ALabama St 72
Final

Tx Southern 52
Alcorn St 53
Final

Jackson St 27
Alabama A&M 34
Half

sTu ladies got ripped off last night although it should not have come down to bad calls making the difference. I was there and saw it with my own eyes (with my glasses on).

One guy a few rows behind me (not sure if he was Su or sTu) yelled, "Only in the SWAC!".

sTu ladies got ripped off last night although it should not have come down to bad calls making the difference. I was there and saw it with my own eyes (with my glasses on).

One guy a few rows behind me (not sure if he was Su or sTu) yelled, "Only in the SWAC!".

What happen?

What happen?
Bre’Nae Andrews knocked down a go-ahead basket with three seconds remaining to give TSU a 61-60 lead. The ensuing celebration from the TSU bench led to a technical foul, which allowed Southern to tie the game. The Jaguars then won the game on Courtney Parson’s jumper in the paint as time expired.

I didn't see, but I'm assuming they stepped on the floor... smh

Refs for the game: Brian Garland, LaShonda Kidd, D'Lynn Schertz

"Southern (4-9, 1-1) had the ball and a 60-59 lead with 40 seconds left. TSU’s Brenae Andrews made a steal with 10 seconds left, then made a jumper from the right corner with three seconds left.

Andrews’ jumper put TSU ahead, but the Tigers bench was issued a technical foul for rushing on to the court. After officials reviewed Andrews' shot to confirm it was a 2-pointer, Sklyar O’Bear made the second of two free throws to tie the game.

Southern inbounded the ball to Parson, who missed from left of the basket before grabbing the rebound and banking in a short shot ahead of the final buzzer."

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_85821544-12fb-11e9-82af-8f70cbf09971.html

So, a TSU player ran on the court before SU could call timeout? Does anyone know how far she ran on the court? Due to the technical foul SU got the ball on their end of the court. We need to be more discipline.

There were horrible calls through out the game but our play was equally as bad. We should have won that game. Period.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So, a TSU player ran on the court before SU could call timeout? Does anyone know how far she ran on the court? Due to the technical foul SU got the ball on their end of the court. We need to be more discipline.
I'm guessing she didn't realize there was still 3 seconds in the game. We were definitely about to call the timeout, but she celebrated too much and stepped on the court.

I was listening to that game. The officials seemed to have intentionally made bogus calls in southern's favor down the stretch.
A technical foul in that situation shouldn't have been the determining factor in a game that close.

I was listening to that game. The officials seemed to have intentionally made bogus calls in southern's favor down the stretch.
A technical foul in that situation shouldn't have been the determining factor in a game that close.

Whether you agree with the call, the game was tied after that. TXSU got outexecuted on the final play as they allowed the player into the paint and also allowed the shooter to rebound her own shot for a put back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back