SWAC football press conference – Week 2

Oh lawd, here we go

the temptations 1990s GIF
😄

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I can’t wait to see Deion get his ex football players 6 figure salaries who don’t make the NFL.
I guess he had very little love for the ones he sent to the transfer portal.

I can’t wait to see Deion get his ex football players 6 figure salaries who don’t make the NFL.
I guess he had very little love for the ones he sent to the transfer portal.
He sent them there because he LOVED them. How many coaches you seen block athletes from going somewhere else? And alot of them was soft and couldn't take tough criticism. (Ex. Freshman OL that just left)

I just checked out the game film, box score, and recruiting class. Yeah... I still got y'all winning this game. ULM is making the changes they need to make, but at a slower pace. Y'all have more top-tier talent than them. They have y'all on overall depth, but when it comes to strength vs strength (their offense vs. your defense) I think your depth there will help you as the game goes on.

ULM's offense is still trying to find their identity. Their weak spots are along the o-line, especially at the tackle position. They are SLOW in containing the edge rush, and the QB couldn't pick up the blitzes that UK was throwing at them. If I was your DC I'd throw in a lot of disguised corner blitzes, but keep the middle of the field protected, because they will carve you up. Your DC has a tendency to leave y'all exposed here.

ULM's defense did not look good to me. That secondary will be exploited this year in FBS. They were getting burned all game long by Kentucky on the deep balls. If Shedeur just tests them every now and then, watch what will happen. The rest of their defense will soften up. It'll be interesting to see how some of your WRs fair in 1-on-1 situations. I'm expecting the Alabama xfer to have a big game.

Special Teams is where ULM has the big advantage, but that is why I think maintaining field position is the key to JSU's (and the SWAC's) victory. You don't want it to come down to that unit having to make a play to win the game for you. Just worry about keeping the field long for them.

The talent is there for The Mighty JSU to win. Their motto about "Believe" will be tested. That is my only concern.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You not talking about David Godsey?
Yep lil David is a DB for ULM his kids grew up with mine, I was going to roll with Godsey to the game but I have to work, lil David is fast tho, not sure how much he is playing since he is a freshman. "I just got hit, girl you better go to I just got hit .com, OK!!!" LOL

We will be ready that's for sure. Hate it's storming the entire weekend.
Is it really a big deal if JSU don't beat this FBS team? They still undefeated in the conference and will be something to deal with for other FCS schools

Is it really a big deal if JSU don't beat this FBS team? They still undefeated in the conference and will be something to deal with for other FCS schools
Not to me. I don't expect a win I'm just looking for quality play. We are a 24 point underdog in this matchup.

Not to me. I don't expect a win I'm just looking for quality play. We are a 24 point underdog in this matchup.
JSU is poised for this victory, at ulm's place and I expect it, like I expect me to last 42 seconds during a sex session. (pray for me)

I just hope the weather holds up. We know the slight issues on D, which I seriously hope have been resolved. I'm seriously waiting on THEE breakout of this ONE on D, where his future is VERY promising but I think he's overthinking too much w/ his effort. I'm sure the coaching staff has addressed it.

From Headache CEO downward, the rest are ready ready ready.

JSU is poised for this victory, at ulm's place and I expect it, like I expect me to last 42 seconds during a sex session. (pray for me)

I just hope the weather holds up. We know the slight issues on D, which I seriously hope have been resolved. I'm seriously waiting on THEE breakout of this ONE on D, where his future is VERY promising but I think he's overthinking too much w/ his effort. I'm sure the coaching staff has addressed it.

From Headache CEO downward, the rest are ready ready ready.

You a fool lol

Yea that weather isn't looking good at all. Storming the entire weekend.
Yes way too much overthinking instead of trusting your instincts. Malik McClain is waiting in the wings to replace him so he better figure it out. James Houston is a beast off the edge so I'm sure he will live in Ulm backfield. Their offensive tackles are their weakness.

I believe we will have a good showing. The team is locked in

We will be ready that's for sure. Hate it's storming the entire weekend.
ND,
People really don't realize how rain can change the strategy of one's team philosophy. I can only remember AAMU throwing one deep pass against BCU and the safety made an awesome play and knocked the ball away. BCU made us play big boy physical football and we barely survived. This is a not a knock on JSU, just my opinion. Don't get caught up in "it's raining" and the referees, and you all have a great chance to win. If Thee JSU really "Believe", then it's showtime! We will be watching!

ND,
People really don't realize how rain can change the strategy of one's team philosophy. I can only remember AAMU throwing one deep pass against BCU and the safety made an awesome play and knocked the ball away. BCU made us play big boy physical football and we barely survived. This is a not a knock on JSU, just my opinion. Don't get caught up in "it's raining" and the referees, and you all have a great chance to win. If Thee JSU really "Believe", then it's showtime! We will be watching!

The rain affected our play during the OBC but it comes with the territory. Both teams will have to play in those elements. We are a passing team so im sure it will show down what we do offensively. Defense need to be ready to play.

Back