SWAC Announces 2019 ESPN Football Schedule

Lmao at y’all deciding the east.

Deondre Francois is at our campus right now y’all better hope he doesn’t become a hornet tonight.

And I see the hating ass jaguar coalition in full effect tonight

Does he even have knee cartilage anymore? 2 ACL injuries.. no WRs... OL suspect... good luck!

Dude wasn't even offered scholarship money at a group of 5 school. Dont get your hopes up... its a reason why he fell this low.

This one should be interesting and is unique:

View attachment 7405

interesting as well
View attachment 7406View attachment 7407View attachment 7408View attachment 7409

I am very tempted to pick Alcorn off what they have coming back and what USM lost but the game is in Hattiesburg and they will cheat like 2014

Lmao at y’all deciding the east.

Deondre Francois is at our campus right now y’all better hope he doesn’t become a hornet tonight.

And I see the hating ass jaguar coalition in full effect tonight
Glass and company will see you in BHAM Again

Shouldn’t all league games be broadcast? Most FCS leagues including Southland has all games on some platform whether ESPN3, ESPN+, Cox Sports TV, etc.

League institutions need to invest in being able to broadcast ESPN quality games themselves

*enters PV’s resurgent fanbase led by Dr Simmons looking for some respeckkkk!*

We keep that good eye on you Jags! :-O

These games on TV give potential students a window into the university.
Dr. Simmons, a former Ivy League president, speaking proudly and fondly about PV on TV.
They get to see the campus, our programs, and president If we win those games handily, our 2020 applications for admission should increase by double the % increase for 2019.

These games on TV give potential students a window into the university.
Dr. Simmons, a former Ivy League president, speaking proudly and fondly about PV on TV.
They get to see the campus, our programs, and president If we win those games handily, our 2020 applications for admission should increase by double the % increase for 2019.
Where you get that last part from? LOL.

Most schools see a significant increase in applications when they have a winning football team, especially when they are on TV. Donations go up as well.

I just thought most knowedgeable people on a sports site such as this knows that.

Most schools see a significant increase in applications when they have a winning football team, especially when they are on TV. Donations go up as well.

I just thought most knowedgeable people on a sports site such as this knows that.
You gave a specific percentage and I was merely asking where you got those specific numbers from, especially as it relates to power five schools versus SWAC schools.

I was a little surprised that the Southern/Alcorn game is not on an ESPN platform since these two teams are defending division champions and played for the SWAC championship last season.

I was a little surprised that the Southern/Alcorn game is not on an ESPN platform since these two teams are defending division champions and played for the SWAC championship last season.

Perhaps it will be the SWAC game of the week or something on swac.org

When we interviewed the commissioner back in September, it seems like he wasn't too keen on ESPN3/+ but it seems like that's the only way we could get back on the ESPN platforms. Remember last year, we only had like 3 ESPNU games and NO ESPN3 games involving SWAC teams so this year is an improvement. The best way to get back on ESPNU regularly is have great ratings on ESPN3.

Then there is ESPN+ which I wouldn't be surprised to see a game or two added to that platform. The SWAC TV schedule will be released down the road plus there are the non-conference matchups that could be on ESPN or other networks/streaming channels (Stadium, etc.)

Plus don't be shocked if a game or two is flexed to Thursday night (for Valley, the JSU game is set for ESPN3 and we know that is our money game but I could see Grambling or Alabama State flexed to Thursday if we are improved and those games actually mean something)
We did have ESPN3 games last year. I distinctly remember watching SU-Alcorn and (I think) Grambling vs Alcorn on ESPN3

Where you get that last part from? LOL.

Think he's piggybacking what A&T folks told ESPN that the Celebration Bowl appearances resulted in a 30- to 50-percent spike in applications.

That is a good set of data to look at, looking at applications bumps for Celebration Bowl participants.

Think he's piggybacking what A&T folks told ESPN that the Celebration Bowl appearances resulted in a 30- to 50-percent spike in applications.

That is a good set of data to look at, looking at applications bumps for Celebration Bowl participants.
Now THAT'S what I was waiting to hear. That's good information right there.

Back