Suggestions For Tspn Reunion 2003.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacksonians need to get me that date ASAP for my planner. I book up quick.

With how good they treat you when you come to Jackson, I may fit it in just because. :wavey: Hey Robber. Hey Battlecat. Hey Avis(oh, he's not over here).:wavey:

Re: Say that again...no matter where its held...

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman

It should be the same price no matter what city its held in and it should remain that price forever.... $50 is reasonable. Shouldn't matter what city its in. Think about all the fun ya had for just $25/$35. Just keep'n it real. Inflation hasn't hit plates and cups that hard...keep it real so people can enjoy. It's not about the place...its about the people...

That's my .val96

It's impossibpe to keep the price the same no matter what. Atl had a good hookup on alcohol and the 2 locations where events were held. Other cities may not have that luxury, I know we didn't in Houston and we had to pay for facilties.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We got some of the best hookups in Jacktown...

(no MD I am not talking about the Sack n Save package store)

Originally posted by JSTUS
Jacksonians need to get me that date ASAP for my planner. I book up quick.

With how good they treat you when you come to Jackson, I may fit it in just because. :wavey: Hey Robber. Hey Battlecat. Hey Avis(oh, he's not over here).:wavey:

*walks out of thread un-noticed and dis-gusted*

Jacktown is cool ...

All's I ask is that you PUHLEAZE do not have the reunion the weekend of June 6, 7, and 8, 2003. That is the weekend after the twins' birthday. We always celebrate the weekend AFTER if the birthday falls during the week ...

(well, I celebrate mine the weekends before and after, and all the week in between, but that is another story) ...

We spend big on birthdays for people under the age of 10 in this household, and we's be BROKE the weekend of the reunion, EVERY YEAR. We's wuz broke for ATL, Fouston, and NO ...

Can a sista get a BIT of flexibility?

Oh, and if it IS in Jacktown, can we take a road trip to Itta Bena?

My suggestions are

Memphis or the Cruise....We really should do the cruise. There are weekend cruises available that are very cheap.

But then again...we can go to Memphis.

Memphis baby...MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEMPHIS

LETS DO MEMPHIIS

So say one...So say you all?

My vote is for Memphis.

Alright, if we are not doing the cruise...Memphis is on. But I would rather do the cruise....but if not Ill settle for Memphis.....but if not lets do the cruise.

Originally posted by Get Ready
My suggestions are

Memphis or the Cruise....We really should do the cruise. There are weekend cruises available that are very cheap.

But then again...we can go to Memphis.

Memphis baby...MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEMPHIS

LETS DO MEMPHIIS

So say one...So say you all?

My vote is for Memphis.

Alright, if we are not doing the cruise...Memphis is on. But I would rather do the cruise....but if not Ill settle for Memphis.....but if not lets do the cruise.
Ain't you gone have something more important to do that weekend??? I know we haven't set a date or location, but I'm just axing.

Toia: Galveston because it is relatively cheap and a good cruise line is down there. New Orleans even has some ships to leave from there...

Even if it isn't a cruise, they have great Resort ALL INCLUSIVE trips to Jamaica and a few other areas. By the time you pay $85 in reunion costs, gas prices, hotel and food when not at the reunion hosted events, you've already coughed up 400 bones... so why not go ahead and do go to a tropical area.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Say that again...no matter where its held...

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman

It should be the same price no matter what city its held in and it should remain that price forever.... $50 is reasonable. Shouldn't matter what city its in. Think about all the fun ya had for just $25/$35. Just keep'n it real. Inflation hasn't hit plates and cups that hard...keep it real so people can enjoy. It's not about the place...its about the people...

That's my .val96

I am sorry but I don't agree with that, I don't feel like my 85.00 went to waste. I had fun and would pay it all over again. And you can't just put the same price on the reunion in each city there are different things involved. I mean people had enough time to send in there $85.00 if you can't send in 85.00 in 4 months then you will not be able to send in 50.00 in 4 months. Come on People

But really I don't see the cruise thing happening, Serious look at how many peopls nutted up about the 85.00 what is going to happen when some tells them that they will have to pay 599.00 :smh:

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag Even if it isn't a cruise, they have great Resort ALL INCLUSIVE trips to Jamaica and a few other areas. By the time you pay $85 in reunion costs, gas prices, hotel and food when not at the reunion hosted events, you've already coughed up 400 bones... so why not go ahead and do go to a tropical area.

That is true but that was for 2 people with a cruise we will be looking at 1000 + for 2 people.

But no matter where I will be there in 2003

Originally posted by JSTUS

:idea: :idea: I got it. Congratulations Get Ready!!!

Uuuuh Jstus....that asshole was being totally sarcastanistic.

Damn him

Unless you got something in mind ;) :)

You people should stop being so pestimistic when it comes to the cruise. It doesnt cost anymore than spending a weekend in any city....plus the entertainment is free.

You can get a weekend cruise for 200 bucks.

Think big...if you sced say you sced

To me, the point is simply that we can get together in a relaxed atmosphere and have fun. For that reason, I think the cruise is not necessary. Yes, we did have some good hook-ups on locations and drinks for ATL but I still think that $85 was too much. I am glad I spent it and it was worth it but discounted fun would have been a lot more fun to me. LOL If it was necessary to pay that much for everything fine, but if we can get around it, we should try our best to.

I say let's do this thing in Jackson. I know the Mafia can get a hook up and I will help out as much as possible since I am close.

20JXN03

How about this? If we are going to do a cruise, lets do it for something like 5 and 10 year anniversaries. That way, we can really have time to plan. Doing a cruise would also take more travel time or more money than quoted because some people will have to drive or fly to the location that the cruise will take off from. This means that a person might have to leave on Thurdsday just to catch to cruise.

I ain't being pessimistic, but there are just a lot of inconveniences and expenses that we might be overlooking.

I just want to have some good, cheap fun until I get rich.

Originally posted by Get Ready

Uuuuh Jstus....that asshole was being totally sarcastanistic.
I ain't gone be too many mo assholes, you sawed off Kobe nutt swanging no Reunion showing up for summama . . .

So, where will you be during the next reunion??? I know you won't be in Jacktown, if it's there. Lemme know now. You ain't gotta lie to kick it.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
I ain't being pessimistic, but there are just a lot of inconveniences and expenses that we might be overlooking.

I just want to have some good, cheap fun until I get rich.

I completely agree. Our goal is to keep the reunion attendance <b>growing</b> each year. I think a jump from $85.00 to $599.00 would alienate many posters, including myself.

You have to consider people that many posters do not have salaried jobs and taking a week or even 5 days off of work is not a viable option for them.

I appreciate you thinking big, but I do not see that as a realistic option at this time.

Dear Get Ready,

I hear that this radio jockey, Tom Joyner I hear they call him, is having this cruise. I hear he does this every year around Memorial Day weekend. You should look into that.

And ride yo azz to Memphis whenever you wanna.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why do you want to have it in Jackson....yo ass gone forget everything needed anyway.

-Oops I forgot to get a place of the meet and greet
-Oops I forgot the food
-Oops I forgot yall was coming
-Was that this weekend?
-We dont have no ice in Jackson this year

I agree with Tara and Toi, the cruise thingy is a definite NO-NO.
U people beoytch and moan about $75-$85 and now you want to pay $500-$600, I don't think so. :smh:

Memo to everybody

A cruise is not that much....quit saying that. A weekend cruise would only b about 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back