SU Job An Attractive One

Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks squashed the "Connell Maynor Interviewing with Southern" rumors on Saturday morning on radio. He spoke with Jamarcus Fitzpatrick of KALB-TV in Alexandria, Louisiana on Sunday evening and confirmed that Coach Maynor isn't apart of the process.

Watch the interview here:

Who ever is lucky or blessed to get this job, they will have the fan base and resources to keep those Jags in contention for championships. Its a different vibe playing against SU in their stadium. It always electric. Good Luck on the hire. I am just glad its not Maynor....

Who ever is lucky or blessed to get this job, they will have the fan base and resources to keep those Jags in contention for championships. Its a different vibe playing against SU in their stadium. It always electric. Good Luck on the hire. I am just glad its not Maynor....
To me, Maynor's denial was not a resounding, empathic, definitive denial, and clothed in typicality of the variety aimed at appesement to the powers that be.

Last edited:
To me, Maynor's denial was a not resounding, empathic, definitive denial, and clothed in typicality of the variety aimed at appesement to the powers that be.
I respect your opinion as well as Roman Banks and Coach Maynor's comments about the situation. Unless there is video or audio we will never know. In Bulldawg Land, we are satisfied that we don't have to go through the coaching search again....On another note, if he had interviewed, I hope went by the Blue Store to get some of those wings (best in Baton Rouge)..

I agree - that was a very "mild" and unconvincing denial.

I respect your opinion. However, we got to get focused on the championship game against a very good Pine Bluff team. That lefty quarterback and big receiver will be extremely difficult to control. Best of luck with your hire.

Back