Southern Heritage Classic 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will you stop playing yearly like TnSU and FAMU did? Or will it go to a home and home?

TnSU… You conference sucks for your students and alums. Make the damn move already.
Believe me, if I could make the decision, we would have joined the SWAC years ago.

At this point, I really think whether the series with JSU (and FAMU since you mentioned them) continues is more up to them than it is us LOL because both are currently in much more stable situations than we are, and can afford to pass if they choose.

Memphis blk community look forward to this game every year ... sucks for them. But hopefully it's for the good of JSU and pushes TSU to finally join a black conference.

The City of Memphis will reach out with an offer and make it lucrative for both schools...(just my gut feeling)

I think this is what will happen because if it doesn't, TSU won't have any big games to look forward to and alums/supporters are gonna be PISSED with no SHC on the schedule

Plus with the OVC defections, they'lll have to add at least 1-2 games (they've only got TAMU-Commerce as part of the OVC/Southland alliance on their 2022 schedule thus far).

I wouldn't be surprised with our "great" AD if Valley is one of those games with one OOC game left (Tarleton and Delta State (we know we play them but just don't know the date)

Last edited:
WE JACKSON STATE!!!! We don't need to tell nobody isht!!

rick-james.gif

WE'RE JACKSON STATE ITCH!!

The classic isn’t canceled. The promoters will find a new team to play them.
Unless TnSu was going to host the game & pay JSU more than the SWAC classic then I don’t know what discussions were suppose to happen.
We’re married to the SWAC not the SHC.
We were still under contract contrary to whats been told! Look for some legal action from both tNSU and Fred Jones!

We were still under contract contrary to whats been told! Look for some legal action from both tNSU and Fred Jones!

We know that. And clearly the JSU & the SWAC office ain’t worried. The monies must be set aside and ready for payout.
Again, the classic is not canceled. There are plenty schools who can play them in Memphis. It’ll be great exposure for the team who’s replacing us.

SHC is bigger than TSU homecoming. It is the biggest event affiliated with TSU and like the biggest black event in Tennessee. The TSU community has the right to be piss.

Contracts are broken all the time. I get that. It happens. And I'm sure the JSU higher-ups are fully aware that legal action was likely to happen when they made the decision to leave the SHC. And I can understand Tennesse State's reason for being upset and taking legal action, but damn J-State was it really too much not to extend a courtesy call to inform TSU that you were backing out?

We know that. And clearly the JSU & the SWAC office ain’t worried. The monies must be set aside and ready for payout.
Again, the classic is not canceled. There are plenty schools who can play them in Memphis. It’ll be great exposure for the team who’s replacing us.
That’s not how it works in the world of contracts! The harm for the promoter is the drawing power of JSU. If a suitable replacement with the same drawing power, is not found within a reasonable time would indeed be a form of harm To his business!

SHC is the single busjest weekend in Memphis. Memphis in May is the largest event held throughout the month. There is a very easy way to articulate harm to the city, promoter and local businesses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back