SWAC Coming to Jesus ASAP

Man you sound like those folks on AGS. Clearly you haven't been paying attention to Aggie football. Check out our performance against fcs and G5's.

2013 - Beat #21App State, Beat Elon
2014 - Beat AAMU, Beat Elon, Lost to #5 Coastal Carolina 30-31
2015 - Beat Elon, Beat Alcorn (CB)
2016 - Beat Kent State(fbs), Lost to Tulsa(fbs), Lost to Richmond (FCS playoffs)
2017 - Beat Charlotte, Beat Gardner Webb, Beat Grambling (CB)
2018 - Beat #8 Jax State; Beat ECU(fbs); Beat Gardner Webb, Beat Alcorn (CB)
2019 - Beat #18 Elon, Beat Charleston Southern

You can't talk football with band folks

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and declare yourself as a top 10 FCS team, but I seriously doubt ya'll would win against Liberty and ND State. Your mentality is exactly why the SWAC and HBCU football in general is in constant decline. Basically, the delusional everything is fine mentality. LOL!!!

I don't have to declare us as anything. The numbers speak for themselves. We've spent over 50 consecutive weeks ranked in the national polls. Last season we were ranked as high as #4 and ended at #11. This season in what is a down year for us we'll still finish top 25. Instead of trying to discredit our accomplishments like the folks on AGS perhaps you should be looking for best practices. Hint......nut riding and bowing down to PWI's ain't one of em. Smh......Nicholls State.

But he did enough on the collegiate level to warrant the heisman hoist. Great college players doesn't necessarily translate to great(er) professional players (see Tebow et al). But I'd take someone like a Tebow @ PVAMU w/ his moxy, athleticsm, intelligence, and work ethic.

Go figure... lol

Baker also benefited from playing with a coach who could consistently scheme guys open and create mismatches, too.

I don't have to declare us as anything. The numbers speak for themselves. We've spent over 50 consecutive weeks ranked in the national polls. Last season we were ranked as high as #4 and ended at #11. This season in what is a down year for us we'll still finish top 25. Instead of trying to discredit our accomplishments like the folks on AGS perhaps you should be looking for best practices. Hint......nut riding and bowing down to PWI's ain't one of em. Smh......Nicholls State.

No one is discrediting ya'll accomplishment against HBCUs. When SU was winning and kicking ass against other HBCUs during Pete Richardson's era, I said the same thing. I still remember SU going undefeated one season against HBCUs with one lone lost to Nicholls State. I noticed then that HBCU coaches are not coaching on their level. Like I previously stated, HBCU football has been declining for DECADES. Now that the SWAC is being completely dominated by the MEAC, folks on this board are finally realizing what I have been saying for DECADES. When SU decided to raise Pete's salary to $200k, I said then maybe we should consider hiring the best coach available for that amount of money. By the way, SU still has an overall winning record over the MEAC and NCA&T. Our only dilemma is our series record against FAMU. Nutriding PWIs and literally getting our ass beat by them are two different things. I'm sure you will find that out next season when ya'll play ND State. ND State is no Elon or Jacksonville State. I bet the game won't even be close. Even if Broadway came back to coach, they will knock ya'll off ya'll delusional HBCU high horse. Right now, your delusional blinders make it hard for you to see that we pay individuals way too much money to call themselves football coaches at our institutions. Also, North Carolina football is weak in general, which is somewhat clouding your vision as well. NCA&T football is pretty much all you North Cackalackies have to brag on. The Power 5 schools there are weak as doodoo. So when you start beating your chest about beating non-HBCUs outside of the Carolinas, you might would want to stick to basketball. LOL!!!

Last edited:

A&T is the class of HBCU football right now and is a well run university top to bottom in all facets. Personally, I wasnt impressed by Nicholls state. A bad, poorly coached PV team had them on the ropes.

Keep pumping them up. Nicholls State is definitely no Morgan State. As previously stated, crackheads in a burning house. LMAO!!!

Man, I dont know about Nicholls St, but A&T looked like cooked shit. That #81 looked good running the fly, cause Alcorn slow ass DB looked like a dyslexic running after him and Alcorn coach never adjusted to it. Over 100 points scored means there was 2 defenses that looked like stir fry shit and people were happy about that.

No different than the HBCU champs losing to Morgan State twice. And Norfolk State beat the dog doodoo out of Morgan State (48 - 0).

Y'all sound like a bunch of bitter broads. Look Alcorn got beat, but the truth is Alcorn kicked all of our arses and won the SWAC. Stop hating and step your game up. If you can't beat the champion of the conference get over it. The so called big three has been sucking Alcorn nutz like the rest of the SWAC for the last four to five years. Win and stop living off of 1980.
Cee, I understand your point, brother, but this isn't hate on Alcorn. This is actually constructive criticism from people who actually give a shit about this conference.

But lost two years in a row to Morgan State of all MEAC schools, which is why I put my money on Nicholls State. IMO, NCA&T success is beginning to decline a little since Coach Broadway has departed. Let's see if they maintain their success next season.
Even if that happens, that still doesn't mean a SWAC school is going to beat the MEAC representative. Keep in mind, we were 0-3 against MEAC teams just this year alone.

All I will say is this: The MEAC's signature win this season was SC State over a top 10-ranked Wofford. The SWAC's signature win was AAMU over a North Alabama (a team that finished the season 4-7).

Now, this is not a shot at AAMU. They have no control over how UNA plays the rest of its games, but when you look at the OOC teams that we did lose to (FAMU, Nichols, McNeese, etc) the results tell the story.

What exactly is the point in gassing up Nicholls state in order to discount A&Ts successes over the last decade or so?

It's not gassing up Nicholls State and I'm not knocking NCA&T success against HBCUs. What I'm saying, we as HBCUs have a lot of work to do or maybe we should do as some on here has suggested. Move down in divisional play and concentrate more on basketball. IMO, I think there's still hope for us in football. All we have to do is hire the right individuals and become more deeply involved in our football programs, from the X's and O's to the math and the mechanical science of the game. Basically, damn near every aspect of our game needs improving, which IMO it starts at the coaching level.

Last edited:
Man we all got these kids to our institution.... let’s give these kids a chance.... seriously. They could’ve sat on the bench two-three years at a fcs or fbs but chose us.... these kids are being cheated because these coaches and the lack of financial support has already put them at a disadvantage. SWAC has always had talent. We don’t develop the talent ... we ride the skill into the ground until coaches are fired or player’s are injured. Coach these kids swac... please ... I talk my smack , but We getting too the point where the upcoming generations will forget how good the SWAC is because of national performances like the one displayed in Atlanta. If we lose but our kids, coaches, and game plan was played to the best of its ability and we lose by one or two plays.... fine... tip your hat to the meac but if we getting blown out forgetting basic defensive coverages over a play that was ran multiple times then yeah, it’s time to look at ourselves deep in the mirror. Y’all know when jsu see any of y’all it’s smack but out of love, but when i see them kids from Alcorn walking away defeated representing the SWAC that’s on all of us. Let’s get this celebration W in 2020 please and use the new decade to turn a new leaf for the pride of the SWAC.

So no one is seeing the correlation between the 9-game conference schedule and the decline in quality of play in the conference?

I mean, we’ve been on this thread blaming everything else. How about a conference decision that isolated our schools (and reducing opportunities for teams to see other programs) , de-emphasizing out of conference wins in the eyes of coaches, admins and fan bases in the process?

Lowered expectations during the 9-game schedule era got the SWAC to this point ... along with bad hires (coaches/ADs), APR sanctions and other maladies.

So no one is seeing the correlation between the 9-game conference schedule and the decline in quality of play in the conference?

I mean, we’ve been on this thread blaming everything else. How about a conference decision that isolated our schools (and reducing opportunities for teams to see other programs) , de-emphasizing out of conference wins in the eyes of coaches, admins and fan bases in the process?

Lowered expectations during the 9-game schedule era got the SWAC to this point ... along with bad hires (coaches/ADs), APR sanctions and other maladies.

We play VUL as our out of conference opponent. Go figure. I know a few high schools that would beat the dog doodoo out of VUL.

Cee, I understand your point, brother, but this isn't hate on Alcorn. This is actually constructive criticism from people who actually give a shit about this conference.
Ken being a former Brave this is great conversation. To play at the level you are speaking of we need to play more non HBCUs (not P5) and make the transfer portal our home for mid-year transfers. Frat I will say since this game there has been a lot of hatred directed toward my university. Yep we had a terrible game and we did not expect that and it probably will not happen in another 20 years. Hell this same day SMU loss 50-28 and SE Louisiana loss in the FCS playoffs 73-28, Akron loss 52-3. My point is that $hit happens sometimes. But for all of those talking about what their school would have done, start first by taking care of business at home. Win a damn conference championship SU.

I’m out frat.

Last edited:
Jag89,
We win 4 out of 5 Celebration Bowls.....and your best retort is we aren't on the same level as Nichols St??
Negro - you make no damn sense.

The last time I checked, the "S" in SWAC doesn't stand for Southland. Why in the hell are you even bringing up Nichols St in this conversation?

If Alcorn would have beaten A&T, I doubt anybody from the MEAC would be saying, "But I bet they can't beat James Madison!"

Seriously SWAC brethren, does it make ANY SENSE TO ANYBODY on this board why this dude brought Nichols State into the conversation???
This is the dumbest, most ignorant and irrational isht I've seen in a looooong time.

Jag89,
We win 4 out of 5 Celebration Bowls.....and your best retort is we aren't on the same level as Nichols St??

The last time I checked, the "S" in SWAC doesn't stand for Southland. Why in the hell are you even bringing up Nichols St in this conversation?

If Alcorn would have beaten A&T, I doubt anybody from the MEAC would be saying, "But I bet they can't beat James Madison!"

Seriously SWAC brethren, does it make ANY SENSE TO ANYBODY on this board why this dude brought Nichols State into the conversation???
This is the dumbest, most ignorant and irrational isht I've seen in a looooong time.
Lol he’s emotional right now...you would think his team lost (which they would have) A9ACBC9D-BB92-470F-BE74-3D4221E2C889.jpeg

Jag89,

I see Coach Washington have ya'll all hyped. You do realize Nicholls State advanced in the first round of the FCS playoffs. And as I previously stated, even when SU was kicking ass and winning the HBCU National Football Title, I still felt incomplete, knowing that outside of HBCU football, SU was just an average program. But if it makes you sleep better, I DECLARE NCA&T THE GREATEST FOOTBALL PROGRAM OF ALL FCS. I'm sure my reality check will soon to come.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8sytzUXgXs

Last edited:
Back