Su - Pv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by mr freeze
did you read my quote good enough?? when i said at valley??? was jsu at valley?? no. so i was talkin to su.

Yeah, I read your post...I just wonder if you read it. Here's what you wrote

'naw thats one of our siganture songs dammit! and i read yall played tribute to bob marley at valley. i guess yall loved it when we played leave me alone 02 and bob marley the last 2 years and said "oooohh we gotta play that for 03!!!" huh?? or yall had them songs for years and never paid attention to them??

Now....Since I'm obviously missing something....Tell me how those 'yalls' don't insinuate Southern.....You're talking about the Jukes, and not me (the JSU grad/Boom Dinosaur Bandhead who happened to be at the SU/MVSU game). Make me understand mayne....:rolleyes:

<----------------------I'll be over here waiting.

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
Yeah, I read your post...I just wonder if you read it. Here's what you wrote

'naw thats one of our siganture songs dammit! and i read yall played tribute to bob marley at valley. i guess yall loved it when we played leave me alone 02 and bob marley the last 2 years and said "oooohh we gotta play that for 03!!!" huh?? or yall had them songs for years and never paid attention to them??

Now....Since I'm obviously missing something....Tell me how those 'yalls' don't insinuate Southern.....You're talking about the Jukes, and not me (the JSU grad/Boom Dinosaur Bandhead who happened to be at the SU/MVSU game). Make me understand mayne....:rolleyes:

<----------------------I'll be over here waiting.

ok tmade man, on that response you were askin how su gonna claim leave me alone as a signature song, i just came in behind you as if i were talkin with you BUT i was talkin to the jukebox. when i said "yall" i was referring to the jukebox and not you or jsu. so when a juke reads it, theyll know im talkin to them, not you.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
FYI
Uhh dude southern left the game in jackson in 2001 without playing the school song.

Uhh dude that's DOC Greggs, he can leave his funeral when ever the fugg he feel... Doc can do what he want on that campus and get away with it...... It may not be the same over there at PV....I don't know, but the game was still going on when this dude left..It don't neither right.....But like I said, you talking about Doc Greggs....

Whats real is real, Doc can get away with things most other BD's can't.... He!! I wish he couldn't, but it's like that.

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
Um.......:rolleyes:

How can a tune be considered 'Signature' when you've only played it once, and that was last week......:confused:

And I was at the Valley standing in front of the 'S', and 'Leave Me Alone' was cranking.... But a 'signature tune'??? Not yet.....

:dude:

Now, c'mon 'home' and let's argue about it:D:D

Just like
"Can You feel it" was a signature song for 99'

"Leave me Alone" will be a signature song for 03'

Watch you gonna see...!!!!!

:D

Originally posted by mr freeze
naw thats one of our siganture songs dammit! and i read yall played tribute to bob marley at valley. i guess yall loved it when we played leave me alone 02 and bob marley the last 2 years and said "oooohh we gotta play that for 03!!!" huh?? or yall had them songs for years and never paid attention to them?? thats like us bringin out "love is the key" ( which i believe we have from the 80's) and sayin "its our signature song for 03". weak:shame:

T (not T-mayde, I'm talking to you T), SU played Leave Me Alone way back in I think '93. Ours is Robert's idea but SU has had Leave Me Alone for a long time now. Doc has been known to pull out tunes they played before '95 like Love is the Key back in '01. And to clarify, Love is the Key was in the Ocean's rep back in the early eighties. But they took it out. It was more of a jam tune that power though.

As far as the Battle of the Bands: I've seen SU 3 times since being at PV and I was somewhat disappointed, but you sounded good as a band.( Maybe because we finally met in an open stadium) PV was typical PV, but the refs being on our case cut a lot of our playing short. (ex. In Those Jeans for 2 quarters)

Field Show: PV's show was a little slower than usual, maybe that's what took all the time.

SU's field show was short it seemed, but I liked it.

A disappointing end to the night with us living early. I didn't march at all this game, so I saw all the disgust and anger in even the Drum Majors' faces when Prof. said load the buses. We didn't even march out so you know everyone was mad. Hopefully, this will never happen again.

Originally posted by corpstyle4life
As far as the Battle of the Bands: I've seen SU 3 times since being at PV and I was somewhat disappointed, but you sounded good as a band.( Maybe because we finally met in an open stadium) PV was typical PV, but the refs being on our case cut a lot of our playing short. (ex. In Those Jeans for 2 quarters)

Field Show: PV's show was a little slower than usual, maybe that's what took all the time.

SU's field show was short it seemed, but I liked it.

A disappointing end to the night with us living early. I didn't march at all this game, so I saw all the disgust and anger in even the Drum Majors' faces when Prof. said load the buses. We didn't even march out so you know everyone was mad. Hopefully, this will never happen again.

Whoever you are Corpstyle4life, this is Curious.....You know who I be......The reason our show always seems long is because the Dat-Gum officials at the stadiums start the halftime clock right after the clock hits 00:00 to end the 2nd quarter......You still got players, coaches, and the dat-gum camer men dragging cords all over the field.....That is what delays our show.........."It takes a real man------------to be in the B--O--X :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

What's up Curious, this Rosco. Yea I saw that the clock started early. Well what's done is done I guess. X's down low, X's up top; I said it's hell to be in da PV McPhunk BOX

What's up Curious, this Rosco. Yea I saw that the clock started early. Well what's done is done I guess. X's down low, X's up top; I said it's hell to be in da PV McPhunk BOX

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: Yeah, what the dilly yo Rosco........Chocolate Thunder ain't gonna feel that 420 and Tass:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

but the refs being on our case cut a lot of our playing short. (ex. In Those Jeans for 2 quarters)

The band can not play when the band breaks the huddle. Once the ball is snapped, the band can play until the team breaks the huddle again. Don't blame the refs this is not new. PV was playing when PV had the ball. :smh: I saw PV people say "WTF" is the band director/drum major doing playing while we have the ball"
I heard someone is short some money for going over their alotted time of 8 minutes twice. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand your logic Mach. Nobody is addressing the fact that BOTH times the halftime clock was started LONG before the field was clear.

In Houston, we had to wait 5 whole minutes for the TxSU brass to be seen at midfield accepting a check. Take away that extra time and our show was within the limit (give or take about 15 seconds). In Shreveport we did the same show and pretty much the same thing happened, except the clock was started while we were waiting for football players and cameramen to clear the field.

This isn't the 1st time I have seen this happen, and it wasn't only my band that I have seen it happen to.

Since you were there, Mach, you should know by the score that the ball was rarely in PV's hands, especially in the 1st half. So MOST of our playing was done while SU had the ball.

It's sad that this is the only way people seem to be able to knock the Storm, and it has NOTHING to do with music.

Originally posted by s phi s
I still don't understand your logic Mach. Nobody is addressing the fact that BOTH times the halftime clock was started LONG before the field was clear.

In Houston, we had to wait 5 whole minutes for the TxSU brass to be seen at midfield accepting a check. Take away that extra time and our show was within the limit (give or take about 15 seconds). In Shreveport we did the same show and pretty much the same thing happened, except the clock was started while we were waiting for football players and cameramen to clear the field.

This isn't the 1st time I have seen this happen, and it wasn't only my band that I have seen it happen to.

Since you were there, Mach, you should know by the score that the ball was rarely in PV's hands, especially in the 1st half. So MOST of our playing was done while SU had the ball.

It's sad that this is the only way people seem to be able to knock the Storm, and it has NOTHING to do with music.

The starting of the clock had nothing to do with the length of the show. At most games I've seen the referee make sure the field is clear before he signals the clock to start for hafltime. With games being on tv more and more time is going to be ever more important. Most non classic halftime are 20 minutes. Each band gets 8 minutes to perform (ON AND OFF THE FIELD IN 8 MINUTES)when both bands are doing a halftime. On NBC you get less time. Just because PV didn't score many points didn't mean PV didn't get the ball, because everytime su scored they kicked off to pv. the league wants about 4 minutes for the teams to come back for halftime to warm up and get ready for the 3rd quarter. The have reps from the SWAC office at all the SWAC on SWAC games. They are watching to see if the 8 minute rules are violated. If you go over your time your school/band will be fined by the SWAC office. And in some cases your football team will be penalized 15 yards to start the 3rd quarter. I don't know any president/band director that wants to be fined 1,000 for going over time. And if the football coaches start to complain about the bands to the president and the president complains to the band director and the bands sits in the stands and does not play, then band members and fans start to complain.

There is plenty of time before and during the game for bands to play. Bands don't need to play when the teams break the huddle. I am still in favor of a band performance format.
...call the swac office.

Saw plenty of it at the JSU-TxSU game yesterday too. Guess they need to call too....:rolleyes: There was even a point when both bands were playing and the ref told one band to stop and not the other.

Now correct me if I'm wrong Mr Swac guru....:rolleyes: again...
Bands can play on timeouts and between snaps when they have the ball......Is that right?? Is that not ass backwards??

And since you are so smart...:rolleyes: again....How many 3 and outs did PV have against SU (which was 2 weeks ago BTW, in case you forgot)??? I guess it was the band's fault....

Sometimes you actually make a little sense....This time isn't one of them...

This is an excerpt from an earlier post.....R.I.F.

Originally posted by s phi s

I don't care what you have seen in the pass. Hell in the pass, PV had a powerhouse football team. I am speaking of what happened.

Most non classic halftime are 20 minutes. Each band gets 8 minutes to perform (ON AND OFF THE FIELD IN 8 MINUTES)when both bands are doing a halftime.

the league wants about 4 minutes for the teams to come back for halftime to warm up and get ready for the 3rd quarter. The have reps from the SWAC office at all the SWAC on SWAC games. They are watching to see if the 8 minute rules are violated. If you go over your time your school/band will be fined by the SWAC office. And in some cases your football team will be penalized 15 yards to start the 3rd quarter. I don't know any president/band director that wants to be fined 1,000 for going over time.

...call the swac office.

Where is this rule written? Not just someone from the swac office telling you this. I can't find it written no where and it's definitely not in the NCAA rulebook.

I have notice that the referee has started the halftime clock before the field is cleared on 3 separate occasions this season.

Originally posted by Fiyah
Where is this rule written? Not just someone from the swac office telling you this. I can't find it written no where and it's definitely not in the NCAA rulebook.

I have notice that the referee has started the halftime clock before the field is cleared on 3 separate occasions this season.

NCAA doesn't govern all. Conferences have rules. Some conferences allow bands to play at anytime while the game is going on. Have you read the SWAC rule book? It is not written in the NCAA rules that bands can only play 5 songs each in the 5th quarter. But guess what......

NCAA doesn't govern all. Conferences have rules. Some conferences allow bands to play at anytime while the game is going on. Have you read the SWAC rule book? It is not written in the NCAA rules that bands can only play 5 songs each in the 5th quarter. But guess what......

The NCAA does govern all, if you want to add something just for your conferance it has to be approved by the NCAA for your conferance.

SWAC Rulebook.... you must have to have Super Secret clearance to find this document. Everyone always talks about rules but no one can seem to find it when needed.

I have spoken.....

Saturday when the Icon played McNeese the referee waited until the football field was clear of players/coaches before he signaled the clock to start. Ask your band director for the letter that all SWAC bands got from the SWAC office concerning time and fines.

That was GSU vs. McNeese...were those SWAC refs???

That wasn't TSU/PV, PV/SU, nor TSU/JSU (where Jackson had to start their show in direct competition with a commercial from TSU's Priscilla Slade)....

You spoke, but you still ain't said isht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back