solophone96

SU vs PV

In the red PVAMU "Marching Storm"!!!!!
In the white SU "Human Jukebox"!!!!

who will win????????

bfightlong01.gif

ok i'm a nerd.... so what!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
i was but i think i'm going to save my road trip pass for Cotton Bowl... you know the wifey ain't going for too many weekend excursions....

Ok here's what I've heard so far......

To everyone on the board I'm personally apologizing for what the band director has done.

Well seems like SU played the first 2 quarters.......SU

Half... no announcer again for PV but they took the half - PV

3rd.....unknown .....

4th.... PV left with 7:00 minutes in the game.....no excuses

No 5th......

The band director didn;t want to go to this game in the first place but was ordered to by the president and now is showing his arse by what he's done or didn't do for this game besides halftime.....

Let the arrows sling......

PV's band left the game before it was over???

That BD must have another job lined up somewhere else, 'cause dat isht'll get ya fy'd.........

:smh:

Southern played the most. Halftime was a toss up. The only real battle was percussion. few tuba fanfares by both and pv tbones played.

PVAMU - Field (hands down)
SU- Stands (hands down)

PVAMU's director was dead wrong for leaving the game with 7:42 left in the 4th quarter. It was 8:40 p.m. Going to eat was definitely not an (VALID) excuse considering the game started @ 6:00 p.m. however nice job on the field. However, it would have been nice to hear the school song at the end of the game instead of listening to 6-charter buses speed off. PV brought the funk (noise) with the 1st few jams that whey played. SU was weak at first, (or it could have been where I was standing. After SU went up 13-0, someone turned the Jukebox on and it jammed to ref's started tripping again. However, after that SU put true meaning to the Jukebox. Good job, both bands. It was great to see SU vs. PVAMU outside for the first time since 98!

(will post more later after I get some shuteye)

That ain't right....They didn't really get to battle....SU was planning for a good battle in the 5th... I heard it was alot SU didn't get to play....Especially their signature song for 03' "Leave Me Alone"......

I actually got a call from a PV bandmember while they were at Ryans eating....She call me asking me "What happened to SU".. I'm like huh...I know I wasn't there but I know my boys represented...
So I ask her what did they play in the 5th...~me thinking they stayed the whole game~...she says.."well we leave at the beginning of the 4th, but they lower brass didn't bring much during the game"....Now I am like Otaaaay!!!....So I ask where was PV seated.. Come to find out they were way off in the corner.....You really can't tell if a band is bring heat if you are off in the corner, and visa versa.....but oh well, I hope the battle fair out better next time around....I think the bandheads were cheated by PV band director though.....

I heard SU stayed 2 songs for the fifth......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by SUtrp96
Especially their signature song for 03' "Leave Me Alone"......

Um.......:rolleyes:

How can a tune be considered 'Signature' when you've only played it once, and that was last week......:confused:

And I was at the Valley standing in front of the 'S', and 'Leave Me Alone' was cranking.... But a 'signature tune'??? Not yet.....

:dude:

Now, c'mon 'home' and let's argue about it:D:D

Originally posted by Fiyah
Ok here's what I've heard so far......

To everyone on the board I'm personally apologizing for what the band director has done.

Well seems like SU played the first 2 quarters.......SU

Half... no announcer again for PV but they took the half - PV

3rd.....unknown .....

4th.... PV left with 7:00 minutes in the game.....no excuses

No 5th......

The band director didn;t want to go to this game in the first place but was ordered to by the president and now is showing his arse by what he's done or didn't do for this game besides halftime.....

Let the arrows sling......

:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
Um.......:rolleyes:

How can a tune be considered 'Signature' when you've only played it once, and that was last week......:confused:

And I was at the Valley standing in front of the 'S', and 'Leave Me Alone' was cranking.... But a 'signature tune'??? Not yet.....

Now, c'mon 'home' and let's argue about it:D:D

naw thats one of our siganture songs dammit! and i read yall played tribute to bob marley at valley. i guess yall loved it when we played leave me alone 02 and bob marley the last 2 years and said "oooohh we gotta play that for 03!!!" huh?? or yall had them songs for years and never paid attention to them?? thats like us bringin out "love is the key" ( which i believe we have from the 80's) and sayin "its our signature song for 03". weak:shame:

Originally posted by mr freeze
naw thats one of our siganture songs dammit! and i read yall played tribute to bob marley at valley. i guess yall loved it when we played leave me alone 02 and bob marley the last 2 years and said "oooohh we gotta play that for 03!!!" huh?? or yall had them songs for years and never paid attention to them?? thats like us bringin out "love is the key" ( which i believe we have from the 80's) and sayin "its our signature song for 03". weak:shame:

What da heyl you mean 'yall'?????

Look at my sig below......It say JSU Sonic Boom, not Human Jukebox.....

Get it right, freezer-burn..:D:D

I was questioning SUscreamer...

Originally posted by SUtrp96
So I ask where was PV seated.. Come to find out they were way off in the corner.....You really can't tell if a band is bring heat if you are off in the corner, and visa versa.....

Man, I was pissed soon as I got to the game. The section IMMEDIATELY across from Da Juke was EMPTY.

Then, in the 4th when they were leaving out of the bleachers. i thought maybe they were coming to sit right in front of SU for a fifth. Cause i was wondering what kind of band would leave without playing the School Song? :confused:

:idea: maybe someone wants to get fired!?!?!?!:idea:

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
What da heyl you mean 'yall'?????

Look at my sig below......It say JSU Sonic Boom, not Human Jukebox.....

Get it right, freezer-burn..:D:D

I was questioning SUscreamer...

did you read my quote good enough?? when i said at valley??? was jsu at valley?? no. so i was talkin to su.

Originally posted by Jagtone97
Man, I was pissed soon as I got to the game. The section IMMEDIATELY across from Da Juke was EMPTY.

Then, in the 4th when they were leaving out of the bleachers. i thought maybe they were coming to sit right in front of SU for a fifth. Cause i was wondering what kind of band would leave without playing the School Song? :confused:

:idea: maybe someone wants to get fired!?!?!?!:idea:

FYI
Uhh dude southern left the game in jackson in 2001 without playing the school song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back