44:30 – Willie Simmons – Florida A&M
54:28 – Broderick Fobbs – Grambling State
1:05:00 – Doc Gamble – Arkansas-Pine Bluff
1:12:50 – Vincent Dancy – Mississippi Valley State
1:21:28 – Eric Dooley – Prairie View A&M
1:30:00 – Jason Rollins – Southern University
1:37:13 – Clarence McKinney – Texas Southern
1:41:50 – Deion Sanders – Jackson State
Why Bama St coach interviewing outside at the Bank of Regions? He depositing that $500k check from Auburn?

Order of appearance:
0:00 – Connell Maynor – Alabama A&M
10:30 – Donald Hill-Eley – Alabama State
22:50 – Fred McNair – Alcorn State
31:30 – Terry Sims – Bethune-Cookman
44:30 – Willie Simmons – Florida A&M
54:28 – Broderick Fobbs – Grambling State
1:05:00 – Doc Gamble – Arkansas-Pine Bluff
1:12:50 – Vincent Dancy – Mississippi Valley State
1:21:28 – Eric Dooley – Prairie View A&M
1:30:00 – Jason Rollins – Southern University
1:37:13 – Clarence McKinney – Texas Southern
1:41:50 – Deion Sanders – Jackson State
Why Bama St coach interviewing outside at the Bank of Regions? He depositing that $500k check from Auburn

Someone should let Coach Prime know that 46,000 is not unusual for FCS football as he suggested in the coaches' weekly press conference. Similar and greater crowds have been showing up for years among some SWAC matchups and especially classic matchups such as the Southern Heritage. Southern vs. Grambling in the Bayou Classic; AAMU vs. Alabama State in the Magic City Classic; FAMU vs. Cookman in the Florida Classic; and Southern at Jackson State, a non-classic game, all come to mind.

Someone should let Coach Prime know that 46,000 is not unusual for FCS football as he suggested in the coaches' weekly press conference. Similar and greater crowds have been showing up for years among some SWAC matchups and especially classic matchups such as the Southern Heritage. Southern vs. Grambling in the Bayou Classic; AAMU vs. Alabama State in the Magic City Classic; FAMU vs. Cookman in the Florida Classic; and Southern at Jackson State, a non-classic game, all come to mind.
Earle,

That’s typical Deion bro. He knows very little about SWAC history so of course everything he’s doing has never been done before.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm pretty sure he gave a disclaimer that he's new to this and still learning. He dropped lots of positivity in his presser yet y'all chose to list the 1 thing he got incorrect 😆 🤣
Of course he was positive about several things he mentioned! I'm not discountng that! I love the attention he has brought to HBCU sports. Look, criticism is not necessarily a negative thing. It helps to keep one alert and on his Ps and Qs, if one can accept constructive crticism and grow from it.

How does SU feel about it’s new interim head coach ?
Coach Rollins' novicity shows in every interview he does. The same is not lost on those of us who are SU alums. In many instances he seems downright uncomfortable handling the administratative duties of a HC. Rollins is not traditionally of the HBCU persuasion, and I suspect it will take him a minute to make the requisite adjustments.

I'm pretty sure Regions is just a sponsor. I'm not made at coach prime. the rest of fcs isn't bring in swac level crowds. he's right about that. I like his attitude about playing fbs opponents. Someone should ask the other coaches if jacksonville state can win these games every now and then... why can't we? I mean if bama state doesn't get a punt blocked and give up a field goal, if they score a td instead of attempting a field goal that's blocked and returned for an auburn td... it could have easily been 10-7 at half time. then the 2nd half is an entirely different animal. instead poorly executed or coached special teams had them down 20-0. you can't do that and win a swac game yet alone a sec game.
bama state lost to uab for basically the same reason... they had an extra point blocked that made them go for 2 later that they didn't get and... gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown. how many times does special teams have to beat you b/f you get it fixed?

Back