Swac 2003 Tentative Schedules....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bighusky00 FYI conference scheduled games comes before non-conference scheduled games. Troy State may play A & M but it will not be on Oct. 11, 2003 because A & M will be in Baton Rouge per the Master Schedule and the Conference Presidents. You need to check your source who should be the Director of Athletics or Director of Football Operations.

Originally posted by DRShelly
Bighusky00 FYI conference scheduled games comes before non-conference scheduled games. Troy State may play A & M but it will not be on Oct. 11, 2003 because A & M will be in Baton Rouge per the Master Schedule and the Conference Presidents. You need to check your source who should be the Director of Athletics or Director of Football Operations.

you act as if things are always concrete and cant be changed arond. Prime example AAMU's game vs JSU being moved from the begginning part of the season to the end part of the season.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
..are there still talks of moving the JSU-AAMU game to ATL??

i was reading something in the Montgomery Newspaper sometime this week or last week and it mentoined BAMA ST was going through ongoing talks of getting a game in ATL with Grambling and it being a doubleheader with JSU playing a team to be later determined.... so probably that could be AAMU.

Re: Re: ALABAMA A&M UNIVERSITY PROPOSED 2003 SCHEDULE!

Originally posted by DAHILL

Strawdawg.... i dont think AAMU and TnState are playing anymore.... I read where they can only play 3 non conference games since Samford and Jacksonville State joined the OVC. Those three nonconference games are John Merritt Classic (S C State), FAMU in ATL, and Jackson St in Memphis. I think Troy St is replacing Tenn St on the schedule.

DAHILL......
That proposed schedule that I posted is the latest to come from the AD's office. I questioned the Tn St Game and was told that the game is set and for the 2nd year in a row they are coming to CREWS??

I noticed there are 3 open dates......I believe that we stand a good chance to fill at least one of those spots???? Tx Southern owes us a return game???

We tried SC St and FAMU and both said that their schedules were set?????.......keep in mind we after we tried to schedule them last year, we asked for a tentative date for this year????

I will post anything new that I can get!

this was from last weeks Montgomery Advertiser

The Hornets are also trying to work out another game in which they would play Grambling State in Atlanta as a part of a doubleheader classic, which also would feature Jackson State and team to be determined.

looking at the schedules so far, Nov. 8th is the date that ASU plays Gram, also the date that A&M plays JSU. So maybe this doubleheader with these 4 teams will come to fruition.

Strawdog & DAHILL,

This is logical, because it allows Tennessee State University to hold onto the new rivalry for atleast two more years with Alabama A & M University headed back to Nashville, TN for the Big John Merritt Classic in 2004 along with their two traditional Classics between Florida A & M University & Jackson State University during the NCAA 11 games season format.

I have confirmed with GSU's AD (Al Dennis) that the Grambling vs. McNeese game will be played in Grambling on September 20th instead of Aug. 30th. According to him it is a done deal.

you act as if things are always concrete and cant be changed arond. Prime example AAMU's game vs JSU being moved from the begginning part of the season to the end part of the season.

I agree with you, our game with Prairieview was moved from 9/20 to 9/6 and our game with UAPB was moved from 9/13 to 10/4. A lot of SWAC schools are jocking their schedules to accommodate each other and to schedule non-conference games.

The solution to our scheduling problems read as follows as released by the conference office:

Proposal 1: All member institutions will play each other starting in the 3rd week of September and going straight through with no non-conference games being played in between.

Proposal 2: Each member institution will play each other during the course of the season. That will give everyone 9 conference related games. By doing this you can fill in the other games as you wish. REGARDLESS, EVERYONE WILL PLAY EACH OTHER.

And there is a Proposed Master Southwestern Athletic Conference Schedule for 2003 - 2012.

Originally posted by DRShelly

I agree with you, our game with Prairieview was moved from 9/20 to 9/6 and our game with UAPB was moved from 9/13 to 10/4. A lot of SWAC schools are jocking their schedules to accommodate each other and to schedule non-conference games.

The solution to our scheduling problems read as follows as released by the conference office:

Proposal 1: All member institutions will play each other starting in the 3rd week of September and going straight through with no non-conference games being played in between.

Proposal 2: Each member institution will play each other during the course of the season. That will give everyone 9 conference related games. By doing this you can fill in the other games as you wish. REGARDLESS, EVERYONE WILL PLAY EACH OTHER.

And there is a Proposed Master Southwestern Athletic Conference Schedule for 2003 - 2012.

This is the saddest thing I have read in a long time. I really hope they change that.

Texas Southern's 2003 Football Schedule
2003 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE*

Aug. 30 Prairie View HOME

Sept. 6 Howard HOME

Sept. 13 OPEN

Sept. 20 Jackson State HOME

Sept. 27 Nicholls State AWAY

Oct. 4 Alabama A&M AWAY

Oct. 11 Arkansas-Pine Bluff AWAY

Oct. 18 Alcorn State HOME

Oct. 25 Miss. Valley State AWAY

Nov. 1 Grambling State AWAY

Nov. 8 OPEN

Nov. 15 Southern HOME

Nov. 22 Alabama State HOME

AAMU Proposed Schedule

Aug 30 Jacksonville State (H)
Sep 6 Open
Sep 13 Grambling (A)
Sep 20 MVSU (A)
Sep 27 PVAM (A)
Oct 4 TSU (HC)
Oct 11 SU (A)*
Oct 18 Savannah St. (A) not final awaiting reply from Sav St.
Oct 25 Alabama St (Magic City Classic)*
Nov 1 Open
Nov 8 Jackson St. (H)*
Nov 15 Alcorn St (A)
Nov 22 UAPB (H)*

*required games, but it appears that there should be three more.

Alcorn
MVSU
TSU

Originally posted by MightyDog
AAMU Proposed Schedule

Sep 6 Open
Sep 13 Grambling (A)
Sep 20 MVSU (A)
Sep 27 PVAM (A)
Oct 4 TSU (HC)
Oct 11 SU (A)
Oct 25 Alabama St (Magic City Classic)
Nov 1 Open
Nov 8 Jackson St. (H)
Nov 15 Alcorn St (A)
Nov 22 UAPB (H)

so we not playing Troy State? this schedule is boring.

DAHILL and Bighusky00 I told the both of you early on that A & M would be playing Southern on October 11th in Baton Rouge and not Troy State in Huntsville, but you'll didn't believe me. I have a personal copy of the SWAC Master Schedule for 2003 - 2012. If you need one I'll send you one.

Originally posted by MightyDog
AAMU Proposed Schedule

Sep 6 Open
Sep 13 Grambling (A)
Sep 20 MVSU (A)
Sep 27 PVAM (A)
Oct 4 TSU (HC)
Oct 11 SU (A)*
Oct 25 Alabama St (Magic City Classic)*
Nov 1 Open
Nov 8 Jackson St. (H)*
Nov 15 Alcorn St (A)
Nov 22 UAPB (H)*

*required games, but it appears that there should be three more.

Alcorn
MVSU
TSU

So, which swac game do not count for aamu. Is it Grambling again this year or another team?

Tp, it is customary for Tenn St to drop us when we beat them. It will take them ten year to get over it. I also see that they did not SU on the schedule for a big money game.

TP, after this season JSU will want to drop us after we take care of that 1-9 coach. After reading Bell's comments, I see he is going to let Kent run the team after the team met with the President.

Originally posted by Get Ready
md

Are you guys still working on moving your JSU game to ATL?

Last information I received it will not happened.

Some promoters want the schools to sell tickets to get paid. But I don't think too many schools will accept this plan.

Why would you not want to do this? You guys are still in the D2 mentality....but then again, at best you will sell 1000 tickets at 25 bucks a piece.

This makes me :sick:

Smalltime schools with smalltime mentalities is killing us. You have a chance to play in a classic to get your name out there, but you cant do it because your fans dont attend games.

If you sell 10 tickets that 250K....what am I saying...you dont get 10k and a home game....

Will you talk to your AD about moving the game to Jackson?

:vomit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back