SWAC football press conference – Week 2

It's Kentucky 😆. I watched the game twice. They are solid with talent. This isn't the ulm team of old. They've been getting twenty 3⭐ players every year. Bowden also brought in 50 new guys since he was hired

My neighbor's son here in the DFW is a freshman DB with ULM, they have been working hard, but I really think JSU will win this one

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Bowden knows our entire roster. They will come out ready to go after us. His pregame press conference was not about respecting us even though we are fcs. When he said we may be more talented than them...I understood exactly what he was doing. If we win, he will make sure people remember what he said about us. If we lose it will make their win more important.

We must be prepared for a battle.

Bowden knows our entire roster. They will come out ready to go after us. His pregame press conference was not about respecting us even though we are fcs. When he said we may be more talented than them...I understood exactly what he was doing. If we win, he will make sure people remember what he said about us. If we lose it will make their win more important.

Yes yes yes, that is coach speak saying that my opponent is more athletic, but we will out scheme them.

He also said Deion is my daddy's friend not mine, I'm coming for blood

Yea go watch them. They aren't the team from last year. I picked them to win but hope I'm wrong
I just checked out the game film, box score, and recruiting class. Yeah... I still got y'all winning this game. ULM is making the changes they need to make, but at a slower pace. Y'all have more top-tier talent than them. They have y'all on overall depth, but when it comes to strength vs strength (their offense vs. your defense) I think your depth there will help you as the game goes on.

ULM's offense is still trying to find their identity. Their weak spots are along the o-line, especially at the tackle position. They are SLOW in containing the edge rush, and the QB couldn't pick up the blitzes that UK was throwing at them. If I was your DC I'd throw in a lot of disguised corner blitzes, but keep the middle of the field protected, because they will carve you up. Your DC has a tendency to leave y'all exposed here.

ULM's defense did not look good to me. That secondary will be exploited this year in FBS. They were getting burned all game long by Kentucky on the deep balls. If Shedeur just tests them every now and then, watch what will happen. The rest of their defense will soften up. It'll be interesting to see how some of your WRs fair in 1-on-1 situations. I'm expecting the Alabama xfer to have a big game.

Special Teams is where ULM has the big advantage, but that is why I think maintaining field position is the key to JSU's (and the SWAC's) victory. You don't want it to come down to that unit having to make a play to win the game for you. Just worry about keeping the field long for them.

Yep. And if he knows our entire roster, surely he knows how to attack us and is planning a strategy to target us in the middle and with a punishing run game with multiple backs to tire out our defense. That's what good coaches do..they are always strategizing even during the off season for practice.

Some of our coaches are just so far behind in this concept or just plain ole lazy!

Yep. And if he knows our entire roster, surely he knows how to attack us and is planning a strategy to target us in the middle and with a punishing run game with multiple backs to tire out our defense. That's what good coaches do..they are always strategizing even during the off season for practice.

Some of our coaches are just so far behind in this concept or just plain ole lazy!

We need to have a game plan as well. Tnsu could've exposed the middle with their TE. We will have to rotate our guys on defense...Gaddy and Cj are the weak links.

Offensively, we need to play another rb other than marshall. We need to stop putting Dunbar all over the line and understand that he is best at guard. You don't play your best lineman at tackle. OC better stop calling bs plays especially with the run game.

We need to have a game plan as well. Tnsu could've exposed the middle with their TE. We will have to rotate our guys on defense...Gaddy and Cj are the weak links.

Offensively, we need to play another rb other than marshall. We need to stop putting Dunbar all over the line and understand that he is best at guard. You don't play your best lineman at tackle. OC better stop calling bs plays especially with the run game.
Yep, the TE drag is open in the middle, but it will take an accurate QB to get it there while the blitz is coming up the middle as well as on the edges. So far, the only QB that I believe has the potential, I.Q. and patience to execute that play is Glass at A&M.

However, there is a weakness to that TE cross and drag in the middle. I wont say it right now, but I'm sure Dennis Thurman has a counter to this! We just haven't had to deploy it yet, because other QB's cant execute effectively at the moment.

As for Gaddy, he just needs to learn how to dip at the edge and use his hands more with a strong arm hook move! He has missed out on approximately 4 sacks because of this over the past 2 games. He leads the conference in QB hurries however. He'll be okay after a few more games. Just needs to get used to playing that position and understanding the small nuances of the role. Once he puts it all together, watch out! He will be a monster!

I just checked out the game film, box score, and recruiting class. Yeah... I still got y'all winning this game. ULM is making the changes they need to make, but at a slower pace. Y'all have more top-tier talent than them. They have y'all on overall depth, but when it comes to strength vs strength (their offense vs. your defense) I think your depth there will help you as the game goes on.

ULM's offense is still trying to find their identity. Their weak spots are along the o-line, especially at the tackle position. They are SLOW in containing the edge rush, and the QB couldn't pick up the blitzes that UK was throwing at them. If I was your DC I'd throw in a lot of disguised corner blitzes, but keep the middle of the field protected, because they will carve you up. Your DC has a tendency to leave y'all exposed here.

ULM's defense did not look good to me. That secondary will be exploited this year in FBS. They were getting burned all game long by Kentucky on the deep balls. If Shedeur just tests them every now and then, watch what will happen. The rest of their defense will soften up. It'll be interesting to see how some of your WRs fair in 1-on-1 situations. I'm expecting the Alabama xfer to have a big game.

Special Teams is where ULM has the big advantage, but that is why I think maintaining field position is the key to JSU's (and the SWAC's) victory. You don't want it to come down to that unit having to make a play to win the game for you. Just worry about keeping the field long for them.
Great analysis on both teams. I agree that we probably are more talented on paper but they have more quality depth and our talent is really YOUNG. We are playing 11 true freshmen which means their play can be unpredictable.

You're spot on with their tackles and I said the same thing about their secondary. But they were playing Kentucky so it's hard to decipher if they are really bad in those spots or did Kentucky just make them look bad.

Defensively we are left exposed a lot across the middle.

Our sp teams unit overall isn't bad it's the fg kicker. We do everything else well except there, which could come back to hurt us in close games. Hopefully we can pull out the win. I'm sure the staff will have us prepared

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yeah, but "entertainment" is not the purpose of these calls. And more often than not, his antics, you call "entertainment" border on being sophomoric.
Well, whatever you call it.

GIF by Giphy QA

Back