Southern Vs. Alabama A&M 5th Quarter 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jared still in denial about this one lol.... we been debating about this game for years now... nobody is going to agree lol

I did not open the clips because I have interest in seeing AAMUs band but I find it hard to believe that AAMU was any comp for SU in 1999. 1999 was the year that JSU went to Huntsville and only played marches in the 5th becasue they knew AAMU was not a technically sound band. It frustrated the fugg out of them becasue they wanted to blow on the BOOM with all of those trumpets but the BOOM made them play their game. Classic strategy.

..almost as classic as the offensive gameplan used by John Shannon in that game.

See...A&M had Newborn-SWACitis. They put on a good first impression for the Nation, and let props from the Nation blow their heads up to think the effort was more than what it was.

Point blank...nobody was fugg'n wit SU'99.

I did not open the clips because I have interest in seeing AAMUs band but I find it hard to believe that AAMU was any comp for SU in 1999. 1999 was the year that JSU went to Huntsville and only played marches in the 5th becasue they knew AAMU was not a technically sound band. It frustrated the fugg out of them becasue they wanted to blow on the BOOM with all of those trumpets but the BOOM made them play their game. Classic strategy.

..almost as classic as the offensive gameplan used by John Shannon in that game.

TP PLEASE????? you must have got old and not remembered what happenned. How was AAMU frustrated? AAMU STILL blowed while the crowd booed JSU playing marches the entire 5th..... so how did the Boom make AAMU play "their game".... so how was it a classic strategy? AAMU did AAMU and JSU did JSU.

I beg to differ. There is some more footage of this game (and I wish someone could post it)where people who previously marched in SU's band emphatically stated that Southern took the L. Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion but to make a ststement like that is a little excessive in my opinon. Southern in 99 was a great band dont get me wrong but they were not invincible as you would like to think.

See...A&M had Newborn-SWACitis. They put on a good first impression for the Nation, and let props from the Nation blow their heads up to think the effort was more than what it was.

Must be that Good Missouri city Hemp.
AAMU blew your boys heads clean off!!!!

The only thing yall had was Can You Feel it.......which you played as a downfield drill.

Take your L and keep it moving Jags.

The only thing yall had was Can You Feel it.......which you played as a downfield drill.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Yeah right...... A&M? :lmao: C'mon :lol::lol:
Boy yall silly:lol::lol::lol:

We coulda played The Star Spangled Banner and cleaned out A&M.
Cut it out..... For real

Ain't this the same band you lied and said you were apart of? Take "YOUR" L and move on.... I highly doubt you would know what it would take to give a band an L..
Only thing we had was "Can You Feel It"?!?! WTF?!?!...Go back to smoking your trees...:retard:

Ain't this the same band you lied and said you were apart of? Take "YOUR" L and move on.... I highly doubt you would know what it would take to give a band an L..
Only thing we had was "Can You Feel It"?!?! WTF?!?!...Go back to smoking your trees...:retard:

Take your L and keep it moving!!!!

after "x" amount of years and u ready to get froggy.
This will go on for the next 20 or so years.'

Take your L and keep it moving!!!!

after "x" amount of years and u ready to get froggy.
This will go on for the next 20 or so years.'

Like Byron Scott told Stackhouse... "Get a ring them holla"

I'm telling you..."Know what you are talking about then holla"......

:retard:

Like Byron Scott told Stackhouse... "Get a ring them holla"

I'm telling you..."Know what you are talking about then holla"......

Just like Jay-Z told these weak @zz MC out here.

"What you eat dont make me schit"
"Sensitive Thugs....You all need Hugs".

Let me spell it out for you so I dont have to go back and forth with you.

If I say yall got blown the Fugg out.....that's what I think".
Period.

What I think is what I think, Regardless if you were kissing Dr. Greggs on the mouth at that game or if you were selling peanuts in the consession stands that game....You took an L.

Have a nice day. :D

Just like Jay-Z told these weak @zz MC out here.

"What you eat dont make me schit"
"Sensitive Thugs....You all need Hugs".

Let me spell it out for you so I dont have to go back and forth with you.

If I say yall got blown the Fugg out.....that's what I think".
Period.

What I think is what I think, Regardless if you were kissing Dr. Greggs on the mouth at that game or if you were selling peanuts in the consession stands that game....You took an L.

Have a nice day. :D

You wouldn't know isht.. because you actually made up in your mind you was in AAMU band at that game... (When in fact you never marched ina college band a day in your life..How you get the 2 mix up I have not a clue...lmao)

So let me spell it out to you... YOUR OPINION IS VOID....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Oh boy I see where this is going

*takes a seat and gets some popcorn*:lmao:

hey, I just save 15% on my S U season dvds @ humanjukebox.com. After watching I will tell you guys who was the best band that year... but not really.

fyi we didn't do can u feel it in a drill until the hertiage bowl that yr. which was the ....last game of the season. *shrugs*

juggarnaut91;1425140We coulda played The Star Spangled Banner and cleaned out A&M. Cut it out..... For real[/QUOTE said:
Now this is what im talkin about. Complete IGNORANCE!!!!

Its ok to have a spirited discussion about a particular band battle but this is just ridiculous. Like I said earlier everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it seems that many SU people comtinue to let HUBRIS (if you dont know what it means look it up) continue to distort their vision about other bands. Now if you say the MMW didnt blow out Su fine,but dont make dumb comments like that to try to prove your point because we all know that that wasnt the case.

fyi we didn't do can u feel it in a drill until the hertiage bowl that yr. which was the ....last game of the season. *shrugs*

According to the halftime I saw SU did play can you feel it in the drill, unless I saw the wrong video or something. Maybe someone else can veify.

Its ok to have a spirited discussion about a particular band battle but this is just ridiculous. Like I said earlier everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it seems that many SU people comtinue to let HUBRIS (if you dont know what it means look it up) continue to distort their vision about other bands. Now if you say the MMW didnt blow out Su fine,but dont make dumb comments like that to try to prove your point because we all know that that wasnt the case.

well, whats your excuse for your outlandish claim that A&M got with SU. in 99we didnt have no draws, it was SU came and beasted then left. It wasnt the last time we did that to yall either. AH well

well, whats your excuse for your outlandish claim that A&M got with SU. in 99we didnt have no drawls, it was SU came and beasted then left.

Thats not my quote, like I said earlier YOUR OWN FORMER BAND MEMBERS SAID THAT(and there are tapes that prove that)!!! Even if you dont agree with that you can at least offer an acceptable rationale, but to make such outlandish statements when the footage obviously discredits it is just insane. Does the footage support your claim "SU came and beasted then left" be honest. I dont think so.

Get used to it!!:lmao:

I beg to differ. There is some more footage of this game (and I wish someone could post it)where people who previously marched in SU's band emphatically stated that Southern took the L.

Someone claims this every year...:lol:

Like I said...A&M came in as a first timer...and, came in aggressive. That's ALWAYS a plus in Mumford. No matter how big or small...you'll ALWAYS get Mumford's respect for coming in with a business band attitude. That ain't EVER meant that you got a "W", though. And, some of you need to realize that.

To my knowledge of recent history, FAMn in '00 was the only band that did what it takes and got a "W" in Mumford. They had the entire package...stands, tunes (some were iffy, but most sound and "were written" pretty good), sound and field show.

Please point to what arrangement(s) were fugg'n with SU. Please point to the field show and sound that earned A&M a "W" in 99.

Ps- Im going to completely ignore the "All SU had was Can You Feel It" comment...:smh: / :lol:

Thats not my quote, like I said earlier YOUR OWN FORMER BAND MEMBERS SAID THAT(and there are tapes that prove that)!!! Even if you dont agree with that you can at least offer an acceptable rationale, but to make such outlandish statements when the footage obviously discredits it is just insane. Does the footage support your claim "SU came and beasted then left" be honest. I dont think so.

Let someone show some footage of the Circle City Classic in 2002. When we was maching B and tell me SU didn't get blew out. From the beginning of that game to the end, we was giving it to yall. Even in the 5th when you all was walking out the dome after yall played that one song. I don't think we was new to the swac then. No one from SU ever talks about that game. Wonder why?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back