SU Job An Attractive One

Earle

The vacancy made possible by the departiure of Dawson Odums has many desirable components sure to entice the interest of many across the nation including NFL and collegiate greats alike. It is not often that a powerhouse HBCU program like Southern has a HC vacancy. It would not surprise me if the number of applications received is overwhelming. Odums did not leave the cubbard bare, as he leaves behind a talented team that could very likely contend for the 2021 Conference Football Championship in the fall. Here are some other things that make this vacancy so attractive:
1. A veteran team that concluded Spring Season with a 5-1 record & returns entire team assuming none leaves with Odums or graduates
2. Perhaps the most complete, most physical, most dominating team in the SWAC coming into the Fall
3. Ranked in latest FCS poll as 19th best program in nation (ahead of both SWAC Champ particpants): 3rd best HBCU program in nation
4. One of the largest and most rabid fanbases in all of FCS football (17,000 Home Avg. 2019)
5. One of largest stadium facilities in all of FCS & HBCU football with athletic complex and artficial playing surface (28,500 seat. capacity)
6. The largest HBCU in Louisiana, and one of the largest in nation (more than 8K students enrolled, Spring 2021)
7. Main campus of a 5-campus university system (nearly 14,000 students enrolled)
8. Location: Baton Rouge, capital city of Louisiana (845,000 metro. pop.); 66 miles NW of New Orleans (1.35M metro pop.)
9. Bar none, the best marching band in the nation (the Human Jukebox) appearing at all home and away games.
10. GEAUX JAGS! #WE ARE SOUTHERN!

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The vacancy made possible by the departiure of Dawson Odums has many desirable components sure to entice the interest of many across the nation including NFL and collegiate greats alike. It is not often that a powerhouse HBCU program like Southern has a HC vacancy. It would not surprise me if the number of applications recerived were overwhelming. Odums did not leave the covers bare, as he leaves behind a talented team that could very liely contend for the 2021 Fall conference championship. Here are some other things that make this vacancy so attractive:
1. A veteran team that concluded Spring Season with a 5-1 record & returns entire team assuming none leaves with Odums or graduates
2. Perhaps the most complete, most physical, most dominating team in the SWAC coming into the Fall
3. Ranked in latest FCS poll as 19th best program in nation (ahead of both SWAC Champ particpants): 3rd best HBCU program in nation
4. One of the largest and most rabid fanbases in all of FCS football (17,000 Home Avg. 2019)
5. One of largest stadium faciiities in all of FCS & HBCU football with athletic complex and artficial playing surface (28,500 seat. capacity)
6. The largest HBCU in Louisiana, and one of the largest in nation (More than 8K students Spring 2021)
7. Main campus of a 5-campus university system (nearly 14,000 students enrolled)
8. Location: Baton Rouge, capital city of Louisiana (845,000 metro. pop.) 66 miles NW of New Orleans
9. Bar none, the best marching band in the nation (the Human Jukebox) appearing at all home and away games.
10. GEAUX JAGS! #WE ARE SOUTHERN!
I might add that the coach will get additional income from TV commercial opportunities as Odums was very prominent in promoting local businesses. Then the annual Bayou Classic puts this job over the top.

When Mickey Joseph was at Langston begging to be a SWAC coach no one wanted him lol

He goes to a few FBS schools as a "position coach/recruiter" he knows better?

Snl Tell GIF
I heard it is.

I came to this thread to say that Ruffin (Miles) defintely deserves a shot at it with what he has done at Miles.

But it seems like the rumors might be true so it is a moot point

Y'all can have him. We need to get us a white coach like Alcorn did. Jacksonville St your coach is on notice. Let's get this go fund me for the great white hope started. Hell the baseball and golf teams are white anyway. Might as well get these white offensive lineman and kick azz.

Y'all can have him. We need to get us a white coach like Alcorn did. Jacksonville St your coach is on notice. Let's get this go fund me for the great white hope started. Hell the baseball and golf teams are white anyway. Might as well get these white offensive lineman and kick azz.
Man, yall ass ain't getting no YT coach. LOL!!!!! You hate YT people.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back