Southern's "Home Game" in Jackson/They talking every year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

players

Banned
Interesting article about the game and where the "powers that be" want it to go.
They also have some str8 to the point quotes from SU people that don't want this.
If memorial is full Saturday, and judging by the sunny sky's and upper 70's temperature it probably will be, this is going to get more interesting.

Comments/Feeling from both sides.
I know it's comming but try to keep smack to a minimum.

Southern sacrifices comforts of Baton Rouge for cold cash.

All those in favor of holding the Southern University-Jackson State football game at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium every year raise your hand.
Everyone in blue and white please sit down, we already counted you. Two hands are just one vote Mr. Braddy, even for the JSU athletic director. By the way, nice watch Bob.

There's a little blue and gold in the room. Oh, that's Southern athletic director Greg LaFleur raising his hand - despite that intimidating glare from coach Pete Richardson. ...
This scenario could become a reality if certain officials have their way.

Freddie Green Sr. is a member of the Southern Sixth Man Club and said he wouldn't attend if the booster organization wasn't sponsoring a bus trip.
"We were hoping it'd fall through," the 63-year-old Baton Rouge resident said. "You're causing people hardship during a (down) economy. It might be worth it to them, but not for the public.
"They'll find out for themselves if they make it a long-term thing. The athletic director is not doing what he's supposed to do."

Like the writer joked in the opening, this is a easy vote for JSU fans.
Ya'll know I don't mind driving 1 mile from my house every year instead of hitting the highway to see this game.:D

Last edited:

I've already voiced my displeasure in moving the game this year. I guess they ruled out the Superdome because of the cost of it and having to pay them twice.

Last edited:
I've already voiced my displeasure in moving the game this year. I guess they ruled out the Superdome because of the cost of it.

Naw.
I remember them specifically saying that the Superdome was ruled out because there is no place to tailgate.
That is where that "4th of July in October" came from on the board this summer.
That's how Clayton or someone from SU described the pre-game atmosphere of the game.

Southerns people, AD, Etc., said that tailgating areas was a must for this game simply because fans show up day's before the game is played.

Now it makes sense... Comegy called the Village Hostile and that set the stage for TC to sublease Confederate Memorial from yall. I think Robber negotiated this with TC over some Crown... Damn shame!

Yea...

Tailgating is rather limited in Downtown New Orleans.
Saturday will tell the story.
Guess I'll fire up the ole pit at the crib, drink my crown, grill my steaks
and listen to the game on the radio.
:)

If they do that they might as well get ready to lose their jobs..

We ain't going to sit by and let that happen...

I really won't attend that game if they do that..

And this is the fine line between smack and two hbcus being civil..

There is no way in hell any one from JSU (HBCU) should be that selfish and unconcerned about a neighboring HBCU to where they wouldn't want to get on the road every other year to support both URBAN cities...

Be the responses I read from some of these serious topics I know many of you don't give two schits about another HBCU which is why I don't show much concern for many other hbcus on here...

I guess they are different type folk in this world.. Some folk that have a word and others that "act" like they have a word but sit back and let folks walk all over them..

Peace

Exactly. I would personally make a couple of phone calls and support heads rolling if they agree to this. :upset:

The fans lose out, the city loses out, surrounding business lose out, which will affect future support of the University.
:upset:

I don't support this.. I got to get down to br and see them hi yella and creole honies... I went to SUBR homecoming last year and mane...:sperm::sperm:

And this is the fine line between smack and two hbcus being civil..

There is no way in hell any one from JSU (HBCU) should be that selfish and unconcerned about a neighboring HBCU to where they wouldn't want to get on the road every other year to support both URBAN cities...

Be the responses I read from some of these serious topics I know many of you don't give two schits about another HBCU which is why I don't show much concern for many other hbcus on here...

I guess they are different type folk in this world.. Some folk that have a word and others that "act" like they have a word but sit back and let folks walk all over them..

Peace

You act like y'all not getting any money from us...we'll hook you up with something !!! :lol:

When we were battling with the State about control of Memorial and ticket counting/funding, etc. y'all mofos weren't on here supporting us and joining in the fight! Y'all were laughing, smilie face, etc.

But seriously I don't want the game in Jackson every year. I'm still trying to figure out why the game was moved this year especially with SU's rehab on Mumford. But the only answer I get is the AD (or somebody) did it. :retard: That's all y'all got? That's your answer? :noidea:

Is SU coming out with more money by moving this to Jackson? There has to be a logical reason...

if not...then this shyt is sad...

You act like y'all not getting any money from us...we'll hook you up with something !!! :lol:

When we were battling with the State about control of Memorial and ticket counting/funding, etc. y'all mofos weren't on here supporting us and joining in the fight! Y'all were laughing, smilie face, etc.

But seriously I don't want the game in Jackson every year. I'm still trying to figure out why the game was moved this year especially with SU's rehab on Mumford. But the only answer I get is the AD (or somebody) did it. :retard: That's all y'all got? That's your answer? :noidea:

Is SU coming out with more money by moving this to Jackson? There has to be a logical reason...

if not...then this shyt is sad

Yep.........a lot more money for SU than they would make in Baton rougue.

But like you and SU fans are saying, it's more than a paycheck to SU's athletic department involved in this decision.
There are a lot of businesses in Baton Rougue that was counting on this game.
Now business in Jackson is going to reap the benifit's of a game they was not even planning for just 4 month's ago.

This is a cash windfall for the Jackson Metro that go way beyond how much JSU is getting from ticket sales, etc.
Everybody that got 4 wall's and a product to sell is going to make unexpected money in Jackson this weekend.
On top of that, JSU fans won't have the expense of traveling and hotel cost either.

Last edited:
I don't understand the problem. The AD has said that the SU athletic program needs more money. Playing in Jackson makes the athletic program more money than playing in BR. If I have missed something let me know.

The End

PS I guess you could play in BR and drop a couple of sports.

I don't understand the problem. The AD has said that the SU athletic program needs more money. Playing in Jackson makes the athletic program more money than playing in BR. If I have missed something let me know.

The End

PS I guess you could play in BR and drop a couple of sports.

Making more money?????????????? What you really need to look at is traveling fans will spend more money.

Peace

Yes ya'll will......look at the JSU-SU Roll Call thread and see how many are supporting this game in Jackson.

The most exciting game in Baton Rouge this year becomes Prairie View A&M.

I'll be there to support this game.

Yes ya'll will......look at the JSU-SU Roll Call thread and see how many are supporting this game in Jackson.

With the weather forcast that they have for Saturday, this game is going to be packed.
Sunny sky's, temps in the upper 70's, no rain.
They said lite rain showers for Friday afternoon and it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back