SU all class

Status
Not open for further replies.

89rabbit

Just got back from BR. I have to say how impressed I was with Southern University, their team, their band and their fans. Nothing but class pure and simple. Everyone treated us great. It was fun meeting and talking with so many of you. Best of luck the rest of the season. I will be pulling for you in the Bayou Classic.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
89rabbit said:
Just got back from BR. I have to say how impressed I was with Southern University, their team, their band and their fans. Nothing but class pure and simple. Everyone treated us great. It was fun meeting and talking with so many of you. Best of luck the rest of the season. I will be pulling for you in the Bayou Classic.

Great game and good luck the rest of the season.

Justin said:
Looks like you were spared by the fans.
What do you mean by this? :confused:

Anyway, 89Rabbit, it was great meeting you and TexJacksFan! And WOW what a stroke of good luck for me to stop the first set of Jacks fans when I was looking for 89Rabbit and you were right there!

Glad you enjoyed the visit...HATE you REALLY enjoyed the scoreboard! :emlaugh:

All of your fans were wonderful and we had a good time meeting them.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

89...glad you enjoyed the weekend. Hopefully you got to taste some of our good cookin here. I couldn't make it to the game though.

Best of luck to ya'll for the rest of the season.

89rabbit said:

Hey 89rabbit:

I did not make the game this past weekend but still I wanted to let you know that I am glad you and the rest of the "Rabbit Nation" had a chance to come down and enjoy some Southern Hospitality. Congrats on a great win and best of luck for the remainder of your season.

What do you mean by this?

Yall SU folks can play dumb if you want to, but I know exactly what Justin is talking about. I visited SU last year. SOME of yalls fans are just plain rude. I remember seeing this old man talking noise the entire game near the visiting fans. I don't think he attended SU, but he was definitely a fan to the heart.

Killer Bees said:
Yall SU folks can play dumb if you want to, but I know exactly what Justin is talking about. I visited SU last year. SOME of yalls fans are just plain rude. I remember seeing this old man talking noise the entire game near the visiting fans. I don't think he attended SU, but he was definitely a fan to the heart.
I am incapable of PLAYING dumb. I am so sick and tired of you people saying that SU fans are all rude to you and that this is something exclusive to only Southernites.

In the 35 years since I have been attending SWAC games I can give you stories of rude ass fans from every school, including yours. YES I CAN PROVIDE ANTEDOCTAL EVIDENCE OF A GROUP OF ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY FANS THAT WERE ASSHOLES TO MY MOTHER AND ME LAST YEAR. But I don't generalize and indict your school and its fan base.

Whatever...

Killer Bees said:

You know, I get sick and tired of this. I have season tickets to Minnesota Vikings games and the fans give the other team fans grief the whole time. Look at Philly fan. It is nothing wrong with be a hard core fan as long as you keep it within reason. There will always be those few who cross the line.

I know first hand that FAMU is a tough place to play just like our place. Their fans are into it. I can appreciate that. Now I don't think fans should curse folks out and stuff, but that's part of being on the other teams turf. My point is that this is not exclusive to SU fans. Sure some are rude and crude. But most are cool as heck and I have seen them feed the opposing fans all kinds of stuff at the tailgates. But I am glad our fans can give us that edge. It goes a long way. Nothing wrong with rowdy fans within reason. That's part of the excitement. One of the reasons I miss playing FAMU. Because their fans are like SU's and Bragg Stadium aint no joke to play at. Our fans aint as bad as folks try to make them out to be. Heck I think the Jag Nation done got kind of passive and soft the last few years. :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Blacknbengal said:
Well, I never had my brake lines cut. Come to think about it, I never visited Mumford stadium either.

I visited once. After SU lost, all cars with Mississippi plates were vandalized. Maybe they're a kinder and gentler school now. :emlaugh:

Blacknbengal said:
Well, I never had my brake lines cut. Come to think about it, I never visited Mumford stadium either.
Well, I have been to Confederate Memorial Stadium and had the windows smashed in and the flags broken off. We were parked next to jsu fans who threaten us and told us that we would be "sorry" and one of them was so drunk he threw up all over himself and on one of our chairs. I still go to Confederate Memorial Stadium though.

And don't you visit Mumford EVER!

Jam Piper Jam said:
I visited once. After SU lost, all cars with Mississippi plates were vandalized. Maybe they're a kinder and gentler school now. :emlaugh:

That's funny. Keep yo country ass in the 'sip then. No apologies. :emlaugh:

These people on this board are ridiculous. If you're so paranoid and afraid of the Jaguar Nation, then would you please keep a distance of at least 10ft away.......for your comfort and ours.

I too have stories of being harassed by Jackson State fans at a gas station completely away from the stadium in Jackson, but I digress. :uhoh:

They just can't stand to hear anything good about Southern, its sad really.

Killer Bees said:

So..."talking noise" is a bad thing?

Deal is the Nation come on this thread fronting like they welcome all there opponents like they did the JackRabbits. Everybody knows that there are plenty of rude fans everywhere and since SU has more fans than anyone, they have more rude fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back