SWAC Coaches on the Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already knew that... He was not in the wrong and you as a Man wouldn't accepted the behavior of that parent and that student athlete that day. Man they wore their blackish card out that day with. First person eyes knowledge. I just hate when people like him get a bad wrap and not coaching when he can help some of our HBCU's but we keep seeing all kind of other (PW) coaches getting chance to win at programs with 2nd. 3rd and 4th chances. Why we cant pick our own up instead of bad talking them. When you're in a hole you sometimes need a hand to pull you out. All luv fam... IJS....

PrettyPretty, I actually love Coach Spears and catch him at Tulane games here and there. I loved the fact that when he was winning in 2005 in Grambling, he was bringing in kids for multiple sports and getting other coaches to offer scholarships to other good athletes at schools that he would visit to see another athlete. No matter what anyone says, Spears was cool as hell and loved students.

I wish I could say more, but Spears does have some very “wild/wild” ways as well. Yes, I hope he has settled down on those ways and can get another shot. I think Valley would actually be a great 3rd chance for him. He won’t cost much for Valley’s pocket, he will schedule accordingly, be his own offensive coordinator to help his budget, and he will love were he is.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hey 662,

I can promise you that Spears damn sure would schedule accordingly at Valley a d keep y’all at least in the 5-6 category consistently. I would bet the house on it.

As much as I believe this, I do know the Spears has no chance of being hired next at Valley. As much as I actually like him as a recruiter and person who takes pride in the school that he is affiliated with, Spears is a “wild” individual when the cameras aren’t rolling. “Wild.”
Hey mannnn…Chill.. Lol

Dooley
Dooley
Dooley
Dooley
Melting Hot Dog GIF

The coach that lose between PV vs Grambling seat will be burning, good luck 😂

Grambling might as well start searching now then lol

Grambling might have a solid defense but I trust PV's offense a lot more than Grambling's. As an alum of a school with an anemic offense, all you can do is hope it gets better as the season goes along (13 point improvement from game 1 to 2 despite a two week break)

The coach that lose between PV vs Grambling seat will be burning, good luck 😂
Why when Dooley is 3-0 vs Fobbs? Dooley might be in the hot seat, but the Grambling game won’t be the reason why. If Fobbs wins, he will still be in the hot seat because he would just be 1-3 vs Dooley with a rough season in front of him. Even though PV isn’t a Championship Program, they did have very high expectations for Dooley. I think he has to really go on a tear and win 7-8 games. Everyone is beatable in their schedule besides Texas A&M. PV fans are tired of coming close on winning games.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
If we lose to PV again this year...then I think the writing should clearly be on the wall.....we really haven't done shit since Dooley left.
I been saying this for two years now when Grambling want to smack … but who am I 🤷🏾‍♂️ Prophet been telling y’all this…. Now your own coming around…

It ain't about "like", it's about his contract doesn't run out until 2022. So he has this year and next to regroup...but it won't take two years.

We lost to two FBS schools by a large margin...same as was done by his predecessors. Coach Robinson beat Oregon State twice and almost upset SMU. Other than Fobbs scare of Arizona in 2016, no other coach has come within 2 scores of winning against an FBS school. This team will win 8 to 7 games this season.

It ain't about "like", it's about his contract doesn't run out until 2022. So he has this year and next to regroup...but it won't take two years.

We lost to two FBS schools by a large margin...same as was done by his predecessors. Coach Robinson beat Oregon State twice and almost upset SMU. Other than Fobbs scare of Arizona in 2016, no other coach has come within 2 scores of winning against an FBS school. This team will win 8 to 7 games this season.

I am pretty sure Coach Rob beat Temple & Hawaii as well.

Why when Dooley is 3-0 vs Fobbs? Dooley might be in the hot seat, but the Grambling game won’t be the reason why. If Fobbs wins, he will still be in the hot seat because he would just be 1-3 vs Dooley with a rough season in front of him. Even though PV isn’t a Championship Program, they did have very high expectations for Dooley. I think he has to really go on a tear and win 7-8 games. Everyone is beatable in their schedule besides Texas A&M. PV fans are tired of coming close on winning games.
$61M investment in athletics doesn't equate to moral victories anymore. Championship caliber is the destination.

What does this have to do with the cost of a turkey leg at the Texas State Fair? Nothing! Eddie Robinson won those games before the modern era. The Great One had at least 58 recruits on his sidelines that would be going to Oklahoma and Texas in this era. It was a different time, and different place.

Props to Kincaid………I mean Fobbs for giving Arizona a slap on the face before losing the fight, but that shiiit is nothing to put in a damn resume! We lost man. We couldn’t beat Arizona without one player! Let the SWAC programs that aren’t used to winning titles drink a beer together for “almost beating” a FBS school. Those ass beating against Tulane, ULL and ULM mean more because they ruin his FBS resume! Don’t believe me, then ask some ULM folks why Fobbs didn’t get the job.

I do hear you on his contract. Once again, I want Fobbs to turn it around because my Gramfam is throwing around horrible/stupid names for the next head coach! I am rooting for Fobbs in fear now! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back