SWAC Coaches on the Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This. Doesn't matter at this point.

The blowout loss to university of the incarnate word, who played football for only 13 seasons, that was the tipping point.

Eric Morris and his staff made the university at Prairie View look DUMBLY STUPID w/ the dominating performance and strategy they employed. If you saw their football "stadium," their lil' jr hs'ish weightroom, their "field house," ... as compared to what the university at Prairie View offers, you'd laugh your ass off.

How was Eric Morris able to recruit, retain, and improve obviously better student-athletes than the university at Prairie View? Someone on the coaches meeting today, please ask that question to the head football coach for the university at Prairie View.

If Dooley lucks up and beat GSU again, would Fobbs be on the

Excited I Feel Sick GIF

As others have said, let's check back by the end of October

As far as Valley is concerned, it's a shame that Dancy could be on this list because of QB play but after that season opener, that had everyone like "not this again". Let's see how much of a jump the team (especially the offense) makes from game 1 to game 2 before even suggesting addition to said list

The only coaches who I think are on said hot seat are Hill-Eley (he needs at least 6-7 wins including beating AAMU) and McKinney (even though I don't think he's is trouble unless TxSU has at least 4-5 SWAC losses like they did against PV)

I don't think Dooley is on the hot seat but if PV finishes 3-4 in the West again (and the West is loaded with SU, Alcorn and UAPB) with a 1st year HC in the fall and one from the Spring still on season 1 then I can see why PV alums on here would break out the pitchforks lol

This. Doesn't matter at this point.

The blowout loss to university of the incarnate word, who played football for only 13 seasons, that was the tipping point.

Eric Morris and his staff made the university at Prairie View look DUMBLY STUPID w/ the dominating performance and strategy they employed. If you saw their football "stadium," their lil' jr hs'ish weightroom, their "field house," ... as compared to what the university at Prairie View offers, you'd laugh your ass off.

How was Eric Morris able to recruit, retain, and improve obviously better student-athletes than the university at Prairie View? Someone on the coaches meeting today, please ask that question to the head football coach for the university at Prairie View.
That's it @Bewildered . Those players aren't better student-athletes. They were better "prepared" and "coached". And the end of the day, talent means a lot, but you also have to instill sound discipline and continued understanding of the game. Our players don't have that at the moment--or at worst, it isn't stressed enough during practice.

That's it @Bewildered . Those players aren't better student-athletes. They were better "prepared" and "coached". And the end of the day, talent means a lot, but you also have to instill sound discipline and continued understanding of the game. Our players don't have that at the moment--or at worst, it isn't stressed enough during practice.
uiw's football team was NOT the same one PV easily handled 42-28 at their place. The PV team uiw saw was a regressed team they saw from 4 years ago.

These guys LITERALLY had our guys scared to play. It was very obvious w/ the way the KRs were handled AND when the WRs caught passes expecting to get the dog shit knocked out of them (they were timid at times). The obese OL acted like they seriously didn't want to hit anyone.

Watch the game film. Watch PV's OL; don't watch PV's QB staring down receivers attempting to force passes for 3 INTs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
uiw's football team was NOT the same one PV easily handled 42-28 at their place. The PV team uiw saw was a regressed team they saw from 4 years ago.

These guys LITERALLY had our guys scared to play. It was very obvious w/ the way the KRs were handled AND when the WRs caught passes expecting to get the dog shit knocked out of them (they were timid at times). The obese OL acted like they seriously didn't want to hit anyone.

Watch the game film. Watch PV's OL; don't watch PV's QB staring down receivers attempting to force passes for 3 INTs.
Oh..I watched the game already and I see where you are coming from. They were timid because their "technique" was not as sound as UIW. Strength wise, you guys are on the same page. It's the technique and the "know-how" as well as the situational awareness that gets us outmanned.

Stress the fundamentals and technique more in all facets of the game and you will see the confidence and the abilities of the players increase. It's that simple! Once their confidence increases, so will their swagger and the personality they bring to playing their position. And that's when you start to see the creativity in their play and schemes because they "understand" all the nuances of the position and the game!

Our coaches have to learn how to make this thing simple and stop with all of the complex schemes. Teach the basics and watch the growth!

Oh..I watched the game already and I see where you are coming from. They were timid because their "technique" was not as sound as UIW. Strength wise, you guys are on the same page. It's the technique and the "know-how" as well as the situational awareness that gets us outmanned.

Stress the fundamentals and technique more in all facets of the game and you will see the confidence and the abilities of the players increase. It's that simple! Once their confidence increases, so will their swagger and the personality they bring to playing their position. And that's when you start to see the creativity in their play and schemes because they "understand" all the nuances of the position and the game!

Our coaches have to learn how to make this thing simple and stop with all of the complex schemes. Teach the basics and watch the growth!
Eric Morris and his staff put on a clinic last Saturday night and I didn't enjoy any of it.

Their guys came to play and they did that, w/out the chatterbox-hoopla (dumb trash talk). They simply kicked our ass up and down the field and then pointed to the scoreboard. smh

Simple math! A.D since 2013 (all programs declined further) & a lot of Alums wanna prepay for the U-haul...
Head Coach since 2015 ( We sucked when he was the Def. Cord with Comegy (last in the SWAC) and they rewarded him. SMDH! Valley has booster Support but just not with this regime by choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back