Southern's "Home Game" in Jackson/They talking every year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So they dropped the extra $5 on gameday this year.
I alway's made it to the Stadium to get my tickets on Friday in years past to avoid that cost.

GOOD.........No rush this year. :D

Anybody know how much they charge for kids? I got a 4-year-old.

It's a damn shame that some folks can't leave well enough along. This series is about to die because a few ninjas can't think of or to damn lazy to come up with creative ways to generate funds for the university and believe they have found the solution by continuing adding an additional financial burden to the loyal fans that have support Southern for years. Somebody at really needs to investigate these ninjas on how much they contribute by starting with the monies generated from leasing out the luxury box suites at Mumford Stadium. I believe Dr. Slaughter was truly on to something before his departure. These political ninjas are a disgrace.

It's a damn shame that some folks can't leave well enough along. This series is about to die because a few ninjas can't think of or to damn lazy to come up with creative ways to generate funds for the university and believe they have found the solution by continuing adding an additional financial burden to the loyal fans that have support Southern for years. Somebody at really needs to investigate these ninjas on how much they contribute by starting with the monies generated from leasing out the luxury box suites at Mumford Stadium. I believe Dr. Slaughter was truly on to something before his departure. These political ninjas are a disgrace.

great post.

There it is. :lecture:

I bought 5 $35.00 tickets ($175).
You SU fans don't have to thank me I'm just glad I could help out.

No smack at all...but why not simply raise the price for the JSU game by $5 (AFTER) speaking with the various alumni groups and season ticket holders. If attendance is 25k paid customers, then that's an additional $125k above what you normally make. Oh well...

No smack at all...but why not simply raise the price for the JSU game by $5 (AFTER) speaking with the various alumni groups and season ticket holders. If attendance is 25k paid customers, then that's an additional $125k above what you normally make. Oh well...

I said that also.
Valley raise the JSU tickets to almost double price of their other games when they took it back to thier campus.:lol:

I'm still deciding if I'm going to go and pay that $30
Might have to wait till halftime or something before walking in... First Half, I'll just sit outside and get full & tipsy in the "Family Grove" :lol:

Let me be the first to say:

I TOLD YOU SO!!

I told yall this 5 years ago. GR is so far ahead of yall.
Jackson is the only place this game belongs
Let me call lefluer now and ask him for my cut.
Yall owe GR

:lol:

This is like:

University Of Michigan home games being played at Ohio State.

The Celtics home games being played in New York.

If they do that they might as well get ready to lose their jobs..

We ain't going to sit by and let that happen...

I really won't attend that game if they do that..

And this is the fine line between smack and two hbcus being civil..

There is no way in hell any one from JSU (HBCU) should be that selfish and unconcerned about a neighboring HBCU to where they wouldn't want to get on the road every other year to support both URBAN cities...

Be the responses I read from some of these serious topics I know many of you don't give two schits about another HBCU which is why I don't show much concern for many other hbcus on here...

I guess they are different type folk in this world.. Some folk that have a word and others that "act" like they have a word but sit back and let folks walk all over them..

Peace

Already done. That is how it got here this year. It's amazing how Black History has examples of how we ruin good things or how we sell out to kill good things.

I'm from MS and Jackson is my capital city. My sister is there and my LB is always a gracious host. I'm very tight with my KKPsi brothers from the 80s from JSU. So, I love to go there. There is just something way wrong with moving your home game out of state to a competitor's home field. But, who cares anymore, right!

Peace...

Oh well...

Peace...

Already done. That is how it got here this year. It's amazing how Black History has examples of how we ruin good things or how we sell out to kill good things.

I'm from MS and Jackson is my capital city. My sister is there and my LB is always a gracious host. I'm very tight with my KKPsi brothers from the 80s from JSU. So, I love to go there. There is just something way wrong with moving your home game out of state to a competitor's home field. But, who cares anymore, right!

Peace...

Oh well...

Peace...

Why is it that yall don't agree when someone from JSU says the same thing. lol

:lol:

This is like:

University Of Michigan home games being played at Ohio State.

The Celtics home games being played in New York.

Not really, because neither of those organizations are in dire straits, financially speaking. From the present standpoint, the bottom line ($$$) supercedes the pride of playing a home game at home. However, I'm not so sure how much SU will net from this deal. I do agree that this is a bad move by SU's powers that be. I'm kind of hoping for a lower turnout for the next two years, so both parties will NEVER reconsider this proposal.........but in two years, neither of these AD's will be there to renegotiate. lol

Not really, because neither of those organizations are in dire straits, financially speaking. From the present standpoint, the bottom line ($$$) supercedes the pride of playing a home game at home. However, I'm not so sure how much SU will net from this deal. I do agree that this is a bad move by SU's powers that be. I'm kind of hoping for a lower turnout for the next two years, so both parties will NEVER reconsider this proposal.........but in two years, neither of these AD's will be there to renegotiate. lol

I'm speaking from a fans' point of view. It would be an insult to N'TH degree for a Big Blue fan to go to a home game at Ohio State! and vice versa. :cool: Would JSU fans like it if their home games were played Pine Bluff?

Last edited:
I don't understand the problem. The AD has said that the SU athletic program needs more money. Playing in Jackson makes the athletic program more money than playing in BR. If I have missed something let me know.

The End

PS I guess you could play in BR and drop a couple of sports.

They are hoping it makes more money... Jackson or no one else has given us any guaranteed money. These are very optimistic negotiators. They've heard all that is being typed here. But, they feel all of the negative comments will be smashed - :smash: - to a pulp, because The Nation will be in the house on a major scale and Jacksonians will certainly not allow Southernites to pack their house without them and they will do it at SU's ticket prices and SU, the home team, will sit in their usual visitor seating and we will all be happy ever more.

If that works as the great minds have planned and contracted, in about 3 years, we'll be like another HBCU and have 5 to 6 home games with only 2 or 3 in A. W. Mumford per year (Homecoming and some irrelevant we better not lose game). The main question will be whether you will continue to be forced to purchase the satellite home game tickets with the season book packages.

JSU use to have to compete with Ole' Miss, Miss State and USM for Memorial Stadium privileges. Great minds in BR realize that JSU hates coming to BR, so this is a prime opportunity to give JSU competition with Jackson and Stadium officials for scheduling in Memorial.

In addition, this will give SU prime time visibility in the state of MS every year. So, recruiting will excel from the Hospitality state and that will generate even more income for the university as it realizes the increase in enrollment. So, among other increases, look for the Jukebox to go to 196 marching on the field within the next three years.

This is just a high level of the benefit of the mastermind plans of extending The Nations tentacles into the rest of the boot in the south. By year 5, we will convince the MS State Legislature to recognize the SU System as an adopted state institution and establish a campus in Ridgeland and later Gulfport.

Hey, we're moving on up! To the Top. :clap:

Any questions? :lecture:

:cuddle:

Peace...

So this will be the "Welfare Classic" then. GR is a prophet.

BB

GR is a SWAC prophet. The difference between GR and everybody else, is that GR doesnt just say a lot of stupid schit just to see words come together and make a sentence. It only makes common sense for this game to be played in Jackson every year. New Orleans and BR just wont do.

TGO told them this would happen years ago. I want want my commission.

They are hoping it makes more money... Jackson or no one else has given us any guaranteed money. These are very optimistic negotiators. They've heard all that is being typed here. But, they feel all of the negative comments will be smashed - :smash: - to a pulp, because The Nation will be in the house on a major scale and Jacksonians will certainly not allow Southernites to pack their house without them and they will do it at SU's ticket prices and SU, the home team, will sit in their usual visitor seating and we will all be happy ever more.

If that works as the great minds have planned and contracted, in about 3 years, we'll be like another HBCU and have 5 to 6 home games with only 2 or 3 in A. W. Mumford per year (Homecoming and some irrelevant we better not lose game). The main question will be whether you will continue to be forced to purchase the satellite home game tickets with the season book packages.

JSU use to have to compete with Ole' Miss, Miss State and USM for Memorial Stadium privileges. Great minds in BR realize that JSU hates coming to BR, so this is a prime opportunity to give JSU competition with Jackson and Stadium officials for scheduling in Memorial.

In addition, this will give SU prime time visibility in the state of MS every year. So, recruiting will excel from the Hospitality state and that will generate even more income for the university as it realizes the increase in enrollment. So, among other increases, look for the Jukebox to go to 196 marching on the field within the next three years.

This is just a high level of the benefit of the mastermind plans of extending The Nations tentacles into the rest of the boot in the south. By year 5, we will convince the MS State Legislature to recognize the SU System as an adopted state institution and establish a campus in Ridgeland and later Gulfport.

Hey, we're moving on up! To the Top. :clap:

Any questions? :lecture:

:cuddle:

Peace...

Well Damm..........:lmao:
That's one way of putting a positive :spin: on this. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back