SWAC Announces 2019 ESPN Football Schedule

Now THAT'S what I was waiting to hear. That's good information right there.

I don't know what the Grambling folks' data is. However, I think Alcorn said it experienced a 30-something-percent bump in applications because of the Celebration Bowl appearance.

I'm sure the ESPN folks and the conferences have mined for the data for their scripts.

I don't know what the Grambling folks' data is. However, I think Alcorn said it experienced a 30-something-percent bump in applications because of the Celebration Bowl appearance.

I'm sure the ESPN folks and the conferences have mined for the data for their scripts.

That was bs.... they have apps now where you can apply to every hbcu with one application... EVERY HBCU has experienced a percentage bump in applications.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That was bs.... they have apps now where you can apply to every hbcu with one application... EVERY HBCU has experienced a percentage bump in applications.

Hey don't look at me! Look at the school(s) institutional research and PR departments.

Link?

I highly doubt an application app is drawing more attention than an ABC broadcast football game. I bet most applicants aren't even using that app.

Last edited:

Yep Grambling enrollment increased.

PWIs believe it

I know I watched Dean Smith say it growing up. I've heard multiple ADs say it. I know the president at Southeastern Louisiana at the time said it when they brought back football.

... and it's the truth, whether some like it or not. Have good sports programs and a good look on TV, folks are going to be interested. Isn't the name of the game of colleges is to put as many asses in their classrooms as possible. Welp, a good way is to show that crowd and that band and that game.

I thought so. But some people don't really believe (especially in academia) in the old college phrase, "Athletics is the front door to your university."

I might need to put this on a back of a t-shirt I designed and wear it to our alumni meetings lol

It's 2019 and too many Valley alums still haven't figured this out

I might need to put this on a back of a t-shirt I designed and wear it to our alumni meetings lol

It's 2019 and too many Valley alums still haven't figured this out
I think sometimes we pigeon hole ourselves. We are about educating which should always be the primary focus but we cannot ignore the vehicles at our disposal to allow us to educate. You cannot educate empty classrooms. How many other people have our athletes educated and paid for top professors?

Its not ESPN but remember, JSU live streams all of our home games so you all will be blessed to see JSU vs BAMA State, SU and UAPB in addition to the ones listed. JSU vs TNState is normally broadcast and I would assume that our game vs USA will be broadcast. Not sure about the Circle City Classic

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Its not ESPN but remember, JSU live streams all of our home games so you all will be blessed to see JSU vs BAMA State, SU and UAPB in addition to the ones listed. JSU vs TNState is normally broadcast and I would assume that our game vs USA will be broadcast. Not sure about the Circle City Classic

Our game vs USA will be on ESPN3 as well.

Back