Monday? We keep referencing back to when SU had to play UAPB a few years ago to resolved a tie breaker. The decision and games happened during the week of the tournament. Why did all of this get resolved over the weekend?

I was at the TSU game and I saw the two coaches and some guy posing as their assistant AD sit at the pitchers mound for 30 minutes deciding what to do. After twiddling their thumbs, they went on and sent GSU home.

That's when I knew the fix was in place...

hmmm...why was Candy at Prairie View on friday? You ever heard of a conference call? All 3 teams were in town...come on....they hate the new guy so they gang up on him.

the band fan said:
hmmm...why was Candy at Prairie View on friday? You ever heard of a conference call? All 3 teams were in town...come on....they hate the new guy so they gang up on him.

This is the saddest...

I really feel for PV's team. I would have imagined that this outcome would have been the very last attempt to solve this issue.

If it ain't right then it ain't right.

bottom line...our AD was told something and then they switched their decision....we weren't going to play Southern if we did not have to. All I want again is Vowells to come to PV and tell the kids in their face their reasoning for not allowing them to go.

BASEBALL- Tournament seeding literally came down to the last game of the regular season in the West division as Division leader Southern needed to complete a four-game set with Prairie View A&M (who was bribed into playing) to meet conference requirements to compete in the SWAC championship tournament. [bracket]

Prairie View, locked in a three-way tie for second place with Texas Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff, swept the series 3-1 to finish with a Division record of 17-15 (.531). Texas Southern, however, swept two games from Grambling State to finish the season with a Division record of 15-13 (.536) and the Tigers captured the division?s second seed. (despite playing 4 less games than PV)

Fiyah said:
The decision was not based on percentage points. The decision was based on the head to head competition between PV & TSU. Wallace Dooley (Swac's Media Relations Person) stated on KCOH-AM (Houston) how it was decided.

I didn't catch Dooley on the Ralph's show but according to swac.org, the seeding was based on percentage points

http://www.swac.org/03-04/news/spngchmpclose0503.htm

Prairie View, locked in a three-way tie for second place with Texas Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff, swept the series 3-1 to finish with a Division record of 17-15 <b>(.531) </b>. Texas Southern, however, swept two games from Grambling State to finish the season with a Division record of 15-13 <b>(.536)</b> and the Tigers captured the division?s second seed.

Jag Voice said:
I didn't catch Dooley on the Ralph's show but according to swac.org, the seeding was based on percentage points

Prairie View, locked in a three-way tie for second place with Texas Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff, swept the series 3-1 to finish with a Division record of 17-15 <b>(.531) </b>. Texas Southern, however, swept two games from Grambling State to finish the season with a Division record of 15-13 <b>(.536)</b> and the Tigers captured the division?s second seed.
Well, did he state why he didnt let them finish their final four games that would have affected their percentages?

I am not really following the band fan. PV whooped up on SU and still had a lower percentage than TxSo. I seem to recall a few years ago that Alcorn had the best record in the EAST but JSU ended up with the top seed and I think we went on to win the baseball championship. This occured because Alcorn had not played the conference mandated number of games. So as long as TxSO played the mandated number of games, nothing foul was done (officially).

I guess your argument is that they schemed to get over and they did by finding a loophole in the rules because they had a choice to play more games and chose not to.

they told us, we tie we have a playoff if we graciously let SU in...the conference lied and turned their backs after we took 3.

It really should not have come to this. According to my source the one inning game between TSU and PV should never have occurred. The game should have reverted to the last completed inning. TSU was ahead and should have been awarded the win. Enough innings were finished for it to be a completed game.

the band fan said:
I was at the TSU game and I saw the two coaches and some guy posing as their assistant AD sit at the pitchers mound for 30 minutes deciding what to do. After twiddling their thumbs, they went on and sent GSU home.

That's when I knew the fix was in place...

You were at the TSU game and saw the 2 coaches. Did PV have anybody there officially monitoring the game? When those coaches and the assistant AD were meeting to decide what to do, PV should have been there officially keeping an eye on everything to be sure that you weren't negativelly impacted.

You are accusing everybody of a fix. Aren't you once again being too emotional? Do you have proof of a fix? And what was the fix? Based on what I've been reading here, the fix was to not let PV into the tournament because SU was afraid to play PV. Why couldn't this simply be a case of TSU wanting to get into the tournament?

You mentioned that TSU had somebody at the SU/PV game as if that was a bad thing and part of this so called fix. I think you all should have done the same thing and had somebody at the TSU/GSU game to look out for yourself.

Hey C-leb, still rootin for PV? :emlaugh:

tbf theory is the equivalent on G.W. Bush going after Saddem Hussein for 9/11 simply bull****

I think PV got punked out of a play-off birth. From what i've read, PV knew they finished behind TSU (based on both schools winning percentage points).

PV agreed to play SU if and only is PV would gain a one game play-off with TSU. SU needed to play two to four games (i'm not sure how many they needed to play) so they would qualify for the tournament.

The SWAC office agreed, so PV agreed to play SU. After SU played enough games to qualify for the tournament, the SWAC office reneged on the deal they made between SU and PV.

It sounds like PV was trying to screw TSU. If PV had not agreed to play SU, then SU wouldn't had enough games to qualify for the tournament and TSU and PV would have represented the SWAC west division.

We all knew SU was going to get in this tournament some how. PV has no one to blame but themselves. If yall didn't kiss SU's you know what, then SU and the SWAC had to find another avenue for SU to play enough games to qualify for the tournament.

Sound like PV got PLAYED. :jump:
The SWAC office is ruthless

Texas Southern Fan said:
I think PV got punked out of a play-off birth. From what i've read, PV knew they finished behind TSU (based on both schools winning percentage points).

PV agreed to play SU if and only is PV would gain a one game play-off with TSU. SU needed to play two to four games (i'm not sure how many they needed to play) so they would qualify for the tournament.

The SWAC office agreed, so PV agreed to play SU. After SU played enough games to qualify for the tournament, the SWAC office reneged on the deal they made between SU and PV.

It sounds like PV was trying to screw TSU. If PV had not agreed to play SU, then SU wouldn't had enough games to qualify for the tournament and TSU and PV would have represented the SWAC west division.

We all knew SU was going to get in this tournament some how. PV has no one to blame but themselves. If yall didn't kiss SU's you know what, then SU and the SWAC had to find another avenue for SU to play enough games to qualify for the tournament.

Sound like PV got PLAYED. :jump:
The SWAC office is ruthless
That wasn't going to happen other than in band fans mind. They woud have been force to play us this week just like we were force to play UAPB in 2000.

bluedog said:
So? We were force to go and play pinebluff (i think it was them) in 2000, so what makes a team that does nothing for the conf. in a positve way exempt?

Btw our kids had to take makeup exams and get ready for the ncaa tourney within one day.

Jag Voice said:

Prairie View, locked in a three-way tie for second place with Texas Southern and Arkansas-Pine Bluff, swept the series 3-1 to finish with a Division record of 17-15 <b>(.531) </b>. Texas Southern, however, swept two games from Grambling State to finish the season with a Division record of 15-13 <b>(.536)</b> and the Tigers captured the division’s second seed.

They just posted that on their website too after taking a beating from the callers on the show about the whole deal. He stated how they determined it and now wants to change on how that decision was made after the fact to try to save face. :smh:

Look at those times that they have these games being played. No one will be out there at 11:00 in the morning on a thursday or even a friday. I was planning on going out there but I'm not taking off from work to do it. I'll catch te friday evening and saturday games. Why are the softball and baseball championship games overlapping. They should be 2 hours apart that way when the women finished, you could walk over and watch the men play. I see they upped the prices for games out there also, all other tournaments that are played out there are $3.00 per day. For those that will be attending these games, "The Stadium" field is the first one on your left after you enter thru the gate and "The Yard" is north of the main pavilion. You can park in the middle section and walk back to where "The Yard" field is located. If you are bring sall children they have several areas where they can play that is covered from foul balls.

this situation is getting sadder by the minute.....it was indeed a fix and the individuals involved need to ashamed of themselves. The bottom line is that if you don't kiss or beat Cador's team more than twice (they consider below 2 wins a fluke), they don't like you.

Candy can't beat them and he knows helping Robertson will drive his program further down the tube than it is already is so he will side with Cador...Ellis is getting his feet wet, he may or may not be around but siding with Cador will help his chances and UAPB is stuck out on an island...

The SWAC Commissioner for baseball is Roger Cador.

This is for Mom, as for the TSU officials, they know....they really, really know...I have lost all what little respect I had for them...but when the SWAC isn't helping you, what can you do?

WE might as well go to the Southland...they take more than 4 teams

Back