Southern Vs. Alabama A&M 5th Quarter 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If your angle is "in ATL, SU is not the most popular...or, the most used style among HS's....or, the first college band thought off for ATL events" , then, yes.... I'd understand.

But, to say SU gets no props in ATL....:smh:

There have been countless cats come from ATL come thru Greggs office. He!!, I have a few CB's from ATL, myself. One of which was a DM (in '99)...one's Psi...one had section by Jr. year, etc. Heritage Bowls...ATL Classic? (What's the other one called?..{ex. played SCSU in '91})....what we did to MoB's new band room....gett'n in FAMn's arse twice in one year...etc...etc.

So, what are we basing this on?

At any rate, SU may not get these so-called "props"....but, the "S" fa'da*n'sho' owns real estate in that ibtch...:lol:

LMAO... You ain't have enough yet Justin?....:lmao:
You still in Mobile? That bet can still be on if you want...
:swink:

I ain't never had a problem with the bet. I told you and Al, I had to replace EVERYTHING that was stolen first. I only have the horn, no-nothing else.

Yeah, I'm still in Mobile trying to make y'all brain-washed ex-Jukes see the light.

name me the 9 bands who were better than AAMU in 98.

Now, ya'll may have been better than JSU in 98. We sucked in 98 but ya'll could not even hang with JSU in 1999 so I know SU smoked you because SU was tight in 1999.

...oh and when JSU came to AAMU in 1999, your crowd boo'ed our marches because they wanted us to play R&B not because you all were better. JSU is the king of R&B just like FAMU is the king of ballads and SU is the king of rap. There is not way AAMU wanted any of JSU.

Kicked yo azz with marches.....:lmao:

this thread is a classic case of insignificant bands trying to become significant. :lol:

using cee logic...if my "crowd" that I hang with think less of a program then everyonein that region feels that way. that, my friends, is a clear case of someone having the galloping dumb azzes.

Now, ya'll may have been better than JSU in 98. We sucked in 98 but ya'll could not even hang with JSU in 1999 so I know SU smoked you because SU was tight in 1999.

How could yall suck one year but not be on such a high level the next year?? And (let me clarify this)

Just because you play marches doesnt make your band good!!!

this thread is a classic case of insignificant bands trying to become significant. :lol:

What are you talking about? The person that started this thread is not affiliated with AAMU. And if, according to your logic, the MMW is insignificant, then im sure an insignificant band wouldnt put up competition like what is shown on the footage, or am I wrong?

What are you talking about? The person that started this thread is not affiliated with AAMU. And if, according to your logic, the MMW is insignificant, then im sure an insignificant band wouldnt put up competition like what is shown on the footage, or am I wrong?

It really isn't worth arguing. If they think our band sucks then let them feel that way. We will keep striving to improve ourselves, entertain the crowd, and motivate the football team. To he!! with their opinions

It really isn't worth arguing. If they think our band sucks then let them feel that way. We will keep striving to improve ourselves, entertain the crowd, and motivate the football team. To he!! with their opinions

For the record that's how I feel about your opinion....lol

I feel the same way! But folks be coming on here and other spots talkin mad sh!t about they cleaned out the Jukebox! C'mon now, if we took all of those Ls, how do we still rank amongst the elite, why do the invites continue to come, why don't we get clowned like Grampax? AAMU is alright with me, I love that "Lovely Day", and 2007 came to the bluff for homecoming with their hard hats on ready to do work, and I was impressed. But to come on here and say "A&M gave SU the business '98, '99, 2000, 2002, etc.... if that was the case yall would be where we are! I'm not saying that the U can never take a L, but its can't be because we didn't do a 5th, or "because that was so and so's crab year, and that niqqa wuz blowin." you gone have to whoop the juke and make us bow down, because the champ doesn't lose his belt in the event of a draw!

But hell everybody get better, and thats just gonna make other bands better, and then the Juke will have to step up our game and get better. I don't see it so much as arguing, but as a debate to see what you saw that we didn't see. And I still break my neck to see any HBCU band thats around (except Grampax), and I am almost never disappointed.

I feel the same way! But folks be coming on here and other spots talkin mad sh!t about they cleaned out the Jukebox! C'mon now, if we took all of those Ls, how do we still rank amongst the elite, why do the invites continue to come, why don't we get clowned like Grampax? AAMU is alright with me, I love that "Lovely Day", and 2007 came to the bluff for homecoming with their hard hats on ready to do work, and I was impressed. But to come on here and say "A&M gave SU the business '98, '99, 2000, 2002, etc.... if that was the case yall would be where we are! I'm not saying that the U can never take a L, but its can't be because we didn't do a 5th, or "because that was so and so's crab year, and that niqqa wuz blowin." you gone have to whoop the juke and make us bow down, because the champ doesn't lose his belt in the event of a draw!

But hell everybody get better, and thats just gonna make other bands better, and then the Juke will have to step up our game and get better. I don't see it so much as arguing, but as a debate to see what you saw that we didn't see. And I still break my neck to see any HBCU band thats around (except Grampax), and I am almost never disappointed.

I still don't understand how someone can judge their own band? What is heard acroos the field is normally different from what you hear from within the band

I still don't understand how someone can judge their own band? What is heard acroos the field is normally different from what you hear from within the band

Exactly.. You say this but act as if you and YOUR people are the only ones able to "be in the band and know all"....:retard:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How could yall suck one year but not be on such a high level the next year?? And (let me clarify this)

Just because you play marches doesnt make your band good!!!

uuuum, we actually got better as the year went on (ask Alcorn) in 1998 and it carried over into 1999. And when we say we sucked, we sucked on JSU standards. We still would have schooled you.

^^^^
See what I mean?

"Better to be thought of as a fool, then open you mouth and remove all doubt."

I went from page 1 to page 4 with 4 comments. I bet folks have about 30 replies about something that aint getting Obama in the White house, but will get carpoltunal syndrome about opinions about a game that happend 9 years ago on a rainy day in Lousianna.

:lol:

Internet Thugs....You all need hugs.

^^^^
See what I mean?

"Better to be thought of as a fool, then open you mouth and remove all doubt."

I went from page 1 to page 4 with 4 comments. I bet folks have about 30 replies about something that aint getting Obama in the White house, but will get carpoltunal syndrome about opinions about a game that happend 9 years ago on a rainy day in Lousianna.

Internet Thugs....You all need hugs.

What do "BAND" has to do with Obama or anybody getting in the White House?!?! You one of them that think because we all black we need to be talking about getting Obama in the white house in a band forum?!?!:retard:

You right though, go ahead and hug yourself...

Yall SU folks are funny. Please realize that SU has never really been good. That style of marching yall do is beyond funny. You have never gotten love in the ATL believe that.

:lmao::lmao:

I wonder where all that applause came from in Jan 86 in Fulton County Stadium......same in 91 at Georgia Tech...........wonder why the Juke did more than their share of Atlanta Falcon games in the past......surely the ATL fans had to be appalled. Heritage Bowl waxings send help.

Carry on.

But to come on here and say "A&M gave SU the business '98, '99, 2000, 2002, etc.... if that was the case yall would be where we are! I'm not saying that the U can never take a L, but its can't be because we didn't do a 5th, or "because that was so and so's crab year, and that niqqa wuz blowin.

Nobody said all of that. If so it wasnt me. This thread is about one game and thats the one in which the title is named. Its a difference between takin a L and "gettin the business". A band can take a number of L's but that doesnt make them any less of a band at all. If Su did take a L in this game so what? That doesnt make anyone look at SU in any lesser light than they do now. Its just one game. Now "gettin the bussiness" is a totally different thing. Thats something that gets done to the less powerful and effective bands in the swac (I wont name any names), but I dont think any band can give SU "the business", but any band can take an L. Its just like Joe Louis said "everybodys got to figure to lose sometime".

:lmao::lmao:

I wonder where all that applause came from in Jan 86 in Fulton County Stadium......same in 91 at Georgia Tech...........wonder why the Juke did more than their share of Atlanta Falcon games in the past......surely the ATL fans had to be appalled. Heritage Bowl waxings send help.

Carry on.

Jr, don?t worry bruh. I ain?t lost my mind yet. :lol: I just like messing with these young cats. :lol: I was at many of them killings the juke put on schools back then. :lol: I even remember in fall 85 my old highschool band came down for yall homecoming and we were crabbing some folks in our percussion section. Well doc was conducting our band in yalls music hall and they let the percussion section sit around and talk to some of SU section. When they found out we were crabbing some cats they showed us some new techniques. :lol: Yall percussion section leader was crazy. :lol: He told us ?The best way to maintain a crab is motivate him in the morning, at lunch and at night?. :lol: He even brought one of his crabs in to show us. :lmao: I knew then the juke was wild. :lol: No punks allowed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back