SWAC football press conference – Week 2

Primetime Deion Sanders definitely needs to be the caboose on these calls as he is worth the entertainment. He ruffles feathers for some, but if he backs it up no one can say anything as you had your opportunity.

Good luck against ULM. Let us know how you are treated as fans. Some Gramfan mentioned they would never go back to their stadium for a game. Monroe is only 1.5 hrs from Jackson, so I am sure J-State will represent.

Someone should let Coach Prime know that 46,000 is not unusual for FCS football as he suggested in the coaches' weekly press conference. Similar and greater crowds have been showing up for years among some SWAC matchups and especially classic matchups such as the Southern Heritage. Southern vs. Grambling in the Bayou Classic; AAMU vs. Alabama State in the Magic City Classic; FAMU vs. Cookman in the Florida Classic; and Southern at Jackson State, a non-classic game, all come to mind.
I agree and what he doesn’t know is 46,000 is actually a decrease in the southern heritage classic from previous years because of covid. My dad got 40 tickets for our family and friends this year and due to covid only 15 came on to the game and SHC went off of actual attendance and not tickets sold.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Primetime Deion Sanders definitely needs to be the caboose on these calls as he is worth the entertainment. He ruffles feathers for some, but if he backs it up no one can say anything as you had your opportunity.

Good luck against ULM. Let us know how you are treated as fans. Some Gramfan mentioned they would never go back to their stadium for a game. Monroe is only 1.5 hrs from Jackson, so I am sure J-State will represent.
imagine how they're going to act when jsu goes up in there and wins.

Lol
I did like what Maynor had to say also in regards to our conference against thee "others"
But yes Coach Prime isn't settling for mediocrity. Hopefully we can pull out a win this weekend.
I'm so embarrassed for PV, you could tell when Dr. Cavil asked Dooley questions about HBU that he has looked at less tape on them than me. Even I have looked at how they played their last game smh

If he hasn't looked at tape on HBU then you know the team has no clue what to expect. We paying 1/4 million dollars for this kind of leadership? smh

I'm so embarrassed for PV, you could tell when Dr. Cavil asked Dooley questions about HBU that he has looked at less tape on them than me. Even I have looked at how they played their last game smh

If he hasn't looked at tape on HBU then you know the team has no clue what to expect. We paying 1/4 million dollars for this kind of leadership? smh
He reminds me of Comegy. He couldn't care any less about out of conference opponents. I still expect pv to contend for the crown

Gonna be a tall task. Even though they played Kentucky Ulm looked solid. Good defense, qb and Rbs. Their offensive tempo is going to give us major problems if we can't get off the field. Offensively we can't have a slow start or this one could get ugly.
I don't know man. They only had 87 total yards to Kentucky's 564...

It's Kentucky 😆. I watched the game twice. They are solid with talent. This isn't the ulm team of old. They've been getting twenty 3⭐ players every year. Bowden also brought in 50 new guys since he was hired.
Yep. Completely different ULM team from years past. They will win some games this year! I just hope we come out and play disciplined and and not look intimidated just because they are FBS. Need to see how our team speed compares to theirs, and whether we can execute our game plan against an opponent who has had 2 weeks to prepare for us!

I'm pretty sure Regions is just a sponsor. I'm not made at coach prime. the rest of fcs isn't bring in swac level crowds. he's right about that. I like his attitude about playing fbs opponents. Someone should ask the other coaches if jacksonville state can win these games every now and then... why can't we? I mean if bama state doesn't get a punt blocked and give up a field goal, if they score a td instead of attempting a field goal that's blocked and returned for an auburn td... it could have easily been 10-7 at half time. then the 2nd half is an entirely different animal. instead poorly executed or coached special teams had them down 20-0. you can't do that and win a swac game yet alone a sec game.
bama state lost to uab for basically the same reason... they had an extra point blocked that made them go for 2 later that they didn't get and... gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown. how many times does special teams have to beat you b/f you get it fixed?
Regions is a sponsor? But why he gotta look like he outside their office begging for a loan? That looked tacky.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yep. Completely different ULM team from years past. They will win some games this year! I just hope we come out and play disciplined and and not look intimidated just because they are FBS. Need to see how our team speed compares to theirs, and whether we can execute our game plan against an opponent who has had 2 weeks to prepare for us!
Agreed. People are forgetting they are FBS and overturned their roster with a new coaching staff (with 2 weeks of film preparation). Im not looking for a W I'm looking at how we play and match up. I'm sure the staff will prepare to win this game as they've done for the others.

It's Kentucky 😆. I watched the game twice. They are solid with talent. This isn't the ulm team of old. They've been getting twenty 3⭐ players every year. Bowden also brought in 50 new guys since he was hired.
Not really expecting a win, but I think it can be competitive for a while.

I have JSU winning it. I'm not impressed with ULM on the surface, but I haven't seen any game film of them from THIS year yet. Let me go check it out before I mess up my picks this week.

I could see JSU's defense keeping them in the game long enough to figure out something offensively. The difference in the game, to me, will come down to who controls field position, and keep the field short for their offense?

I have JSU winning it. I'm not impressed with ULM on the surface, but I haven't seen any game film of them from THIS year yet. Let me go check it out before I mess up my picks this week.

I could see JSU's defense keeping them in the game long enough to figure out something offensively. The difference in the game, to me, will come down to who controls field position, and keep the field short for their offense?
Yea go watch them. They aren't the team from last year. I picked them to win but hope I'm wrong

Back