SU vs JSU 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
When su's Haymer is involved, seems like you can throw integrity out the window.
Doc and Jackson had much more integrity and still made their point.

You do realize Doc Greggs blew on the Boom in the 90s marching in. Yall really don't think Doc was ruthless? Man if we had the internet to discuss stuff back in the 80s, all this perceive niceness would not be. We were some mean mofos back in the day. We would blow on you all day and night. Folks just didn't get upset like they do now. We all had friends in rival bands and it was war when going at it and then cool afterwards and lets get some drinks. Now with the internet and blogs etc. Folks get caught up in feelings and over blow everything. Hell the announcers back in the day were no joke. That damn lady at TxSU for the Ocean of Soul would clown your arse. If she did that now. Folks would be crying and catching feelings. It done gone soft now. The only thing I think is disrespectful is playing at the same time. I don't like when any band does that or don't heed the warnings from the refs for playing. Other than that. Do what you like. No wanting to be fighting either. That's bush league as well. Tensions are high because of all the nonsense that gets posted on these different boards and mostly it is probably not even true stuff.

You do realize Doc Greggs blew on the Boom in the 90s marching in. Yall really don't think Doc was ruthless? Man if we had the internet to discuss stuff back in the 80s, all this perceive niceness would not be. We were some mean mofos back in the day. We would blow on you all day and night. Folks just didn't get upset like they do now. We all had friends in rival bands and it was war when going at it and then cool afterwards and lets get some drinks. Now with the internet and blogs etc. Folks get caught up in feelings and over blow everything. Hell the announcers back in the day were no joke. That damn lady at TxSU for the Ocean of Soul would clown your arse. If she did that now. Folks would be crying and catching feelings. It done gone soft now. The only thing I think is disrespectful is playing at the same time. I don't like when any band does that or don't heed the warnings from the refs for playing. Other than that. Do what you like. No wanting to be fighting either. That's bush league as well. Tensions are high because of all the nonsense that gets posted on these different boards and mostly it is probably not even true stuff.

K-I-S-S! Taylor could less about another band blowing on the BOOM. When Greggs blew on the Boom in 1997, Greggs probably saw an opportunity and acted on it. That clown ya’ll currently have as Southern's Band Director is just conniving, immature and ignorant. Everything he does is premediated and laced with estrogen!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR, Doc and Jackson did what they did but they did it with integrity....and still made their point. That's due to high character mixed with respect.
If there was an agreement between directors, their word was their bond. That respect allows one to be able to be cool and get drinks afterwards.
Haymer seems to be kind of inexperienced in that area called mutual respect. One can be aggressive, yet respectful.

K-I-S-S! Taylor could less about another band blowing on the BOOM. When Greggs blew on the Boom in 1997, Greggs probably saw an opportunity and acted on it. That clown ya’ll currently have as Southern's Band Director is just conniving, immature and ignorant. Everything he does is premediated and laced with estrogen!
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

JR, it depends on the directors. Did Taylor and Greggs do that? Nope. Jackson and Taylor didn't do it either. This is all Haymer. Now, let's see how Little responds....and that depends on how much Taylor will micromanage him. The stuff you saw from JSU when Murray was there (even during the Liddell era) you may never see it again. Liddell was "retired" on the job toward the end and Murray was running the show. Now all of the "ignance" can be reserved for the Alcorn vs SU games. We know how to shut SU band and fans up.. by kickin that azz on the football field.

But again, I like what Haymer is doing. It's like when you know you about to go hang out with your friend who can't hold his liquor. You know you have to always be ready for anything to go down.

So su is like that man who can't hold his liquor? I can agree with that. Just ask Grambling. Their director walked out on that foolishness Haymer was doing....and rightly so. I don't like hanging around drunkards just for that reason....you never know what to expect.

JR, Doc and Jackson did what they did but they did it with integrity....and still made their point. That's due to high character mixed with respect.
If there was an agreement between directors, their word was their bond. That respect allows one to be able to be cool and get drinks afterwards.
Haymer seems to be kind of inexperienced in that area called mutual respect. One can be aggressive, yet respectful.

So let me get this straight, Doc AND Mr. J can embarrass the boom as they march in but if Haymer does it, it's immature, conniving(not your words but you agreed) and inexperienced? So I'm guessing you're saying that because Haymer is younger than you and also in his second year as director, or something to that affect.

If that's the case, and seeing as though Haymer embarrassed the living sh*t out of yall last October, I see why your opinion of him is what is it. Pure disdain. Ultitimately, you guys hate the fact that SU is really about to be that band you fear, hate and respect all in the same sentence.

Yea, I would feel the same way if my band was second tier and a bunch of also-rans, you know, jSU's band in every sense of the word(s). LOL

PS....and I'm saying this because pretty soon, I will have TWO REASONS why I will go all in on your jealous mofos from jsu.

But all is Null and Void when I bring Talladega in the picture, ( SU uses volume and blowing on opp bands but when the shoe is on the other foot it comes down to arrangements) SU has only played 3 songs in the 5th 2012 and 2014 ! The reason because even when you battle song vs song with them somehow they seem to always want to play either a 5 minute selection or 2 songs back to back or when you playing they playing as well! SO I say crank on them every chance you get it don't matter! They Lost 2014,2013 (twice),2011,2010! I will give yall 2012 band was rebuilding and under D Taylor 1st year! but not 2012 Halftime DT put it on yall

So let me get this straight, Doc AND Mr. J can embarrass the boom as they march in but if Haymer does it, it's immature, conniving(not your words but you agreed) and inexperienced? .

That's not what anyone is saying and besides, Haymer got embarrassed and run out of Jackson back in 2010... LOL

.and Tavaris, you shole is right. The BOOM been whoopin up on SU so bad they are trying to milk 2014 for all they can even tho it ain't much there

Honestly I like what SU did!!! If you think about the JSU SU game if all the mischievous things where taken away then the game would loose its fire. It's expected that SU would do what they did, that's just the hype of the boombox Classic. SU and gsu, JSU and Alcorn are like brothers and sisters who want to prove to the world there the best of the two but JSU vs SU are like two neighbors who want to show they have the best yard, house, fense, car, family, etc and will do anything to make that known. JSU is just a bit conservative to the approach but deep down inside they want u to know there the shit !!!! Lol.

Last edited:
But all is Null and Void when I bring Talladega in the picture, ( SU uses volume and blowing on opp bands but when the shoe is on the other foot it comes down to arrangements) SU has only played 3 songs in the 5th 2012 and 2014 ! The reason because even when you battle song vs song with them somehow they seem to always want to play either a 5 minute selection or 2 songs back to back or when you playing they playing as well! SO I say crank on them every chance you get it don't matter! They Lost 2014,2013 (twice),2011,2010! I will give yall 2012 band was rebuilding and under D Taylor 1st year! but not 2012 Halftime DT put it on yall

A battle is always about the arrangements and execution of the arrangements. Who wants to hear a loud band play mediocre arrangements? SU always has great arrangements along with volume, then we would mix in ballads and technical songs to really throw you for a loop. JSU is just starting to get to that level.

Dude we played 3 songs because of your rules in your stadium. And all 3 songs played both years were regular length songs and we never do mixes in the 5th quarter. If memory serves me correctly, it was Jackson State in 2014 that tried to play over SU the entire game. We score a TD it is our band's turn to play, yet there JSU was trying to play after we scored a TD knowing it was our turn to play. They did that multiple times throughout the game, so don't try and come in here with that bull about JSU and Taylor being full of class.

And the part in bold is a complete lie. You only see us do back-to-back songs if the opposing band is leaving our stadium, or at the Bayou Classic.

Last edited:
55970753.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What I see here is that folks are mad because Haymer has brought back the classic SU aggression and are resorting to name-calling and personal attacks because they can't take the heat.

Why does one need to resort to anything when we all saw it on the video of Haymer making a fool of himself and arguing with random fans? There's no need to make up anything after watching that video. LOL!!

2010 was 5 years ago right? K.

As far as playin on each other, its a rivalry. They both have blown on each other over the years so everything you're saying doesn't even matter. Matter fact your statement didn't even answer dudes question so what was the purpose in even saying it? Just let it go.

isn't that the same year of the video dealing with Haymer?

What I see here is that folks are mad because Haymer has brought back the classic SU aggression and are resorting to name-calling and personal attacks because they can't take the heat.

I think it's part of the past beefs on here as well. Dude use to go in on Jackson back in the day lol. They probably still can't stand dude because of that.

And all this class Boomers are talking about is crazy. Taylor just came back and restored some of that. Jsu used to be the most thugged out band in the SWAC

So to say "it was five years ago" to try and prove a point about playing when another band is marching in, but think it is ok to use a video from the same year (hell the same game) to attack the character of Nate seems like a bitch move to me

Umm wrong person? Lol.

I didn't use anything to attack anyone. I was jus correcting someone from SU. I have no problem wit Haymer or SU besides the fact that they are our rivals. I think you should read a little more and see who posted what before you decide to interrupt. Try again blank dude lol.

So to say "it was five years ago" to try and prove a point about playing when another band is marching in, but think it is ok to use a video from the same year (hell the same game) to attack the character of Nate seems like a bitch move to me
Dude, you have a person in position of authority representing a prestigious position acting like an a-hole on video. Of course he'll get some backlash and rightly so. Perhaps he'll learn from it.
If he didn't want the backlash, he shoulda had the sense and maturity to ignore random fans and tend to his band's business.
Instead, dude let random fans get in his head.

So let me get this straight, Doc AND Mr. J can embarrass the boom as they march in but if Haymer does it, it's immature, conniving(not your words but you agreed) and inexperienced? So I'm guessing you're saying that because Haymer is younger than you and also in his second year as director, or something to that affect.

If that's the case, and seeing as though Haymer embarrassed the living sh*t out of yall last October, I see why your opinion of him is what is it. Pure disdain. Ultitimately, you guys hate the fact that SU is really about to be that band you fear, hate and respect all in the same sentence.

Yea, I would feel the same way if my band was second tier and a bunch of also-rans, you know, jSU's band in every sense of the word(s). LOL

PS....and I'm saying this because pretty soon, I will have TWO REASONS why I will go all in on your jealous mofos from jsu.

OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC! OFF TOPIC!

Congratulations! 2 sons in the HJ! I know AFJr is probably so excited! And know you must be very, very proud!:)

I think it's part of the past beefs on here as well. Dude use to go in on Jackson back in the day lol. They probably still can't stand dude because of that.

And all this class Boomers are talking about is crazy. Taylor just came back and restored some of that. Jsu used to be the most thugged out band in the SWAC
Provide evidence. When it comes to The BOOM, the words of an Alcornite can't be relied upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back